3g is old news...it had its day...can be purchased used very cheaply
cool story bro?
The following users liked this post:
birdy*feet (07-26-2012)
Old 07-26-2012, 02:50 PM
Racer

Received 73 Likes on 62 Posts
Originally Posted by pimpin-tl
I don't agree about the G37. Even the older 2nd gen TL-S can beat the auto G37.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQ1hCg3Ymlc
That TL in the vid is a friend of mine's and it is far from stock. To begin with it is a 6MT swap fully ported polished, stripped out, no exhaust just a 3 inch resonator after the jpipe. Unfortunately it got wrecked a while back. He now has the same J32A2 engine in an accord coupe. I have witnessed him run 13.2 at 105 in the coupe on a hot humid day. His car is a beast, probably the fastest n/a TL there was. You are comparing it to a STOCK g37.
Old 07-26-2012, 03:01 PM
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Seriously dude stop being so stuck up and putting the 4th gen on a pedestal The 3rd gen still is the best looking TL to date. The 4th Gen update is much nicer and I own two 4th gens.

But I have had a 2003 CL-S, 2006 TL, 2006 RL, 2007 TL-S, and now the ones in my signature.

And they still can demand 15-24k depending on the model.
Just wanted to relate what happened to me last night, totally unsolicited and unexpected.

First off, I want to acknowledge that I can totally see how people thought the 4G 2009-11 models were unattractive. Had they not changed the 2012 looks to tone it down I probably would be driving a G37 or IS350. Even now have no problem admitting my 2012 BRP TL won't win many beauty contests.

But last night I parked outside of a really popular pizza parlor in Westwood, CA - a place that has a pretty high median income and no shortage of luxury cars driving on its streets. Lucked into a sweet spot in front of the pizzeria and as my girlfriend and I got out, three people were taking a smoke break outside of the restaurant, two girls and a guy. One girl says "wow you have a beautiful car" and the other one agreed with her friend. I said thank you for the compliment and just smiled sheepishly as we entered the pizzeria. The dude with them didn't look thrilled.

So it is "in the eye of the beholder"
birdy*feet (07-26-2012)
Old 07-26-2012, 04:20 PM
Safety Car

Received 148 Likes on 99 Posts
Originally Posted by 3gstealth
That TL in the vid is a friend of mine's and it is far from stock. To begin with it is a 6MT swap fully ported polished, stripped out, no exhaust just a 3 inch resonator after the jpipe. Unfortunately it got wrecked a while back. He now has the same J32A2 engine in an accord coupe. I have witnessed him run 13.2 at 105 in the coupe on a hot humid day. His car is a beast, probably the fastest n/a TL there was. You are comparing it to a STOCK g37.
I remember my CL Type-S ran 13.9 or 13.8 with exhaust, intake and headers. It was an auto too.

But the point is, that car had much less hp stock than the G37 did. And even with mods it is less than the G37. So the point is, don't underestimate the power of these cars. They have strong top end power and that is where they do shine. The G's are strong down low to mid but loose a bit of breathing room up top. I have owned also a 2004 G35 and 2005 G35 and a 2007 350Z with the HR.
Old 07-26-2012, 04:26 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 64 Likes on 35 Posts
Seriously dude stop being so stuck up and putting the 4th gen on a pedestal The 3rd gen still is the best looking TL to date. The 4th Gen update is much nicer and I own two 4th gens.

But I have had a 2003 CL-S, 2006 TL, 2006 RL, 2007 TL-S, and now the ones in my signature.

Not to get into the middle of this, but I would say that more 3G TL drivers put their cars on a pedestal than 4G drivers.
Old 07-26-2012, 05:08 PM
Drifting

Received 568 Likes on 367 Posts
Originally Posted by jjsC5
Everyone knows that the 5.2 they got was a big time outlier. Basically they are dumping the clutch and using the AWD to get a good launch. I've driven a G37. I promise that from a roll where you are not considering the advantages of AWD or driver skill that the G37 walks off and hides from a TL.
CD and MT got the exact same 5.2 results. Yes, they do clutch dumps, but they do that for all their tested cars.
Old 07-26-2012, 05:21 PM
Racer

Received 73 Likes on 62 Posts
I remember my CL Type-S ran 13.9 or 13.8 with exhaust, intake and headers. It was an auto too.

