Took Delivery!

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 07:29 AM
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by PetesTL
Thanks. I would love to accessorize my TL with tints, big wheels and what not....but my car is being leased.....is spending a lot of money on accessories for a leased car worth it?
Modifying a leased car isnt really worth it because you dont get your money back when u turn it in. I usually put tints, all season mats and wheels on mine at most because i can take out the mats and wheels and either move it to my next car or sell it. Tint is cheap so it really doesnt matter.
Old 09-30-2008, 08:52 AM
AZ Community Team

Received 4,108 Likes on 2,552 Posts
Congrats on the new ride!
Old 09-30-2008, 11:08 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by usaf2008
congratulations....you're an idiot IMO for buying such an ugly vehicle but congratulations...
Maturity is your friend.

By the way, I saw a couple of 4Gs at a dealer yesterday. I think the bigger overall size of the 4G bothers me more than the grille.
Old 09-30-2008, 11:29 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts
Congrats on the new ride Pete!

i have to admit the 4G is growing on me, the quality improvements are undeniable...i look forward to reading more feedback from you and future 4G owners
Old 10-01-2008, 01:33 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by PetesTL
Yes, but out of all those people buying TL's, how many of them actually know or even post in this forum? We here are just a small fraction of the thousands of TL owners out there. Whenever you have a dramatic styling change, it takes time for people to get used to it. When the Bangle-designed 7 series and 5 series first came out, everybody predicted the car would bankrupt BMW......today, the 5 series is universally hailed as the Benchmark and is a huge seller for BMW. The 4G will sell and sell well......I have absolutely no doubts about it.
I emailed the dealer to reserve the test-drive when on the flight back to NY. Ummm, only 3.5TL is available. Tried it and got the good feeling about it. If possible, I'd love to see SH-AWD vehicle in Nov. Perhaps, SH-AWD model can help make my mind.

It seems that Acura dealer took the quick step to push 4GTL into the market with their special strategies. This apparently doesn't attract too many ppl jumping into the pool to enjoy. I didn't mean 4G doesn't have the good sale records. The fact is that 3GTL seemed to be the more attractive item before it hit on the market. Dozens of users were able to report they got the new cars in 1st weekend. Wish I will see the same thing on the 2nd weekend of Nov.
Old 10-01-2008, 05:50 AM
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by rets
I emailed the dealer to reserve the test-drive when on the flight back to NY. Ummm, only 3.5TL is available. Tried it and got the good feeling about it. If possible, I'd love to see SH-AWD vehicle in Nov. Perhaps, SH-AWD model can help make my mind.

It seems that Acura dealer took the quick step to push 4GTL into the market with their special strategies. This apparently doesn't attract too many ppl jumping into the pool to enjoy. I didn't mean 4G doesn't have the good sale records. The fact is that 3GTL seemed to be the more attractive item before it hit on the market. Dozens of users were able to report they got the new cars in 1st weekend. Wish I will see the same thing on the 2nd weekend of Nov.
Different times and different economy. I'm sure there are many folks who would love to run out and be one of the first '09 TL owners, but they can't afford it. This TL is more expensive than the last, so some of the people who were able to afford last gen. TLs, probably can't afford this gen. Or, you might have folks like me who are going to wait for the MMC to see if a Type-S will be available, some might be waiting till next year for the manual. I don't think we can say that the lack of owners off the bat, is a result of the exterior, although I see why folks would come to that conclusion.
Old 10-01-2008, 09:56 AM
Racer

Beautiful car Pete. Congratulations and enjoy!
Old 10-01-2008, 09:57 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by dampfnudel
Maturity is your friend.

By the way, I saw a couple of 4Gs at a dealer yesterday. I think the bigger overall size of the 4G bothers me more than the grille.
Great post.
Old 10-01-2008, 09:59 AM
2019 RDX Tech SH-AWD

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts
Congrats!
Love the exterior color, although I am partial to light color interiors. I drove this car last week and in person it looks good. The engine is very smooth, impressive. I love all the features on the Tech package, expensive upgrade but it adds a lot of cool electronics.
I thought about buying one this year but I think I will wait a year until I get used to the design. I had to do that with the 3G when I owned a 2G.
Hope with the bigger engine the gas mileage numbers are acurate.
Old 10-01-2008, 10:17 AM
should i spend more in

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Ac Man
Are you saying that the sound system operates similar to Ford's/Microsoft's Sync feature in terms of searching for songs/artists? How long does it take to search for the song? Does this feature apply to the USB port/ipod connection and MP3s too, or just CD/DVD-A? Congrats on the car by the way, It seems like you're very happy with your purchase, and you should be
Yes it does, and it performs very quickly. If you hook up a thumb drive to the USB port, you can control the files with the dash controls (knob or voice), and it is very quick! Also, the radio plays burned DVD's with mp3/wma files. I tried it out yesterday at my local dealer in Orlando. Also, for anyone in the Orlando area, they have a WDP (don't know the new name for the white) 4g w/ the factory kit and the 19" machine/black wheels!! Its at Fountain Acura on OBT. Congrats on the purchase Pete!! Looks awesome.
Old 10-01-2008, 11:06 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Superb
Yes it does, and it performs very quickly. If you hook up a thumb drive to the USB port, you can control the files with the dash controls (knob or voice), and it is very quick! Also, the radio plays burned DVD's with mp3/wma files. I tried it out yesterday at my local dealer in Orlando. Also, for anyone in the Orlando area, they have a WDP (don't know the new name for the white) 4g w/ the factory kit and the 19" machine/black wheels!! Its at Fountain Acura on OBT. Congrats on the purchase Pete!! Looks awesome.
Can someone please take a few pics of the one in Orlando with factory kit ..the one menioned. Wouldnt mind taking a peak...that might be the only way i get a 4gtl
Old 10-01-2008, 01:23 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by gurneyeagle
Great post.
Thanks.
Old 10-01-2008, 01:31 PM
'04 NBP TL AT/Navi

Originally Posted by bubbahead
Can someone please take a few pics of the one in Orlando with factory kit ..the one menioned. Wouldnt mind taking a peak...that might be the only way i get a 4gtl
I'm not in Orlando but I did the best I could.. It should look something like this.

according to acura.com anyway. not too bad really.. it's growing on me slowly. I'm anxious to get to the dealer and test drive one. Congrats Pete. Nice lookn' car, love the color.

Last edited by Privdog; 10-01-2008 at 01:34 PM.
Old 10-01-2008, 07:10 PM
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
congrats PETE! you'll have to be the first to pioneer into the new mods for this one. GOOD LUCK! lol
Old 10-01-2008, 07:13 PM
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
...pete after reading some posts from you in response to some of these guys' comments - you're my freaking hero. ROCK on! and again, CONGRATS ON THE NEW CAR!!!!!!!! lol
Old 10-01-2008, 11:18 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Thanks, erick3. I wished I could mod my car but 2 problems....1) my car is leased so modding my car could be a waste of money, and 2) I have too many bills right now to spend on accessories.......actually, I like the car as is right now.....maybe next summer.
Old 10-04-2008, 12:41 PM
Intermediate

Hey I have a 05 6speed. i just drove the 09. I still need a stick, are u willing to go w/o a stick