What's with all the hate?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2014, 01:05 AM
09 TL SH AWD /w TECH

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
What's with all the hate?

Hey my fellow 4th gens,

(Sorry if this thread has been made before I don't want to revive an old thread)

What's with all the hate from the reviewers / other people?

All my friends say they love the look of the Acura TL yet there are so many harsh critics.

I personally test drove a lot of cars before buying my SH-AWD 2009 white on umber. Cars tested were G35 coupe, G37 coupe, G37x sedan, audi a5, bmw 335i, Mercedes c350 and more.

I just loved the styling on the TL. I loved the interior even more. How comfortable the seats are, how great the steering wheel feels and not to mention the ELS sound system. The cars steering wheel feels very responsive and when turning the steering wheel the car moves how it should when turning the steering wheel.

Comparable features on other cars made them almost 10 grand or more with the same kilometers on the car closest was the g37x but the seats were not as comfortable and I didn't like how aggressive the exhaust was compared to the TL.

Anyone else have friends who like the TL or have friends who hate it?

Don't get these nasty reviews personally and I have driven a bunch of cars. The Audi s4 compares to this car but I can't agree with spending that much.

Comments appreciated good or bad.
The following users liked this post:
Reorge (01-20-2014)
Old 01-20-2014, 01:57 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 164 Likes on 115 Posts
The cars design is ahead of its time. Not saying that it doesnt look good because to me it does. But it just doesnt cater to the taste of the masses. Heck I even got a zdx. Another hated car by many and loved by a few. At the end the day, its my opinion that counted. My money, my rules. Fuck what everyone else thinks.
The following 4 users liked this post by mondster:
a35tl (01-20-2014), BlueAc (01-20-2014), mightl (01-20-2014), ressling (01-22-2014)
Old 01-20-2014, 05:15 AM
Drifting

Received 673 Likes on 542 Posts
The 4G represented a radical design away from the loved 3G,many people disliked that and the front grille and as such wrote the car off.

I remembered when the 3G came out,i had visited an Acura dealership and i said to myself "what a beautiful car",on the contrary when i first saw the 4G i thought "what the hell have they done to the car",that said ,a year later i visited the dealership and took a good look at the car,including taking it for an extended test drive.

It was at that time i actually started to appreciate all the car had to offer and the fact that it looked unlike everything thing else on the road,in other words a unique car in its own right.I went on to purchase it and with some mods have made it uniquely mine.To date no one has told me that they don't like my car and it has its fair share of admirer's wherever it take it.

I still like the fact that i don't see a lot of them on the road.At the end of the day people are entitled to their opinions and they reflect that in the choices they make.Vehicles is just one aspect of that and i can respect that.

Last edited by KarKraze; 01-20-2014 at 05:17 AM.
The following 4 users liked this post by KarKraze:
a35tl (01-20-2014), dwest1023 (01-21-2014), FoxTL (01-20-2014), mightl (01-20-2014)
Old 01-20-2014, 08:19 AM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
any design that deviates from what ppl accept as normal often gets this treatment. I held onto my 3G for years because I just couldn't get over the looks of the 4G. Over the years the 4G grew on me and I just purchased a 14 TL Tech even though I knew there would be a redesign this year. I couldn't be happier and I get compliments on the car all the time, what a difference a few years makes...
Old 01-20-2014, 08:32 AM
C8N
Burning Brakes

Received 134 Likes on 109 Posts
I am also a former 3G owner, a 2004 base.
When I first saw the 4G, I couldn't tell which was the front and which was the back. I said to myself back then that I would not be caught dead owning that car. Well... fast forward a few years and I bought one and had to eat my words.

More I drive the 4G, the more I love it. The 4G styling is an acquired taste in my opinion and it is either you love it or you hate it.

It's like the very first time you had a sip of a very fine single malt scotch when you were 17.... I mean 21. It didn't go down very well back then but now, it's smooooooooth!
The following 2 users liked this post by C8N:
Acura_Dude (01-20-2014), JT4 (01-20-2014)
Old 01-20-2014, 09:04 AM
JT4
CTSV,TL, Audi Q7 & A5SB

Received 599 Likes on 454 Posts
Here is what I don’t get.. Forget about the “professional” car reviewers, magazines etc…What gets me is the people on AZ who continually bash the 4G.

Yes everyone is entitled to their opinion but I mean seriously, it’s been out since 2009, the beak has been gone since April 2011 (2012 TL went on sale April/May 2011) and the 5G TLX is about to go into production.

