LH drivers mirror

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2019, 01:40 PM
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
LH drivers mirror

Well if this doesn't beat everything. My mirror cracked in winter and got a replacement in the spring and finally was going to fix today. I had started to try and fix it a couple months ago but it wasn't working so decided to do when i had more time. Finally got it off and it doesn't match at all! so the factory mirror must have been broken and was replaced with aftermarket. I knew the car had minor accident on carfax before I bought last fall but couldn't find anything structural so now I know it was the left mirror that was broken I assume.

And when i tried before I heard a pop and the up down stopped working and looks like I broke an actuator pin on bottom. Any suggestions? Guess I could try to to find one at boneyard and swap out whole assembly . I am so pissed off now. I also really cracked the one that was on more but can still see with it so guess I will pop back on for now. The part number is polyway 4207-01006-02 and after googling found it is aftermarket but I have no idea who made the whole mirror assembly.

Last edited by mdb007; 09-22-2019 at 01:43 PM.
Old 10-03-2019, 09:58 PM
Advanced

I ended up buy whole actual Acura mirror assembly for $75 from bone yard in Columbus. It has a few scratches I will have to touchup. Anyone have instructions on removing inside panel to access? going to check youtube for vids. I know Honda loves to make those door panels tight and don't want to break my clips.
Old 10-04-2019, 06:02 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,004 Likes on 1,424 Posts
Link to service manual:
https://acurazine.com/forums/fourth-...manual-956811/

That aftermarket mirror is going to give you lots of trouble in the first picture, the mounting method is way different than factory!

Removing the door panel isn't that bad, just remember to reconnect all the wires!

Also you can take out the actuator assembly from the mirror housing and just replace that bit from the used mirror, its a couple screws and the harness! Here's a pic of the diagram item 8/9 depending on side:
https://www.acuraoemparts.com/v-2014...bumper--mirror

That way you don't have to worry about scratches! I'd take the old mirror off and remove the actuator from it on a table with towels so you don't scratch the outside. Take the guts out of the used mirror and put it in yours! No need for touchups!

Last edited by csmeance; 10-04-2019 at 06:05 PM.
The following users liked this post:
mdb007 (10-04-2019)
Old 10-04-2019, 07:22 PM
Advanced

Thanks CS!
Crap so I didn't need to buy the whole mirror I could have just bought the actuator? Being after market I wasn't sure if the mounting of actuator was the same as their clip for the mirror is obviously different. I did find an ok youtube video for removing mirror assembly.. It looks like there are two screws which need removed and a clip or two? What do you mean the aftermarket will be a bear. I would think it has the same 3 bolts that hold it in? Fortunately I am taking to my father-in laws, he has a garage with every tool possible. I would prefer to keep my mirror housing as it has no scratches. And thanks for link to service manual and phillip anderson for supplying.
Old 10-05-2019, 07:16 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,004 Likes on 1,424 Posts
Originally Posted by mdb007
Thanks CS!
Crap so I didn't need to buy the whole mirror I could have just bought the actuator? Being after market I wasn't sure if the mounting of actuator was the same as their clip for the mirror is obviously different. I did find an ok youtube video for removing mirror assembly.. It looks like there are two screws which need removed and a clip or two? What do you mean the aftermarket will be a bear. I would think it has the same 3 bolts that hold it in? Fortunately I am taking to my father-in laws, he has a garage with every tool possible. I would prefer to keep my mirror housing as it has no scratches. And thanks for link to service manual and phillip anderson for supplying.
The service manual will tell you how exactly to take the door panel off and take apart the mirror to the littlest pieces! It can be a bear to load since it's a large PDF.

That aftermarket mirror in the first picture! You made out pretty well with that mirror so it's not an issue. Just swap over the actuator and you'll be good to go!
Old 10-05-2019, 08:09 PM
Advanced

LOL Oh the pdf is a bear! I was able to download, will print out just the pages I need. Yeah It bogged down in my browser. Gonna try to go to my father-inlaws next saturday and do this. He has a nice big pole barn. Plus i need to get on lift I have clicking i think ball joint is going.
Old 10-26-2019, 12:50 PM
Advanced

Oh I never responded back. I changed the mirror out 2 weekends ago. The manual helped a lot knowing where the clips are at. I am going to have to get one of the green retaining clips though, it's not broken but just doesn't stay snapped in. I am taking the old mirror casing apart this winter and will pull the guts out and swap the casing in spring. It was pretty straight forward we took our time and it was maybe an hour and a half to do. There is some weather stripping on top bottom edge of door where to top of window goes up in you need to get back in the channel and I think there is a 3" piece on front bottom I feel that is not quite all the way in.