Clear lens retrofit issue?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2016, 05:18 PM
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Clear lens retrofit issue?

So I have a 2013 Acura TL which I just bought the clear lens 2.5" clear lens off of theretrofitsource.com and I installed them after baking my headlight, and for one thing the spacer kit that I bought with it does not even fit on it because the type of projector the lens is pushed forward so there's nowhere to put spacers I rigged the spacers up to be able to install them towards the end by the cut off Shield and it's still made hardly any difference I don't see a sharp cut off and I don't have the purplish blue line at the top ...with my 3G Acura TL. I installed the clear lens added one spacer and adjusted it a little bit and boom straight line purple cut off very crisp. Why am I having issues with the 4G Acura TL it is not giving me the clear cut off and purple flicker that I was hoping for there's nothing wrong with my headlights everything is perfectly new and clear so has anyone else had this issue or know what to do to get it to work better? I still see a slight purple line on the garage 25 feet away but it's not pronounced and it doesn't look that great.

*pictures coming soon*
Old 12-27-2016, 05:38 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 8,584 Likes on 6,630 Posts
Try bulb spacers
Old 12-27-2016, 06:35 PM

Received 1,020 Likes on 792 Posts
you dont have to space the lens itself.. you can space the lends holder.. as long as the lens is pushed forward away from the bulb you get the same results.. try putting spacers between the lends holder and the reflector shroud