What should I do at this point.

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2013, 11:53 PM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry What should I do at this point.

I owned parking tickets and i pay them usually as soon as i get them. i have three cars and i let one of my friends use one of my cars and he got a few tickets but never told me. after i get a letter in the mail i asked him and he told me that he would take care of it but long story short he never did cuz he fought. the Marshall came and towed my '12 TL AWD 6MT from the drive way. after paying to get it out i ask them how they towed it and he says a flat bed if its AWD. i walked around the TL and i found my front right rim with a deep Scratch and they gave me a hard time about how it got there. im thinking that my TL was towed as if its a FWD car. Still looking for more damage thinking of taking it to the dealer to check the transmission. i think its best to take it to the dealer soon but im not sure where else i should look for damage. does any one know how i can check to see if my transmission was damaged or where else i should look for damage on my '12 TL AWD 6MT????
Old 03-11-2013, 01:22 AM
אני עומד עם ישראל

Received 810 Likes on 522 Posts
They probably dollied it. Drive your car see if anything is funny. Or pay the dealer for an inspection where the tech racks the car and stares at while eating lunch for an hour.

I wouldn't worry about it TBH. Cars get towed all the time, AWD, RWD, FWD, etc.
Old 03-11-2013, 01:24 AM

Received 1,021 Likes on 793 Posts
drive it to the dealer right away, do not put any more miles on it, if you have AAA, tow it to the dealer.. but yea have the dealer do a full check on it. tell them the story.

also you can check who towed your car. the impound should have a record of the towing company or the person/unit that towed it. Ask the impound front desk to get the phone number or person who towed your car and ask them. The dispatch units usually stay with one tow truck and do not switch so you can easily tell if it was flat bedded or towed.
Old 03-11-2013, 07:08 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 93 Likes on 88 Posts
Lesson learned here, never ever lend ur car to no one. Take it to service and have them do an inspection ASAP, also what part of the bronx are u from, ur screen name seems to say ur from the Bronx.
Old 03-11-2013, 09:55 AM
Drifting

Received 416 Likes on 365 Posts
^^

I wouldn't get tickets, and if I did, I'd pay them! That friend is a prick to put it mildly, from what you said it seems like he treated your car like a beater because it's not his.
Old 03-11-2013, 10:49 AM

id be more worried about how he drove the car instead of working about the tow..
Old 03-11-2013, 11:44 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 609 Likes on 493 Posts
Eh-um, they towed your car from your driveway for parking tickets? I'm no expert on East Coast parking violations, but here in Oregon the LEO's are too busy to be tracking down cars at people's homes and pulling/towing them for unpaid parking tickets.

OP, are you giving us the full story, because something doesn't smell right in this thread.
Old 03-11-2013, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by Mr Marco
Eh-um, they towed your car from your driveway for parking tickets? I'm no expert on East Coast parking violations, but here in Oregon the LEO's are too busy to be tracking down cars at people's homes and pulling/towing them for unpaid parking tickets.

OP, are you giving us the full story, because something doesn't smell right in this thread.
have you seen south beach tow, lizard lick towing and repo games before? they tow that shit right out of your driveway!

jk those shows are fake.
Old 03-11-2013, 12:02 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 93 Likes on 88 Posts
Originally Posted by HeartTLs
^^

I wouldn't get tickets, and if I did, I'd pay them! That friend is a prick to put it mildly, from what you said it seems like he treated your car like a beater because it's not his.
LOL, Carlos if u ever need my car let me know. Your most likely the only person ill lend her to, you told me youve tone down your speed racer tendencys so its all good.
Old 03-11-2013, 12:36 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 609 Likes on 493 Posts
Originally Posted by potmilkz
have you seen south beach tow, lizard lick towing and repo games before? they tow that shit right out of your driveway!

jk those shows are fake.
Are you suggesting OP's issue was really repossesion for non-payment?

I didn't say that, but I sure did think it.

OP, next time just leave the keys in the center console.
Old 03-11-2013, 01:03 PM
Drifting

Received 416 Likes on 365 Posts
Marco and Pot you'd be surprised how aggressive the marhals are in NY particularly in the city. They don't keep regular hours, take it if it's not fenced in or garaged off your property (allowed by law) and are extremely quick about it. I think parking tickets are the 2nd large source of income for NYC.
Old 03-11-2013, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by Mr Marco
Are you suggesting OP's issue was really repossesion for non-payment?

I didn't say that, but I sure did think it.

OP, next time just leave the keys in the center console.
ahha instead of saying "oh my car got repossesed for lack of payment, im just going to make up a story and tell everyone i lend my car to a friend, he got a bunch of tickets, and the car was towed for tickets."

in any case.. you should have looked into it.. and made sure he took care of the tickets... after all it is your car..

Originally Posted by HeartTLs
Marco and Pot you'd be surprised how aggressive the marhals are in NY particularly in the city. They don't keep regular hours, take it if it's not fenced in or garaged off your property (allowed by law) and are extremely quick about it. I think parking tickets are the 2nd large source of income for NYC.

true.. i have seen parking wars.. they ware ruthless

Last edited by Steven Bell; 03-17-2013 at 08:51 PM. Reason: Merged Posts
Old 03-11-2013, 03:19 PM
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Check your tires for flat spots. If they did the usual swoop in fast, lift up one end, and drag it a few blocks to get to a "safe" spot to finish putting straps or chains on, they will have torn up 2 of your tires during the drag.
If you parked it with the tranny left in neutral, that would have minimized some of the possible damage to the driveline.

How far was it towed?

Just because you know someone doesn't mean their a friend. I don't loan cars or money to anyone.

Best way to lose a actual friend, loan them some money.

Last edited by Little Gator; 03-11-2013 at 03:23 PM.
The following users liked this post:
TeamAcura (03-11-2013)
Old 03-11-2013, 07:44 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 231 Likes on 207 Posts
Originally Posted by Little Gator
Check your tires for flat spots. If they did the usual swoop in fast, lift up one end, and drag it a few blocks to get to a "safe" spot to finish putting straps or chains on, they will have torn up 2 of your tires during the drag.
If you parked it with the tranny left in neutral, that would have minimized some of the possible damage to the driveline.

How far was it towed?

Just because you know someone doesn't mean their a friend. I don't loan cars or money to anyone.

Best way to lose a actual friend, loan them some money.
Great advice all around here!
Old 03-15-2013, 11:32 PM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks for the feedback, thou some were helpful and others were not. i took it to the dealer and told them the situation so they know what to look for when they checked it out. they got their top mechanic to take a look and found nothing out of the ordinary. this brought me peace of mind to know that this unfortunate incident didn't damage my vehicle in any way, shape, or form.

potmilkz & mr marco - no repossession was not the case. i stated the facts above and i feel like some comments were unnecessary that was left above. i came here to find or be steered in the right direction, not to be called a lier and talked about. so if you don't have anything informative to say that would help me out then i would appreciate it if you just didn't post anything at all.
Old 03-16-2013, 07:32 AM
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by BRONXKING
..............this unfortunate incident didn't damage my vehicle in any way, shape, or form.
...except for the deep scratch on the rim.
You won't know the cause of that, .........unless your "friend" says something.