Acura TL 2009 Tech Pkg Software Options.

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2014, 11:17 AM
10th Gear

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Question Acura TL 2009 Tech Pkg Software Options.

Hello, I just picked up a 2009 TL SH-AWD, reading a bunch of the posts here, it seems some people pay for the map upgrades, some have luck with copied versions.

I also understand in some versions, the DVD Upgrades are tied to a VIN number, making them not available for reuse in other vehicles or via download.

I also understand that only the 2012+ TL have the bluetooth song title/artist show up, because of the Bluetooth profiles, wondering if this has been changed with the latest firmware versions, or does it require hardware changes?

I'm less concerned about the map updates, although they would be nice, but I'm more interested in finding a way to get bluetooth song titles to show up.

Below is the link to software versions as listed on my car's info screen.

P.S. - Has anyone modded the whole navigation system and install something like the Android CAR edition?

Old 11-26-2014, 03:08 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 91 Likes on 80 Posts
As far as I know, no one's modded the nav system.

I would also be interested in seeing if the bluetooth profiling could be done as well since I have an 09. As far as I know, upgrading the maps will also upgrade the software on the unit but I don't know what changes.
Old 11-26-2014, 07:55 AM
Racer

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by Shemploo
Hello, I just picked up a 2009 TL SH-AWD, reading a bunch of the posts here, it seems some people pay for the map upgrades, some have luck with copied versions.

I also understand in some versions, the DVD Upgrades are tied to a VIN number, making them not available for reuse in other vehicles or via download.

I also understand that only the 2012+ TL have the bluetooth song title/artist show up, because of the Bluetooth profiles, wondering if this has been changed with the latest firmware versions, or does it require hardware changes?

I'm less concerned about the map updates, although they would be nice, but I'm more interested in finding a way to get bluetooth song titles to show up.

Below is the link to software versions as listed on my car's info screen.

P.S. - Has anyone modded the whole navigation system and install something like the Android CAR edition?

how do you get to this screen!?!?!
Old 11-26-2014, 06:13 PM
10th Gear

It's somewhere under the info/menu > basic settings > software information, I can't remember off the top of my head, but I'll check next time I go out to the car and repost.
The following users liked this post:
liquidneon (12-02-2014)
Old 01-22-2015, 01:48 PM
CBP UA9 6MT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am interested in this as well. I am curious if the HFL unit controls that or if the nav system itself needs to have that data updated as well. If its the unit then this is an easy fix I would think as the HFL unit for 2012+ is actually cheaper than 2010s. I am wondering now if we can just use the HDD out of a 2012 in a 2010 system along with newer HFL. It would be about 800 dollar swap but I too really like to see song titles as well.
Old 05-28-2015, 06:06 AM
10th Gear

I somewhat got a workaround for this, using an app called Botifier for Android, when it detects Bluetooth connection it will push notification text to speech to the attached speaker (car speakers), so when spotify moves on to the next song it pushes out a notification to the phone's status bar of the song title, and then Bluetooth reads the artist and song title out loud.

It's not always working 100% of the time but it's what I got going thus far.
Old 06-23-2015, 02:51 PM
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 tl navi

I did a upgrade for my navi now its worse that before I did it.anyone know how to correct it!! bad directions says to go west when you need to go east, etc.