How many people here orderd the RJ grille?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 08:48 PM
ieh
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Lightbulb How many people here orderd the RJ grille?

If more people order the RJ grille, on that way, then hopefully this will make them will produce the front lip sooner.
Old 09-02-2009, 10:18 PM
Pro

Received 94 Likes on 68 Posts
Or it could delay them because of high demand for the grille!
Old 09-03-2009, 01:15 AM
I have car ADD

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts
Ordered mine the other day...

The front lip, is actually a highly possible option.... After speaking to Ron- i think he's got something up his sleeve
Old 09-03-2009, 01:20 AM
ieh
Instructor

Originally Posted by mugen_kid
Or it could delay them because of high demand for the grille!
Got your answer~!! That means Rondy for sure will make the front lip for this car.

Or.....maybe a full front bumper and rear bumper kit depends on the selling of the grille.

For sure Rondy is planning something now.
Old 09-03-2009, 02:46 PM
Im Broke But Im Ok

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i miss the dead line how much is it now
Old 09-03-2009, 03:18 PM
ieh
Instructor

Originally Posted by free598
i miss the dead line how much is it now
3 choices and different price.
go check the website to confirm~
maybe Ron will post some more details about the final production later.
Old 09-03-2009, 05:58 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 129 Likes on 101 Posts
we got about 18 sold and I know there are some dealers waiting till they are in stock till they order in bulk. But first I have to reach the 100 mark to even consider the front lip. No front bumper right now, the tooling is WAAAAAYY too much. Unless I decide to really stick it out and go nuts with a sick design.
Old 09-03-2009, 08:24 PM
My beer fridge is in

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by rondog
we got about 18 sold and I know there are some dealers waiting till they are in stock till they order in bulk. But first I have to reach the 100 mark to even consider the front lip. No front bumper right now, the tooling is WAAAAAYY too much. Unless I decide to really stick it out and go nuts with a sick design.

Old 09-03-2009, 08:29 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
we got about 18 sold and i know there are some dealers waiting till they are in stock till they order in bulk. But first i have to reach the 100 mark to even consider the front lip. No front bumper right now, the tooling is waaaaayy too much. Unless i decide to really stick it out and go nuts with a sick design.
go nuts!!! Please...
Old 09-03-2009, 09:00 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Has anyone ordered the RonJon grill with the "A" emblem in the middle yet?
Old 09-03-2009, 09:03 PM
My beer fridge is in

Originally Posted by PetesTL

i did
Old 09-04-2009, 01:22 AM
ieh
Instructor

So did you?
Old 09-04-2009, 01:51 AM
I have car ADD

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts
x2

"A" emblem makes this grille 10x sharper then it already was
Old 09-04-2009, 03:02 AM
ieh
Instructor

I wonder can we order both "A" bar and straight bar~

If chose the "A" then for that bar you won't be able to put a straight bar...
It would be great if you can do it both ways, since this grille selling point is multifunction right~~
Old 09-04-2009, 07:58 AM
Former Sponsor

I get the "A" bar emblem seat this week and from what my production team has told me, we will be able to remove JUST the emblem seat if needed. So the difference between the two bars is just a seat that will fit right over the straight bar. This is quickly becoming a mod that can be changed at will depending on your mood.
Old 09-04-2009, 09:34 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by ieh
So did you?

Yeah, went ahead and ordered it. I thought I'd be content with my painted stock grill, but after seeing the completed prototype, I couldn't resist.
Old 09-04-2009, 12:22 PM
ieh
Instructor

I get the "A" bar emblem seat this week and from what my production team has told me, we will be able to remove JUST the emblem seat if needed. So the difference between the two bars is just a seat that will fit right over the straight bar. This is quickly becoming a mod that can be changed at will depending on your mood.
That mean right now will only produce one type of bar(straight bar); instead of produce a separate bar for the "A", right now produced a "A" seat to click on to the straight bar whenever we like, am I correct?

For this changes, so for all the people pre-order already, will this "A" seat require extra money or will included??
Old 09-04-2009, 02:37 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by ieh
That mean right now will only produce one type of bar(straight bar); instead of produce a separate bar for the "A", right now produced a "A" seat to click on to the straight bar whenever we like, am I correct?

For this changes, so for all the people pre-order already, will this "A" seat require extra money or will included??
Instead of paying the same price and getting the "A" seat OR the Straight bar, you will pay one price and get all the pieces included. Then you can choose to install it or not. Same price as before unless my production company decided to charge me extra for it. If it doesn't cost me any more, i won't charge anymore.
Old 09-04-2009, 02:47 PM
Former Sponsor

And for those who preordered, no extra charge under any circumstance.
Old 09-04-2009, 03:08 PM
Three Wheelin'

Anyone know how much the dealer would charge to remove the bumper and install the new grill?
Old 09-05-2009, 02:52 AM
ieh
Instructor

And for those who preordered, no extra charge under any circumstance.
cool~~~
hopefully to see some pictures how's the "A" seat looks like soon and the tutorial to install the bar and the "A" seat.
Old 09-05-2009, 03:07 AM
ieh
Instructor

Anyone know how much the dealer would charge to remove the bumper and install the new grill?
Hard to tell...maybe they'll just charge you the laborer cost...and do you think the dealer will help us to install a parts that is not belong to Acura??? coz I don't think they will. You really have to ask them first.

Actually you don't need to remove the whole bumper to take the grille out and is not that hard to take down the grille yourself too. All you need is a "+" and "-" screwdriver, a wrench, a cloth and about 30 to 45 mins then you can take out the grille yourself.
Old 09-05-2009, 08:35 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by ieh
Hard to tell...maybe they'll just charge you the laborer cost...and do you think the dealer will help us to install a parts that is not belong to Acura??? coz I don't think they will. You really have to ask them first.

