Looking for the right Acura TL Model

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2011, 03:41 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Looking for the right Acura TL Model

I been driving around and I see many Acura TL cars, but their are 1 of 2 of them that caught my eye. The color is the dark grey color and I think its a SH-AWD. But I don't know which model it is I know the 2009-2011, the models look similar, but I can describe to you, it was really polished and shiny lol thats about it. But does anyone know or have can get me full angle images of the Acura TL Grey 2009-2011.Maybe it was Grigio Metallic ? I am not sure and its making me go crazy.

Also I am trying to lease/finance it when I find the right one. But I went to a Acura Dealership here in Brooklyn, New York but the guy told me that I can't lease a 2011 or older vehicle and I can lease the 2012 one, which I do not like.

So can anyone direct me to the right model I am talking about?

I think it is the Acura TL Grigio Metallic, but I am not sure.

Please any comments are appreciated.
Old 10-20-2011, 04:45 PM

Received 1,021 Likes on 793 Posts
first of all, use google images.

secondly, yes you can lease/finance 2011, you just have to find the right dealer. never accept no for an answer or "but you can do this" for an answer. go there, demand it, or walk out and go to another dealer.

drive a little further to get better deals.

remember your stuck wiht this car for years, so a long distance drive is nothing for you to be worried about.
Old 10-20-2011, 04:48 PM
Cruisin'

MoeTree -

I dont have picks of the car you are interested in, however, the TL is a very nice car. I recently leased a 2009 TL SH-AWD Tech package which at 23,000 miles on it date of signing the papers. Technically, you can lease any year/make and model car dealerships dont tell people this though because they want you to lease the newest model out. As far as finding the right car for you. The SH-AWD has a quad exhaust tip so look out for that and the tech package (which is a must for the TL) comes with a trunk lip spoiler which houses the back-up cam. Keep an eye out for those two cars as I am pretty sure its the 09-11 SH-AWD Tech TL ur looking for. Good luck
Old 10-20-2011, 05:17 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by BluMagic89
MoeTree -

I dont have picks of the car you are interested in, however, the TL is a very nice car. I recently leased a 2009 TL SH-AWD Tech package which at 23,000 miles on it date of signing the papers. Technically, you can lease any year/make and model car dealerships dont tell people this though because they want you to lease the newest model out. As far as finding the right car for you. The SH-AWD has a quad exhaust tip so look out for that and the tech package (which is a must for the TL) comes with a trunk lip spoiler which houses the back-up cam. Keep an eye out for those two cars as I am pretty sure its the 09-11 SH-AWD Tech TL ur looking for. Good luck

MoeTree -

Nice! 2009 TL SH-AWD? What color? And how much did you pay Down payment and how much did you pay monthly ? what you mean don’t tell people if I want to lease/finance? How would I get the car ? lol and yeah you are right they want me to lease the new one. Yeah man it is between 09-11 TL SH-AWD, but I need help finding those models in person so I can see which one is it that I want.
Old 10-20-2011, 07:45 PM
Cruisin'

Yeahh, do a search on acura.com, search for dealerships in your area and go to their certified preowned section and look for the color and you want. I find that to be the best way because unlike google, its the actual car with real pics ur looking at. It was a great deal i couldn't walk away from. I put down $1000 and pay $440 per month for 3 years. The color is Palladium Metallic. Car is completely covered and they signed me up for VIP service. Keep shopping around and U will find the car and deal that's right for you.

Last edited by BluMagic89; 10-20-2011 at 07:47 PM.
Old 10-20-2011, 07:47 PM
Intermediate

Yeahh, do a search on acura.com, search for dealerships in your area and go to their certified preowned section and look for the color and you want. I find that to be the best way because unlike google, its the actual car with real pics ur looking at. It was a great deal i couldn't walk away from. I put down $1000 and pay $440 per month for 3 years. Car is completely covered and they signed me up for VIP service. Keep shopping around and U will find the car and deal for you.

