So what do i do? need some advice

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 01:17 AM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So what do i do? need some advice

SO WTF DO I DO.

So i scheduled an install of KarrTrack (like lojack) to be installed at my house on my new Acura TL /intro luxury car. I had to go to work so I leave the car at home with my bro to allow the guy to install that gear.

He called me before the install and says he'll be there in 30 minutes ...cool

He calls me back after the install and says i should get an email to activate it... i dont get any email.

Then I decide to drive to the store after i get home and click "Play Ipod" and then i hear a beep. Thinking my ipod is out of batteries I look for my it. I cant feel it in my center console as im driving. I realize its GONE.

So i ask my bro wheres my ipod, hes like " what are you talking about".
Then i realize he stole my ipod.
I ask my bro if he thought the guy was shady.

He drove a brand new G37 and he was clean cut. So thinking i misplaced it , because society in the USA warrants me to double check, i go searching for my ipod multiple times.

So i decide to call the guy on the cell he called me from...
me: "Yo how come i never recieved an email about my activation?"
him: "you should have unless your email was wrong"
me: "So you like my ipod?"
him slightly stuttering knowing he got caught " I dont even like apple shit"
me: "How do i activate my car track"
him" Call this number 800 XXX XXXX"
me "ok"

So anyways i call the mom & pop shop that installed it and asked them why my car track wasnt activated.
Guess what, its the same guy that installed my shit from his voice..
So i ask for the name of the company and address.

I get it, and theres no such company name at or near that address. Only the address looks like its a dealership service company. He BS'd on the name but it appears he gave me the right address.

Then i ask for the address and company name... bogus name and or address. "Car Security" XX street irvine ca."
Googled that shit...no such company near that address.

I dont tell him that the company rep that he(or the same person on the phone) stole my ipod.

I just say can you activate it.

So now im like wtf do i do. He stole my 60gb ipod i bought 2.5 years ago for 480$. i can buy refurb for 140$.

Keep in mind, i triple/quadruple checked everywhere. I will do so again in the morning to make sure im not wrong.

1. Do i call my dealership and try and get them to compensate me with free oil change and other shit. It is a luxury car and you dont expect that kind of shit when u buy a nice car.
2. Do i call the corporate office of KarrTrack and complain that homie jacked me
3. Do i call the mom and pop shop and complaing that homie jacked me ? (who knows , he could be the fucken owner too)
4. Do i fucken roll over like an girl
5. File a police report to let the companies involved that im not joking.
6. Is it worth 200$ to worry about some idiot knowing where my car is at so he can do as he pleases to my car or me.

7. Any other recommendations?
Old 07-02-2009, 09:31 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,182 Likes on 1,210 Posts
why is it the dealer's fault?
Old 07-02-2009, 09:36 AM
I feel strongly both ways

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
If I understand your post it sounds like he not only stole your ipod, the lojack thing he installed (do we even know if it was installed?) doesn't work. So it sounds to me like the whole thing was a rip-off. Go to your local precinct and make a police report. You have enough information of the perpetrator that it should be pretty easy for the police to go out and interview him. In addition to the theft, he made a buch of other false representations that are almost certainly illegal.

Re: the dealership....just what did they do that they
"owe" you a free oil change (or anything else for that matter)?
Old 07-02-2009, 11:33 AM
10th Gear

I'm curious about the dealership involvment too but where did you get the recommendation to have this guy/company do the install? I know it doesn't do any good in your situation, but this is why everyone says make sure the company is reputable and check some of the work they've done in the past. Sounds like a bad situation and I would agree with Doc, file the police report but I wouldn't count on much being done. Chalk it up to one of lifes little mistakes and get yourslef a new ipod. You could also talk to your insurance agent to see if there is anything they can do, but is it worth risking a rate hike for a couple hundred bucks?
Old 07-02-2009, 05:40 PM
Instructor

Doc is correct. Whoever got you hooked up with these people should be notified. You should inquire as to how they can help you rectify the situation. Whether or not the police can ultimately do anything is basically irrelevant. A report must be filed. There could have been previous incidents that have already been reported. Also, it is likely that there is a Better Business Bureau/Consumer Fraud Protection Agency, possibly in your local area and certainly on your state's level, that should be notified. I would also recommend that you contact your local television station's local news division as many of them pursue local fraud stories and, especially if these people that defrauded you have a track record, may do a story that can bring considerable discomfort to those involved. Good luck!
Old 07-02-2009, 11:27 PM
My beer fridge is in

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
anytime i drop my car off anywhere, even the dealership, i remove my sunglasses, ipods, phones, cd's, and anything of value to me that can be pocketed. Out of sight out of mind. Good luck.