But the point is, that car had much less hp stock than the G37 did. And even with mods it is less than the G37. So the point is, don't underestimate the power of these cars. They have strong top end power and that is where they do shine. The G's are strong down low to mid but loose a bit of breathing room up top. I have owned also a 2004 G35 and 2005 G35 and a 2007 350Z with the HR.
Thats impressive, the best time I have managed is 14.825 that is with CAI, PCD, jpipe and 160lbs weight loss. It has been hot and humid during my runs, maybe I will get 14.5 this winter
Old 07-26-2012, 05:28 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 65 Likes on 52 Posts
shouldnt the TL be compared with infiniti M37 instead?
Old 07-26-2012, 05:46 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 63 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by pickler
shouldnt the TL be compared with infiniti M37 instead?
In a word, no.
Old 07-26-2012, 05:50 PM
Drifting

Received 96 Likes on 76 Posts
Based on the R&T comparison test results, a 6MT TL is highly comparable to a 6MT RWD G37s, likely losing out slightly from a roll and at top end speeds but for drag racing it's like splitting hairs. The TL also happens to handle and brake better with comparable summer tires, again based on R&T.

Not bad for a larger, heavier mid size sedan, with AWD and milder sport aspirations. Makes you wonder what a smaller RWD platform with better weight distribution and 25 more hp actually accomplishes. I happen to like the G a lot but that just so happens to be the honest truth.

The G37x would be much more in line with the 6MT TL in terms of acceleration throughout, since most times between the 7AT AWD G and 6MT RWD G are about the same but typically the AWD variants lose out on rolling and top end compared to the RWD despite what the usual 0-60 and 1/4 mile numbers suggest. The G37x would pull on any auto TL though. However, the 6AT SH should put up a fight from a rolling or gas and go start, done on both cars. The G's big advantage there (especially on paper) is that it brake torques while the TL SH does not.

As far as some other points go, I have some suspicions about the 3G TLS 6MT being able to pull on a 4G 6MT. Can't confirm it, just personal experience, but I think the TLS would be able to pull in the top end and possibly from a higher speed roll. I think dig and low roll still belong to the 4G.

It's true that there probably is a slight advantage which comes from the launching of the 4G 6MT AWD but I wouldn't overplay that aspect of it because, although you can still dump the clutch, it's limited to 4k rpms when doing so and the front wheels still behaves like a FWD momentarily. I would call that advantageous compared to a FWD or the TLS 6MT for example but it's not the best launching aspects like you would find in a permanent AWD that allows for full rpm dumps. Personally, I don't consider it offering any advantage compared to a well executed LSD 6MT RWD, like a G37s for example. In those situations, the car's engine, gearing, power band, and drivetrain efficiency kind of speak for themselves.

Last edited by winstrolvtec; 07-26-2012 at 05:53 PM.
Old 07-26-2012, 07:12 PM
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
So another comparison thread on which is faster in a straight line? Is it going to be one of those, "I live my life a qurater mile at a time" kind of thing again?

I simply don't understand why you would get a 4G TL or an Acura, other than the RSX or NSX for performance? Acura came into being to blend in the sportiness and luxury things into one vehicle. But to compare the 4G and the I G37X, hands down to the Infiniti in a straight line. Just look at the mechanics and specs alone. The TL is heavier, SOHC vs DOHC, and 25hp less.

I love my 4G, it serves its purpose, and I do like Nissan/Infiniti's as well. I used own and drift 240SXs. I was going to get the G37, but it was smaller and the shifts aren't as crisp as the 4G. But if you were to compare them on a AutoX, I'm sure the 4G will win. I've read that a track comparison between the S4 and 4G 6MT was made and the magazine was suprised that the 4G was only behind by .4 seconds.

