Considering a TL...

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2009, 12:46 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Considering a TL...

With 85,000 miles on it I am preparing to say good bye to my 05 RL. My warranty is almost up, the car needs tires, brakes, and a timing belt soon. So with all that in mind I want to get rid of it before I start dumping money into it.

I was hoping you guys could give me some feedback on replacement suggestions. I have to downgrade a little. Here are some of the cars I am considering:
09 Maxima Loaded lease
10 TSX Tech finance
09 TL Tech lease
09 G37x Loaded lease
07/08 TL Navi finance
07/08 TL-Type S Navi finance

I don't really want a 4cyl but the tsx is buying a new car which is ideally want I want. And I am not getting a TSX V6, I'd rather the TL. So I guess I can't have my cake and eat it to.

What do you guys think?
Old 10-03-2009, 06:19 AM
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
What are you looking for in particular? Do you have a family to shove around?

What dealers are around your area? Have you checked the cost of insurance for your different choices?

I'll try to get back to you with my opinion if you give me a little more detail...
Old 10-03-2009, 06:52 AM
it's a car-drive it

Received 262 Likes on 199 Posts
How many miles will you be driving each year. I average 30,000+miles a year so leasing is not for me.
Old 10-03-2009, 08:33 AM
2014 MDX Tech / sh-AWD

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
It seems like you drive a lot of miles and are ok with keeping a car for 4-5 years. My recommendation is to buy, not lease.

Also, I didn't see the sh-AWD TL on the list so make sure you are ok with going to a car that does not have AWD. If not then that would be my recommendation
Old 10-03-2009, 08:35 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 740 Likes on 435 Posts
Originally Posted by briny319
With 85,000 miles on it I am preparing to say good bye to my 05 RL. My warranty is almost up, the car needs tires, brakes, and a timing belt soon. So with all that in mind I want to get rid of it before I start dumping money into it.

I was hoping you guys could give me some feedback on replacement suggestions. I have to downgrade a little. Here are some of the cars I am considering:
09 Maxima Loaded lease
10 TSX Tech finance
09 TL Tech lease
09 G37x Loaded lease
07/08 TL Navi finance

I don't really want a 4cyl but the tsx is buying a new car which is ideally want I want. And I am not getting a TSX V6, I'd rather the TL. So I guess I can't have my cake and eat it to.

What do you guys think?
The TSX is a very nice car but I have not liked the way the 09/10 TSX steers and it is the one car I would proabbly say the Maxima is nicer than more upper class feel to it. The G37 for me was a really nice car, but the electronics did not cut it, the navi screen is small and lower rez and the audio while nice is not as nice as Acura's ELS. I came real close to a G37 but when you factor the electronics in and the road noise was worse than any of the others I coudl not do it. I truly loved my 08 Type-S, probably will be the best car I have owned for some time and if not for the under powered ELS I would probaly still own it. While I love the Type-S I would not take what is now a 2 year old car now over say a Maxima. The 09/10 TL is the most solid built car I have ever owned. Granted the non-AWD was not to my liking, but if you are good witht he ride and steering (my 2 biggest complaints) then the car is awesome. The styling to many is still controversal (including myself), but the car is such a well built luxorious car I over looked the styling. The only complaint I think you'll see many post about (especially if they owned a 3G TL) would be the Bluetooth, the BT integration ont he 09/10 is bar far for me crap, it will likley be the thing that stops me from owning another 4G TL. You really need to drive each and see how it fits your taste and requirements. I test drove the AWD TL at least 4 times and twice for 45-60 minutes as well as the G37 and even a Genesis numerous times (not to mention BMW 3, Audi A4, Lexus IS) before going with the TL. There are so many really good cars out there today it really makes it hard.
Old 10-03-2009, 11:02 AM
Burning Brakes

Thanks for the replies. I should have included more info in my original post. I am single but I have a 4yr old daughter. I drive at least 15k mi per year. I used to put 15k on my car and we would put 15k on my EX's Pilot which we would use when all three of us went somewhere. So I can see doing more miles now that I only have 1 car. I would get a 15k lease and possibly pay overage. I really don't want to lease for this reason but I want to downgrade as little as possible.

I like having AWD but I'm ok with FWD.

