How much trouble do you get into?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2011, 04:39 PM
Drifting

Received 672 Likes on 542 Posts
How much trouble do you get into?

Just for fun i was wondering how much trouble do you get into with your other half for keeping your TL ultra clean,for starters my wife thinks that i am crazy to clean my car every day and use a quick detailer at least once a week,usually when i come home in the evening i will clean the car, detail the wheels, windows and remove any dust from the interior, oh yeah she also thinks that i am doing it to get noticed by other ladies lol. Tbh i just like to keep my car clean and i find it a relaxing thing to do,clean car and a cold beer on a hot summer day .
The following users liked this post:
2022-4G-TL-Owner-Reed (11-29-2022)
Old 08-26-2011, 04:59 PM

Received 1,021 Likes on 793 Posts
my mom calls me crazy for washing my car every week lol..

but yea, i get things like "its a waste of water" or "if you clean the house like you can clean your car that would be great too"

shit like that..
Old 08-26-2011, 06:01 PM
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
wow...my kind of thread. i usually get the comment...is the genie going to come out soon? hehe. also i'm always vacuuming and feather dusting in the car. can't stand seeing lint and dirt on the seats and floor.
Old 08-26-2011, 06:01 PM
3G TL/2G MDX Owner

Received 978 Likes on 803 Posts
i dont' get hassled. he knows i love my TL and baby the crap out of it. he' s not all that into cars...but can appreciate a nice clean car though he does help do a little interior dusting in the TL when he's in it (i have a duster in the car), but that's about it.

he knows if my car is clean i'm a much happier person...so he let's me do whatever.

though yea, i hear you on the keeping the house a little more tidy...its a matter of what is important to you.

washing and detailing the car is very therapeutic. a clean car is a happy me. my neighbors think i'm nuts, but at least i have the snazziest looking car on the block. even the MDX gets some love and looks cleaner than most of the other cars in the neighborhood.
The following 2 users liked this post by TLtrigirl:
Acura_Dude (08-27-2011), justnspace (08-26-2011)
Old 08-26-2011, 06:34 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,092 Likes on 714 Posts
I can't wash my car so often.. we are in a severe drought situation here.. but i do manage to wash it every so often. The plus side is that it doesn't get dirty so fast with it so dry.. and no spouse to give me crap .. that is why I got rid of the last one
Old 08-26-2011, 07:39 PM
3G TL/2G MDX Owner

Originally Posted by Stew4HD
I can't wash my car so often.. we are in a severe drought situation here.. but i do manage to wash it every so often. The plus side is that it doesn't get dirty so fast with it so dry.. and no spouse to give me crap .. that is why I got rid of the last one
ONR...
Old 08-26-2011, 08:02 PM
Drifting

Some funny comments so far,since i clean the car every day guess who has to clean the house on the weekend.....................me,but its all good at least i don't have to cook lol.Guy's feel free to share what products you use to clean, i use Stoner Invisible glass and the Meguires Ultimate line of products for waxing,polishing and general detailing and a lot of microfibre towels.

Last edited by KarKraze; 08-26-2011 at 08:11 PM. Reason: addition
Old 08-27-2011, 06:57 AM
The Sicilian

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by KarKraze
Just for fun i was wondering how much trouble do you get into with your other half for keeping your TL ultra clean,for starters my wife thinks that i am crazy to clean my car every day and use a quick detailer at least once a week,usually when i come home in the evening i will clean the car, detail the wheels, windows and remove any dust from the interior, oh yeah she also thinks that i am doing it to get noticed by other ladies lol. Tbh i just like to keep my car clean and i find it a relaxing thing to do,clean car and a cold beer on a hot summer day .
I never knew I had a twin.

Ya I get the same thing.But I have to keep 4 cars clean. Actually the Mustangs the easiest as it's not a daily driver.
Oh ya oil changes are left up to me as well.

I also use Meguires Ultimate line of products for waxing,polishing and general detailing and a lot of microfibre towels and for glas I use Permatex Fast Orange glass cleaner. Have been using this for years. No streaks and no amonia, so it's safe for tint windows as well. It's also great on chrome.
Old 08-27-2011, 08:10 AM
KES
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Two kids - soccer, basketball, scouts, school plays etc - busy job and a dog cured me of this. When I have spare time it is not cleaning the car.