-DeL
Old 07-26-2012, 09:10 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 370 Likes on 209 Posts
Originally Posted by JM2010 SH-AWD
CD and MT got the exact same 5.2 results. Yes, they do clutch dumps, but they do that for all their tested cars.
I didn't recall two mags getting those times, so I stand corrected. But my point was that an AWD car gets a much better launch by abusing it like that than a rear or front drive car does. The real point though I stand behind. From a roll the G37 walks away from the Acura.

I have a 550 BMW as my daily driver now. Admittedly faster than a G37, but still you would be amazed how slow our TL feels to me now. Look at TL 1/4 mile times with an automatic and you see what the real performance of the car is if you take away the launch of the manual. The current TL's performance is pretty mediocre for it's power. I had a GS350 Lexus for the first 10 months we had the TL, and even it felt very noticeably faster than our TL and the HP was basically identical for those two cars.
Old 07-26-2012, 09:35 PM
Drifting

This is not quite the question the OP posed, but in 6MT form, the TL is virtually identical to the G in quarter mile times. The 5/10 issue of R/T tested these cars and the results were: TL - 13.7@102.3; G - 13.6@105.6. I don't have it handy, but I'm pretty sure that C/D's times were within the margin of error to these for both cars.

It is well known that the TL AT seems to lose an unusually significant amount of acceleration compared to the 6MT, whereas the RWD G37 AT and MT times are very close. The G X series does not come with a stick, but due to its additional weight I believe runs a bit slower than the RWD G. So comparing AWD G to AWD TL (with the 6AT) there is probably not a significant difference in 1/4 times, but I can't find a test by one publication that runs the TL AT and the G37X, such that they'd be comparable.

The data seem to contradict those who believe that the G will always "walk" the TL.
Old 07-27-2012, 03:26 AM
Drifting

I didn't recall two mags getting those times, so I stand corrected. But my point was that an AWD car gets a much better launch by abusing it like that than a rear or front drive car does. The real point though I stand behind. From a roll the G37 walks away from the Acura.

I have a 550 BMW as my daily driver now. Admittedly faster than a G37, but still you would be amazed how slow our TL feels to me now. Look at TL 1/4 mile times with an automatic and you see what the real performance of the car is if you take away the launch of the manual. The current TL's performance is pretty mediocre for it's power. I had a GS350 Lexus for the first 10 months we had the TL, and even it felt very noticeably faster than our TL and the HP was basically identical for those two cars.
Ya but you can say the real performance of any car is without the launch, and that would slow all times, not only the TL's. Furthermore, the TL autos don't brake torque and there are two versions, one 5AT and the other 6AT and they have had an unusually high level of discrepancies in test results, so I wouldn't base off of that. The performance gaps are greater between these variants for a lot of other reasons as well and the 6MT has some additional weight savings, aggresive gearing, and other small enhancements.

There is a fine line of what is because of drivetrain, traction and launching vs the cars power to the ground to weight ratio and how the power band and gearing ties into that. A better way of comparing this is to simply look at traps and street starts as opposed to basing off of another model.

Take a look at C&D's independent results of a 2010 TL 6MT and 09 G37 sedan 6MT. The G37 runs a 5-60 street start in 6.2 seconds with a 104 mph trap, where the TL runs a 5.8 with 101 mph. The 0-60 of the G is 5.2 which is a full second of savings with launch, where the TL's is also 5.2 but is only .4 of a sec of savings from launch. Traps are not completely independent of launches, they do correlate where 5-60's are independent and have nothing to do with launching, however that's not perfect either.

The best comparison would be rolling start 1/4 and 1/2 miles or to the lower of the two's top speed but they don't do these measures. So you could easily say it's the G that gains more from launching than the TL does. Honestly, the TL gain seems rather modest while the G's launch is highly advantageous. It would be a mistake to assume the TL 6MT's performance is an over achieved result due to launching.