I used to have an 04 TSX (I was one of the first on this board) which was the best little car I ever had. But by the time my daugther was two I found the backseat to small for her legs and feet sticking out of her carseat. So when my friend was selling his RL I bought it. Now I am spoiled and need to buy/lease something in the TSX/TL's price range.
Old 10-03-2009, 12:54 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by KeithL
The only complaint I think you'll see many post about (especially if they owned a 3G TL) would be the Bluetooth, the BT integration ont he 09/10 is bar far for me crap, it will likley be the thing that stops me from owning another 4G TL.
Keith, what is flawed about it? I haven't read much complaints about it. Knock on wood, my one month old TL AWD's Bluetooth is working superbly. Just keeping info here and there in case things do go south in the future.
Old 10-03-2009, 02:05 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Kingmeow
Keith, what is flawed about it? I haven't read much complaints about it. Knock on wood, my one month old TL AWD's Bluetooth is working superbly. Just keeping info here and there in case things do go south in the future.
Did you come from a 3G TL? The 4G is probably OK if you have a smart phone that syncs with it perfectly, but I don't. The 3G the BT and rest of the system were less integrated so the menus and phone book stuff worked great and when you were done with a call the navi screen returned to where it was. The 4G being more integrated when you make a call and are done it leaves you in the phone menus. Also the only way to create an phone book on the 4G is to import from a phone (assuming you have a phone that the car and phone support importing) or to use numbers you called already or received already, very lame. The 3G you could manually create phone book entries and enter numbers and voice annotations for the dial by voice. If I recall you also had to hit less buttons to make a voice recognition call. There are a few complaints in the electronics forum. The 3G BT and even navi spoiled me. Even the 4G navi while looking stunning does not work as nice as the 3G. I miss the touch screen and the voice reminders are too naggy in the 4G. In the 3G you coudl minimize prompts and get ONE reminder per direction. Even with minimal prompts int he 4G I usually get 3 voice prompts for an upcoming direction, very very annoying, especially when you're listening to music or on the phone. I actually liked the Genesis NAV menus much better, but they were a bit sluggish. The Infiniti locks out many fucntions while the car is moving, which was the main thing that turned me off from G37. Honestly if the G has navi resolution liek the TL and did not lock out and the audio system were a tad more powerful I would be in a G37.
Old 10-03-2009, 02:18 PM
Drifting

Received 96 Likes on 76 Posts
Acura left more up to the modern phone technology and you can't blame them, if TL owners don't already have one in a few years time of owning the car most will probably have a smartphone and you can always just turn the voice commands off so you are not interrupted at all and since there is no voice over, getting up to three prompts will actually be in your favor.
Old 10-03-2009, 03:17 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 84 Likes on 79 Posts
Honestly ... i would probably keep the RL and drive it into the ground ... since its a very well built car, and after you get tires, brakes and timing belt, the car will still run very well for a longgg time ... if you must switch cars ... i would say buy a 07/08 tl s ... it has almost everything the 05 RL has except AWD ... so you wont really feel the downgrade ... just my 2 cents
Old 10-03-2009, 03:55 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by VQPower37
Honestly ... i would probably keep the RL and drive it into the ground ... since its a very well built car, and after you get tires, brakes and timing belt, the car will still run very well for a longgg time ... if you must switch cars ... i would say buy a 07/08 tl s ... it has almost everything the 05 RL has except AWD ... so you wont really feel the downgrade ... just my 2 cents
Actually I would think the new TL has almost everything the RL does.
Dare I say it but I think I have just added a car to my list when I am trying to subtract them. I was just thinking about a new or used volvo s80. Did I just say volvo...
Old 10-03-2009, 08:00 PM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The new TL is a great choice. My mother has one which I have driven extensively. My own car is a BMW 550i Sport and, while the TL is not as fast or as capable a handler as that, it outhandles BMW 5 Series cars without the Sports Package.

