I want to get one, but......

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 01:43 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rockstar143
Wow...that amex thing is amazing..they gave me a price guarantee of 37K on a tech AWD one.
Which AMEX?
Old 07-02-2009, 01:45 PM
Intermediate

Listen to this:
I went to the ACURA dealership today. I test drove a BLACK ACURA TL FULLY LOADED. On my way back to the dealer, this truck (S-10) came into my lane and BAM he hit me. I can tell he was about to hit me before he did and the salesman even yelled when the guy was coming at us. I stopped and I was thinking "Ok, he is in my lane, he is close now, he is closer, let me get ready" and I tightened my back and grabed that steering wheel tight and BAM he hit me. It wasn't my fault at all.
I attached some pictures of the hit. The bumper, fog, fender, headlight will have to be replaced and the door needs to be fixed because the fender just moved into it.
I sent an email to the salesman when I got home to tell me if he would give me a good discount on the car. I mean now the car has an accident so it will be harder to just sell it unless I am wrong and especially in today's market. What do you think a good discount on this car?

Oh, by the way the salesman gave me $21K for my Accord and was willing to sell me the TL for $39K and I am talking about a new TL not the hit one.
Old 07-02-2009, 01:48 PM
Intermediate

Here are some pictures of it:
http://i43.tinypic.com/2qdcq50.jpg

& another:
http://i44.tinypic.com/14wvaf9.jpg
Old 07-02-2009, 02:16 PM
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)

Received 19,996 Likes on 14,504 Posts
He's gonna think dude in the truck was a friend!

But yeah, good idea otherwise. I would have done the same thing...and it would be a "you break it you bought it situation" that works out for all parties invovled.
Old 07-02-2009, 02:28 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by rockstar143
He's gonna think dude in the truck was a friend!

But yeah, good idea otherwise. I would have done the same thing...and it would be a "you break it you bought it situation" that works out for all parties invovled.
Actually the guy who hit me is the AUTO PARTS DELIVERY BOY that delivers parts to the dealership and he knows him or at least his boss.
Everybody that saw the accident saw that it wasn't my fault. So, there was no way he would have asked me to buy it for force me to do anything.
I am thinking a $8K discount is good if he gives me that.
Old 07-02-2009, 03:21 PM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Walhaddi
Actually the guy who hit me is the AUTO PARTS DELIVERY BOY that delivers parts to the dealership and he knows him or at least his boss.
Everybody that saw the accident saw that it wasn't my fault. So, there was no way he would have asked me to buy it for force me to do anything.
I am thinking a $8K discount is good if he gives me that.
I assume you mean they fix the car and give you 8k discount?
Old 07-02-2009, 04:31 PM
Advanced

Wow, that's funny! When test driving lately I wondered what would happen if I was in an accident. Guess you didn't try out the horn? LoL If you mean them fix the car then give you an 8K discount, I don't think so. You might be able to get an extra 1K or so off it. But that's just my guess.

Oh, the AMEX thing is linked on the first page.

Last edited by Sphyrna; 07-02-2009 at 04:32 PM. Reason: Update
Old 07-02-2009, 08:05 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by lemonade
I assume you mean they fix the car and give you 8k discount?
Off course
to fix it you will need $5K easy and especially since the parts will be expensive to buy (New model), but I can tell the salesman is acting now like he doesn't care and wants me to keep bugging him, but I am not going to.
Old 07-02-2009, 08:09 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Sphyrna
Wow, that's funny! When test driving lately I wondered what would happen if I was in an accident. Guess you didn't try out the horn? LoL If you mean them fix the car then give you an 8K discount, I don't think so. You might be able to get an extra 1K or so off it. But that's just my guess.

Oh, the AMEX thing is linked on the first page.
LOL its funny you said that, because I think if I would have used the horn then the guy who hit me would have paid more attention.
$1K is no way for me to get that car. I am pretty sure the dealer will offer it for $35K, but I want it for $30K.
The hit wasn't that small. Even the door got damaged and I think the hood was misaligned too.
Think about it, the dealer will make at least $5-8K off the insurance company. I will be making them a favor by getting this car with the "dirty" record off their lot/inventory. If I get it for $30K, then they will be basically sell it for the window sticker ($30K = $8K). They are doing the work too. May be I am wrong though.
Old 07-02-2009, 10:15 PM
07TL-CBP

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Firstly, glad nobody was hurt in the accident. Also, hope the delivery driver does not loose his job over this.

I will say, stay away from the wrecked TL (that is, if you mean taking it as-is for $30K-ish). You will barely save $$$ and may regret the decision.

It may be a different story (not for me) if the dealer fixes it up and offers a superb discount. I am not sure how the manufacturer bumper-to-bumper warranty works on a wrecked vehicle.

Was this a SH-AWD tech?
Old 07-02-2009, 10:21 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by pokin
Firstly, glad nobody was hurt in the accident. Also, hope the delivery driver does not loose his job over this.

I will say, stay away from the wrecked TL (that is, if you mean taking it as-is for $30K-ish). You will barely save $$$ and may regret the decision.

It may be a different story (not for me) if the dealer fixes it up and offers a superb discount. I am not sure how the manufacturer bumper-to-bumper warranty works on a wrecked vehicle.

Was this a SH-AWD tech?
First of all, its not a wrecked car. It won't have a salvage title. It will just have an accident on its record. The damage wasn't that much to make it a salvage car.
I am talking $30K after they fix it. The damage will cost easily $5-$6K to fix especially since this is a new designed car.
And yes it was a fully loaded SH-AWD with the Tech package with only 47 miles on it. I felt bad for the car.
The driver that hit us didn't feel that bad to be honest with you and it doesn't look like he will lose his job. He said he has been working there for 3 years and this is the first accident.
The insurance will take care of it and since no one was hurt, I don't think they will fire him.
Old 07-03-2009, 07:26 AM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Walhaddi
LOL its funny you said that, because I think if I would have used the horn then the guy who hit me would have paid more attention.
$1K is no way for me to get that car. I am pretty sure the dealer will offer it for $35K, but I want it for $30K.
The hit wasn't that small. Even the door got damaged and I think the hood was misaligned too.
Think about it, the dealer will make at least $5-8K off the insurance company. I will be making them a favor by getting this car with the "dirty" record off their lot/inventory. If I get it for $30K, then they will be basically sell it for the window sticker ($30K = $8K). They are doing the work too. May be I am wrong though.
The thing with negotiations...the only way to find out is to make an offer and see what they say. Personally, I'd prefer to spend more for one that hadn't been wrecked, but you were in the car when it happened and should have a sense of how bad it was.
Old 07-03-2009, 09:17 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by danimal1968
The thing with negotiations...the only way to find out is to make an offer and see what they say. Personally, I'd prefer to spend more for one that hadn't been wrecked, but you were in the car when it happened and should have a sense of how bad it was.
Exactly, I was in it and saw how bad it was really and saw the damage myself. Looks bad, but know that wouldn't affect the suspension or powertrain. When you see an accident yourself, then its easy to say "I will take it"
Old 07-05-2009, 11:47 PM
Houses Won't Depreciate?

If you really want to trade in your car, my suggestion would be

1. Make a deal with the TL you want. Get the best numbers.
2. Once ready to make the deal, ask them to take your car. That way you will know exactly how much they are willing to pay you for the Accord.

Its a known trick for dealers to hide all kinds of numbers with trade-ins. So keep it out of the equation until the end.