Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

OTD pricing...

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2008, 04:27 PM
In the bizarro world...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OTD pricing...

I've read through most of the threads so far and a few have purchased and a few have leased. I'm looking for OTD pricing...

I understand that Acura can't discount the MSRP right now, but the prices that I was quoted at today are preposterous...

Just curious to know what others are paying.

Thanks...
Old 10-04-2008, 04:39 PM
AVB for President!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It would help if you mentioned what prices you were quoted, since those prices might not be as ridiculous as you think... Afterall, taxes, title, license is something that is not controllable by the dealership.
Old 10-04-2008, 05:05 PM
In the bizarro world...

Sorry...

North Jersey area:
OTD - $46,536
$10k down, $608.94 for 60 months

After putting $10k down, I really wasn't expecting to have $7k tacked on to the MSRP.
Old 10-04-2008, 06:19 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,012 Likes on 567 Posts
Which model are you being quoted on? That amount sounds like the amount after all your payments have been made, including the finance charge.
Old 10-04-2008, 07:07 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 740 Likes on 435 Posts
I am nto sure, but my guess is we'll see dicounts next month. Car market is so soft right now. granted I have bought 3 cars for this dealer in 2 years, but they seem to think if I wanted one I might be able to get closer to invocie in a month or two.
Old 10-05-2008, 01:04 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by NEVERaDuLLmoment
I understand that Acura can't discount the MSRP right now, but the prices that I was quoted at today are preposterous.
Why can't they? Acura car sales were down 27% in September. If they are not offering discounts now they will be very soon.
Old 10-05-2008, 03:41 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
If you're paying cash right now, there are BIG discounts to be had in purchasing. Financing and leasing is where you will run into a problem due to the credit crunch. Banks are Extremely stingy right now. Unless you have PERFECT credit, forget about any breaks. Yesterday, I found out my cousin tried to lease a new '08 G35 but was turned down because his credit score was "only" 690!

Last edited by PetesTL; 10-05-2008 at 03:43 PM.
Old 10-10-2008, 07:33 AM
Cruisin'

Invoice pricing

I was offered 1k off sticker yesterday for a base model and I turned them down. I'm going for 500 over invoive today..............
Old 10-10-2008, 10:03 AM
Needs to clean up

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good Luck my friend!!! But $500 over invoice seems to much to ask at this point, may be around end of october they will be more interested to make the sale.

Keep us posted.
Old 10-10-2008, 12:39 PM
Cruisin'

I know- Wishfull thinking. I like the car but I don't think the base car is 10K better than a Accord EXL V6. The car is quieter than a Accord, but it's far from Lexus quiet. Sunvisors and sunglass holder are Civic quality. The ride is nice but it's gets a touch harsh on rutted pavement. I drove a tech even though I want a base so maybe the Michelins are not as smmoth as the Bridgestone el41's on the base. The base engine is perfect. Smooth, fast and it gets good gas mpg.
Old 10-10-2008, 01:17 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by pahns5
...I like the car but I don't think the base car is 10K better than a Accord EXL V6...
Price difference is US$6,490 not US$10,000.

2009 Acura TL: MSRP $34,955 + $760 Destination and Handling Charge
2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V6: MSRP $28,555 + $670 Destination and Handling Charge

Old 10-10-2008, 02:04 PM
Cruisin'

Thats true but a V6 Accord in my neck of the woods is going for invoice. I can pick one up for around 26k. Acura dealers are adding on a pro pack on TL'S which adds 500 to 1K on the sticker. That puts it close to a 10k difference.
Old 10-10-2008, 02:26 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by pahns5
...Acura dealers are adding on a pro pack on TL'S which adds 500 to 1K on the sticker...
What is a "pro pack"?
Old 10-10-2008, 02:37 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,012 Likes on 567 Posts
Originally Posted by S2000 Driver
What is a "pro pack"?
Wheel locks, mud guards, cargo tray, sometimes rust and/or paint sealant. FWIW, there are real costs to the first three, the second two,,,, not so much.
Old 10-10-2008, 02:50 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by Colin
Wheel locks, mud guards, cargo tray, sometimes rust and/or paint sealant. FWIW, there are real costs to the first three, the second two,,,, not so much.
Gotchya -- thanks.

