So Long Acura!!! You will be missed

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 12:37 AM
I have car ADD

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by scuc
Hmm, I would stay away from Stasis for the time being. They just teamed up with Revo, so I'd wait to see how that all plays out. Stasis tunes tend to be a bit conservative, and their exhaust for the B8 S4 was an overpriced disappointment. It's all subjective opinion of course.

One great mod would be to clear out the amber side marker. I know for the B8 A4/S4 headlights it's pretty easy to take them apart. Planning on getting that done soon.
Funny you mention... I am the King of altering headlights... I have modified over 50+ sets of Acura & Honda headlights....

HOWEVER, Considering i have the full LED headlights... i might not go tinkering in there... I could always buy the EDM spec lights for a cool $3k (not happening)

Old 04-03-2012, 06:56 PM
6G TLX-S

Received 1,143 Likes on 817 Posts
BLACKURA_NY, can you also shoot some interior pics ?
Old 04-03-2012, 07:29 PM
I have car ADD

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

By at1183 at 2012-04-03

By at1183 at 2012-04-03

first pic isnt mine, but identical interior... the technology is mind blowing... 6" color LCD on the dash.. touchpad (which is kinda useless)

to be real honest.... The TL had a better Stereo, better Rear View Camera, and it was a little more "user friendly".... even though I am pretty comfortable with the Audi now, its very cumbersome to move around all the technology... especially while driving
Old 04-03-2012, 08:02 PM
6G TLX-S

Very nice interior.

Thanks for the pics.
Old 04-03-2012, 08:43 PM
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Nice interior indeed...congrats!
I got similar feeling for screen controls. The knob by the stick is at an awkward place to use (similar to BMW I guess). Much prefer the knob location of Acura. But yes, the screen in A6 was very nice. And I wish TL had the tuning options like in that screen.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:18 PM
takin care of Business in

Received 4,732 Likes on 4,064 Posts
is that a car ??? looks like a cockpit to me
Old 04-04-2012, 02:07 PM
B8 S4

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by BLACKURA_NY
its very cumbersome to move around all the technology... especially while driving
I felt the same way at first, but you'll be a pro in no time. It also helps to learn the voice commands, to make things easier/safer while driving.

Beautiful car, again, man. Enjoy!
The following users liked this post:
types1fan (04-04-2012)
Old 04-04-2012, 09:41 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Congrats!! The car looks fantastic.

Wheels really do make a big difference. Get them HREs!!
Old 04-04-2012, 11:21 PM
A6 and TL

Received 145 Likes on 123 Posts
Congrats on the upgrade. Even though I am a BMW guy myself, I am loving the new Audis. Seriously considering the A6 when upgrading the E60. Still concerned about reliability though. BMW has its problems but Audi is much more prone to having problems/glitches.

Are you on Audizine yet? Some C7's are already making some nice progress! Keep in touch with us Acura guys, would love to see your progress on this car! Enjoy it man!
Old 05-26-2012, 10:05 AM

Received 9,500 Likes on 6,171 Posts
Bump

How's the A6 doing so far? Could you give us some sort of review since you've had it for a little while?
Old 05-26-2012, 01:43 PM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
Damn, that's a good looking car. An Audi might be the car that replaces my Type S.
Old 05-26-2012, 11:29 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great move going to the audi, i already have one (going on my second) and just bought an acura so i can vouch for both...and i have to say imho, for those who say its not a step up...it really is...the solid feel cant be explained and the interiors...no comparo. I am sure your loving it.
Old 05-27-2012, 09:34 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 708 Likes on 325 Posts
Originally Posted by Bayman
Great move going to the audi, i already have one (going on my second) and just bought an acura so i can vouch for both...and i have to say imho, for those who say its not a step up...it really is...the solid feel cant be explained and the interiors...no comparo. I am sure your loving it.
Nice to see some non-Acura-fanboy comments for a change (along with Bear's comment on Page 2).

The new A6 is quite a lot better than any TL. Anyone who says otherwise is in denial or hasn't seen/driven one.

