What other TL forums do you visit?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 07:37 AM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What other TL forums do you visit?

I'm looking for a forum that isn't so focused on vendors selling to members. Somewhere that encourages different opinions and discussion rather than protecting profits.
The following users liked this post:
Pseudomaniac (07-26-2011)
Old 07-26-2011, 07:52 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,092 Likes on 714 Posts
Waah? Mad cuz you had your post(s) deleted? Get over it and man up. The mods posted the rules, you broke them and had a post deleted for which I am glad they did that and deleted the others. There was no reason to attack the vendor that way. If you don't like the product, don't buy it.

Don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya if you are so unhappy here. IMO, there is actually very little sales threads compared to info threads by members.
Old 07-26-2011, 08:03 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 244 Likes on 137 Posts
I've always found the best information and knowledge base here. The vendor links and active participation are a bonus, as they aren't something that is necessarily easy to find on the web at large with all the BS out there. You're always going to have those lurkers though that just chime in when they're trying to sell something. I think XLR8 does a great job of keeping an ear to the community, engaging in conversation, and advertising when appropriate.

It's a shame some people can't take a joke.
Old 07-26-2011, 08:24 AM
The Sicilian

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
Man someone sounds pissed off today?

When I bought my TL, I went to a couple of Acura sites.
A buddy of mine turned me onto Acurazine and this site won out overall for me. Don't think your going to find a better site then this one. Much more interaction on this site then others and you get honest answers and good advice from members on this site.
As for the vendors on this site, your a big boy. Nobody's twisting your arm to buy anything.
You must hate TV commercials!
The following 2 users liked this post by jspagna1:
Shellyduchsk8s (07-26-2011), Stew4HD (07-26-2011)
Old 07-26-2011, 08:33 AM
Banned

Received 84 Likes on 67 Posts
^LOL about the commercials.... I love AZ, its setup best, easiest to navigate etc. Plus the maturity level here (for the most part) is much higher than the other forums I've seen.
The following users liked this post:
Stew4HD (07-26-2011)
Old 07-26-2011, 08:34 AM
Cruisin'

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Prime Mover
I'm looking for a forum that isn't so focused on vendors selling to members. Somewhere that encourages different opinions and discussion rather than protecting profits.
While I don't share your concerns about this site, I also was curious about Acura forums when I bought my new TL a few weeks ago. If you Google "Acura forum" you'll see what else is out there. I did and found 2 or 3 that I checked out. You'll notice that the others appear to have very low participation--the "Last post" date in many of the sub-forums is often days if not weeks old. This site seems to be the most popular from what I could see.
Old 07-26-2011, 08:34 AM

Received 16,263 Likes on 11,973 Posts
simply put, the other acura sites are not as great as this one.

go try acura world lulz.
Old 07-26-2011, 08:59 AM
The Sicilian

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by combat mediC
^LOL about the commercials.... I love AZ, its setup best, easiest to navigate etc. Plus the maturity level here (for the most part) is much higher than the other forums I've seen.
And this statement's coming from an 11 year old?
Old 07-26-2011, 09:38 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Been a member here since 2002, left for awhile now back. A lot have changes and for the good of it too. back then there was no vender or sponsor, modding a 1G CL was a bitch and everybody was experimenting and sharing their finding like it should be. I miss those days.
Old 07-26-2011, 09:52 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 244 Likes on 137 Posts
All those who weren't in the scene 10 years ago don't know what it was like hacking parts off other cars and seeing if they'd fit - or comparing manifolds to see which one flowed better; interior components to see what bolted in, or hunting every day for what Accord goodies might work on the CL/TL.....

I DON'T miss those days....my knuckles sure don't anyway.
Old 07-26-2011, 10:46 AM
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Of all the ones out there I have not found a better one than this one.
The following 3 users liked this post by ncelk:
justnspace (07-26-2011), Mr Marco (07-26-2011), Stew4HD (07-26-2011)
Old 07-26-2011, 11:08 AM
WINNING

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

get outa here
Old 07-26-2011, 05:44 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 609 Likes on 493 Posts
Originally Posted by Stew4HD
Waah? Mad cuz you had your post(s) deleted? Get over it and man up. The mods posted the rules, you broke them and had a post deleted for which I am glad they did that and deleted the others. There was no reason to attack the vendor that way. If you don't like the product, don't buy it.

Don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya if you are so unhappy here. IMO, there is actually very little sales threads compared to info threads by members.
There are a couple mods here who enjoy the power and rule with an ego. That's why I would never make a good moderator, I can't keep my emotions out of the equation.

Originally Posted by ncelk
Of all the ones out there I have not found a better one than this one.
Yep^ The Caddy forums are pretty good. I spend several hours a week there under another name (don't bother searching ggesq). But there really isn't another automotive forum as good as Acurazine.
Old 07-31-2011, 08:04 AM
Grandpa

Received 2,609 Likes on 1,475 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr Marco
There are a couple mods here who enjoy the power and rule with an ego. That's why I would never make a good moderator....
There aren't that many "ideal" moderators anywhere on the Web, to be honest. It's a thankless, dumb thing to be doing and when some unappreciative moron goes off on you for nothing, it's very, very hard not to lose your temper and kill the person.

Not that I know much about that, of course.
Old 07-31-2011, 08:21 AM
Grandpa

Received 2,609 Likes on 1,475 Posts
There are many, many more popular Web sites out there, but there aren't that many where you'll find people who own and have recently purchased modern Acuras, the TL in particular.

I'd just hang out and post as it occurs to you, gradually gathering enough knowledge that you increase your provenance over the years.