Wash (at the car wash) and vac once a month and it is good as new - cleans up just fine.
TinyRK (08-27-2011)
Old 08-27-2011, 03:38 PM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
I'm a nut about my Type S. It stays very clean....inside and out.

My girlfriend is not a car person, but appreciates what I do for my car and hers too. I vacuum the interior as needed. The exterior is always clean. After work, I "putter" in the garage, meaning I sometimes quick detail the car or blow out the garage floor (I just bought a garage floor mat because the cement floor is cracked and paint stained). Because I have Brembo's, I'm constantly wiping out the wheels. I always use Zaino Leather In A Bottle for the terrific leather smell inside. My engine compartment cowlings are painted, so the engine is part of the cleaning process too.

Post #11,000

Last edited by Steven Bell; 08-27-2011 at 03:41 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Steven Bell:
justnspace (08-27-2011), KarKraze (09-04-2011)
Old 08-27-2011, 03:45 PM

Received 16,263 Likes on 11,973 Posts
happy 11k!!!!
Old 08-27-2011, 05:04 PM
Banned

Received 33 Likes on 15 Posts
My wife calls my OCD car cleaning "therapy". I tell her "I'll keep the car clean and tidy, you can keep yourself the same". Considering she does the traditional 2 hour prep to leave the house and I am constantly waiting on her, she does not mind that I spend 30 minutes every other day giving the car a once over.
Old 08-27-2011, 05:45 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 609 Likes on 493 Posts
Originally Posted by TLtrigirl
i dont' get hassled. he knows i love my TL and baby the crap out of it. he' s not all that into cars...but can appreciate a nice clean car though he does help do a little interior dusting in the TL when he's in it (i have a duster in the car), but that's about it.

he knows if my car is clean i'm a much happier person...so he let's me do whatever.

though yea, i hear you on the keeping the house a little more tidy...its a matter of what is important to you.

washing and detailing the car is very therapeutic. a clean car is a happy me. my neighbors think i'm nuts, but at least i have the snazziest looking car on the block. even the MDX gets some love and looks cleaner than most of the other cars in the neighborhood.

lol, the avatar and this thread go hand in hand. Loveit! Keep up the good work TLtrigirl.

Last edited by Mr Marco; 08-27-2011 at 05:49 PM.
Old 08-27-2011, 06:11 PM
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
hahaha, my kinda thread as well... Ironically I left my wifeys door cracked and the battery ran dead so I had to jump the car this morning. As I came back to the car I had a microfiber and some ONR that I used to clean up some water spots I missed after cleaning her last night. She says to me "Its funny how you are more concerned about keeping the car clean, then resolving the situation we are in"...Oopps!

Im OCD to the fullest when it comes to cleaning cars. I know my neighbors think I have issues or that I idolize our cars (which I dont). I just like them being clean! Esp since they are black and cant hide dirt worth a crap.
Old 08-27-2011, 06:28 PM
3G TL/2G MDX Owner

Originally Posted by Mr Marco

lol, the avatar and this thread go hand in hand. Loveit! Keep up the good work TLtrigirl.
Thanks

try my best...it gets to be funny even when i take the cars in for service. they know me so well....they're almost afraid of me or touch my cars.

yes, i'm a rare bird...
Old 08-27-2011, 11:34 PM
I'm Craig

Received 299 Likes on 207 Posts
I used to be into washing my car at least weekly and would get upset if it was dirty. Now I've started getting busier and busier that I'm lucky to wash my car more than a couple times a month. Terrible- I know.
Old 08-28-2011, 12:01 PM
Instructor

Received 43 Likes on 30 Posts
I like keeping my car clean. I don't any family, so I can spend whatever time and money I wish on keeping my car nice.
Old 08-28-2011, 05:15 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,267 Likes on 864 Posts
Hey guys, let me chime in. I am a HUGE clean freak....and the best thing I learned in therapy is to acknowledge my disease *LOL* Seriously, I love my car to be clean as I wash it quite often, at least once a week. That being said, my car never drives when it rains or the roads are wet, so this TL only sees dry roads all the time. Needless to say, the underneath of the car is super clean, the calipers stay like new and so do the rotors. U drive the other vehicle when the roads are wet are shitty, and you may ask, well do you know its not going to rain, refer to my nickname, that should say it all