Blackura, I'm just wondering why you think the back up camera isn't as good as the TL's. I've driven my new TL only a couple of times so far, but I absolutely hate how the lines on the camera don't turn as you turn the wheel like lots of other cars.

As for the Bang & Olufsen being inferior to the TL's stereo, I would also have to raise an eyebrow to that. The system on my R8 is pretty much the best stock car stereo I've come across so far.
Old 05-27-2012, 11:25 AM
Instructor

And a lovely yellow license plate. too bad you couldn't retain the white one. ;(

Nice car though...

Originally Posted by BLACKURA_NY
^
S-Line Trim
Black Interior, Black headliner
Brushed Aluminum Trim
Full LED headlights
Driver Assistance
Cold Weather
18" Sport Package

Didnt want to spend $6k on the B&O system (it sucked anyway) or $6k on the Innovation (night vision, HUD)

I was second guessing my choice, especially with the 18" wheels, but i'm pretty happy. Dont have it yet, pick it up in the morning. Snapped those pics at the dealer today
Old 05-27-2012, 08:47 PM
6G TLX-S

Originally Posted by SebringSilver

The new A6 is quite a lot better than any TL. Anyone who says otherwise is in denial or hasn't seen/driven one.

For $10+K more and one vehicle-class above the TL, it better be.
Old 05-28-2012, 04:47 PM
Banned

Received 198 Likes on 147 Posts
You should have got one then...why did you get a 2012 TL then?? Considering your list of cars currently owned, money should not be an issue...

Power of branding and MSRP....never underestimate marketing...
Old 05-28-2012, 05:10 PM
Banned

.....to paraphrase Bear-avHistory, the majority of American buyers are in denial then since the TL vastly outsell the A6.....

Last edited by saturno_v; 05-28-2012 at 05:14 PM.
Old 05-28-2012, 05:26 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 63 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by saturno_v
.....to paraphrase Bear-avHistory, the majority of American buyers are in denial then since the TL vastly outsell the A6.....
I'm sure the TL also outsells the Bugatti.
Old 05-28-2012, 05:27 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by g37guy01
I'm sure the TL alo outsells the Bugatti.
....back with the usual hyperbolic nonsensical comparisons?? The 5 Series or the E Class outsell the TL......

Last edited by saturno_v; 05-28-2012 at 05:32 PM.
Old 05-28-2012, 09:00 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 63 Likes on 56 Posts
....back with the usual hyperbolic nonsensical comparisons?? The 5 Series or the E Class outsell the TL......
Ya man, I'm back.
Old 05-28-2012, 11:53 PM
Three Wheelin'

You should have got one then...why did you get a 2012 TL then?? Considering your list of cars currently owned, money should not be an issue...

Power of branding and MSRP....never underestimate marketing...
Didn't want to say it, but I got the TL because it's anonymous and no one pays attention to you when you drive it. Sometimes it's good to drive a car that gets you zero attention.

I'm not sure why it's important to point out the TL outsells the A6. The TL is cheap. More people can afford it. But the A6 is the better car, in fact, so is the A4. There's no one in their right mind who would argue this.

Last edited by SebringSilver; 05-28-2012 at 11:58 PM.
Old 05-29-2012, 12:00 AM
Banned

Didn't want to say it, but I got the TL because it's anonymous and no one pays attention to you when you drive it. Sometimes it's good to drive a car that gets you zero attention.
I would say that the words "anonymous" and "4G Acura TL" are in strident contrast between them according to a lot of people....for better or for worse (depending on opinions and tastes).

The car is regarded either as the fugliest vehicle on the road or the most innovative breakthrough in car styling of the recent years.....make your pick....but anonymous definitely not.