Even when the 2012 came out people still carried on about the 2009-2011 beak. Last week when the TLX was shown (FINALLY) people still went back to bash the 09-11 beak. We get it most people don't like the original beak..

What's sad is that a lot of people missed out on a really great car because of a beak that could easily and inexpensively be modified (painted) as many people here have done.

I’m sure these same people will say that they didn’t want to go through the trouble of having the beak painted and I can appreciate that. So move on already because Acura did 3 years ago when they showed the 2012 TL at the 2011 Chicago auto show.
The following 3 users liked this post by JT4:
a35tl (01-20-2014), Acura_Dude (01-20-2014), troyhonda (01-23-2014)
Old 01-20-2014, 09:32 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 383 Likes on 239 Posts
Originally Posted by JT4
Here is what I don’t get.. Forget about the “professional” car reviewers, magazines etc…What gets me is the people on AZ who continually bash the 4G.

Yes everyone is entitled to their opinion but I mean seriously, it’s been out since 2009, the beak has been gone since April 2011 (2012 TL went on sale April/May 2011) and the 5G TLX is about to go into production.

Even when the 2012 came out people still carried on about the 2009-2011 beak. Last week when the TLX was shown (FINALLY) people still went back to bash the 09-11 beak. We get it most people don't like the original beak..

What's sad is that a lot of people missed out on a really great car because of a beak that could easily and inexpensively be modified (painted) as many people here have done.

I’m sure these same people will say that they didn’t want to go through the trouble of having the beak painted and I can appreciate that. So move on already because Acura did 3 years ago when they showed the 2012 TL at the 2011 Chicago auto show.
Well said JT4! Could not agree with you more. I love my '12 TL Advance. I think that lots of people truly have missed the 4G TL experience because of the controversial styling. When it first came out, I wasn't a huge fan but I think it has aged very well and I love the look of it now.
JT4 (01-20-2014)
Old 01-20-2014, 10:34 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 105 Likes on 74 Posts
Originally Posted by JasonK
Hey my fellow 4th gens,

(Sorry if this thread has been made before I don't want to revive an old thread)

What's with all the hate from the reviewers / other people?

All my friends say they love the look of the Acura TL yet there are so many harsh critics.Comments appreciated good or bad.

I think your friends say they love the look of the Acura TL it is like when your wife asks you if you like her new haircut. It could be a reverse Mohawk and even if she says she hates it, you better say it looks great.
Old 01-20-2014, 11:44 AM
JT4
CTSV,TL, Audi Q7 & A5SB

Originally Posted by a32tl
Well said JT4! Could not agree with you more. I love my '12 TL Advance. I think that lots of people truly have missed the 4G TL experience because of the controversial styling. When it first came out, I wasn't a huge fan but I think it has aged very well and I love the look of it now.
I agree, I also think it has aged well, but I know we're in the minority on this one..

And as someone else posted I also like the fact it doesn't look like every other sedan. It's unique.
Old 01-20-2014, 12:04 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 133 Likes on 108 Posts
I'm going to go out on a limb here and ask, OP...do you by chance carry a BlackBerry? I only ask because the Crackberry site is the only other place on the internet machine where I've ever seen a "Why the hate" thread. There's generally a new one there every week or two.
Old 01-20-2014, 12:08 PM
Racer

Received 74 Likes on 35 Posts
I noticed most photos of 4G TLs on the internet are taken improperly by amateurs using point and shoot cameras with wide angle focal length lenses. With the car's prominent "beak" and rear design... using the improper focal length makes the car looks awful. See link below on what this does to a model's face and know it also applies to automotive photography.

http://www.personal-view.com/talks/d...n-portraits/p1

I think these improperly taken photos were most people's first impressions with the 4G TL. First impressions count and I think people were immediately repulsed by the design. Acura's official press photos of the car were poorly done also. I for one, saw this car first hand on the road before seeing it anywhere else... and could not take my eyes off it. It was very progressive, futuristic and looked pissed off as hell. The car looks 10x better in person imho and will continue to look better as everyone else catches up in design.
Old 01-20-2014, 12:44 PM
Keeping TL until 2029

Received 126 Likes on 109 Posts
If you try to google TL concept, it doesn't exist. Personally, they really pushed hard on the design and I suspect if they had a concept out, the market would have seen it earlier and there *may* have been less of an uproar. Check out this MDX concept from 2007 as an example.

http://www.caranddriver.com/news/200...ept-auto-shows

Most car reviewers will always talk about the front of the car, you want ugly, google "Subaru Tribeca".

