Shopped a 2012 tonight - interesting info...

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 03:35 PM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
OK Thanks. They normally don't go that far out on a rate that low.
Old 05-26-2011, 03:39 PM
Banned

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
My dealer was giving out 0.9% for 60 months. I bought 1 month early and only got 1.9%.
Old 05-26-2011, 10:25 PM
BCA
7th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by JM2010 SH-AWD
Congrats on the new car. Good choice.
+1

First post for me here...been lurking for a couple of months. Was previously active on BMW forums (most recently, m3post) until I traded my 2009 M3 for my TL last month for financial (investment) reasons.

Jim, I rode in your car on a test drive on April 22, a week before I bought my TL from Champion. A co-worker of mine was actually the one that was driving yours and I was the front seat passenger...the one I drove a few minutes beforehand was a Graphite AWD Tech but my friend wanted to drive the Advance. I bought mine (2012 Black/Ebony AWD Tech) from them a week later on 4/29. I really wanted the Advance just because of the wheels but I didn't want another white car after having a couple of them over the past few years, so I guess that worked out well for you. Even though the TL doesn't exactly compare to my former M3 performance-wise, I'm really enjoying it so far! You will love yours.

By the way, not that it matters, but that's my white 2009 M3 sedan that they still have for sale on their used lot! It was absolutely immaculate (I'm a former detailer and keep my cars perfect) and I was disappointed to see in the photos that the greased up the interior with some random dressing, but it's still in awesome condition and I'm sure it will find a new home soon.

Sorry for the long first post but congrats and good luck with your TL!
Old 05-26-2011, 10:27 PM
BCA
7th Gear

Originally Posted by JM2010 SH-AWD
Congrats on the new car. Good choice.
+1

First post for me here...been lurking for a couple of months. Was previously active on BMW forums (most recently, m3post) until I traded my 2009 M3 for my TL last month for financial (investment) reasons.

Jim, I rode in your car on a test drive on April 22, a week before I bought my TL from Champion. A co-worker of mine was actually the one that was driving yours and I was the front seat passenger...the one I drove a few minutes beforehand was a Graphite AWD Tech but my friend wanted to drive the Advance. I bought mine (2012 Black/Ebony AWD Tech) from them a week later on 4/29. I really wanted the Advance just because of the wheels but I didn't want another white car after having a couple of them over the past few years, so I guess that worked out well for you. Even though the TL doesn't exactly compare to my former M3 performance-wise, I'm really enjoying it so far! You will love yours.

By the way, not that it matters, but that's my white 2009 M3 sedan that they still have for sale on their used lot! It was absolutely immaculate (I'm a former detailer and keep my cars perfect) and I was disappointed to see in the photos that they greased up the interior with some random dressing, but it's still in awesome condition and I'm sure it will find a new home soon.

Old 05-26-2011, 10:29 PM
BCA
7th Gear

^Sorry for the double posts...didn't mean to do that. I don't know why this forum doesn't seem to allow me to edit my posts (or maybe I just don't have that ability yet).

Mods...feel free to delete the duplication. Thanks.
Old 05-26-2011, 11:32 PM
Safety Car

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts
Welcome to the forums BCA! Congrats on the new TL.

M3 is Post some pics!!
Old 05-27-2011, 06:17 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 370 Likes on 209 Posts
Originally Posted by BCA
+1

By the way, not that it matters, but that's my white 2009 M3 sedan that they still have for sale on their used lot! It was absolutely immaculate (I'm a former detailer and keep my cars perfect) and I was disappointed to see in the photos that the greased up the interior with some random dressing, but it's still in awesome condition and I'm sure it will find a new home soon.

Thanks for sharing your story. How did you like the M3? I've always admired them.
Old 05-27-2011, 06:57 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,092 Likes on 714 Posts
Welcome BCA.. that is a cool "connecting" story. My car, from Sterling McCall was traded for from a dealer in Ft. Worth.
Old 05-27-2011, 10:25 AM
BCA
7th Gear

Originally Posted by jjsC5
Thanks for sharing your story. How did you like the M3? I've always admired them.
Originally Posted by Stew4HD
Welcome BCA.. that is a cool "connecting" story. My car, from Sterling McCall was traded for from a dealer in Ft. Worth.
Thanks.

The M3 was an incredible machine even though it was total overkill for a daily driver (I had no intentions of tracking it, at least until it got older). The fuel range was atrocious...with only about a 16-gallon tank and getting under 12 mpg in the city, you can do the math. I was filling up all the time. But other than that, I loved and miss it, and I plan to get the next-generation one when it's in its 2nd production year about 5 years from now.