New to the board (looking to lease TL) HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2011, 02:02 PM
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New to the board (looking to lease TL) HELP!

Hi everyone, I currently drive a honda accord exl-V6 W/Nav my lease is up in six months looking to turn it in early.... and I've been looking at the new Acura TL SH-AWD tech, I really like the Mayan Bronze matellic w/umber interior but haven't seen many of them on the st. or online.. Do u all mind posting ur pix if u have that color... I would love to see the different colors it reflects in certain lighting...
Old 01-05-2011, 02:37 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 222 Likes on 112 Posts
If you go to the photo gallery (at the top of the page next to "your account"), you may find pictures there.
Old 01-05-2011, 03:23 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,182 Likes on 1,210 Posts
https://acurazine.com/forums/4g-tl-photograph-gallery-296/got-mbm-mayan-bronze-metallic-703696/

Welcome to AcuraZine.
Old 01-05-2011, 04:02 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 609 Likes on 493 Posts
Originally Posted by Adourdomo
Hi everyone, I currently drive a honda accord exl-V6 W/Nav my lease is up in six months looking to turn it in early.... and I've been looking at the new Acura TL SH-AWD tech, I really like the Mayan Bronze matellic w/umber interior but haven't seen many of them on the st. or online.. Do u all mind posting ur pix if u have that color... I would love to see the different colors it reflects in certain lighting...
Welcome to AZ! Made the same switch at our house as well. The MBM/Umber would not be my choice, but I've seen it get a lot of attention at our dealer.
Old 01-05-2011, 04:46 PM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by Glashub
If you go to the photo gallery (at the top of the page next to "your account"), you may find pictures there.

Thank you so much
Old 01-05-2011, 04:47 PM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by Mr Marco
Welcome to AZ! Made the same switch at our house as well. The MBM/Umber would not be my choice, but I've seen it get a lot of attention at our dealer.

Thank you!
Old 01-07-2011, 03:40 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 169 Likes on 101 Posts
IMO, Mayan Bronze Metallic w/ Umber is Acura's best color combo ever...the M/ZDX Ionized Bronze Metallic w/ Umber is a close second (still don't understand why they separate the two colors)

Good luck with the lease and welcome to the board!
Old 01-07-2011, 03:47 PM
Trolling Canuckistan

Received 811 Likes on 644 Posts
Mayan Bronze/ umber is a good color combo to lease. Mayan Bronze (along with ionized bronze) are love/hate colors. They also run the risk of not being desirable on the used car market in a few years. If you lease, that doesn't matter at all, if you buy the car and want to trade it in or sell it in a few years, you need the color combo to be desirable. Very similar in concept to sundance gold metallic AKA pimp daddy gold on the CL-S, or the elusive burnished bronze 2004 MDX.
Old 02-06-2011, 07:55 PM
8th Gear

It's an awesome color combination. A little more than tough to find. We actually have an AWD base in the same color combination here on our lot that they've priced really agressively.
Old 02-06-2011, 09:20 PM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
That's my 2nd fav (after my Grigio/Umber combo of course)... you're right, not too many of those on the road, but that's a good thing, right?!?!
Old 02-16-2011, 11:17 AM
1st Gear

You guys are really messing with my head.

Head Mess-up 1: Hrmm, dupont says that Mayan Bronze and Ionized Bronze are the SAME color code. Is this not right?! Are they not the same? I was under the impression they just renamed it for the newer models.

Head Mess-up 2: I just convinced myself that BRONZE would the best color for resale value in the future, but the opposite seems to be the consensus here. I've been researching colors and color trends lately. I have hit the road visiting EVERY dealership of luxury vehicles. Every "expert" says that bronze is the new "black" for high-end vehicles... i.e. VOLVO=Terra Bronze, BMW=Sparkling Bronze, HYUNDAI=Sierra Bronze, TOYOTA=Sunset Bronze(which is amazing), SUBARU= Caramel Bronze... and many more. Volvo's research team is firmly convinced they have seen the future and it is shades of copper and bronze. "...among the more affluent, there is a clear trend right now toward warm metallic shades such as gold, bronze and copper." Terra Bronze is Volvo's second biggest selling color.

One car reviewer said something like this about the new copper/bronze colors, "The world is full of boring cars and loud obnoxiously colored cars. What we lack are beautiful, sexy, classy cars that are at the same time some how… understated." As if I needed more convincing.

Head Mess-up 3: Now I don't know what to do. I am purchasing an MDX, but I am selling my Yukon Denali first. My Denali has some "deer damage" requiring repair to the front and lower left side. The current "silver birch" color is blah with a humdrum ho hum thrown in. So, I decided to do a simple Chip Foose style two-tone paint treatment to kick it up a notch, yet still keep it classy and restrained. I chose Acura's Ionized Bronze for the bottom half, keeping the silver birch(which has a gold/tan tinge) from the pinstriping area up. I wanted to update the look and to set it apart from the competition, but not look all customized. Am I crazy?

Last edited by Bearcat94; 02-16-2011 at 12:04 PM. Reason: fixed smilies