Personally, because I own a 4G with an aero kit, it just looks mean like a transformer. I can see why the toned down the look in 2012. Acura needs to sell cars and the design of the car must appeal to the majority of drivers.

What I am hoping for in the TLX appeals to the masses and they sell lots of them. If Acura makes a lot of money, then they can make other variants (S-type etc) for the enthusiasts at AZ.

I hope they keep that side mirror, to me, it's the coolest part of the car. If they can stuff a super high horse power engine, they can keep it plain looking so it doesn't attract the cops.
Old 01-20-2014, 03:10 PM
CLS 6MT Navi

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
If you look at the new Q50 and the Lexus styling now, the 09TL could be seen as an innovator, like it or not. I think the 4G TL will not get dated as fast as some of the other just out, overly dramatic styles...
Nabooly (01-21-2014)
Old 01-20-2014, 03:46 PM
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts
The 09 TL turned me off when it came out. I ended up buying a 12 and I like the way it looks. I don't hate the new face of the Acura shield, but I think it was overdone in 09. Especially when Acura chromed them. I really dislike chrome on cars.

Looks are 100% subjective. I liked the ZDX. Tons of people hate it. I liked the original Scion XB. I know that was love it/hate it too. I wouldn't concern myself too much with what other people think. It's your car. If you love it, that's what matters.
JT4 (01-21-2014)
Old 01-20-2014, 04:49 PM
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
I am not a fan of the beak on the 09-11, but I was willing to look past it because of how wonderful the car is. I love how the car handles, I love the rest of the dramatic styling, and I love the interior. I test drove cars for about a year before buying my TL and I still very glad I did. While other looked better, the TL had the most of what I wanted at the best price. I do like the 12+ beak design much better, but I am not willing to waste the money trading up until I cross the 200K mile mark.
Old 01-20-2014, 04:50 PM
09 TL SH AWD /w TECH

Originally Posted by sockpuppet
I'm going to go out on a limb here and ask, OP...do you by chance carry a BlackBerry? I only ask because the Crackberry site is the only other place on the internet machine where I've ever seen a "Why the hate" thread. There's generally a new one there every week or two.
Nah just new around here and didn't want to revive an old thread and I have an iphone 4 that's slowed by the IOS 7 from apple now. Getting that Samsung S5 when it comes out.
Old 01-20-2014, 04:54 PM
09 TL SH AWD /w TECH

Originally Posted by KarKraze
The 4G represented a radical design away from the loved 3G,many people disliked that and the front grille and as such wrote the car off.

I remembered when the 3G came out,i had visited an Acura dealership and i said to myself "what a beautiful car",on the contrary when i first saw the 4G i thought "what the hell have they done to the car",that said ,a year later i visited the dealership and took a good look at the car,including taking it for an extended test drive.

It was at that time i actually started to appreciate all the car had to offer and the fact that it looked unlike everything thing else on the road,in other words a unique car in its own right.I went on to purchase it and with some mods have made it uniquely mine.To date no one has told me that they don't like my car and it has its fair share of admirer's wherever it take it.

I still like the fact that i don't see a lot of them on the road.At the end of the day people are entitled to their opinions and they reflect that in the choices they make.Vehicles is just one aspect of that and i can respect that.
I agree compared to many other cars I don't see a lot of TL's, but when I do I just can't help but stare haha can't wait to pick mine up this week on wednesday
Old 01-20-2014, 06:07 PM
Drifting

I agree compared to many other cars I don't see a lot of TL's, but when I do I just can't help but stare haha can't wait to pick mine up this week on wednesday

Hmm, just noticed that you are from Ontario,welcome to Acurazine,enjoy your new car and the mods you have planned.

I think that many over look the fact that people who purchase these Tl's could have purchased any other vehicle in the same segment but choose this specific car for reasons important to them, that my friend is all the justification that you need.

