throw-up in my 3g!!!??!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2008, 10:50 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TL|GTX
And how much more $$$ do those cars cost then the TL? Put a turbocharged 3.0 just like the 335i, or a gay ass V8 and the TL will be amazing.
You can put a 3.0 turbo or a "gay ass" V8 (as you call it) into a Nissan Sentra but that doesn't make it a true sports sedan. I think you need to drive those cars to know what I'm talking about.
Old 10-13-2008, 05:12 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As with the new MDX, I did not like it but it grew on me. I can't and won't speak for many of you but i'm sure there will be a few people who will eventually start liking the exterior look of the new TL if they do not already like it.

I drove the new TL and it really depends on the color of the TL. The Red TL looks very nice as well as the white one with the 19inch rims. Not such a fan of silver though.
Old 10-14-2008, 03:01 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ReWritable
I like the 4G better, side by side the 3G looks dated and plain. Interestingly most -not all- guys who hate the 4G and "throw up" just bought a 2007 or 2008 TL. I would feel the same if I just spent >30Ka brand new old looking car.

tru have fun with that grandma pussi while us 3gers get the fresh college girls
Old 10-14-2008, 08:23 PM
dio
Instructor

Received 51 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by Steven Bell
If this is indeed true, I'll be more than happy to keep my "10 year old" looking 2007 Type S for a very long time.

Sorry but the 4G TL does make the 3G TL look old.....I have read tons of threads here with regards to the 4G TL look, and seriously IN A YEAR the 3G TL will look even older. Believe me you are just not digging the fact that your 3 GTL body stlye is now discontinued so you bash the new style.
Old 10-14-2008, 09:49 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 740 Likes on 435 Posts
Originally Posted by dio
Sorry but the 4G TL does make the 3G TL look old.....I have read tons of threads here with regards to the 4G TL look, and seriously IN A YEAR the 3G TL will look even older. Believe me you are just not digging the fact that your 3 GTL body stlye is now discontinued so you bash the new style.
Maybe, but I see a ton of 2G TLs on the streets and while it is an older style the styling has aged well and holds its own, I suspect 3G will be the same, the quesiton is will the radical styling departure of the 4G age as gracefully?
Old 10-15-2008, 07:12 AM
Wild Child

Originally Posted by Blazing GT
why so much digust to the 4G

I thought we loved Acuras
The disgust is because its new and people dont like change. When everyone starts driving these bossy looking 4Gs around, the 3G owners wont be able to say much. Honestly, and Im being completely unbiased here, but The beak is UGLY on some colors but the 3G has ugly colors too. Just go look at the polls in the 3G forum. The majority of 3GTL owners have the black and anthracite and WDP. The maroon and blue were ugly colors. But the car is still a hell of a car, and I havent know Acura to take a step backwards a day in its life. The 91' Legend had memory seats, a disc changer and automatic windows which was WAY before its time.
Old 10-15-2008, 07:16 AM
Wild Child

Originally Posted by PetesTL
You can put a 3.0 turbo or a "gay ass" V8 (as you call it) into a Nissan Sentra but that doesn't make it a true sports sedan. I think you need to drive those cars to know what I'm talking about.
I gotta back you up on this one. The TL is STILL a 30-thousand dollar car. You cant expect it to have the same style and pizzaz as a 50 or 60-thousand dollar car. At the end of the day when that BMW 535 or that S 430 pulls up next to you, its gonna shut your little TL down, no matter what you do to your TL.
Old 10-15-2008, 09:22 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by wildchild_8635
...At the end of the day when that BMW 535 or that S 430 pulls up next to you, it's gonna shut your little TL down, no matter what you do to your TL.
Given BMW and Mercedes' poor reliability, I'd rather be shut down in my TL than broken down in a 535 or S 430.

Old 10-15-2008, 09:25 AM
Turd Polisher

Received 3,017 Likes on 1,515 Posts
^ Agreed.
Old 10-15-2008, 09:41 AM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
Originally Posted by dio
dio,

I respect your OPINION...but that is all it is-just an opinion, which you are entitled to. I like the 3G body style alot. I like it much better than the 4G body style. Before I owned my Type S, I owned a 1997 Chrysler Sebring convertible. Again, I liked that body style MUCH better than the current body style of the Sebrings. I would not own a new Sebring because I don't like the exterior looks. I feel the same way about the 2009 4G TL. It does not bother me that the 3G body style is discontinued. To me, it makes the 3G even more special. I express my OPINION about the 4G body style-just the way you have expressed your OPINION.
Old 10-15-2008, 10:30 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 168 Likes on 101 Posts

yet another 3G vs 4G thread (sigh)

Interesting how this never happened (to this scale) in the TSX arena when the '09 came out...some like the 4G TL, some don't...it's a matter of taste peeps and talking about vomiting, getting more tail, etc. when referring to each other's cars is embarrassing dudes...seriously...they're freakin' cars

...can't we all just get along??
Old 10-15-2008, 11:06 AM
2nd Gear

acura should be asshamed...it looks horrible
Old 10-15-2008, 03:20 PM
dio
Instructor