I see what you're saying, the 6MT has tractive and launching advantages but it is not terribly disproportionate to it's trap speeds and you don't have to abuse the car to launch it the way tested. It doesn't actually launch any more agressively than anything else, I went over that in the post above. I would say it has some tractive benefits but there are no "hero" times with the car vs something else. If there were, and you could really clutch dump at full rpms and actually abuse the car, it would be able to break into 4 second 0-60 ranges.

You also can't go around basing these things entirely on feel. Your GS350, although maybe still a bit faster than your TL, was RWD, lighter and made it's max torque much sooner with very different power bands and gearings. All of which makes for a different feel or experience but does not necessarily translate to actual performance measures.

Last edited by winstrolvtec; 07-27-2012 at 03:33 AM.
justnspace (07-27-2012)
Old 07-27-2012, 08:52 AM
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I tried to find a G37xS to test drive. Went to my local Infiniti dealer and the sales guy he stated: "Good luck finding one, they really don't make them unless its a special order. I haven't seen one in 15 years." He did a search and there wasn't one within 500 miles of me. I was very disappointed. And then I drove the G37x and was even more disappointed. Nice car, but a Nissan Maxima 3.5SV is nicer and neither one compares to the TL. If you want sporty, then go with the Infiniti G37S 2 door coupe and then spend an extra 10K+ on the IPL edition. Now THAT is a sexy ride!
Old 07-27-2012, 09:33 AM
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

In your opinion. I thought it was a huge step backwards from the 2nd gen in terms of looks.

Originally Posted by winstrolvtec
Ya but you can say the real performance of any car is without the launch, and that would slow all times, not only the TL's. Furthermore, the TL autos don't brake torque and there are two versions, one 5AT and the other 6AT and they have had an unusually high level of discrepancies in test results, so I wouldn't base off of that. The performance gaps are greater between these variants for a lot of other reasons as well and the 6MT has some additional weight savings, aggresive gearing, and other small enhancements.

There is a fine line of what is because of drivetrain, traction and launching vs the cars power to the ground to weight ratio and how the power band and gearing ties into that. A better way of comparing this is to simply look at traps and street starts as opposed to basing off of another model.

Take a look at C&D's independent results of a 2010 TL 6MT and 09 G37 sedan 6MT. The G37 runs a 5-60 street start in 6.2 seconds with a 104 mph trap, where the TL runs a 5.8 with 101 mph. The 0-60 of the G is 5.2 which is a full second of savings with launch, where the TL's is also 5.2 but is only .4 of a sec of savings from launch. Traps are not completely independent of launches, they do correlate where 5-60's are independent and have nothing to do with launching, however that's not perfect either.

The best comparison would be rolling start 1/4 and 1/2 miles or to the lower of the two's top speed but they don't do these measures. So you could easily say it's the G that gains more from launching than the TL does. Honestly, the TL gain seems rather modest while the G's launch is highly advantageous. It would be a mistake to assume the TL 6MT's performance is an over achieved result due to launching.

I see what you're saying, the 6MT has tractive and launching advantages but it is not terribly disproportionate to it's trap speeds and you don't have to abuse the car to launch it the way tested. It doesn't actually launch any more agressively than anything else, I went over that in the post above. I would say it has some tractive benefits but there are no "hero" times with the car vs something else. If there were, and you could really clutch dump at full rpms and actually abuse the car, it would be able to break into 4 second 0-60 ranges.

You also can't go around basing these things entirely on feel. Your GS350, although maybe still a bit faster than your TL, was RWD, lighter and made it's max torque much sooner with very different power bands and gearings. All of which makes for a different feel or experience but does not necessarily translate to actual performance measures.
Old 07-27-2012, 10:10 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 65 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by FallenTSX
So another comparison thread on which is faster in a straight line? Is it going to be one of those, "I live my life a qurater mile at a time" kind of thing again?
+1

Old 07-27-2012, 10:36 AM
Safety Car

Received 148 Likes on 99 Posts
Originally Posted by stars_fan
In your opinion. I thought it was a huge step backwards from the 2nd gen in terms of looks.