Last edited by KarKraze; 01-20-2014 at 06:12 PM.
Old 01-20-2014, 06:52 PM
Safety Car

Received 766 Likes on 551 Posts
Originally Posted by mynameisjacob
I noticed most photos of 4G TLs on the internet are taken improperly by amateurs using point and shoot cameras with wide angle focal length lenses. With the car's prominent "beak" and rear design... using the improper focal length makes the car looks awful. See link below on what this does to a model's face and know it also applies to automotive photography.

http://www.personal-view.com/talks/d...n-portraits/p1

I think these improperly taken photos were most people's first impressions with the 4G TL. First impressions count and I think people were immediately repulsed by the design. Acura's official press photos of the car were poorly done also. I for one, saw this car first hand on the road before seeing it anywhere else... and could not take my eyes off it. It was very progressive, futuristic and looked pissed off as hell. The car looks 10x better in person imho and will continue to look better as everyone else catches up in design.
I agree that proper photo equipment and editing can play a huge role in how something looks, but to sit there and try to justify why the 09-11 front grill looks hideous because of "amateur" photographers is ridiculous.

A good looking car will look good no matter what kind of camera takes the picture. Now if you're saying proper equipment needs to be had in order for the 09-11 front grill to look good than its pretty damn obvious that its ugly.

A pretty girl can look good without makeup. A ugly girl only looks good with makeup.

Beauty is within the eye of the beholder, so it only makes sense for a 09-11 TL owner to try and justify the hideous big beak grill.
Old 01-20-2014, 07:03 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 123 Likes on 100 Posts
I love the fact you can make it look so good with a little trim paint and a set of wheels. Waiting for spring to install some tein SA's and enjoy it for another 100k miles. I've recently seen a few tastefully modded, they look great on the road. Add in reliability and a very nice interior/tech and it is a great car to me.
Old 01-20-2014, 07:06 PM
Burning Brakes

ZDX looks great IMO. Guy at my office has a silver moon that blends in the grille perfectly. Great looking car and obv the interior is on point as well. Wish it had a bit more storage
Old 01-20-2014, 09:38 PM
09 TL SH AWD /w TECH

Hmm, just noticed that you are from Ontario,welcome to Acurazine,enjoy your new car and the mods you have planned.

I think that many over look the fact that people who purchase these Tl's could have purchased any other vehicle in the same segment but choose this specific car for reasons important to them, that my friend is all the justification that you need.
Yeah man where abouts you from? I'm in Georgetown right next to Milton.
Old 01-20-2014, 09:46 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,267 Likes on 864 Posts
JAson....I am not sure why the hate for the 4G either. I have a friend who hated the 2006 TSX when it came out, 2 years later he bought one. When he saw my 2012 TL, he hated it, now he is thinking of getting one. Acura is great at doing designs that age quite well and I think many will view the 4G as one of those as well. I saw one on the highway today and it just looked stunning. I agree the grill on the 2009-2011 may have offended some but even I didnèt mind it that much...I really like the 2012+ model and the TLX.

I saw the Q50 in the flesh for the first time today and I didnèt like the exterior but I enjoyed the interior though.
Old 01-20-2014, 10:37 PM
09 TL SH AWD /w TECH

Originally Posted by weather
JAson....I am not sure why the hate for the 4G either. I have a friend who hated the 2006 TSX when it came out, 2 years later he bought one. When he saw my 2012 TL, he hated it, now he is thinking of getting one. Acura is great at doing designs that age quite well and I think many will view the 4G as one of those as well. I saw one on the highway today and it just looked stunning. I agree the grill on the 2009-2011 may have offended some but even I didnèt mind it that much...I really like the 2012+ model and the TLX.

I saw the Q50 in the flesh for the first time today and I didnèt like the exterior but I enjoyed the interior though.
Honestly I thought the TL looked sick from 3rd gen to 4th gen. Car just reminds me of the Avengers now for some reason lol.

But yeah I don't have a single friends who is a TL hater. They seem to all like the car.
Old 01-20-2014, 11:19 PM
Racer

Received 74 Likes on 35 Posts
Originally Posted by vietxquangstah
I agree that proper photo equipment and editing can play a huge role in how something looks, but to sit there and try to justify why the 09-11 front grill looks hideous because of "amateur" photographers is ridiculous.

A good looking car will look good no matter what kind of camera takes the picture. Now if you're saying proper equipment needs to be had in order for the 09-11 front grill to look good than its pretty damn obvious that its ugly.

A pretty girl can look good without makeup. A ugly girl only looks good with makeup.

Beauty is within the eye of the beholder, so it only makes sense for a 09-11 TL owner to try and justify the hideous big beak grill.

It's not editing... nor is it the right kind of camera, equipment or "make up". What I'm talking about is the basic principle of focal length and distortion... that's all. See the attached photos.