As far as cleaning product, I LOVE the Mothers Step 2 as a mean to really get any grime lesft on the car and really enhance the clean finish and then apply a coat of Collinite for simply amazing beading action. I know I don't need as I dont drive it in teh rain but I find it helps the bugs come off easier and love a nice sheeting action when I wash the car. And for the ladies in the forum, I am also the one who cleans the house and cooks as well
Old 08-28-2011, 09:14 PM
Drifting

http://s1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee396/KarKraze/

this is the first time i am using photobucket,i am trying to show a few pics of the car but i am not sure that it is working.
Old 08-29-2011, 09:25 AM
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Thankfully my local car wash has an unlimited club, and it is right on the way home. If I had a darker color I'd be hand washing, but for my Forged Silver '12, it's perfect. I dust the interior and vacuum regularly. My fiancee thinks I'm nuts, but I'm not sure this is the only reason! Haha.

My glass, however, is driving me NUTS. No matter how I clean it, there is always a film/haze/muck that I see when the sun hits it at certain angles. Any genius tips out there?
Old 08-29-2011, 10:33 AM
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
So far the only time the car has been washed has been compliments of the dealership. I was slammed right after purchasing the car, and continued to be super busy all throughout the summer teaching, so I have yet to hand wash her. I actually have a pretty decent car wash near the rink in DE, but I'm scared to take her through, for fear of messing something up - crazy, I know. However, the hurricane this weekend did a number on the exterior, so I may be running through there this week... or break down and do a hand wash later tonight
Old 08-29-2011, 10:39 AM
3G TL/2G MDX Owner

Originally Posted by Shellyduchsk8s
So far the only time the car has been washed has been compliments of the dealership. I was slammed right after purchasing the car, and continued to be super busy all throughout the summer teaching, so I have yet to hand wash her. I actually have a pretty decent car wash near the rink in DE, but I'm scared to take her through, for fear of messing something up - crazy, I know. However, the hurricane this weekend did a number on the exterior, so I may be running through there this week... or break down and do a hand wash later tonight
watch out for the dealer wash...watch the towel guys wring out those chamois' and you'lll understand why. the water is dirty and that dirt is in the chamois getting wiped across your paint. can you say swirls? i never let the dealer wash my car. just do it yourself...if you do an ONR wash it'll take you like 25 min tops (surely you have that amount of time to spare?). plus you'll love your car even more if you wash it yourself.
Old 08-29-2011, 10:56 AM
Suzuka Master

I would imagine you probably have a lot of swirls in you paint? Black (and all dark colors) really show those. hand washing and proper washing techniques will help to stop them and not make new ones.

Do I need to come up there and give you a washing lesson?!
Old 08-29-2011, 10:56 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by TLtrigirl
watch out for the dealer wash...watch the towel guys wring out those chamois' and you'lll understand why. the water is dirty and that dirt is in the chamois getting wiped across your paint. can you say swirls? i never let the dealer wash my car. just do it yourself...if you do an ONR wash it'll take you like 25 min tops (surely you have that amount of time to spare?). plus you'll love your car even more if you wash it yourself.

More in love w/ my car?! lol is it possible?!

I actually have never witnessed the dealership wash it - its always waiting for me when I come back to pick it up. I know they are not as thorough as I would be - I get in all the nooks & crannies, and I can tell they haven't. They do a great job vaccuming though - after a road trip to GA & back, I had a lot of crumbs and whatnot floating around - they sucked 'em all out!!

My biggest pet peeve of "dirt" is the cup holder/center console area - ugh, I don't spill ANYTHING in my car, yet there's always mystery spots. Gross. IDK how that happens, but I'm always in there w/ a Lysol wipe on the molded plastic pieces.

I would imagine you probably have a lot of swirls in you paint? Black (and all dark colors) really show those. hand washing and proper washing techniques will help to stop them and not make new ones.

Do I need to come up there and give you a washing lesson?!
Yeah, she's got some swirls on her But, I was not the first owner, soooo Trying to make it all better now, and baby the crap out of her

Yes, ask Nexson, I need a washing lesson - he's ashamed of me!