Yes, the rustproofing treatment and paint treatment are standard dealer BS add-ons to jack up the price.

I would never order or ever pay one extra penny for them even if the dealer has already "enhanced" the car.

:troutslap
Old 10-10-2008, 06:31 PM
Intermediate

I believe in not being overcharged or gouged for ANYTHING you buy, but remember that when you buy a car, you are also buying the assistance of the salesman and he has bills to pay, too - don't lowball to the point that nobody makes any money...would you get up every day and go to work for free?
That's why they call it a DEAL - where it's fair for everyone. Don't get taken advantage of, but don't take advantage of someone else, either. [/soapbox speech]
Old 10-10-2008, 07:49 PM
9th Gear

well heres the deal. I am a salesperson at acura dealership. I drive one of our demo and I know the inside pricings and etc. first of all, there is not a huge profit on these TL's. If I were to sell a TL, I rather sell a 3g TL than a 4g TL. 3g has couple thousand dollars backed by acura, but not on 4g TL. On a 4g TL with tech package, if you got a quote in low $40k, but if its somewhere in $45k's I wouldn't call that a deal. You might be able to get high 30k's, but it depends on who you are working with.
Old 10-13-2008, 11:50 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by pkdud1@hotmail.com
well heres the deal. I am a salesperson at acura dealership. I drive one of our demo and I know the inside pricings and etc. first of all, there is not a huge profit on these TL's. If I were to sell a TL, I rather sell a 3g TL than a 4g TL. 3g has couple thousand dollars backed by acura, but not on 4g TL. On a 4g TL with tech package, if you got a quote in low $40k, but if its somewhere in $45k's I wouldn't call that a deal. You might be able to get high 30k's, but it depends on who you are working with.
I assume you are talking about the SH-AWD that isn't out yet. What about a non-awd with tech?
Old 10-14-2008, 08:47 AM
9th Gear

Non sh-awd TL with tech package you might be able to get 39490. That's probably the cheapest 09 TL you can possibly get. I spoke with my buddy in acura, but their not releasing any of sales until mid or end of next year. The one with sh-awd+tech might be somewhere around 45k. The thing is, when the car arrives to the dealership, the dealership puts on some accessories on for their own profit. If they did not put on anything, you might be able to find one at 39490

Last edited by pkdud1@hotmail.com; 10-14-2008 at 08:50 AM.
Old 10-14-2008, 10:11 AM
9th Gear

hey, I think 10k down with 604.95 is an over priced or they are not giving you any money. If I were to cut you a deal, it will be more like 560 to 570 based on your credit. Also all the mud guards and paint sealants are come standard from the factory, but floor mats, and trunk trays, and side moldings may be an cost to the dealership. It all depends on who you work with. When you are looking 30 dollars to 40 dollar difference in your monthly payment, we are talking about almost 2000 dollar difference in your car price. Good luck finding one, if I can help anything just give me an email
Old 10-14-2008, 10:15 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by biggygo
I believe in not being overcharged or gouged for ANYTHING you buy, but remember that when you buy a car, you are also buying the assistance of the salesman and he has bills to pay, too - don't lowball to the point that nobody makes any money...would you get up every day and go to work for free?
That's why they call it a DEAL - where it's fair for everyone. Don't get taken advantage of, but don't take advantage of someone else, either. [/soapbox speech]

The last four cars I have purchased have been done with a little research in advance. I figured out exactly what I wanted and found out what the "true" invoice with all the options I wanted was, then I found out who the GMs were for three dealerships in my area, and faxed them a letter addressed to all three GMs stating what I wanted. In the letter I noted where I got my information, and made sure that all three GMs knew that I was a serious customer. I did not want to deal with a sales person, I just wanted the car, quick and easy. I offered $1,000 over invoice as a fair offer, but who ever came back with the best deal first would get the sale. I also gave them a time to respond. Now in all fairness, I was not financing the car. Also I was not trading anything either, as far as they knew. I told them about that part after I had the confimed deal done with a signed contract and money exchanged. The worst I ever got on a trade was blue book, which is fair.