I see, I have a question man is my car going to be used or unused??? and if I put more down the payment gets lower right?
Old 10-20-2011, 08:01 PM
Cruisin'

well certified pre-owned is used but not in the sense of a "used car" it has to pass a rigorous inspection by acura, they clean it, fill all the fluids including gas and oil and they wash and wax it. It essentially a new car and ur covered for 95% of the lease life so you will never pay anything out of pocket for repairs unless it body work. I bring my car in all the time if something is bothering me and they fix it along with a free loaner car. They are a tier one company and will really work with u to satisfy ur experience. 2009 and up, even an 08 tl type-s is worth leasing in my opinion. Very good, solid built cars. And yes, the more u put down the less u will pay monthly. For every $1000 u put down, ur monthly payments will be $25-30 less, sometimes $40 less per month. so try and put down $3000, that.s a solid number.
Old 10-20-2011, 08:13 PM
Intermediate

well certified pre-owned is used but not in the sense of a "used car" it has to pass a rigorous inspection by acura, they clean it, fill all the fluids including gas and oil and they wash and wax it. It essentially a new car and ur covered for 95% of the lease life so you will never pay anything out of pocket for repairs unless it body work. I bring my car in all the time if something is bothering me and they fix it along with a free loaner car. They are a tier one company and will really work with u to satisfy ur experience. 2009 and up, even an 08 tl type-s is worth leasing in my opinion. Very good, solid built cars. And yes, the more u put down the less u will pay monthly. For every $1000 u put down, ur monthly payments will be $25-30 less, sometimes $40 less per month. so try and put down $3000, that.s a solid number.

Hmmm I see. So even if I lease this pre owned. I still get free repairs which is known as a loner service ONLY within the leasing period right? Yeah man I’ll put down 5,000 no problem!

I just need to find that right model/year, what do you suggest only the acura.com search? But It only shows the 2012 models. Anyway what do you suggest to find the model/year I want?
Old 10-20-2011, 08:24 PM
Cruisin'

werdd.. you will be straight with 5k down. Yes, you will be covered most likely non-powertrain til 70,000 miles and powertrain til 100,000 miles. Long after you will prob give the car back. However, if ur gonna lease, putting 5k down is kinda a tough move. U want to keep as mush money in ur pocket cause in the end its not ur car. Give em 3k down and say u want it for 400-420 per month and see what they say. Follow this link: http://www.acura.com/certifiedpreowned.aspx

That should take u where u wanna go.

Acuras hold great value and the 2010-2011 might be a lil more.....a 2010-2010 TL SH-AWD Tech Pkg with descent mileage (20-25k) will run you in the mid to high 30k rangeee. But if u lease u dnt have to tack on GAP insurance, warranty and this and that. its straight car u are paying for not all these fees

Last edited by BluMagic89; 10-20-2011 at 08:26 PM.
Old 10-20-2011, 10:54 PM
Pro

Received 42 Likes on 41 Posts
Hey man I'd suggest going down to paragon Acura in queens they have a large selection of preowned vehicles. I got a few guys I'm close with down there, let me know if your interested in going down there I'll refer you to a guy I know they'll hook you up .
Old 10-21-2011, 07:00 AM
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts
Yeahh, do a search on acura.com, search for dealerships in your area and go to their certified preowned section and look for the color and you want. I find that to be the best way because unlike google, its the actual car with real pics ur looking at. It was a great deal i couldn't walk away from. I put down $1000 and pay $440 per month for 3 years. The color is Palladium Metallic. Car is completely covered and they signed me up for VIP service. Keep shopping around and U will find the car and deal that's right for you.

help me understand this; your put $1K down and are paying $440/month for a 2009? you do realize if you go to acura you can lease a brand new 2012 for $440/month with 0 down?

