New owner of 09 TL here, have some questions Thanks

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2015, 12:42 AM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New owner of 09 TL here, have some questions Thanks

Hi Acura community , i just purchased 09 TL Base with 60 K miles on it. Long time Subaru guy finally made a move to somethng different.
So far i like the fit and finish and power is decent.
Now to questions:

1. The guy that i got the car from bought it in 2014 from Acura dealer and it was certified car as far as i know.
How do i know if it's still has powertrain warranty left, does the warranty transfer from buyer to buyer ?

2. I'm at 60K, what major stuff needs to be done ? Fluids brakes etc ?

3. I have small issue with the car, did not notice at testdrive (my bad) whenever car is under load in 5th gear and downshifts to 4th i feel slight kick, not terrible but still it bothers me.
I read online on this forum that tranny fluid might be getting old or 4th gear pressure solenoid is getting bad, i found part and location on the car, but don't want to touch it if the car still has powertrain warranty on it, i called Acura today with a VIN and they said that regular warrranty expired, going to stop by dealer and show him certified sticker (it clearly stated 7 years/100K).
3. So beeing non tech package i want to install aftermarket NAVI in it, what are my real options there ? I saw couple DIY's here and there and also that there are aftermarket kits that would be able to make 2 din opening where current stereo lives .
To many questions for second post, and sorry that i did not search enough, just to much information to absorb.

Thanks for any help
Old 08-06-2015, 07:52 PM
10th Gear

Ok figured out, that i have warranty left till Jan 31 2016 (powertrain)
Taking it to stealership in 2 weeks , will see what they find with transmission and what else needs to be done.

I thought at least one person will respond to my post, whats up with everybody ?
Old 08-06-2015, 08:30 PM
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I can't comment too much on what you are asking but I will tell you that if you go for one of those double DIN conversion panels you will likely lose the temperature display and controls as far as I can tell (read it somewhere).

I'd simply stick to a new TOM-TOM or a Garmin and call it a day as far as the Navi goes. You can always buy the latest, greatest unit that will do the job or you can simply use your phone (Google Maps always finds better ways compared to our Garmin anyway).
Old 08-06-2015, 08:41 PM
10th Gear

I found the conversion kit online, all controls for heat and ac work , audio controls all gone, but you can put 2 din navi in and use harness for steering wheel contols, microfone etc. Looks clean, i just have to research it a bit more. The best thing is- is that i would be bale to put stock audio back.