In my letter I have said that I can't afford to invest the time required to go through the normal "show" that goes on in car dealerships accross the land. As a result, my delivery times have been less than an hour, and my shopping times have also been less than an hour. It is painless, I get a very fair price, and skip all of the BS. At $1,100 per hour I can't afford to dick around with the dealers. I just want the car.

Let me know if you want any other information.
Old 10-14-2008, 11:23 AM
Racer

Non sh-awd TL with tech package you might be able to get 39490. That's probably the cheapest 09 TL you can possibly get. I spoke with my buddy in acura, but their not releasing any of sales until mid or end of next year. The one with sh-awd+tech might be somewhere around 45k. The thing is, when the car arrives to the dealership, the dealership puts on some accessories on for their own profit. If they did not put on anything, you might be able to find one at 39490
uh....that is more then sticker + destination.
Old 10-14-2008, 12:06 PM
Pro

Received 181 Likes on 73 Posts
pk....so, let's play a "what if" game on a 4G TL w/Tech....MSRP $39,445. No factory money. I'll assume about a $3K spread between invoice and MSRP on the 4G (pretty close to what the 3G spread is without factory money).

You know, we know...everyone knows....car sales are slow....slower than it's ever been since I've been driving (25 years). Acura sales are down, just like everyone else's.

Based on all that, I don't expect invoice pricing on a newly released product.

But, I'd split the $3K delta with you......$1,500 off MSRP. Is that a doable deal?
Old 10-14-2008, 12:11 PM
9th Gear

Hey stash, heres what you can do. Call around couple dealership around you and findout what their asking for their 09 TL and offer them a figure that they might be interested in to sell. They probably wouldn't come down a dime on 09 TL, unless you have personal relationship with GM or the owner of the dealership. The dealerships are not giving out any discounts until next year and the point I am trying to make is...well heres an example. I have one 09 TL listed for 40490, and when I said 39490 it is 1000 discount I am telling you, and when I said 10k down with 560-570 monthly payment, we are talking about 2000 to 2500 discount overall. I just sold an 08 TL for +300 invoice. 08TL's are understandable, but 09 TL you have to pay whatever their asking on MSRP or their bumpsticker(dealers extra profit).
Old 10-14-2008, 08:52 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,181 Likes on 1,210 Posts
pkdud1- check your PM inbox.
Old 10-14-2008, 09:44 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
With all this price negotiating talk going around, you guys might be forgetting one "small" thing......Credit. Nowdays, if you are buying a car outright with cash, the dealers will flock to YOU....you are KING! On the other hand, if you are going to finance your car or lease your car, you better make sure your credit rating is spotless. With the way the banks are right now and the so-called "credit crunch," if you have anything less than a credit score of 750, forget about getting the best rates or deals on a new car. Some dealers may be desperate to sells cars, but the banks loaning you money are not. Several weeks ago, I found out my cousin tried to finance a new G35 but was turned down due to a low credit score of "only" 680. He was shocked to say the least. So before you guys go car shopping, make sure you check-up on your credit and fix it if necessary.
Old 10-14-2008, 09:50 PM
9th Gear

Originally Posted by PetesTL
With all this price negotiating talk going around, you guys might be forgetting one "small" thing......Credit. Nowdays, if you are buying a car outright with cash, the dealers will flock to YOU....you are KING! On the other hand, if you are going to finance your car or lease your car, you better make sure your credit rating is spotless. With the way the banks are right now and the so-called "credit crunch," if you have anything less than a credit score of 750, forget about getting the best rates or deals on a new car. Some dealers may be desperate to sells cars, but the banks loaning you money are not. Several weeks ago, I found out my cousin tried to finance a new G35 but was turned down due to a low credit score of "only" 680. He was shocked to say the least. So before you guys go car shopping, make sure you check-up on your credit and fix it if necessary.