Audis are much more understated....again, which is good or bad depending on opinions.
Old 05-29-2012, 12:14 AM
Three Wheelin'

Now you're just being silly. It's neither ugly nor a breakthrough in any way whatsoever. It's just a middle of the road family sedan with sporting pretensions without truly being outstanding in any one area, hence the continuing popularity in mainstream North America.
Old 05-29-2012, 01:30 AM
Banned

Now you're just being silly. It's neither ugly nor a breakthrough in any way whatsoever. It's just a middle of the road family sedan with sporting pretensions without truly being outstanding in any one area, hence the continuing popularity in mainstream North America.
I'm being silly?? Have you ever read the comments about the TL styling in the specialized press?? Not to mention forums...

Continuing popularity is a bit of a stretch considering the 50% drop in sales or so compared to the third generation....

I would never buy a car in function of other people perception (to do not draw attention or to draw attention), I buy a car because I like it...period...but that's me....

Last edited by saturno_v; 05-29-2012 at 01:35 AM.
Old 05-29-2012, 01:50 AM
Drifting

Received 96 Likes on 76 Posts
Nice to see some non-Acura-fanboy comments for a change (along with Bear's comment on Page 2).

Blackura, I'm just wondering why you think the back up camera isn't as good as the TL's. I've driven my new TL only a couple of times so far, but I absolutely hate how the lines on the camera don't turn as you turn the wheel like lots of other cars.

As for the Bang & Olufsen being inferior to the TL's stereo, I would also have to raise an eyebrow to that. The system on my R8 is pretty much the best stock car stereo I've come across so far.

I'm not sure why it's important to point out the TL outsells the A6. The TL is cheap. More people can afford it. But the A6 is the better car, in fact, so is the A4. There's no one in their right mind who would argue this.
Now those sound like Audi fanboy comments. Seriously, the A6 line as a whole is a step up compared to the TL line as a whole, specifically in terms of quality, luxury, and higher end feature availability and maybe more, which you also have to pay more for but it also has some downsides in comparison and it's only one step up at best before we get too crazy. Remember, the RL and A6 are regarded as direct competitors, the TL (more so the SH) is highly comparable to an RL, the A6 offers FWD trims, which should cover it, I don't think we need to go into more detail there.

As for as those two points the OP made, is it not possible for someone to find preference with the ELS and TL’s rearview camera or that they might actually just be better?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying they are, as it is largely subjective but I can say that the B&O in most Audi models (A6 included) is a "matrix" surround sound system, not fully compatible with DVD-A's or recognizing most other standard industry formats, while it might be able to play back some or even most, it does not do so in it's original intended format, where the TL's ELS does and that includes full "discrete" surround playback of DTS DVD-A's.

As to what sounds better, that is subjective although discrete is often preferred when it comes to DVD-A playback. When it comes to the camera, many people are probably impartial, myself included, but of the common complaints, it’s about the obstructive blue box (which may or may not be removable), that the moving lines are too dependent on the steering wheel and not the car's actual position, when in some cases it has sensors for parking, and that the rearview stays on too long after it’s no longer needed.

Just as you may raise an eyebrow to some of the responses on largely subjective matters, of which you may even be right, I’m not saying otherwise, you have to expect that others would do the same, especially when it also comes to the very same type of overly subjective matters.

Lots of brands make great cars and where Audi excels over Acura, it excels, where the A6 is better than the TL, it’s better (in a generalized and objective sense and vice versa) but you’re not going to tell me something along the lines of an A4 being well above the league of the TL in that same sense, it just doesn’t happen, very rare at best. An S4 well equipped may make that case but if you think an A4 does, then I would say you're out of your mind just the same.

What you accredit to being better generally also has a premium tag attached to it or you sacrifice in other areas like it being a smaller car, having a weaker engine, and may not be as well equipped, so those types of things are then expected but if you remove that from the equation and instead focus only on core attributes, you may not come away with the same conclusion. For example, despite what you are saying both the A/S4 and A6 were available to you but you got a TL, so clearly there was something there, depending on the specific criteria, that you found to be better, or at least a better choice on a personal level.