You should take time and try to understand other people's ideas before dismissing them as being ridiculous. A lot of insights to be had...
Attached Thumbnails What's with all the hate?-1.jpg   What's with all the hate?-2.jpg  

Last edited by mynameisjacob; 01-20-2014 at 11:22 PM.
JasonK (01-20-2014)
Old 01-20-2014, 11:34 PM
Safety Car

I see your point now. They both still have the big ugly beak grill.
Old 01-21-2014, 06:40 AM
Drifting

Received 416 Likes on 365 Posts
As a former 09' owner I really dislike the 09-11' stock grille as well. When I 1st saw the 4G in late 08' I loved the exterior look as a whole because of how unique and aggressive it looked, especially compared to my 04 TL. IMO my 04' was attractive but blended in too much, kinda like a male storefront mannequin, the proportions are right, but the physique isn't going to draw attention like an amateur BB's would. That said I bought mine before I joined Acurazine and before I saw any nicely modded, so the only option for me was Palladium which the grille looked best on.

After joining Acurazine and seeing all the easy & relatively inexpensive mods to the one weak point, I think anyone (particularly or AZ'ers) who doesn't buy it due to grille is ridiculous. But hey we can't all be Michelangelo's, somebody has to be dull in order for others to be interesting. Though I think it's a huge shortcoming on Acura's part that they didn't release the 09' w/ a color matched or 12' grille or RJ style grille from the factory.

Once a 4G is tastefully modded the road presence is WAY above it's price tag.
JT4 (01-21-2014)
Old 01-21-2014, 06:59 AM
JT4
CTSV,TL, Audi Q7 & A5SB

Originally Posted by i64X
The 09 TL turned me off when it came out. I ended up buying a 12 and I like the way it looks. I don't hate the new face of the Acura shield, but I think it was overdone in 09. Especially when Acura chromed them. I really dislike chrome on cars.

Looks are 100% subjective. I liked the ZDX. Tons of people hate it. I liked the original Scion XB. I know that was love it/hate it too. I wouldn't concern myself too much with what other people think. It's your car. If you love it, that's what matters.

Although I like the look of the 09-11 I also thought it was over done when I first saw it but it eventually grew on me and I appreciate it's "in your face" distinctiveness.

There is no denying that the 2012+ TL's front is much cleaner and appeals to more people.

Years ago I barely saw any 09-11 TL's on the road, since they introduced the 2012 I have seen a lot more TL's on the road. I'm not talking Accord numbers LOL, I have just seen more.

IMO if they would have introduced the 2009 with the front end of the 2012, there would have never been as much hate towards the TL, and Acura would have sold a lot more..
Old 01-21-2014, 09:57 AM
Banned

Received 198 Likes on 147 Posts
My TL (a stock 2010 SH-AWD 6MT black) still get the occasional compliment after more than 3 years.

Never been around someone that did not like it and there are many TL around here in Seattle.

When it first came out I loved it immediately, a breakthrough design with some inspiration from the new Cadillacs (the pointed ends, front and back for example)

I personally prefer the original 09-11 more, I thing the 12 restyling has been toned down too much making it a bit blander and the look more "confused", trying to appeal to "traditionalists" and retain part of the original edgy personality.

Some early reviews of the car styling were very positive...for example this one from C&D before they "changed their mind"

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...-awd-road-test

I think the car aged very well...because is so distinctive it does not look dated at all.
Old 01-21-2014, 11:56 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
Originally Posted by mynameisjacob
It's not editing... nor is it the right kind of camera, equipment or "make up". What I'm talking about is the basic principle of focal length and distortion... that's all. See the attached photos.

You should take time and try to understand other people's ideas before dismissing them as being ridiculous. A lot of insights to be had...
And neither of those pics help your cause, IMO, its still a hideous beak. No angle or perspective shot or focal length and distortion will help that. The 12 looks much better but Acura could have done a far better job designing/incorporating the grille

The car has been out long enough where people have seen them in person and have made up their own decision that they either like or dislike it. We are glad you like it, but no matter what you say or try to explain isnt going to change the minds of those that dont like it.
vietxquangstah (01-21-2014)
Old 01-21-2014, 12:04 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by fsttyms1
And neither of those pics help your cause, IMO, its still a hideous beak. No angle or perspective shot or focal length and distortion will help that. The 12 looks much better but Acura could have done a far better job designing/incorporating the grille

The car has been out long enough where people have seen them in person and have made up their own decision that they either like or dislike it. We are glad you like it, but no matter what you say or try to explain isnt going to change the minds of those that dont like it.
quoted for truth
Old 01-21-2014, 12:30 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 90 Likes on 75 Posts

I had the SAME experience. I HATED the 4G. One day my salesman insisted I take one for a test drive. Next thing I know, I was signing the papers. Of course I had the front and rear painted to match the car. I Love the 4g and its nice I don't see many, and NONE as nice as mine. The aero package or whatever you call it, just transforms the car. I gotta tell you, I will NOT need any prodding for the 5G.
Old 01-21-2014, 01:27 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by saturno_v
My TL (a stock 2010 SH-AWD 6MT black) still get the occasional compliment after more than 3 years.