The new TL has tons of room, excellent reliability and good acceleration. I would definitely consider it in your shoes.
Old 10-03-2009, 09:36 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by KeithL
Did you come from a 3G TL? The 4G is probably OK if you have a smart phone that syncs with it perfectly, but I don't. The 3G the BT and rest of the system were less integrated so the menus and phone book stuff worked great and when you were done with a call the navi screen returned to where it was. The 4G being more integrated when you make a call and are done it leaves you in the phone menus. Also the only way to create an phone book on the 4G is to import from a phone (assuming you have a phone that the car and phone support importing) or to use numbers you called already or received already, very lame. The 3G you could manually create phone book entries and enter numbers and voice annotations for the dial by voice. If I recall you also had to hit less buttons to make a voice recognition call. There are a few complaints in the electronics forum. The 3G BT and even navi spoiled me. Even the 4G navi while looking stunning does not work as nice as the 3G. I miss the touch screen and the voice reminders are too naggy in the 4G. In the 3G you coudl minimize prompts and get ONE reminder per direction. Even with minimal prompts int he 4G I usually get 3 voice prompts for an upcoming direction, very very annoying, especially when you're listening to music or on the phone. I actually liked the Genesis NAV menus much better, but they were a bit sluggish. The Infiniti locks out many fucntions while the car is moving, which was the main thing that turned me off from G37. Honestly if the G has navi resolution liek the TL and did not lock out and the audio system were a tad more powerful I would be in a G37.
Thanks Keith! No, I come from a '97 Maxima SE with 270,000 miles so it's a HUGE upgrade to a TL AWD (even w/o the Tech). I have a Blackberry World Edition and everything seems to be working fine between it and the car and I haven't had it long enough to nit pick. Coming from my Max, they didn't have BT then so this is a BIG improvement.
Old 10-03-2009, 09:52 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IF you want leg room for your 4 year old daughter to have space to wiggle her legs then you will want to definitely go with a TL. My wife is pregnant and when I was car shopping one of my main focus was rear seat leg room. Let me tell you i'm 6"0 tall and my brother is 6"2 and he can sit behind my seat with out me moving the chair up. The TL is the only car that I have sat in where I didn't have to put the chair all the way back. So from a back seat passenger room, the TL is a winner. The interior of the TSX didn't do it for me, the g37 style kinda old to me now. Its surprising how fast that body's model just become old. Its not like you take a double take anymore, you kinda don't care it's a g37 or a g35 as they both look the same. Briefly looked at the maxima, but I couldn't see myself paying the full amount for what I wanted and for a $1000-$2000 more I could be in a luxury TL. At the end of the day is what you can afford and what you will be happy with it. Keep us updated. OH yeah if you really into rims and tires stay away from the TL, there tire sizes aren't and bolt pattern aren't friendly on the pockets.
Old 10-03-2009, 10:37 PM
Burning Brakes

Surprise Surprise everyone in the TL section is recommending a TL lol

Most ppl will try to convince u whatever car they drive is better than its competition...Thats why u shouldve made this thread in Car Talk:p
Old 10-04-2009, 03:40 PM
CLS 6MT Navi

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
I assume most of the cars you list are not that much cheaper to buy than your RL. I would not sell an RL to downgrade unless you can greatly lower payments or terms. Nothing you are downgrading to has the RL interior, proven build quality and safety.
If newer or warranty are main factors I guess I could see selling.
What about a used 08 or 09 RL? I love the 09 cooled seats, and RL ACC and CMBS options, but that's just me.
On your list I'd pick the 09 TL, but leasing has never seemed sensible to me. I like the TSX but it's quite a different experience.
Old 10-04-2009, 03:41 PM
Eli
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I'd take a look at the Hyundai Genesis, it can easily match the TL for value/features/luxury, plus you can get a V8 and keep all the RL features like cooled seats. I'm going to give them serious consideration when I get my next car in a few years.
Old 10-04-2009, 05:48 PM
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Eli
I'd take a look at the Hyundai Genesis, it can easily match the TL for value/features/luxury, plus you can get a V8 and keep all the RL features like cooled seats. I'm going to give them serious consideration when I get my next car in a few years.
That interior in the Genesis is FUGLY and ALL silver plastic buttons. Reminds me a little of the T Avalon.
Old 10-04-2009, 06:51 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by chaiwala
That interior in the Genesis is FUGLY and ALL silver plastic buttons. Reminds me a little of the T Avalon.
Don;t judge ot too soon. I was close to getting a Genesis, and actually had they not scratched it pulling it out of the showroom, might have one now. The center console knobs have weight to them making them feel metal (not sure they are not) and yse some of the buttons coudl have a slightly better look at feel to them, but the Genesis was a solid well built very luxorious car. Damn rear suspension ride and the poor seat support are the 2 things that drove me away, but the car was quieter than the TL inside and the Navi and sound system were awesome, at least equal to the TL.
Old 10-04-2009, 07:08 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by chaiwala
Old 10-05-2009, 09:40 AM
Pro

Received 45 Likes on 25 Posts
09 Maxima Loaded lease
10 TSX Tech finance
09 TL Tech lease
09 G37x Loaded lease
07/08 TL Navi finance

What do you guys think?
Looking at your list, the best choice by far is the Maxima.