link:

http://www.acura.com/tools/shopping/...?model=TL&zip=
Old 10-21-2011, 10:26 AM
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Omaralt - you have a great point if we consider leasing options, but BluMagic will "OWN" the car at the end of three years, a car worth say $15K or more. At the end of a $440\mth lease you have nothing (maybe a little tax incentive if you lease again), and must start again with a downpayment and a most likely higher lease payment.
Old 10-21-2011, 10:53 AM
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by englishtony2002
Omaralt - you have a great point if we consider leasing options, but BluMagic will "OWN" the car at the end of three years, a car worth say $15K or more. At the end of a $440\mth lease you have nothing (maybe a little tax incentive if you lease again), and must start again with a downpayment and a most likely higher lease payment.
i dont understand, he wont own the car; he's leasing.. at the end of the three years he gives the car back to the dealership and he owns nothing..am i missing something here?
Old 10-21-2011, 12:09 PM
Intermediate

werdd.. you will be straight with 5k down. Yes, you will be covered most likely non-powertrain til 70,000 miles and powertrain til 100,000 miles. Long after you will prob give the car back. However, if ur gonna lease, putting 5k down is kinda a tough move. U want to keep as mush money in ur pocket cause in the end its not ur car. Give em 3k down and say u want it for 400-420 per month and see what they say. Follow this link: http://www.acura.com/certifiedpreowned.aspx

That should take u where u wanna go.

Acuras hold great value and the 2010-2011 might be a lil more.....a 2010-2010 TL SH-AWD Tech Pkg with descent mileage (20-25k) will run you in the mid to high 30k rangeee. But if u lease u dnt have to tack on GAP insurance, warranty and this and that. its straight car u are paying for not all these fees
I have a question if I am leasing and I put 5k down, and I decide not to keep the car, what the hell is the point of putting a down payment? That money will be gone and I’ll just make monthly payments, but its logically if I put down on a Finance, then it makes sense. But not on a lease, right?

When you say with decent mileage (20-25k) that means I am allowed only to use between 20-25k miles?

Originally Posted by NYSoni
Hey man I'd suggest going down to paragon Acura in queens they have a large selection of preowned vehicles. I got a few guys I'm close with down there, let me know if your interested in going down there I'll refer you to a guy I know they'll hook you up .
I heard about paragon acura, but do you think they might have the 2009, 2010 and 2011 Acura TL SH-AWD? So I can determine which one I want? If so yeah man I’ll be more then happy to go I live in Brooklyn, NY my phone number is 347-707-8046

For everyone, reading this can someone post images please, because it is hard to find them on Google the RIGHT cars. Can someone post images of the 2009, 2010, 2011 Acura TL-SH AWD Dark Grey/Polished Grigo Metallic, please
Old 10-21-2011, 01:26 PM
Cruisin'

omaralt....thats for a base model stock 2012 TL, not a fully loaded SH-AWD. And i also have no mileage limit. I wanst getting a 2012 TL base for $440/month with 10k miles allowed a year....helllll nooo! lol I am also not a fan of the new 2012 body style, i love the 09-11 body because its bigger and wider. My car will be worth 16,800 at the end of the lease in 3 years. i will be paying 16,000 over those 3 years. Hence the car was retailing for around 31k when i signed. I will most likely be getting into new TL in 2 years instead of 3 they said dnt worry if u want to get out early, if u get into another acura we will eat all fees if u want to get out a yr ealry...thats something i am comfortable with..

Moetree.. leasing is a lott cheaper than financing and truth is you will prob get tired of the car before the end of a 5 year finance period. U will also be upside down in equity if u want to get rid of it early. Ur best bet is to put down as little as possible on a lese this way ur covered and u can get into a new car every 2-3 years without worrying abou negative equity. U are also covered for the time of ur lease when u lease when u finance all those warranties run out and ur stuck with the bill.
Old 10-21-2011, 02:32 PM
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 20 Posts
I've got paragon Acura on my shit list.
Old 10-21-2011, 02:36 PM
Intermediate

omaralt....thats for a base model stock 2012 TL, not a fully loaded SH-AWD. And i also have no mileage limit. I wanst getting a 2012 TL base for $440/month with 10k miles allowed a year....helllll nooo! lol I am also not a fan of the new 2012 body style, i love the 09-11 body because its bigger and wider. My car will be worth 16,800 at the end of the lease in 3 years. i will be paying 16,000 over those 3 years. Hence the car was retailing for around 31k when i signed. I will most likely be getting into new TL in 2 years instead of 3 they said dnt worry if u want to get out early, if u get into another acura we will eat all fees if u want to get out a yr ealry...thats something i am comfortable with..

