Blue tooh/handfree link issue

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2009, 08:05 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blue tooh/handfree link issue

Hey guys,

The handsfree bluetooth was working fine. However today when I jumped in the car, the navigation wouldnt work becuase it thinks its already in a phone call. I was not on the phone.

I couldn not hit the phone button and have it bring up the menu either.

any thoughts? I cant bring it into the dealership until monday.

Thanks,

Jason
Old 11-21-2009, 10:06 PM
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
You could try getting the system into diagnostic mode. To do that start the car and after the system boots up, press and hold the "map/guide" , "menu" & "cancel" buttons for about 3 seconds. That will bring up a screen that will allow you to perform a self diagnostic or you can choose to select an individual section to check status.

Does the phone show being connected to the the cars HFL? If it does can you try to disconnect HFL on the phone? If that release the connection, you can always re-connect if it's still paired. Do you only have one phone paired or others? If more than one, will it let you switch to another phone?

If all that fails, I would try disconnecting the battery and letting it sit about 30 minutes then reconnect. Before trying this make sure to have your Radio & Navi codes otherwise you won't be able to unlock them after re-connecting the battery.

Hope that helps , but if it doesn't it's a probably a trip to the dealer.

Good luck!

Stuart
Old 11-22-2009, 07:56 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I had the same thing happened to me yesterday! I have a Blackberry 8230 World Edition. A phone call came in and it seemed the system got jumbled up. Even thoguh the phone was not in use, when I use the HFL, it keeps telling me the phone was in use. I was in a rush so I didn't pull over and stopped the car and restart it hoping to reboot the HFL.

When I looked at the phone it had a Javascript error. So I turned off the phone and turned it back one. Same results - phone in use. Then I did a cold boot of the phone by taking out the battery and give it a few seconds before putting it back in.

Once the phone rebooted it was back to normal. All the signs point to the phone giving out the false signal that it was busy. The system has been working for over a day now so I am 99.99% sure it's not the HFL.

NOTE: I don't have the Tech model but I think the underlying system is the same given that you have a screen display.
Old 11-22-2009, 09:52 AM
Advanced

I had the same thing -- and I now know what makes it happen (for me at least). I have a Sprint Samsung M520 phone. If I watch the streaming T.V. on the phone (while parked) it tries to hook-up the bluetooth for the audio, fails, and then locks the car into permanent phone-call mode. Even after the car is stopped and re-started. A power-off and back on of the phone always corrects the problem.
Old 11-22-2009, 07:16 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by Kingmeow
I had the same thing happened to me yesterday! I have a Blackberry 8230 World Edition. A phone call came in and it seemed the system got jumbled up. Even thoguh the phone was not in use, when I use the HFL, it keeps telling me the phone was in use. I was in a rush so I didn't pull over and stopped the car and restart it hoping to reboot the HFL.

When I looked at the phone it had a Javascript error. So I turned off the phone and turned it back one. Same results - phone in use. Then I did a cold boot of the phone by taking out the battery and give it a few seconds before putting it back in.

Once the phone rebooted it was back to normal. All the signs point to the phone giving out the false signal that it was busy. The system has been working for over a day now so I am 99.99% sure it's not the HFL.

NOTE: I don't have the Tech model but I think the underlying system is the same given that you have a screen display.
I have the exact same phone. I will give this a try tonight, and try it out. Thanks for all the responses....