hey, tell you the truth I think the dealership is playing a game with your cousin. I've had a customer who had a credit score of 680 and still got an 60 mo 2.9% on 08 TL. The dealers are not happy with their promotions their doing with interest rates. The reason is there is always money back on finance when the buyers are making a finance, so if your cousin got a good deal on a price, they probably would not let him get a good interest rate, just because there is always back money coming back into the dealership. Best advice will be visit other dealerships and findout what they say about his credit. It all depends on who's the finance guy in the dealership too. If finance guy is wanting to sell a car no matter to what are the profit is, then he might be able to get him a good interest rate.
Old 10-15-2008, 11:41 AM
Racer

Hey stash, heres what you can do. Call around couple dealership around you and findout what their asking for their 09 TL and offer them a figure that they might be interested in to sell. They probably wouldn't come down a dime on 09 TL, unless you have personal relationship with GM or the owner of the dealership. The dealerships are not giving out any discounts until next year and the point I am trying to make is...well heres an example. I have one 09 TL listed for 40490, and when I said 39490 it is 1000 discount I am telling you, and when I said 10k down with 560-570 monthly payment, we are talking about 2000 to 2500 discount overall. I just sold an 08 TL for +300 invoice. 08TL's are understandable, but 09 TL you have to pay whatever their asking on MSRP or their bumpsticker(dealers extra profit).

I am talking about the MSRP of the car. If you have one listed for 40490, then you have added options to the car to raise the price. I do not expect the price to drop immediately, but it will after the lots fill up.

The one with sh-awd+tech might be somewhere around 45k.
It will be 42905. This has been released for a month and a half.

hey, tell you the truth I think the dealership is playing a game with your cousin. I've had a customer who had a credit score of 680 and still got an 60 mo 2.9% on 08 TL. The dealers are not happy with their promotions their doing with interest rates. The reason is there is always money back on finance when the buyers are making a finance, so if your cousin got a good deal on a price, they probably would not let him get a good interest rate, just because there is always back money coming back into the dealership. Best advice will be visit other dealerships and findout what they say about his credit. It all depends on who's the finance guy in the dealership too. If finance guy is wanting to sell a car no matter to what are the profit is, then he might be able to get him a good interest rate.
A good buyer would know what interest rate he can qualify for before he comes into a dealership, thereby seperating the car purchase from the car financing. Ideally, the purchase price of the car is seperate from what kind of financing you can recieve to eliminate the "kickback" from the financing company by inflating the interest rate.
Old 10-15-2008, 02:07 PM
7th Gear

Stash, the full MSRP (including the $760 for destination) for the 2009 TL SH-AWD with the Technology Package is $43,995. This is on Acura.com; the vehicle is listed at $43,235 and then down in the fine print it mentions the destination charge of $760. You will see these figures when you go to Acura.com, click on TL and then click on Build & Price.
Old 10-15-2008, 02:55 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by chance
Stash, the full MSRP (including the $760 for destination) for the 2009 TL SH-AWD with the Technology Package is $43,995. This is on Acura.com; the vehicle is listed at $43,235 and then down in the fine print it mentions the destination charge of $760. You will see these figures when you go to Acura.com, click on TL and then click on Build & Price.
Actually that is the price for the Tech with high performance tires. The regular SH-AWD model with Tech is $42,235 before destination.
Old 10-15-2008, 03:05 PM
9th Gear

Hey stash,
Here is what it is. The trunk trays, Floor mats, deck lid spoilers, etc. These are not freebees from Acura to the Acura buyers. You have to realize there are some extra money you have to pay unless if you do not want any of these. Do me a favor, you will not find any cheaper TL which is below 39k anywhere in nation.
Old 10-15-2008, 04:35 PM
7th Gear

Doh! Sorry about that, I skimmed the Acura site to fast. Sorry about that Stash!
Old 10-17-2008, 05:05 PM
Racer

Hey stash,
Here is what it is. The trunk trays, Floor mats, deck lid spoilers, etc. These are not freebees from Acura to the Acura buyers. You have to realize there are some extra money you have to pay unless if you do not want any of these. Do me a favor, you will not find any cheaper TL which is below 39k anywhere in nation.
Yes...the thing is those are options. Not required. Hence you can find one for less then 39k....one at MSRP with no options. That's all I am saying.