Moetree.. leasing is a lott cheaper than financing and truth is you will prob get tired of the car before the end of a 5 year finance period. U will also be upside down in equity if u want to get rid of it early. Ur best bet is to put down as little as possible on a lese this way ur covered and u can get into a new car every 2-3 years without worrying abou negative equity. U are also covered for the time of ur lease when u lease when u finance all those warranties run out and ur stuck with the bill.

Yeah man I don’t like the design on the 2012, I think they ruined it. Me and you are the same we are into the 2009 through 2011.

That’s not entirely true. It is cheaper yeah but it depends if you want to keep the car then finance. What I am trying to do is to test my desire if I want to keep the car or not. To do so, I have to lease, If I feel like I want to keep it, I will pay the car difference entirely off. If not I will leave the lease and find another car.

Originally Posted by diddy_nyc
I've got paragon Acura on my shit list.
Why?
Old 10-21-2011, 02:55 PM
Intermediate

Calling all Acura TL Fanatics!

Ok, I want a Acura TL badly, I am driving a Subaru Outback 2001..just letting you know the sense of urgency I am in need.

I can't seem to find a solid dimensional imagery of the Acura TL 2009, 2010 and 2011 so I can actually choose which model type/year I want.

If someone has the time can they place post the Acura TL SH-AWD 2009, 2010 and 2011.

The type of body I want is BASED on what I seeminly found that was what I seen around where I lived almost matched the designs listed on this site...Grigio Metallic and/or Polished Metal Metallic. But I want to see the 3 different types of cars within 2009-2011 so I know what year and type of color I want when I buy it...

When I find the right year of the car, what happens next? Can I just request it at any Acura Dealership? or I have to find them myself pre-owned at dealerships with those type of designs of the Acura?

But I want to see the difference in designs in those 3 model year cars, if someone can really help me...would mean alot.

This thread is in correlation with:https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=836470/
Old 10-21-2011, 02:59 PM
Racer

Long story short

Went there to get a 2011 TL AWD Tech and they offered me 5k on my 04 TL trade-in w/ 70k miles.
Old 10-21-2011, 03:03 PM
Intermediate

Long story short

Went there to get a 2011 TL AWD Tech and they offered me 5k on my 04 TL trade-in w/ 70k miles.

I don't know if thats a bad thing lol I am not to familiar with this man. But can you check my new thread on this section and help me out bro?

https://acurazine.com/forums/4g-tl-2009-2014-123/calling-all-acura-tl-fanatics-836552/

I can't and don't know what kind is it and where to get it.
Old 10-21-2011, 03:08 PM
Racer

5K aint worth the shit that comes out of a cats ass. I received double the trade-in value from a dealer in VA.
Old 10-21-2011, 03:15 PM
Racer

Try this

https://acurazine.com/forums/4g-tl-photograph-gallery-296/tl-picture-threads-706046/

By the way, where in Brooklyn are you located?

https://acurazine.com/forums/4g-tl-photograph-gallery-296/polished-metal-metallic-vs-grigio-metallic-vs-borealis-blue-705858/

Last edited by Steven Bell; 10-22-2011 at 12:16 AM. Reason: Merged Posts.
Old 10-21-2011, 03:17 PM
Intermediate

Try this

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=706046

By the way, where in Brooklyn are you located?

Moved to Bensonhurst recently man. What about you?

You are the man!!!!!!!!!!! What year are those ?

Last edited by Steven Bell; 10-22-2011 at 12:16 AM. Reason: Merged Posts.
Old 10-21-2011, 03:29 PM
Racer

They are both from the 09-11 model years.

Im in the ditmas park area of brooklyn.