Guess every single review that has come out that agree's with me is wrong too? I guess the sales numbers also being so high for that model are wrong? LOL
Old 07-27-2012, 09:26 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 370 Likes on 209 Posts
Originally Posted by winstrolvtec

Every point you made is a good one. But in the case of my GS350 vs TL I can assure you it was not just feel, and the tests back up my feeling.

A post above hit the issue correctly. The TL seems to be a totally different car with the manual transmission. Fine, but damn few are sold with manuals. I stand by my statement that a G37 walks off from a TL if they both have an automatic.

I have never driven a TL with a manual, but I suspect that if you run them from a roll the G37 still outruns it easily. Lets not forget that the G37 still does have a 10% power advantage and a seven speed automatic. I have seem some very impressive tests results of that car.
justnspace (07-29-2012)
Old 07-27-2012, 09:35 PM
Drifting

Every point you made is a good one. But in the case of my GS350 vs TL I can assure you it was not just feel, and the tests back up my feeling.

A post above hit the issue correctly. The TL seems to be a totally different car with the manual transmission. Fine, but damn few are sold with manuals. I stand by my statement that a G37 walks off from a TL if they both have an automatic.

I have never driven a TL with a manual, but I suspect that if you run them from a roll the G37 still outruns it easily. Lets not forget that the G37 still does have a 10% power advantage and a seven speed automatic. I have seem some very impressive tests results of that car.
I've not seen any data, but I think I probably agree with your opinion about the AT versus AT comparison, but the Car and Driver and Road and Track tests of the 6MTs show that the two cars are essentially dead even. The MT does indeed change the very nature of the TL.

When I was looking at the two cars in early 2010, a 6MT G was virtually impossible to locate. Nearly every Acura dealer around me was stocking 6MT TLs.

Last edited by JM2010 SH-AWD; 07-27-2012 at 09:37 PM.
Old 07-27-2012, 11:04 PM
Drifting

I think we are in agreeance with the core points, just some of the details based on some of the info out there maybe needed some ironing out. You're correct that the GS is faster, what I meant was that even if they were equals, based on some of those characteristics, the TL would still feel slower.

You also brought up a good point and I don't disagree, it's just that I think it's a little bit launch and AWD combo and a little bit just the fact that the TL 6MT transforms the car, not all of one or all of the other. More than I think the TL gains a major advantage from the clutch and AWD, I think the G37 6MT is a little sloppy traction wise.

A better setup stock could shave off some time and I do think that it is "ultimately" the faster car but as it is, it's no better a drag car but still the power to weight is there that it should be stronger at medium to high roll and at top end ranges.

The 7AT AWD would give up those advantages despite being as competent in the 1/4 mile, and while it wouldn't surprise me to see this version G still pull on a 6MT TL a bit, it's much closer in terms of overall acceleration, not just in drag racing parameters. It's driver's race through and through in any setting as far as any info or data that I can tell from but as far as the topic, again, any auto TL is clearly at a disadvantage no matter what.

Last edited by winstrolvtec; 07-27-2012 at 11:06 PM.
Old 07-28-2012, 01:00 AM
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Unsure about the TL yet but my friend smoked an Audi S5 with his G37xS Auto in a drag race.
Old 07-29-2012, 01:04 AM
אני עומד עם ישראל

Received 810 Likes on 522 Posts
Originally Posted by MyBlackBeauty
This is a mere comparison between the cars and nothing remotely close to what I am looking for.
Hey dumb ass you asked about quarter mile times aka a drag race. Figure the G37X will be a bit slower with added weight. If you bothered to even read the article it lists that, it lists 0-60 times, hell even track times you know the ones that turn left and right and brake.

So it kind of is what you are looking for.
Old 07-29-2012, 01:27 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Hapa DC5
Hey dumb ass you asked about quarter mile times aka a drag race. Figure the G37X will be a bit slower with added weight. If you bothered to even read the article it lists that, it lists 0-60 times, hell even track times you know the ones that turn left and right and brake.