Actually you don't need to remove the whole bumper to take the grille out and is not that hard to take down the grille yourself too. All you need is a "+" and "-" screwdriver, a wrench, a cloth and about 30 to 45 mins then you can take out the grille yourself.

Really? Everybody I talked to who changed out their grills said it's necessary. I don't think you can access all the nuts and bolts on the grill without taking off the bumper.
Old 09-05-2009, 10:17 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by ieh
Really? Everybody I talked to who changed out their grills said it's necessary. I don't think you can access all the nuts and bolts on the grill without taking off the bumper.
I removed the center piece of my grill without removing the bumper, but it was definitely a challenge. I've also worked on many cars so I was prepared. To remove the whole grill, it is definitely advisable to remove the whole bumper, which is actually very easy. Also my grill uses hex screws which also makes it a little more difficult without removing the bumper.
Old 09-05-2009, 12:36 PM
ieh
Instructor

Yes yes! There are no room to put both of your hands in to take out all bolts, specially those black bolt bottom of the grille are VERY tight.
So what I do is just unattached the top part of the bumper then I have enough room to put my hands in, then I use a " - " screwdriver to take out all the black bolts.
You can check around the bumper and the grille first to see if you can do it yourself, then you can save some money~^__^
Old 09-05-2009, 02:49 PM
10th Gear

I preordered Ron's grill. I had my grill painted by the dealer's sub-par subcontractor 4 times. When I went to pick up the car for the 1st time the paint job looked like a 2 year old did it. The paint around the A was sloppy, had runs and bumps in the paint and even had a hair in the paint. I had to bring it back 3 more times to get it half decent and as soon as I got home from the dealer for the 4th time I found 2 chips in the paint where I can see the silver under the WDP. I was so disgusted at that point that I figured I would just have a local body shop repaint it and eat the cost. That's when I found Ron's grill with the A in the bar and fell in love with it. I never get my grill repainted and preordered Ron's. Acura should have produced the car with a grill like this to begin with (and could have avoided all the negative press).
In conclusion, I still think my car looks great (even with the small grill chips) but will look even better once I get Ron's new grill on it.
Thank you Ron
Alan
Old 09-18-2009, 01:45 PM
ieh
Instructor

Ron, any update of the grille?
Ready to ship yet?
Old 09-18-2009, 05:05 PM
Advanced

I ordered my grille last week and they said it'll be a couple weeks before they will be shipped...so I'm guessing another week or 2 at the latest? well worth the wait I'm sure!!!
Old 09-18-2009, 05:19 PM
Three Wheelin'

Ron said sometime around early Oct. for the painted grills.
Old 09-18-2009, 06:55 PM
Former Sponsor

Yes, yes, I am sorry for the delay, but all these small things and the weekends just push it back a little. On tuesday will will have the "A" bar shot and posted, then we are going right into production. The straight bar and frames are already done and waiting. We have all the paint codes ready, but have to shoot everything at the same time for efficiency. as soon as the "A" bars are done, it will be very quick to production and the grilles will start to ship out. I will be collecting balances as soon as I get the photos of the "A" bar. Thanks for the patience ands support.
Old 09-18-2009, 11:36 PM
My beer fridge is in

ron, did you get a 6 speed tl yet? the sooner the better, i need a lip kit
Old 09-20-2009, 08:16 PM
Former Sponsor

I was told they are not available until November, but I'm taking it slow, when they are available, I'll start to try to sell my current CL-6 and then make the move.
Old 09-20-2009, 08:28 PM
6th Gear

I'm new to the forum but I read the past posts and viewed the pictures about ron jons new grille for the acura tl. I was wondering if anybody else thinks that the new mdx grilles might look good on the new tls
Old 09-20-2009, 08:49 PM
6th Gear

I was curious as to what a grille from an mdx would look like on the front of the new tls. Can anyone photo shop that. I would do it myself if I new how.
Old 09-20-2009, 09:32 PM
Im Broke But Im Ok

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tigheK
I was curious as to what a grille from an mdx would look like on the front of the new tls. Can anyone photo shop that. I would do it myself if I new how.
its been done before
Old 09-23-2009, 04:09 AM
ieh
Instructor

took out the stock grille myself around 2 weeks already;now driving with no grille.
still waiting...waiting...waiting for the new grille.
looks like everything is going a little bit slow
Old 09-23-2009, 09:05 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by ieh
took out the stock grille myself around 2 weeks already;now driving with no grille.
still waiting...waiting...waiting for the new grille.
looks like everything is going a little bit slow

You're kidding, right? Why would you do something like that? (Did you take out the bumper, too?)

It'll probably be another 2-3 weeks before Ron starts shipping them out if you didn't know.
Old 09-23-2009, 11:01 AM
My beer fridge is in

i hope a rock doesn't go through the opening.
Old 09-23-2009, 12:33 PM
ieh
Instructor

You're kidding, right? Why would you do something like that? (Did you take out the bumper, too?)

It'll probably be another 2-3 weeks before Ron starts shipping them out if you didn't know.
Big problem of doing this?
Anyway...I just put the stock grille back on already~

I didn't took out the whole bumper, I just pull out the top part of the bumper and reach in to take out the black clips. There are total 6 black clips at the bottom holding the grille, instead of putting all back, I just put 2 clips back on, coz they are VERY hard to take it out.
Old 09-23-2009, 12:44 PM
ieh
Instructor

Originally Posted by venom550pm
i hope a rock doesn't go through the opening.
It feel more air flow to the car of that thing is wide open and a bit noisy too.lol

Quick Reply: How many people here orderd the RJ grille?