It will provide you with most of the same features as in your RL (cooled seats, great quality materials, electric sunshades, etc etc) plus some other nice features like heated steering wheel etc.

Value wise IMO this is a much better choice than a TSX or TL and your still getting a brand new car.

Like others have mentioned, the Genesis is also a great value but being its RWD and from what you have said it appears you want AWD or FWD only so that will leave the Genesis out.

The Volvo is a nice choice also but once you option it up dont you think its going to get out of your price range ???

If your looking for a nice luxury vehicle with some awesome lease and finance rates right now I would also consider a VW CC. They have some great lease rates and 0% financing now. The V6's are at a good price and if you where considering a 4Cyl TSX you will be very impressed with 2.0T as most people think they are driving a 6Cyl because of the torque in the turbo 4.

Old 10-05-2009, 10:43 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by cp3117
If your looking for a nice luxury vehicle with some awesome lease and finance rates right now I would also consider a VW CC. They have some great lease rates and 0% financing now. The V6's are at a good price and if you where considering a 4Cyl TSX you will be very impressed with 2.0T as most people think they are driving a 6Cyl because of the torque in the turbo 4.

CCs are very good looking but I'd get the 2010 model which I believe gets the DSG. Personally, I'd just keep the RL.
Old 10-05-2009, 12:25 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by jwjang86
CCs are very good looking but I'd get the 2010 model which I believe gets the DSG. Personally, I'd just keep the RL.
I agree as i think that keeping the RL is the best choice and if warrenty is a concern then trade it in for a 08 (Not a 09-10 )

Although if you want something different thats sleek and luxurious then a CC or maxima is a great choice in that price range.
Old 10-05-2009, 01:25 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
What's wrong with a 2010 TL SH-AWD?

You can get one with a manual that neither Maxima or the CC offers and get better performance.
Old 10-05-2009, 01:41 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by PetesTL
What's wrong with a 2010 TL SH-AWD?

You can get one with a manual that neither Maxima or the CC offers and get better performance.
Its too expensive and out of his budget range.
Old 10-05-2009, 05:25 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Its too expensive and out of his budget range.

A lot of people here have managed to buy a SH-AWD TL for less than $40K. A loaded Maxima or a loaded VW CC is in the high $30K's.

If you take into consideration features, resale value, safety, and performance, the TL is tops in that group.
Old 10-05-2009, 05:57 PM
Drifting

If the OP's on a budget then forget the Maxima or CC and get an Accord instead. If one was going to shop $40k+ anyway, skip both of those cars and go right to a TL SH. The TL SH is the only car I would downgrade from having an RL since it's basically the same car and $39k -$40k is what they go for anyway. After negotiating you will likely spend a little more, around $2k, on the TL SH instead of the Maxima but all things considered it's more than worth it and the CC will cost you more than an SH for only their FWD sport version. Cheaper than all three of those as far as sales price is concerned and loaded leaves you with the TSX and it's V6 model as well as the FWD TL, I wouldn't skip out on major features in the CC or Maxima just to get in a more affordable version.

Last edited by winstrolvtec; 10-05-2009 at 06:00 PM.
Old 10-06-2009, 01:10 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by PetesTL
A lot of people here have managed to buy a SH-AWD TL for less than $40K. A loaded Maxima or a loaded VW CC is in the high $30K's.

If you take into consideration features, resale value, safety, and performance, the TL is tops in that group.
It depends. The Maxima has Luxury features on par with the RL so again compared to the TL its a better value (unless he wants AWD). Both the CC and Maxima are very safe cars with good ratings, are on par or better in features and performance is also very similar with a slight edge to the TL. Resale value is still to be seen on the 4G especially with its poor sales and heavy incentives, the historically great resale value of the 3G may not carry over to the 4G.

What was funny in a comparo last year with the TL and CC was that the TL barely edged out the CC in the performance department but when both reviewers where asked which car they would purchase they hands down said the CC.....That says alot and obviously the CC must be a good car and have some value as it has been very close to the TL in sales and actually outsold it last month (being they are direct competitors).

Overall the TL is a very decent car and the OP was just looking for other vehicles that he may consider.....in the end he will have to do the research and decide whats best for him, but to think that the Maxima or CC shouldnt be considered is just foolish.