So it kind of is what you are looking for.
You need to learn some manners boy. Enough said!
Old 07-29-2012, 04:40 AM
אני עומד עם ישראל

Manners can be taught; you need to gain some common sense and situational awareness which unfortunately cannot. I knew I remembered your screen name, you posted some other idiotic stuff before.

The T-shirt vendor thread right?

Enough said!
Old 07-29-2012, 07:34 AM
Instructor

Manners can be taught; you need to gain some common sense and situational awareness which unfortunately cannot. I knew I remembered your screen name, you posted some other idiotic stuff before.

The T-shirt vendor thread right?

Enough said!
Read my post AGAIN. It says "has anyone tried". I am not asking for online reviews. I can google too. I wanted first hand information. If you don't know what that means, I am asking, has anyone actually raced a G37xS with their TL SH-AWD.

Now go learn some manners, IF you know anyone who can teach them to you.

As for the common sense, that ship has sailed.

Unfortunately, you won't have both and your reply is going to be just like you... Pathetic.

Last edited by MyBlackBeauty; 07-29-2012 at 07:36 AM.
Old 07-29-2012, 10:20 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 2,600 Likes on 1,581 Posts
Thing is in real life nobody in either the AcuraZine Racing & Competition section here or at Drag Times is coming anywhere near the C&D runs with a stock car & 99% with modified cars can't equal the C&D times. 14/100 flat for a bolt-on looks to be a very very good time.

Personally, I have never seen a stock TL at the track including my own 6MT hit 14.0 seconds.
Old 07-29-2012, 01:30 PM
אני עומד עם ישראל

As for the common sense, that ship has sailed.
In your world it has never docked.

For the sake of the world I really hope you haven't reproduced and never will. Enjoy your thread and your black "beauty."

FWIW the last two times I went to the track I ran consistent 13.6-8s in my stock G37S 7AT. Some rags have reported times of 13.5

The last time I was at Sac Raceway 2011?? One 6MT 4G TL was 13.9-14.2 IIRC. Depending on driver the xS should nudge the TL by a few tenths though it would be close. I figured I would help by giving you published times, but obviously not.
Old 07-29-2012, 05:11 PM
Instructor

In your world it has never docked.

For the sake of the world I really hope you haven't reproduced and never will. Enjoy your thread and your black "beauty."

FWIW the last two times I went to the track I ran consistent 13.6-8s in my stock G37S 7AT. Some rags have reported times of 13.5

The last time I was at Sac Raceway 2011?? One 6MT 4G TL was 13.9-14.2 IIRC. Depending on driver the xS should nudge the TL by a few tenths though it would be close. I figured I would help by giving you published times, but obviously not.
It took you that long to give the answer I was looking for? You figured? Is that what you did in school too? Answered questions that were never asked? It's OK to be a slow learner. No worries.

I am fine but you probably aren't even capable of reproducing.

Last edited by MyBlackBeauty; 07-29-2012 at 05:26 PM.
Old 07-29-2012, 07:56 PM
אני עומד עם ישראל

How many times were you dropped on your head as a baby? Your dad should've pulled out if this is what they got in return. I'm surprised they didn't shake you to death or smothered you with a pillow.

No wonder every dealer you encounter gives you the run around and blows you off. You come off as a pretentious little shit with thin skin. You clueless putz.

So once again dumbass, the reason I gave you a link is so you can see what the SAME driver does with each particular car. Not to mention they are PUBLISHED times; things you can actually reference not just hear say. Also they aren't using DIFFERENT drivers with varying skills. It stays more consistent and sticks more with the capability of the CAR not the DRIVER.

So yes dumbass I figured, inferred, concluded, guessed (what other synonym would you like me to apply) by giving you a link to reference the times these cars ran would help answer your dumbass question.

I'll even do you a favor, if you'd like to reply to me specifically about your inability to read and overall failure of your of your parents to raise a well adjusted child, please feel free to PM me I'll help show you the light and square you away real quick.