I happen to think there is more to it than just the anonymous factors which I'm not so sure actually exists and even so, one could do better in picking a vehicle for that purpose. I would say the TL is extremely noticeable but it's not taken too seriously at the same time, it doesn't have that superficial OMG, "me too" factor, which I also happen to like about it.

Last edited by winstrolvtec; 05-29-2012 at 01:59 AM.
Old 05-29-2012, 09:11 AM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hm. The A6 is a nice car, especially with all that technology. The problem that I have with the car is that at $54,120 I cant get a stick shift. I currently have a '10 TL SH AWD 6mt and previously had an '05 TL 6mt. I looked at the A6 and the A4. The A6 was a great looking car and my daughter did fit behinds me, but no MT.

The A4 for me is a three passenger car, as I am 6'3", and therefore not elligible. In that family the other option was the VW Passat, but you cant get the "loaded" car as a stick shift. Although the local VW sales person "claims" he could special order one from the factory with all the options and a stick.

Any way, I am happy with my '10 TL and I hope you enjoy your A6. I do like the LED DRL that the A6 has over the TL that I have.

Gregg
Old 05-29-2012, 09:43 AM
WDP 4G

Received 75 Likes on 67 Posts

I don't really get the moving lines of a back up camera. Its not like it moves to guide you in parking. It moves to you turning the wheel. Its not like your car is following the lines its just turning with the steering wheel. The TL's cam is simple but yet effective.

As for the system in your R8, I would hope the A6 don't come with the same system as an R8
Old 05-29-2012, 10:19 AM

i think he has forgotten us already
Old 05-29-2012, 10:34 AM
Cruisin'

Have to agree with you on your second point sebring...i wouldnt be quite so harsh on the TL...but your overall sentiment, at least for me is true. I think the TL does compete more in-line with the A4 (especially when the A4 had a v6 option)...but the TL is a tweener...not sure if it competes against the A4, A6 or for that matter the 3 or 5 series or C or E class or GS or ES/IS...confusing.
Old 05-29-2012, 11:00 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by winstrolvtec
Now those sound like Audi fanboy comments. Seriously, the A6 line as a whole is a step up compared to the TL line as a whole, specifically in terms of quality, luxury, and higher end feature availability and maybe more, which you also have to pay more for but it also has some downsides in comparison and it's only one step up at best before we get too crazy. Remember, the RL and A6 are regarded as direct competitors, the TL (more so the SH) is highly comparable to an RL, the A6 offers FWD trims, which should cover it, I don't think we need to go into more detail there.

As for as those two points the OP made, is it not possible for someone to find preference with the ELS and TL’s rearview camera or that they might actually just be better?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying they are, as it is largely subjective but I can say that the B&O in most Audi models (A6 included) is a "matrix" surround sound system, not fully compatible with DVD-A's or recognizing most other standard industry formats, while it might be able to play back some or even most, it does not do so in it's original intended format, where the TL's ELS does and that includes full "discrete" surround playback of DTS DVD-A's.

As to what sounds better, that is subjective although discrete is often preferred when it comes to DVD-A playback. When it comes to the camera, many people are probably impartial, myself included, but of the common complaints, it’s about the obstructive blue box (which may or may not be removable), that the moving lines are too dependent on the steering wheel and not the car's actual position, when in some cases it has sensors for parking, and that the rearview stays on too long after it’s no longer needed.

Just as you may raise an eyebrow to some of the responses on largely subjective matters, of which you may even be right, I’m not saying otherwise, you have to expect that others would do the same, especially when it also comes to the very same type of overly subjective matters.

Lots of brands make great cars and where Audi excels over Acura, it excels, where the A6 is better than the TL, it’s better (in a generalized and objective sense and vice versa) but you’re not going to tell me something along the lines of an A4 being well above the league of the TL in that same sense, it just doesn’t happen, very rare at best. An S4 well equipped may make that case but if you think an A4 does, then I would say you're out of your mind just the same.

