Three Wheelin'

Received 370 Likes on 209 Posts
Originally Posted by NwTSXmt
American Honda Vehicle Sales For June 2011

TL *
2,296 2011

2,702 2010

Go figure...
I just read an article in this mornings Houston Chronicle - all Japanese car sales were way down in June. I wouldn't read anything into the TL sales being down.
Old 07-02-2011, 06:57 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,092 Likes on 714 Posts
Let the blood letting begin.....
Old 07-02-2011, 07:05 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts
No blood letting is needed Mr. Stew...I just posted the figures..We all have great vehicles
Old 07-02-2011, 07:12 AM
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by NwTSXmt
American Honda Vehicle Sales For June 2011

TL *
2,296 2011

2,702 2010

Go figure...
http://www.freep.com/article/2011070...xt%7CFRONTPAGE

It's all about the earthquake.
Old 07-02-2011, 08:55 AM
KES
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I agree it is all about the earthquake.

I am a buyer waiting to buy. There is no selection on the dealer lots and the few cars that they do have they want MSRP (or $500 off).

I am patiently waiting and will be looking to have the TL in the driveway by September.
Old 07-02-2011, 10:22 AM
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by KES
I agree it is all about the earthquake.
Yeah! The Earthquake! It's what did in sales of 2009-2011 too! Let's ignore that Honda itself said the TL would be unaffected by the earthquake because they "are supported by the company's 600-plus North American suppliers".

And let's ignore that the TL was designed in the U.S. and built in the U.S., and that two of Fox's Ten Most American cars are Hondas, including the Accord built in the same plant. Most "American" cars have more foreign parts than the Acura TL.
The following 2 users liked this post by TechnoCat:
boe_d (07-04-2011), Shellyduchsk8s (07-05-2011)
Old 07-02-2011, 10:48 AM
6G TLX-S

Received 1,160 Likes on 829 Posts
We just went through this TL sales decline talk back in the "May sales" thread.

Why on earth do we have to repeat this all over again !?

Can we just cut and paste the old posts into here if people find it absolutely necessary to keep repeating the same discussion ?
Old 07-02-2011, 04:01 PM
Suzuka Master

which is why I mentioned the "blood letting" by the chronic haters..

LOl, we could easily cut/paste the negative and the defender responses
Old 07-02-2011, 05:00 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by TechnoCat
Yeah! The Earthquake! It's what did in sales of 2009-2011 too! Let's ignore that Honda itself said the TL would be unaffected by the earthquake because they "are supported by the company's 600-plus North American suppliers".

And let's ignore that the TL was designed in the U.S. and built in the U.S., and that two of Fox's Ten Most American cars are Hondas, including the Accord built in the same plant. Most "American" cars have more foreign parts than the Acura TL.
TechnoCat, the question was regarding 2011 and 2012 June sales. This is not about sales of the 4G since 2009. IMHO, the sales dates the OP's stated ARE the result of the Earthquake. The new look of the 2012 is more acceptable then prior years to the consumer. But under the current circumstances in Japan, sales are low because of inventories. See the article I attached earlier in this thread.

Unless of course the Acura "Worshipers" or Acura "Haters" want to disagree with me just for the sake of an Ex Acura and current BMW owner made this statement.

Can't we all just get along???

Last edited by Hamma Tyme; 07-02-2011 at 05:02 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Stew4HD (07-02-2011)
Old 07-02-2011, 06:47 PM
-Brian

Received 241 Likes on 167 Posts
I don't care if I am the only one who bought a TL in 2010, I love my car and everything about it, so it doesn't bother me if others aren't buying it or not
Old 07-02-2011, 07:10 PM
KES
Instructor

I went to 2 dealers and there is no selection of cars on the lot. By that I mean about 6 cars at each dealership. So either the dealers are selling them as fast as they come in or the supply is very limited or there is something else going on.

Last edited by KES; 07-02-2011 at 07:10 PM. Reason: typo
Old 07-02-2011, 07:55 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by KES
I went to 2 dealers and there is no selection of cars on the lot. By that I mean about 6 cars at each dealership. So either the dealers are selling them as fast as they come in or the supply is very limited or there is something else going on.
NO NO NO! it is a conspiracy. The dealers are pretending not to have them.. they are hiding all the '12 TLs in a huge warehouse somewhere in Kansas.. them sneaky devils! Such lairs too
Old 07-02-2011, 08:13 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Stew4HD
NO NO NO! it is a conspiracy. The dealers are pretending not to have them.. they are hiding all the '12 TLs in a huge warehouse somewhere in Kansas.. them sneaky devils! Such lairs too
You can put this to sleep by looking over the original sticker on your 12 or in the manuel which states what percentage of the parts are from the US and which are imported.