Received 51 Likes on 24 Posts
dio,

I respect your OPINION...but that is all it is-just an opinion, which you are entitled to. I like the 3G body style alot. I like it much better than the 4G body style. Before I owned my Type S, I owned a 1997 Chrysler Sebring convertible. Again, I liked that body style MUCH better than the current body style of the Sebrings. I would not own a new Sebring because I don't like the exterior looks. I feel the same way about the 2009 4G TL. It does not bother me that the 3G body style is discontinued. To me, it makes the 3G even more special. I express my OPINION about the 4G body style-just the way you have expressed your OPINION.
That's cool I have no issue at all and respect yours as well. But other than the front grill the car looks great, and is forward thinking in my opinion. cheers.
Old 10-15-2008, 09:48 PM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
Thank you Dio...I appreciate your response. I got to see the new TL up close at the Open House tonight. Plus, I got to drive both the Base TL and the Tech TL. I felt the most impressive part of this car is the XM Weather aspect of the Nav Screen along with the Hard Disc Drive (HDD). The weather radar is VERY cool. But when I got back into my 2007 Type S, I looked at my Nav Screen and felt as though my screen was bigger than the 2009's. Maybe because the 3G screen is closer to the driver. The 2009 screen is set back into the center console, which makes it seem smaller. I also wish it was still a touch screen in the 2009. I know most people like hard drives now, but I'm old school. Since I'm a radio disc jockey, I still buy CD's and do not download music.

There was a black Base TL with the black colored nose shield. Painting the nose saves the looks of the car and makes it look better than the current existing nose. As in other 4G posts, it seems like some dealerships are now altering the nose by painting the nose shield, which saves the looks of the TL.

It also had the aero kit on it with Acura aftermarket wheels. The aero kit seemed to be "bolt on" or Snap-On Tools type pieces. The kit did help but seemed to looked like it was stuck onto the car.
Old 10-16-2008, 07:43 AM
Wild Child

Second-ed
Originally Posted by TylerT
^ Agreed.
Old 10-16-2008, 07:46 AM
Wild Child

We're all a part of the Acura family. Theyre all reliable cars and you get a lot for your money. Everybody has SOMEBODY thats ugly in their family. But they're still family. And Im pretty sure that the opinions of people who actually own acruas is valued a lot more than someone from the outside who just has an opinion they wanna throw out there. That's my word.
Thank you Dio...I appreciate your response. I got to see the new TL up close at the Open House tonight. Plus, I got to drive both the Base TL and the Tech TL. I felt the most impressive part of this car is the XM Weather aspect of the Nav Screen along with the Hard Disc Drive (HDD). The weather radar is VERY cool. But when I got back into my 2007 Type S, I looked at my Nav Screen and felt as though my screen was bigger than the 2009's. Maybe because the 3G screen is closer to the driver. The 2009 screen is set back into the center console, which makes it seem smaller. I also wish it was still a touch screen in the 2009. I know most people like hard drives now, but I'm old school. Since I'm a radio disc jockey, I still buy CD's and do not download music.

There was a black Base TL with the black colored nose shield. Painting the nose saves the looks of the car and makes it look better than the current existing nose. As in other 4G posts, it seems like some dealerships are now altering the nose by painting the nose shield, which saves the looks of the TL.

It also had the aero kit on it with Acura aftermarket wheels. The aero kit seemed to be "bolt on" or Snap-On Tools type pieces. The kit did help but seemed to looked like it was stuck onto the car.
Old 10-16-2008, 12:20 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 740 Likes on 435 Posts
Originally Posted by wildchild_8635
The disgust is because its new and people dont like change. When everyone starts driving these bossy looking 4Gs around, the 3G owners wont be able to say much. Honestly, and Im being completely unbiased here, but The beak is UGLY on some colors but the 3G has ugly colors too. Just go look at the polls in the 3G forum. The majority of 3GTL owners have the black and anthracite and WDP. The maroon and blue were ugly colors. But the car is still a hell of a car, and I havent know Acura to take a step backwards a day in its life. The 91' Legend had memory seats, a disc changer and automatic windows which was WAY before its time.

I don't know if it is only that people don't like change. I remeber likeing the 1G G35 except for the interior and when the 2G G35 hit WOW! I liked the 2G TL a lot, just could not swing it at the time then the 3G came out and again WOW AWESOME! I think many of us were hpoing for EVOLUTIONARY changes now REVOLUTIONARY. The 4G is a radical departure in styling, the beak does nto help nor the butt to many of us. Even the 2G TSX looks like a 1G TSX you see the resemblance, the 3G and 4G, hmmm not much.
Old 10-17-2008, 01:26 PM
Banned

Received 124 Likes on 104 Posts
I am totally appalled by this ugly look.

At this point I'd rather have a Genesis 4.6 for the same money or so.
Old 10-17-2008, 02:12 PM
Ak Ting Up

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by PetesTL
I believe that's what Acura has intended all along. They wanted to go more "upscale" with the TL in the 4G....more refinement and more luxury. To me, the TL was never a true sports sedan in the first place.....for me, it was always a "sporty" luxury sedan. The only "true" sports sedans in my book are the BMW 335i, M3 sedan, and the Audi RS4.
Youi dont think the G35 is a true sports sedan ?
Old 10-17-2008, 02:29 PM
Ak Ting Up

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Saintor
I am totally appalled by this ugly look.

At this point I'd rather have a Genesis 4.6 for the same money or so.
I need to see the Genesis in person. I think I saw one on the street and it looked very sporty, but I didn't get a good look at it. Hyundai is talking about making the engine a 5.5 in a couple of years to challenge the BMW M5.