What you accredit to being better generally also has a premium tag attached to it or you sacrifice in other areas like it being a smaller car, having a weaker engine, and may not be as well equipped, so those types of things are then expected but if you remove that from the equation and instead focus only on core attributes, you may not come away with the same conclusion. For example, despite what you are saying both the A/S4 and A6 were available to you but you got a TL, so clearly there was something there, depending on the specific criteria, that you found to be better, or at least a better choice on a personal level.

I happen to think there is more to it than just the anonymous factors which I'm not so sure actually exists and even so, one could do better in picking a vehicle for that purpose. I would say the TL is extremely noticeable but it's not taken too seriously at the same time, it doesn't have that superficial OMG, "me too" factor, which I also happen to like about it.
Me, and Audi fan-boy? You must be kidding. I'm the first to admit that no car I have ever owned, including any of the Audis, is the absolute best car out there. But then I also don't go around the internet saying that someone who went from a TL to an A6 made the wrong decision and that the TL was actually the better car. It simply is not. Yes, you pay more for an A6 and so it had better be the superior car, which it is. I'm not arguing that at all. I just take issue with the blinkered view that some people have where what they currently own must be the best, and if someone makes a conscious decision to upgrade to something better (and yes, perhaps paying more for it) that they must therefore have made the wrong decision. I see some people sincerely congratulating the OP for getting the A6, and I applaud that. There should be more people like that.

Frankly, I don't see how any of you can criticize someone for being objective about Acuras. I mean, I've had more than most of you, including the very finest that Acura has had to offer over the years. They're good cars. But there's always something better. And in the case of the A6 vs. TL argument, the A6 is the better car.
Old 05-29-2012, 11:04 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Bayman
Have to agree with you on your second point sebring...i wouldnt be quite so harsh on the TL...but your overall sentiment, at least for me is true. I think the TL does compete more in-line with the A4 (especially when the A4 had a v6 option)...but the TL is a tweener...not sure if it competes against the A4, A6 or for that matter the 3 or 5 series or C or E class or GS or ES/IS...confusing.
No worries, I'm not being harsh on the TL at all. I mean, I bought one. So I must have found something to like about it in order to make that decision. My post right above this one is all that I was getting at. We all just need to call a spade a spade. The only things I wish the current TL had are a flatter trunk, a slightly better designed trunk opening, and rear seats that fold down. I think that would add a lot more utility to the vehicle. Other than that, it's a good all-rounder that doesn't cost too much. In fact, that's the hallmark of many an Acura.
Old 05-29-2012, 11:08 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by eazy
I don't really get the moving lines of a back up camera. Its not like it moves to guide you in parking. It moves to you turning the wheel. Its not like your car is following the lines its just turning with the steering wheel. The TL's cam is simple but yet effective.

As for the system in your R8, I would hope the A6 don't come with the same system as an R8
Don't really understand what you're getting at with this. My R8's back-up camera is great, and definitely better than the one on the TL. The lines move so that you know where the car will go if you continue in that same trajectory. Of course it's following the lines.
Old 05-29-2012, 11:50 AM
Banned

Me, and Audi fan-boy? You must be kidding. I'm the first to admit that no car I have ever owned, including any of the Audis, is the absolute best car out there. But then I also don't go around the internet saying that someone who went from a TL to an A6 made the wrong decision and that the TL was actually the better car. It simply is not. Yes, you pay more for an A6 and so it had better be the superior car, which it is. I'm not arguing that at all. I just take issue with the blinkered view that some people have where what they currently own must be the best, and if someone makes a conscious decision to upgrade to something better (and yes, perhaps paying more for it) that they must therefore have made the wrong decision. I see some people sincerely congratulating the OP for getting the A6, and I applaud that. There should be more people like that.

Frankly, I don't see how any of you can criticize someone for being objective about Acuras. I mean, I've had more than most of you, including the very finest that Acura has had to offer over the years. They're good cars. But there's always something better. And in the case of the A6 vs. TL argument, the A6 is the better car.
If "better car" means having more optional equipment then the A6 is "better"...as any of the Germans...I do not personally necessarily agree with that definition of better.