Last edited by Steven Bell; 10-22-2011 at 12:17 AM. Reason: Merged Posts.
Old 10-21-2011, 03:30 PM
Intermediate

They are both from the 09-11 model years.

lol are you being sarcastic? well yeah but thats what I am trying to find out which model year I want so how can I see them in person though? What is the best way to find/get them and determine which one I want? How do i see all 3 of them
Old 10-21-2011, 03:35 PM
Intermediate

Yeah I know Treblig, but how can I know which one is which, how can I see them in person to determine which one I want?
Old 10-21-2011, 03:40 PM
Drifting

Received 218 Likes on 174 Posts
Originally Posted by MoeTee
Yeah I know Treblig, but how can I know which one is which, how can I see them in person to determine which one I want?
Sorry MoeTee, short of corralling one car from each model year I'm not sure how to do that. They all really look the same.
Old 10-21-2011, 03:51 PM
Racer

I'm not being sarcastic. Maybe im not understanding something here. Let's try this again...The two colors you have in mind were produced in the 09-11 model years. I'd like to know how seeing them would determines the model year you'll get when for three years, the two paint colors are the same.

Check this out. http://vtec.net/news/news-image?image=769060/09tlcc.jpg

I suggest finding dealers that are within a reasonable proximity to you that has both colors. Try www.cars.com or the acura website under CPO and sort by color

Last edited by diddy_nyc; 10-21-2011 at 03:55 PM.
Old 10-21-2011, 04:33 PM

2009-2011 all the same besides color change and trim type.. base and tech and sh-awd. otherwise they are about 90% identical exterior and interior.

the only concern you should have is either you want a auto/stick or base/tech besides the color..

oem lip kit is optional.

you really dont need to create a thread for this as you can find out pretty much everything about 2009 to 2011 model via google.. dont know why you didnt start there..
Old 10-21-2011, 04:49 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by potmilkz
2009-2011 all the same besides color change and trim type.. base and tech and sh-awd. otherwise they are about 90% identical exterior and interior.

the only concern you should have is either you want a auto/stick or base/tech besides the color..

oem lip kit is optional.

you really dont need to create a thread for this as you can find out pretty much everything about 2009 to 2011 model via google.. dont know why you didnt start there..
To answer your question, I want a SH-AWD Tech package included…

So when I go to the dealership what year should I ask for? And will all Acura dealers have the Grigio/Polished Metallic design? Or do I have to request it?

I'm not being sarcastic. Maybe im not understanding something here. Let's try this again...The two colors you have in mind were produced in the 09-11 model years. I'd like to know how seeing them would determines the model year you'll get when for three years, the two paint colors are the same.

Check this out. http://vtec.net/news/news-image?image=769060/09tlcc.jpg

I suggest finding dealers that are within a reasonable proximity to you that has both colors. Try www.cars.com or the acura website under CPO and sort by color

I think I found it but I am not to sure if its it: What you think?
http://www.ramseyacura.com/used/Acur...23f0811e08.htm

Last edited by Steven Bell; 10-22-2011 at 12:18 AM. Reason: Merged Posts.
Old 10-21-2011, 05:19 PM
2016 Acura TLX

Received 137 Likes on 89 Posts
Don't narrow it down by year (2009-2011), since they are all the same. Just tell the dealer you want SH-AWD and the tech package. If you want a particular color, tell them that too. There is no point in selecting a particular year unless price is a concern; older cars will be cheaper.
Old 10-21-2011, 05:31 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by honda_nut
Don't narrow it down by year (2009-2011), since they are all the same. Just tell the dealer you want SH-AWD and the tech package. If you want a particular color, tell them that too. There is no point in selecting a particular year unless price is a concern; older cars will be cheaper.
Yeah but I am not a big fan of the body of the 2012 I seen it and eh I kinda like the 2009-2011 more.
Old 10-21-2011, 05:35 PM

2009 and 2011 is the same, its milage and trim you want to be worried about..

if you had a burger from mcdonalds 3 days ago and 2 days and just today laying on your kitchen table.. at the end their all burgers and your still able to eat them.. but it's the freshest one you want to eat.. one you would think you would like to eat because it seems good to you..