If there is any percentage made overseas, production will slow or stop. If I remember correctly, 80% or so of the parts were from the US and remainder from overseas on my 02 TL.
Old 07-02-2011, 09:13 PM
I'm Craig

Received 299 Likes on 207 Posts

You sure do enjoy listening to yourself talk, eh? I just went through and looked at some of your previous posts...makes me wonder how you ever even convinced yourself to buy a 4G TL in the first place. Best of luck with the Audi, hope you are confident with that purchase unlike your last one.
Old 07-03-2011, 07:30 AM
Instructor

I think the sales will pick up this year. I really do like the 2009-2011 tl design allot as well as I bought a 2011 tech with 18 inch wheels in April and my local dealer had plenty of 2012s in stock at that time. Also it did not hurt that I bought it for 36800 out the door TTL included. The deals they had on the 2011s made the Tl the best value since the 3g with Navi in 04 IMO.
Old 07-03-2011, 10:55 AM
אני עומד עם ישראל

Received 810 Likes on 522 Posts
the MMC TL WILL sell once inventory is up.....
Old 07-03-2011, 07:10 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by cjTL
I just went through and looked at some of your previous posts...makes me wonder how you ever even convinced yourself to buy a 4G TL in the first place. Best of luck with the Audi, hope you are confident with that purchase unlike your last one.
Yeah, buying the TL was a very educational event. If you look back far enough, you'll find I had many of the gripes others raise here in the first 45 days... but of course you can't take a car for a one-week or one-month test drive.

Thanks for the wishes! After 10+ months, I'm still absolutely delighted with the Audi!
Old 07-03-2011, 09:41 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 222 Likes on 112 Posts
Yeah, buying the TL was a very educational event. If you look back far enough, you'll find I had many of the gripes others raise here in the first 45 days... but of course you can't take a car for a one-week or one-month test drive.

Thanks for the wishes! After 10+ months, I'm still absolutely delighted with the Audi!
You bring a cesspool quality to this forum.
Old 07-03-2011, 10:27 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Glashub
You bring a cesspool quality to this forum.
Ah, you sell yourself short! I could never, even intentionally, reach the depths you do so naturally.
But seriously, you've really got to stop being such a hater. The TL wasn't right for me, but I do believe it could be the best car you've ever experienced for you. I made an error in thinking that certain things simply came with the class. Now I know better. Don't take it personally.
Old 07-04-2011, 06:35 AM
Suzuka Master

Ah, you sell yourself short! I could never, even intentionally, reach the depths you do so naturally.
But seriously, you've really got to stop being such a hater. The TL wasn't right for me, but I do believe it could be the best car you've ever experienced for you. I made an error in thinking that certain things simply came with the class. Now I know better. Don't take it personally.
For the potential buyers out there that may be lurking, I am addressing what this guy is posting.

TC,
Again, you are posting FUD (Fear-Uncertainty-Doubt). You are making it sound like this car was total junk, which is FUD. You can sit there and post these things like they are fact when, in fact, they are not. If that were the case, this car would never be in the top of it's class in reliability and trade-in value.

I expect the certain things YOU expected to come with the class was beyond your ability to use or that your expectations of the TL were that of a Bentley. Is it a perfect car? Nope. I do not think there is a such thing as perfection. Are the imperfections bad? Not to me and not to the VAST majority of members and owners out there.

I can just imagine the list of things you dislike about your Audi but would NEVER admit them here. Too bad you just can't admit that you decided to "move up" to the S class Audi to impress your neighbors but blame the TL's "lack of meeting your expectations".

You have a degree in physics, "I made an error in thinking that certain [levels of conduct] simply came with the class. Now I know better. Don't take it personally" It seem that you come here to get a rise of folks and it works.

...yeah. I know, feeding the trolls just keep them coming back.

That is all I have to say about that.
Old 07-04-2011, 09:07 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 105 Likes on 74 Posts
Originally Posted by KES
I'm starting to wonder if some dealers don't have a large selection because they don't want to get stuck with them as they aren't selling well. The easy way to find out is for those people who went to the dealership and said the dealer only had 6 is to go back next month and see if they have a different 6 for sale or those same 6 are still sitting on the lot. It could be the economy singling out potential acura customers, it could be the earthquake even though I thought the car was made here in the US, I really don't know. The dealerships I know of in Cerritos and other areas had plenty of them and were interest in making deals - I just didn't like it as much as I hoped now that they took care of one of the glaring design flaws.