Just to make a point, a Cadillac DTS is more expensive than a TL and it has more options....I'm not so sure it is a better car though....

And the A6 may well be overall a "fundamentally" better car....the problem is to see if it is that much better to justify that price difference.....

And again I find interesting that you did not buy the A6 wich from your point of view (which I respect) is a significantly better vehicle....it sounds strange to me....I can understand better the same opinion from someone that actually bought an A6....

Last edited by saturno_v; 05-29-2012 at 11:57 AM.
Old 05-29-2012, 01:06 PM
Drifting

Received 96 Likes on 76 Posts

I'm not calling you a fanboy or trying to label anybody in this way, it's more to counter the point you made about non-Acura fanboy comments. Personally, I can say that picking an A6 is rarely the wrong decision if money is not the object especially compared to the TL and I agree it is a step up in the luxury scale but that doesn't make it a better choice for everyone as we all have different sets of criteria for that.

I don't disagree with the premise that more is often unanimously considered better or higher. More luxury, more features, better quality, therefore higher price tags so it's better but the price usually dictates how much or how little of these things are involved. So naturally anyone would look at the TL line and A6 line and come to that conclusion and while I do not think a valid comparison between the two is totally off base, it's not a level comparison or playing field.

You can actually make the comparison more even and it brings on a totally different perspective and different outcomes as to what defines better. You can do this by better aligning the price points, where we would more specifically be looking at the A6 FWD 2.0T premium and premium plus models compared to the SH tech and advance, and not too distant, is the 3.0T AWD premium. That changes things a bit as opposed to viewing the entire lines and the 25%-30% gap in price differences.

It's not hard to decide that a more expensive vehicle with more content should be considered better but then there are many cars that are also better than the A6 at the same time for example and then how do we avoid the oversimplification of something being better just because it costs more? And also if that cost is well justified?

That's why you cannot over generalize it, many times trims and price points need to be more accurately aligned. Otherwise, we end up with comments that a comparably equipped and priced A4 is a better car, in another league even, when objectively speaking, compared to the TL and I would ask how so or how one comes away with that?

Not suggestiung the TL is better either, just curious as to why that is better and not this or why they are not equal but different or basically on the same level but one prefers x or y? I can understand the term better being used with the A6 as there is a solid gap there in many ways compared to the TL but it's not there with the A4 and that's not just me saying that, it's fairly unanimous.

Last edited by winstrolvtec; 05-29-2012 at 01:09 PM.
Old 05-29-2012, 01:12 PM

you guys need to STFU and stop ruining someone's thread....
The following users liked this post:
crazyasiantl (05-30-2012)
Old 05-29-2012, 01:28 PM
Three Wheelin'

If "better car" means having more optional equipment then the A6 is "better"...as any of the Germans...I do not personally necessarily agree with that definition of better.

Just to make a point, a Cadillac DTS is more expensive than a TL and it has more options....I'm not so sure it is a better car though....

And the A6 may well be overall a "fundamentally" better car....the problem is to see if it is that much better to justify that price difference.....

And again I find interesting that you did not buy the A6 wich from your point of view (which I respect) is a significantly better vehicle....it sounds strange to me....I can understand better the same opinion from someone that actually bought an A6....
Better does not mean having more optional equipment. I didn't say that anywhere.

Better is when you drive your car at high speeds over an expansion joint and you have a satisfying thunk rather than a rattly impact like the car is going to fall apart. Better is when you close the trunk on a car and it sounds like it really was built like a bank vault and not made of tinfoil. Better is when you're going 80 mph (or more) with strong cross winds and the car is absolutely rock steady with a minimum of wind and road noise. Better is when the car can be built so that the trunk is perfectly flat and the dubious structural rigidity doesn't preclude the ability to have folding rear seats.

None of these are optional equipment, but all of them are part of the formula for helping car buyers determine what "quality" is all about.

If optional equipment or features is all that is needed to make a car perceived as better or high quality, I think Acura, and increasingly so, Hyundai, probably take the cake.
Old 05-29-2012, 01:40 PM
Banned

Better does not mean having more optional equipment. I didn't say that anywhere.

