Dealership can't find issues!

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2012, 03:30 PM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Dealership can't find issues!

Wassup everyone, kind of annoyed right now. I went into my Acura dealer with a laundry list of problems. And as always got a call stating we couldn't find any of the issues, like I am some sort of idiot.

Things not found by the tech or service writer:

-Shuddering when pressing the brakes.
-vibrations through the steering wheel over a certain speed.
-upper drivers door trim creaking, which btw is very obvious.
-When the bass is medium to high, the whole sunroof area and rear shelf rattles(very pronounced when standing outside of the car). The sunroof area also rattles over potholes.
-Hesitation from a full stop or when making a turn.(can't blame the dealership, very hard to duplicate this)
- Clunk on downshifts.
-Vehicle needs multiple corrections on smooth highway.

My suggestions:
- some foam or padding to be installed under the headliner and rear shelf.
-Rebalance the wheels and also check alignment.
-Atleast cut the rotors.
-Replace upper trim of drivers door if possible or install padding.
-Check if TCM or ECM needs a new flash or update. I state this because, the car really doesn't want to downshift unless I put some effort into the gas pedal. This then leads to a downshift clunk(classic symptoms of a faulty TPS on older vehicles).

I am going for a ride with the shop foreman tomorrow, probably going to have to heat up the rotors real well for some action to happen. I can't duplicate the hesitation as this really happens whenever the car decides to do it.

Any thoughts?
Old 03-30-2012, 04:32 PM

Received 1,021 Likes on 793 Posts
sounds like you got a full weekend ahead of you..

good luck with the dealership.. hardest part is replicating the issue again..
Old 03-30-2012, 04:55 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by potmilkz
sounds like you got a full weekend ahead of you..

good luck with the dealership.. hardest part is replicating the issue again..
Thx, im going to need it. Hopefully I can replicate the issues, or just keep driving around with the foreman in the car until it happens again.
Old 03-30-2012, 05:29 PM
3G TL/2G MDX Owner

Received 978 Likes on 803 Posts
discuss with the shop foreman in detail the issues with your car as he is driving your car with you in it. conditions, speed, RPMs etc.

as frustrating as it may be, the shop foreman is someone you really want to be nice to since they are usually the ones that test drive the cars for harder issues that the tech failed to find. the more descriptive you are on when certain things happen the more that helps the foreman identify the issue. they exist to you b/c you live in the car, they don't so you are esp sensitive to the noises and feelings the car is giving off.

be persistent and understanding at the same time, but don't EVER get mad.

i've been frustated before with my dealer and annoyed with my car, but i know eventually the problem will get fixed so i'm usually pretty easy going with them. a good attitude will typically yield good results in getting the little annoyances out of your car.

good luck.
Old 03-30-2012, 06:08 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by TLtrigirl
discuss with the shop foreman in detail the issues with your car as he is driving your car with you in it. conditions, speed, RPMs etc.

as frustrating as it may be, the shop foreman is someone you really want to be nice to since they are usually the ones that test drive the cars for harder issues that the tech failed to find. the more descriptive you are on when certain things happen the more that helps the foreman identify the issue. they exist to you b/c you live in the car, they don't so you are esp sensitive to the noises and feelings the car is giving off.

be persistent and understanding at the same time, but don't EVER get mad.

i've been frustated before with my dealer and annoyed with my car, but i know eventually the problem will get fixed so i'm usually pretty easy going with them. a good attitude will typically yield good results in getting the little annoyances out of your car.

good luck.
Thx, I'll try my best not to be pissed. I'm not sure if it will "eventually" get fixed because to be honest I'm tired of going back and fourth to dealerships so either I fix it or write a nasty letter to Acura corp.
Old 03-30-2012, 06:25 PM
3G TL/2G MDX Owner

relax...breathe...it'll be fixed. once the problems have been identified, then you can tell them to keep the car until it's fixed. no one likes an overdemanding pissed off person up in their presence...perspective my friend. be firm, but never mad it gets you nothing.

yes its annoying, but some of the items are not necessarily a matter of safety for you to drive the car. just sayin'.

i have a couple of issues on my MDX that the dealer didn't either find (i showed them what i was talking about when i picked up the car or they thought they fixed and then acted up after i got it home. am i mad? no. am i annoyed? sure. its noted in my file, so i know they'll get it fixed the next time i go in. i've lived with the issue for 7 months...what's another 2?
Old 03-31-2012, 01:31 PM
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by hatepotholez
Thx, im going to need it. Hopefully I can replicate the issues, or just keep driving around with the foreman in the car until it happens again.
Pot... on the moonroof rattle do a google search for TSB 11-027 it is a complete 9 page description on how to fix the rattle based on location... Good luck... I had mt 2010 done and it had to go back to the dealer because they trashed the interior... Sun visor fell out of the ceiling, grease on head liner and seats etc...
Old 03-31-2012, 07:41 PM
Instructor

relax...breathe...it'll be fixed. once the problems have been identified, then you can tell them to keep the car until it's fixed. no one likes an overdemanding pissed off person up in their presence...perspective my friend. be firm, but never mad it gets you nothing.

yes its annoying, but some of the items are not necessarily a matter of safety for you to drive the car. just sayin'.

i have a couple of issues on my MDX that the dealer didn't either find (i showed them what i was talking about when i picked up the car or they thought they fixed and then acted up after i got it home. am i mad? no. am i annoyed? sure. its noted in my file, so i know they'll get it fixed the next time i go in. i've lived with the issue for 7 months...what's another 2?
Thx, luckily I knew the foreman from another dealership and he found most of the other issues I had.
Old 03-31-2012, 07:42 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by ferrcad
Pot... on the moonroof rattle do a google search for TSB 11-027 it is a complete 9 page description on how to fix the rattle based on location... Good luck... I had mt 2010 done and it had to go back to the dealer because they trashed the interior... Sun visor fell out of the ceiling, grease on head liner and seats etc...
Thx, just like yours the tech damaged a lot of the interior panels(used screwdrivers to pry open interior panels ) and made compression marks on the leather of the steering wheel. So the foreman will take care of that hopefully.
Old 03-31-2012, 08:54 PM
3G TL/2G MDX Owner

glad to hear the foreman is going to take care of things for you. see it all works out somehow.
Old 04-01-2012, 12:04 AM
Pro

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
For anyone dropping their car off for drivability issues I always recommend TEST DRIVING WITH A TECHNICIAN!!! Once you can show the tech what's going on, u can assure the issue was verified.
Old 04-01-2012, 01:49 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by 3rdGenHybrid
For anyone dropping their car off for drivability issues I always recommend TEST DRIVING WITH A TECHNICIAN!!! Once you can show the tech what's going on, u can assure the issue was verified.
Yup, I agree. Thankfully the foreman is pretty good.
Old 04-01-2012, 01:50 PM
Instructor

glad to hear the foreman is going to take care of things for you. see it all works out somehow.
I also hope they don't do more damage than what they already did.