I guess the important question is - are the sales numbers better than they were for this time last year? If they are it would indicate that Acura is working towards resolving why the sales were so bad since they went to the new design. If they haven't gone up, perhaps Acura should consider just moving ahead of schedule with a 5G and also try to make it the bang for the buck car it once was. I'm not saying it is unfairly priced, I'm suggesting though it wasn't the bargain it once was.

Last edited by boe_d; 07-04-2011 at 09:17 AM.
Old 07-04-2011, 09:22 AM
I'm Craig

Agreeing with what StewHD said, TechnoCat seems to want a reaction out of people. Why? Who knows. Must be lacking some excitement over on the Audi forums.

Indeed the 4G TL is a fantastic car. I don't own one, but would choose it over many many other cars in a heart beat. I'm sure the Audi S4 has its share of flaws also. If not, wait 10 years or so and hide your wallet. Yeah, I said it.
Old 07-04-2011, 10:40 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 114 Likes on 66 Posts
My dealer has 28 total Acura's on the lot... a small handful of TL's and TSX's - mostly RDXs and MDXs - the salesmen are hungry... but you cant due anything if you're inventory is so low and you don't have color combo / package that people are looking for... they have cars on order but they're not expected to come in for a while..
Old 07-04-2011, 10:45 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 114 Likes on 66 Posts
Another thing to I'd like to address...

The 6mt is sourced from Japan... a lot of the paint products are sourced from japan. many interior electronic components are sourced from japan. I'm not sure of where the 6at is sourced from at this moment... but the country of origin for the different parts of this car place it all over the map globally.

So yes the earthquake did have a major impact on the production levels of the TL..

The TSX was impacted even more.
Old 07-04-2011, 11:23 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by jnc2000
Another thing to I'd like to address...

The 6mt is sourced from Japan... a lot of the paint products are sourced from japan. many interior electronic components are sourced from japan. I'm not sure of where the 6at is sourced from at this moment... but the country of origin for the different parts of this car place it all over the map globally.

So yes the earthquake did have a major impact on the production levels of the TL..

The TSX was impacted even more.
You can set your mind at ease about the TL -
"We currently have adequate inventory of products supplied from Japan, both in inventory and in transit from Japan," the company stated.

This covers the TL and the RDX but the TSX may have issues with supplies.
Old 07-04-2011, 01:22 PM
אני עומד עם ישראל

^ https://acurazine.com/forums/showpos...postcount=2372

Maybe doesn't apply to Acuras who knows......
The following users liked this post:
Stew4HD (07-04-2011)
Old 07-04-2011, 01:41 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Hapa DC5
^ https://acurazine.com/forums/showpos...postcount=2372

Maybe doesn't apply to Acuras who knows......
Thanks.. sadly, many here don't want to believe that lack of parts or inventory has anything to do with unit sales.. they think Acura and dealers are lying to us.. why they would lie? I dunno
Old 07-04-2011, 02:21 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Stew4HD
Thanks.. sadly, many here don't want to believe that lack of parts or inventory has anything to do with unit sales.. they think Acura and dealers are lying to us.. why they would lie? I dunno
A car salesperson lie? Say it isn't so. Here are some words you may want to watch out for -It costs us nearly $300 for the fabric protection - we can't go any lower. You need rust proofing if you plan on keeping your car more than a few years. You should buy the extended warranty - worth every penny. We can't fit a full sized tire in the trunk - that is why it comes with a donut. No, that is lower than we pay for the car - we couldn't possibly sell at that price and make a profit. I'll have to check with my manager, I don't think we can go that low. I like you so I'm going to make a special deal. We couldn't possibly match another dealer's price unless you bring it to us in writing. No one else in the state has the car you are looking for - I just checked in our computer system. You should buy today - it could be 3 months before we get our next shipment. I could only give you $500 on your trade in and I'll be losing money at that price. I need you to purchase by the end of today - we couldn't possibly offer it at that price tomorrow. You don't want to look at that brand - they have a lot of problems with that model - they just keep it out of the press. You should buy soon, I hear prices are going up next month. I can get this in another color but you should buy the white one I have on the lot - they don't show the dirt as much as most people think.

One might also wonder why some refuse to believe poor acura sales have anything to do with most people not thinking it is a good deal any more or thinking that it is still ugly.

http://www.thisweeknews.com/live/con...arthquake.html

"the fault lies in our selves, not in our stars".