Better is when you drive your car at high speeds over an expansion joint and you have a satisfying thunk rather than a rattly impact like the car is going to fall apart. Better is when you close the trunk on a car and it sounds like it really was built like a bank vault and not made of tinfoil. Better is when you're going 80 mph (or more) with strong cross winds and the car is absolutely rock steady with a minimum of wind and road noise.
...I totally agree and in this regard the TL has nothing to be left wanted compared to an A6...and before you say it, I did ride on the A6...

...and I actually like the fact that the TL is actually lighter than the A6 (comparing AWD trims for both) despite the highly publicized extensive use of lightweight materials on the Audi....

..and the question remain...why did you get the TL and not the A6 given this large differences in quality (in your opinion)?? It does not add up...Please spare the "driving something anonynous" excuse...it is a bit lame..

Last edited by saturno_v; 05-29-2012 at 01:50 PM.
Old 05-29-2012, 01:42 PM

why do i even bother with noobs
Old 05-29-2012, 04:17 PM
2010 TL AWD 6MT: New King

Received 165 Likes on 104 Posts
No worries, I'm not being harsh on the TL at all. I mean, I bought one. So I must have found something to like about it in order to make that decision. My post right above this one is all that I was getting at. We all just need to call a spade a spade. The only things I wish the current TL had are a flatter trunk, a slightly better designed trunk opening, and rear seats that fold down. I think that would add a lot more utility to the vehicle. Other than that, it's a good all-rounder that doesn't cost too much. In fact, that's the hallmark of many an Acura.
I have to agree with you here. Having had the TL for almost 3 years now, I'm definitely craving more utility, a flat trunk floor, and a rear fold down seats. The TL's utility is marginal at best, IMHO.

The TL SH-AWD 6MT is a fine vehicle, esp wrt performance and cabin space and comfort. It's lack of storage and trunk space is a big drawback I underestimated when I bought the vehicle.

However, IMHO I currently find it personally hard to justify trading it in for a 5 series, A6, or E class given the TL's solid Honda roots and reliability (with the exception of the 3rd gear popping issue)...unless I'm gunning for a badge or if I'm craving technology or utility [which is my biggest wish righ now] the TL does not offer that I absolutely must have, of if I begin to loathe something about the TL...

I look forward to the OPs review on the A6 as the car ages, and seeing how it fares reliability wise and how its driving dynamics and interior utility compares to the 4G TL.

Congratz to the OP on the A6!
Old 05-29-2012, 06:22 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by docboy
I have to agree with you here. Having had the TL for almost 3 years now, I'm definitely craving more utility, a flat trunk floor, and a rear fold down seats. The TL's utility is marginal at best, IMHO.

The TL SH-AWD 6MT is a fine vehicle, esp wrt performance and cabin space and comfort. It's lack of storage and trunk space is a big drawback I underestimated when I bought the vehicle.

However, IMHO I currently find it personally hard to justify trading it in for a 5 series, A6, or E class given the TL's solid Honda roots and reliability (with the exception of the 3rd gear popping issue)...unless I'm gunning for a badge or if I'm craving technology or utility [which is my biggest wish righ now] the TL does not offer that I absolutely must have, of if I begin to loathe something about the TL...

I look forward to the OPs review on the A6 as the car ages, and seeing how it fares reliability wise and how its driving dynamics and interior utility compares to the 4G TL.

Congratz to the OP on the A6!

Absolutely agree on the trunk size and folding seats issue....we did talk about several times before.....yesterday I had to transport a torch lamp and I had to use my wife's car (which is smaller than my TL)....

And I agree on the rest of your post too...we drive the same car after all!!! ....I find no reason to "upgrade" to a 535 or an A6 3.0

If I decide to stay on the sport sedan route what I consider an update will be a V8 and at least 400 hp machine....

Quick Reply: So Long Acura!!! You will be missed