pick any year from 2009 to 2011 as long as it meets your standards.. there is absoultely no changes between the years.
Old 10-21-2011, 05:40 PM
6G TLX-S

Received 1,143 Likes on 817 Posts
If I remember correctly, Acura didn't offer manual transmission in the short-run 2011 TL's.
Old 10-21-2011, 05:46 PM
Intermediate

2009 and 2011 is the same, its milage and trim you want to be worried about..

if you had a burger from mcdonalds 3 days ago and 2 days and just today laying on your kitchen table.. at the end their all burgers and your still able to eat them.. but it's the freshest one you want to eat.. one you would think you would like to eat because it seems good to you..

pick any year from 2009 to 2011 as long as it meets your standards.. there is absoultely no changes between the years.
What do you mean milage and trim ? I am sorry I am not familiar with those terms lol

You are right about the burger lol but the pre owned 2009-2011 are certified inspected and I still am untitled for all loner repairs and services within the time frame of the agreement, so lol

Well then if they are all the same like you say they are I’d like the 2011 I guess. And find the type of polished metallic color and the dark pale interior and SH-AWD with Tech
Old 10-21-2011, 06:20 PM

first of all. are you looking for used or new.

used, then it can be any year.

new, i can only say 2011 and 2012 are your only choices..

when i mean trims i mean base or tech package. AWD or FWD.

its like looking at a v4 accord or v6.. they might look the same but different trims..

take my advice, get a 2011 or 2012 new. dont get used..

polished metallic color and the dark pale interior and SH-AWD with Tech
good luck on that buddy, its kinda hard to find that combo in a 2011 since they are almost all sold out to begin with

Last edited by Steven Bell; 10-22-2011 at 12:19 AM. Reason: Merged Posts.
Old 10-21-2011, 09:51 PM
Intermediate

first of all. are you looking for used or new.

used, then it can be any year.

new, i can only say 2011 and 2012 are your only choices..

when i mean trims i mean base or tech package. AWD or FWD.

its like looking at a v4 accord or v6.. they might look the same but different trims..

take my advice, get a 2011 or 2012 new. dont get used..
I am looking for a new one man. 2011 is fine since it falls in the same bodystype as I am seeking you know? And I am going for the SH-AWD .

I found a used 2010 Acura TL 3.7 w/Technology Pkg SH-AWD Sedan…but I am still searching do you know where I can get a new one?
Old 10-21-2011, 10:58 PM
Intermediate

Ok fellas I found ONE dealership that has in stock both Polished Metal Metallic or Grigio Metallic 2011..I will give them a call to confirm its existence. Also made a personal list of all leasing/dealership companies.

Looks like I am going to be shopping around.

My plan is test my desire to either keep the car or not, to do so. I am going to LEASE first, see if I don't like it by any means, BUT if I decide I want to keep it, after the lease I will pay the difference in full or finance it.

Based off that, anyone has any tips to get the lowest monthly payment and lowest down payment when I lease ?
Old 10-21-2011, 11:00 PM
Intermediate

Ok fellas I found ONE dealership that has in stock both Polished Metal Metallic or Grigio Metallic 2011..I will give them a call to confirm its existence. Also made a personal list of all leasing/dealership companies.

Looks like I am going to be shopping around.

My plan is test my desire to either keep the car or not, to do so. I am going to LEASE first, see if I don't like it by any means, BUT if I decide I want to keep it, after the lease I will pay the difference in full or finance it.

Based off that, anyone has any tips to get the lowest monthly payment and lowest down payment when I lease ?
Old 10-22-2011, 12:21 AM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
Best of luck on your search and welcome to the site.

By the way (for all of you), in the lower right hand corner of each post, the middle icon is a multi-quote button. This allows you to response to more than one person/posting in a single response.

Moe, I've also merged your two threads together, because they are basically talking about the same thing. One thread per subject will siffice.

Cheers.

Last edited by Steven Bell; 10-22-2011 at 12:23 AM.

Quick Reply: Looking for the right Acura TL Model