Last edited by boe_d; 07-04-2011 at 02:33 PM.
Old 07-04-2011, 02:34 PM
Suzuka Master

Okay you win, DAMN! I was right in post #13... I really is a conspiracy.. this boe_d guy knows all!
Old 07-04-2011, 04:00 PM
אני עומד עם ישראל

So what explains Honda's and Toyota's 21% drop in sales last month? Why is Lexus hurting so bad? If one brand was affected, sure, but Acura's as well?

Why are Honda execs warning of even lower inventory levels?
Old 07-04-2011, 04:07 PM
Suzuka Master

Waiting to see the "expert's" explanation since we now know that Acura and all the dealerships (salesmen especially) are lying...
Old 07-04-2011, 10:56 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wouldn't people rather their cars be rare?
Old 07-04-2011, 11:09 PM
I'm Craig

Originally Posted by Kronos595
Yes. Not manufacturers though, unless intentional.
Old 07-05-2011, 12:11 AM
6G TLX-S

Received 1,160 Likes on 829 Posts
https://acurazine.com/forums/4g-tl-2009-2014-123/ordered-my-tl-april-still-waiting-825028/
Old 07-05-2011, 12:11 AM
Drifting

Received 536 Likes on 302 Posts
Originally Posted by Kronos595
I couldn't care less. If I buy a car, I buy and drive it because I liked it. What other people feel or how many other people feel the same is immaterial to me. We're not dealing in superexotics here. If your car is truly rare in the sub-$50,000 segment, it's either not as good as you think, it's being artificially kept rare by manufacturing, or there's a supply shortage. lol.
Old 07-05-2011, 03:58 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by boe_d
A car salesperson lie? Say it isn't so. Here are some words you may want to watch out for -It costs us nearly $300 for the fabric protection - we can't go any lower. You need rust proofing if you plan on keeping your car more than a few years. You should buy the extended warranty - worth every penny. We can't fit a full sized tire in the trunk - that is why it comes with a donut. No, that is lower than we pay for the car - we couldn't possibly sell at that price and make a profit. I'll have to check with my manager, I don't think we can go that low. I like you so I'm going to make a special deal. We couldn't possibly match another dealer's price unless you bring it to us in writing. No one else in the state has the car you are looking for - I just checked in our computer system. You should buy today - it could be 3 months before we get our next shipment. I could only give you $500 on your trade in and I'll be losing money at that price. I need you to purchase by the end of today - we couldn't possibly offer it at that price tomorrow. You don't want to look at that brand - they have a lot of problems with that model - they just keep it out of the press. You should buy soon, I hear prices are going up next month. I can get this in another color but you should buy the white one I have on the lot - they don't show the dirt as much as most people think.

One might also wonder why some refuse to believe poor acura sales have anything to do with most people not thinking it is a good deal any more or thinking that it is still ugly.

http://www.thisweeknews.com/live/con...arthquake.html

"the fault lies in our selves, not in our stars".
Wow, this thread is still rolling? Every time someone states, “Why would my dealership lie?” I think of all the crap I have in my garage I want to get rid of. Since when do dealerships and car salesmen not lie or tell twisted truths? Boe_d, thank you for the dose of reality!

Now if I read a reliable third party news article or a direct corporate wire, then it starts to hold more water.

The article I posted and other articles posted by members are enough for me why TL sales are down. Of course I'm referring to the original sales report the OP stated and not TL sales from one generation to the next. The TL is built here in America, but not with 100 percent parts supplied by companies here in the states. I mentioned to a member here to check their Window Sticker which states what percentage of parts are domestic or foreign on the TL, but haven't seen the results as of yet. That sticker tells no tales so someone who purchased a 2012 TL or plans to visit a dealership, please post the reality of the parts used off the window sticker. You can't build new cars if you're missing a few parts. If you did, you would be driving a Yugo!

Geez!

Last edited by Hamma Tyme; 07-05-2011 at 04:02 AM.
Old 07-05-2011, 08:03 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 244 Likes on 137 Posts
Honda's sales as a whole were down 24% from last year. This is good. A few more months like this, and maybe they'll go "Hmmm, maybe we need a new spark."
Old 07-05-2011, 10:10 AM
אני עומד עם ישראל

^ wishful thinking. It'll be business as usual at Honda even when they being to recoup inventory levels.
Old 07-06-2011, 05:38 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 740 Likes on 435 Posts
Japan shortages are a key reason, low inventory means higher prices. Dealers by me have low inventory, even on TSX one dealer has 9 cars. Everything I read says some Japan models from all makes will have supply issues through remainder of year.

Quick Reply: June sales