Never been around someone that did not like it and there are many TL around here in Seattle.

When it first came out I loved it immediately, a breakthrough design with some inspiration from the new Cadillacs (the pointed ends, front and back for example)

I personally prefer the original 09-11 more, I thing the 12 restyling has been toned down too much making it a bit blander and the look more "confused", trying to appeal to "traditionalists" and retain part of the original edgy personality.

Some early reviews of the car styling were very positive...for example this one from C&D before they "changed their mind"

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...-awd-road-test

I think the car aged very well...because is so distinctive it does not look dated at all.
rear on the 09-11 is a little better IMO, front of the 12+ with the grille is better... Color matched 09-11 looks good to me...

Its not perfect, but its such an all around car... I think the TLX is going to be a huge hit if it is priced right.

Q50 looked better in pictures than on the road... I think it has a little too much hyundai-esque styling, but has a very nice interior and I'm sure beyond the electro-quirks its a very easy car to live with.
Old 01-21-2014, 01:33 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by fsttyms1

I had the dealer paint the beak in conjunction with buying it. After putting on HeartTL's wheels I brought it to a summer resort and had a G37 owner and a maxima owner come up to me and say how nice it looked and how they should have gone with a TL over their choices...

Its definitely a 'fixer upper' kind of car, which is why so many people on this website are floored with the type of transformations they see these enthusiasts do. From the unpainted grill and boomerang, to the giant wheel well gaps, you compare it to say an audi or BMW that comes from the factory pretty tight in all those places.
Old 01-21-2014, 01:35 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
Originally Posted by Booya4139
I had the dealer paint the beak in conjunction with buying it. After putting on HeartTL's wheels I brought it to a summer resort and had a G37 owner and a maxima owner come up to me and say how nice it looked and how they should have gone with a TL over their choices...

Its definitely a 'fixer upper' kind of car, which is why so many people on this website are floored with the type of transformations they see these enthusiasts do. From the unpainted grill and boomerang, to the giant wheel well gaps, you compare it to say an audi or BMW that comes from the factory pretty tight in all those places.
I agree, its a great looking car when modded properly, problem is is should have been a great looking car to begin with allowing it to be when modded.
Old 01-21-2014, 02:05 PM
Drifting

Received 416 Likes on 365 Posts
^^

I Wholeheartedly agree. I don't follow your posts so I'm unsure if you mod your vehicles or not but the 4G isn't an Aztec, there's a remedy. I wouldn't turn down an otherwise 10 because her ears are strange, I'd have them pinned back hahaha.

Edit: wait wait wait, you don't think it's drool worthy when modded? Have you seen FYAH, Djtaneever, Eazy, Andychuloski, BuddyTL, etc, just to name a few? FYAH's car is ridiculous, beyond ridiculous, it makes you hate your car, because his is so bad.

Last edited by HeartTLs; 01-21-2014 at 02:08 PM.
Old 01-21-2014, 04:29 PM
Drifting

Yeah man where abouts you from? I'm in Georgetown right next to Milton.

I am in Peel Region. I know the Georgetown area a bit.
Old 01-21-2014, 08:00 PM
09 TL SH AWD /w TECH

I am in Peel Region. I know the Georgetown area a bit.
Ah ok I know Peel quite well too.
Old 01-21-2014, 08:34 PM
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Thumbs up

My sentiments exactly! Very well said!
Old 01-21-2014, 08:45 PM
6G TLX-S

Received 1,159 Likes on 829 Posts
This is a very simple answer with the OP's original question.

Acura went overboard with the styling design by giving the '09-'11 TL a hideous-looking "Power Plenum" front grille, and, as a result, put off a majority of premium sport sedan buyers (including myself).

There is no hatred here, just dislike.
The following 3 users liked this post by Edward'TLS:
BEAR-AvHistory (01-21-2014), fsttyms1 (01-22-2014), holografique (01-31-2014)

Quick Reply: What's with all the hate?