Last edited by Steven Bell; 08-29-2011 at 09:31 PM. Reason: Merged Posts.
Old 08-29-2011, 10:59 AM
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
No issues with comments from DW since I wash her MDX. Typically try and wash and quick detail (p-40) both Acura's weekly in spring, summer and fall. Winter I goto a local hand wash as needed. I use chemical guys products: pete's wax, jet seal, car wash product, p40 detail spray is da bomb.
Old 08-29-2011, 11:09 AM
Suzuka Master

Yeah, she's got some swirls on her But, I was not the first owner, soooo Trying to make it all better now, and baby the crap out of her

Yes, ask Nexson, I need a washing lesson - he's ashamed of me!
You will need a clay bar and professional polish, in my opinion, to remove the swirls then when you hand wash it, don't wash in circles, do straight lines. Rinse the mitt often and use a micro-fiber towel to dry... yada, yada, yada

I can't believe Nexson would be ashamed of you.. but can imagine him not being happy with you!
Old 08-29-2011, 11:19 AM

Received 16,263 Likes on 11,973 Posts
Hey, I detail on the side!
Shelly, take a road trip to Houston!
Old 08-29-2011, 11:36 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by justnspace
Hey, I detail on the side!
Shelly, take a road trip to Houston!
That's right, you do that!

I agree, she needs a real road trip!
Old 08-29-2011, 12:37 PM
Racer

That's right, you do that!

I agree, she needs a real road trip!

Delaware to Atlanta, GA wasn't a real road trip????
Old 08-29-2011, 12:59 PM
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 20 Posts
I used to wash my car twice a week, especially with the rainy weather we were experiencing. Then my wife thought something was up when I told her I was going to wash the car even though I washed it three days ago. HAHAHA
I'm so detailed when it comes down to cleanng to my car, I would use the air canister that one would use to clean a keyboard, to clean the air vents and creases in the leather seats. HAHAHA
Old 08-29-2011, 01:02 PM
Suzuka Master

Delaware to Atlanta, GA wasn't a real road trip????
DOH! Yeah.. that would be one. But still not the same as a road trip to south Texas!
Old 08-29-2011, 09:09 PM
Drifting

Old 08-29-2011, 09:12 PM
Drifting

I was trying to embed the above pictures before (my first attempt at this) my apologies for the double post.
Old 08-29-2011, 09:32 PM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
^^^ Nice shots K-Kraze!
Old 09-04-2011, 02:01 PM
Drifting

I never knew I had a twin.[quote]

Neither did i lol

My glass, however, is driving me NUTS. No matter how I clean it, there is always a film/haze/muck that I see when the sun hits it at certain angles. Any genius tips out there? [quote]

Try spraying windshield washer fluid on a soft rag and wipe the glass from inside,rewipe with a microfibre towel after.

it gets to be funny even when i take the cars in for service. they know me so well....they're almost afraid of me or touch my cars[quote]

Same here

Nice shots K-Kraze! [quote]

Thank you.
Old 09-04-2011, 08:12 PM
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Where do you get these pedal covers?
Old 09-05-2011, 09:19 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Jimmmer
Where do you get these pedal covers?

I purchased them at a custom accessory shop in Toronto,try this link www.teamsls.ca the name of the store is Sound Light Security and Performance, their toll free# is 416 898 7383.
Jimmmer (09-05-2011)
Old 09-05-2011, 09:58 AM
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)

Received 19,982 Likes on 14,493 Posts
unique style racing might make similar ones for 4th gen...
PS...I don't get in trouble, per se, but my fiance does think I'm NUTS for cleaning it so much. I actually washed both our cars in a full on rainstorm on Saturday. My logic, when the rain stops, there won't be dirt on the car AND I didn't have to bother drying and didn't cry when I drove in rain later in the day!
Old 09-05-2011, 02:23 PM
1999 TL

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Ocd

Your post is funny. But you and other's doing the same with the daily or frequent cleaning have a type of OCD. Some call it clean freak phobia. Because very few people on the road care about how clean your car is or what clothes you wear. But the bottom line is that the daily cleaning makes you feel better and thats all that matters.

Old 09-05-2011, 03:52 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by acurator99
Your post is funny. But you and other's doing the same with the daily or frequent cleaning have a type of OCD. Some call it clean freak phobia. Because very few people on the road care about how clean your car is or what clothes you wear. But the bottom line is that the daily cleaning makes you feel better and thats all that matters.

OCD........ huh, really? i am suffering from Owner Caring Deeply..... i always wondered,thank you .

Quick Reply: How much trouble do you get into?