Otherwise,
Old 07-29-2012, 09:55 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 123 Likes on 100 Posts
Cliffs: the 4g has a better MT but the G37 is obv faster. Conclusion: WGAF
Old 07-29-2012, 10:54 PM
Instructor

Looks like I stepped on a nerve here. You ARE impotent!

Why would the whore give birth to a hermaphrodite like you?

And then throw you to grow up to be a scum bag that you are.

Good thing we have Internet for bastards like you to vent or else you'll be out in the real world taking your frustrations out on others.

How many times were you dropped on your head as a baby? Your dad should've pulled out if this is what they got in return. I'm surprised they didn't shake you to death or smothered you with a pillow.

No wonder every dealer you encounter gives you the run around and blows you off. You come off as a pretentious little shit with thin skin. You clueless putz.

So once again dumbass, the reason I gave you a link is so you can see what the SAME driver does with each particular car. Not to mention they are PUBLISHED times; things you can actually reference not just hear say. Also they aren't using DIFFERENT drivers with varying skills. It stays more consistent and sticks more with the capability of the CAR not the DRIVER.

So yes dumbass I figured, inferred, concluded, guessed (what other synonym would you like me to apply) by giving you a link to reference the times these cars ran would help answer your dumbass question.

I'll even do you a favor, if you'd like to reply to me specifically about your inability to read and overall failure of your of your parents to raise a well adjusted child, please feel free to PM me I'll help show you the light and square you away real quick.

Otherwise,

Last edited by MyBlackBeauty; 07-29-2012 at 11:02 PM.
Old 07-29-2012, 11:46 PM
אני עומד עם ישראל

Looks like I stepped on a nerve here. You ARE impotent!

Why would the whore give birth to a hermaphrodite like you?

And then throw you to grow up to be a scum bag that you are.

Good thing we have Internet for bastards like you to vent or else you'll be out in the real world taking your frustrations out on others.

Thanks for proving you are a fob. I told you; PM me if you want to keep going at it. This will be my last reply in this thread.
Old 07-30-2012, 01:23 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by BEAR-AvHistory
Thing is in real life nobody in either the AcuraZine Racing & Competition section here or at Drag Times is coming anywhere near the C&D runs with a stock car & 99% with modified cars can't equal the C&D times. 14/100 flat for a bolt-on looks to be a very very good time.

Personally, I have never seen a stock TL at the track including my own 6MT hit 14.0 seconds.
While that might actually be somewhat true, it isn't definitively saying enough either way. Dragtimes has no 4G 6MT's posted at all and maybe there was one 4G 6MT who went to the track once in the sub forums.

Even based on magazine times, the 04-06 3G 6MT isn't supposed to run 14 seconds flat and 100 mph stock, still there have been some that got close enough. Youtube Acura TL w/ Injen Intake 13.9 @ 99.9, while not stock that would still put it in line with mag times if not slightly better, it is only a short ram intake if I am not mistaken.

What I would say in the direction of your implication, is that it might be slightly harder to replicate the numbers on a FWD 3G 6MT as opposed to a RWD 6MT or an AT. In the case of the G37x and 4G 6MT, the G should run more consistent numbers. FWIW, you are not going to see many 4G's at the strip in the first place for a few different reasons, so the sampling is limited but not everyone takes that to mean that the car is not as capable as indicated.

In real real life, reaction time is not taken out of the equation, even as much as a .5 difference is defeatable within normal margins of error and other variable factors depending on the parameters. That's not including substantial errors either and few people race or drag in any fashion in the first place, nevermind what kind of difference it actually makes for normal daily driving.

Last edited by winstrolvtec; 07-30-2012 at 01:27 AM.
Old 07-30-2012, 08:36 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Thats your opinion..not mine...3rd gen is old news...get over it...
Old 07-30-2012, 08:42 AM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
OK guys, we're done here.

First, these threads are very subjective. Second, we've drilled down to personal insults.....yawn.

While some of the comment were humorous, you guys know that when the personal insults start, the conversation is finished.

Thread Closed.