Don't worry about temporary setbacks. Just learn the lesson and keep reading and talking.

"Vendors" who will pay to be able to post on forums are a rare breed. Very few small vendors make enough money to be able to do that, and very few of them can remain reliable enough long term that Internet Brands will keep taking their money and not intervene by banning them when they start acting up.

I don't really especially like Internet Brands, but they will not allow a vendor to continue to participate if the vendor can be seen to be ripping people off. If a bunch of moderators go to the owners and say they don't want a vendor around...then that vendor disappears.

That doesn't mean that a small vendor won't eventually go broke and start ripping people off, but you have to sort of leave that to the owners and moderators to decide about, based on what they can read themselves, and in the mean time just gather whatever information they're willing to share with you and learn from them.

Vendors who'll pay for a presence on a forum are going to be generally well protected until there is evidence they're not treating people correctly.

Things have changed so much over the past ten years. Most of a site's money comes from Ad Words managed by Google, and from automatic insertion of banners and side-bars through various management schemes.

A company that'll pay for the privilege of participating in a forum is very rare these days.
Old 08-06-2011, 12:38 AM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
Wow, I've been out of the country on holiday for a week. So I'm just seeing this thread.

Prime, sorry you feel like Acurazine isn't fulfilling your expectations as an enthusiast forum. If it weren't for some of the vendors here on Acurazine, I personally wouldn't have gained the knowledge needed to modify my TL. Obviously, the opinions of other members are incredibly helpful too. I might also suggest you visit the Black Market, where members can sell to other members.

We're bombarded by advertising almost every minute of every day-some of it is subliminal, others are blatant. It's easy to steer clear of all that on a site like Acurazine. Vendors are clearly marked-you can avoid their posts, comments and thread by simply not reading them.

If you have an issue about a thread, vendor, member or even a Moderator, please feel free to send me a Personal Message. I would be happy to discuss anything with you offline. But not airing out "dirty laundry" here in public.

As a Moderator here, I'm happy to help you, and let you voice your opinions and concerns about Acurazine.

To me, the entire crux of this website is the encouragement of thoughts, opinions and the exchange of knowledge. I honestly don't see where the vendors get in the way of that.

I gave a lot of thought to closing this thread-the thread seemed wrong for so many reasons. I've decided to leave it open-for the time being, as to allow others to voice their opinion and give their input.

Cheers!

Last edited by Steven Bell; 08-06-2011 at 08:07 AM.
Old 08-06-2011, 07:11 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 90 Likes on 75 Posts
I agree, Acurazine is the BEST ACURA site. Miata.net is the best Ive ever come across. So to the the OP buy a Miata and head over there
Old 08-06-2011, 09:10 AM
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This is a good forum. Unfortunately traffic is much lower than the Porsche forum I frequent (6speedonline)
Old 08-06-2011, 09:44 AM
Drifting

Received 218 Likes on 174 Posts
I never really noticed a focus on vendors selling to members as much as members sharing excitement and knowledge. I have been a member here for sometime and have found it most helpful in my buying decisions (2005 TL, 2006 RL and my current 2012 TL), modifications and maintenance. The occasional salesmanship is to be expected and I would assume would be part of any enthusiast forum.
Old 08-11-2011, 10:30 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is the only Acura based model forum I visit.
Old 08-12-2011, 09:27 AM
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Rembrantx
This is the only Acura based model forum I visit.

Same - I've met some cool people, who have helped me w/ my car. What more do you want??
Old 08-12-2011, 04:12 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 609 Likes on 493 Posts
Originally Posted by Steven Bell
Wow, I've been out of the country on holiday for a week. So I'm just seeing this thread.

Prime, sorry you feel like Acurazine isn't fulfilling your expectations as an enthusiast forum. If it weren't for some of the vendors here on Acurazine, I personally wouldn't have gained the knowledge needed to modify my TL. Obviously, the opinions of other members are incredibly helpful too. I might also suggest you visit the Black Market, where members can sell to other members.

We're bombarded by advertising almost every minute of every day-some of it is subliminal, others are blatant. It's easy to steer clear of all that on a site like Acurazine. Vendors are clearly marked-you can avoid their posts, comments and thread by simply not reading them.

If you have an issue about a thread, vendor, member or even a Moderator, please feel free to send me a Personal Message. I would be happy to discuss anything with you offline. But not airing out "dirty laundry" here in public.

As a Moderator here, I'm happy to help you, and let you voice your opinions and concerns about Acurazine.

To me, the entire crux of this website is the encouragement of thoughts, opinions and the exchange of knowledge. I honestly don't see where the vendors get in the way of that.

I gave a lot of thought to closing this thread-the thread seemed wrong for so many reasons. I've decided to leave it open-for the time being, as to allow others to voice their opinion and give their input.

Cheers!
But oh, oh, I forgot to say you are the cool mod SB. Honestly, you are a good mod.

All, don't forget about the "Ignore" list. You can place a person or vendor on this list and block their comments from view. One person in particular has put me on his "Ignore" list. Although I don't block anyone, sometimes it is the best solution for people who rub you the wrong way.
Old 08-15-2011, 11:08 PM
Team Owner

^^^ Thanks Marco-the kind words are much appreciated.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:56 AM
Back at it with the TL SH

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
I don't know of any other Acura sites except for this one and MyAcura.com.

Thats about it.
Old 08-16-2011, 09:27 PM
Team Owner

Just so you guys know (in case you already didn't), MyAcura.com is ACURA's car owners' registration website.