Originally Posted by winstrolvtec
If the OP's on a budget then forget the Maxima or CC and get an Accord instead. If one was going to shop $40k+ anyway, skip both of those cars and go right to a TL SH. The TL SH is the only car I would downgrade from having an RL since it's basically the same car and $39k -$40k is what they go for anyway. After negotiating you will likely spend a little more, around $2k, on the TL SH instead of the Maxima but all things considered it's more than worth it and the CC will cost you more than an SH for only their FWD sport version. Cheaper than all three of those as far as sales price is concerned and loaded leaves you with the TSX and it's V6 model as well as the FWD TL, I wouldn't skip out on major features in the CC or Maxima just to get in a more affordable version.
If he wants to downgrade that much to an Accord then he should look at that option along with its competitors like the Jetta, Altima, Passat etc.

Looking at his list though he still wants a premium car. Honda doesnt offer premium cars in its lineup like VW, Nissan etc. Honda puts its premium models in the Acura line (unlike the other parent companies), so thats why i believe he's comparing vehicles like the TL, Maxima etc.

Its true he may overall get a better discounted deal with the TL over vehicles like the Maxima or CC but one has to wonder why they have to heavily discount the TL in order to move it while the others dont. When you look at the Maxima's sales numbers I dont blame them for not discounting them much as they dont have too apparently.

Either way if the OP is looking for new, wants similar luxury compared to his RL and isnt concerned about FWD or AWD. The Maxima IMO is his best choice.
Old 10-06-2009, 10:01 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Shift_Acura
Surprise Surprise everyone in the TL section is recommending a TL lol

Most ppl will try to convince u whatever car they drive is better than its competition...Thats why u shouldve made this thread in Car Talk:p
I figured that which is why I posted one thread in the RL, TL, and TSX forum so I could compare replies.
Old 10-06-2009, 10:06 PM
Burning Brakes

Looking at your list, the best choice by far is the Maxima.

It will provide you with most of the same features as in your RL (cooled seats, great quality materials, electric sunshades, etc etc) plus some other nice features like heated steering wheel etc.

Value wise IMO this is a much better choice than a TSX or TL and your still getting a brand new car.

Like others have mentioned, the Genesis is also a great value but being its RWD and from what you have said it appears you want AWD or FWD only so that will leave the Genesis out.

The Volvo is a nice choice also but once you option it up dont you think its going to get out of your price range ???

The features in the maxima is what attracts me to it. Plus its similar size and power as my RL.

I can't pay +$30k for a hyundai and I read a lot of issues with the genesis.

I don't think I will get the volvo because it is not sporty enough. But they are giving them away right now. $34-35K I could get a well equipped one.

I'm not even looking at the vw cc because of their poor reliability.
Old 10-06-2009, 10:10 PM
I have car ADD

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts
I absolutley LOVE the new Maxima... very stylish car... but fully loaded, comes with a high price tag ($35k) .... at that price, you can EASILY get a TL FWD Tech.. (maybe even a few bucks less if your lucky)

Only plus side to the maxima, is you can usually get like 0 or 0.9% APR on them... Perfect Credit, 60mos, with Acura.. 2.9% is the best
Old 10-06-2009, 10:11 PM
Burning Brakes

Actually the maxima is one of the most discounted cars I am looking at with +$5k off the msrp according to edmunds. I would consider an accord if the rear seat had a 5 star crash test (it only got 3 stars). That plus the fact they are a dime a dozen rules out the accord for me. I've narrowed my list down to TSX, TL, Maxima.
Old 10-06-2009, 10:15 PM
I have car ADD

Nissan warranty = 3yr 36,000

Acura Warranty = 4yr 50,000 + 6yr 70,000 on the powertrain

You cant get good deals on the TSX... Acura has no trouble selling that car, and the deals that you might get wont be monumental... i feel that the deal I got on my 09 TL SH-AWD Tech was a pretty great

MSRP = $43,195

I paid $37,800
Old 10-06-2009, 10:16 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,183 Likes on 1,211 Posts
Time for a test drive of the vehicles on your short 'short' list.

Personally, I would add the G37x to the list but that's just me.
Old 10-06-2009, 10:19 PM
I have car ADD

oh, and the TL is (IMO) a more "Advanced" and technology based sedan.. but the Maxima (when fully loaded) has a separate rear audio system/control in the center armrest and temp control

Last edited by BLACKURA_NY; 10-06-2009 at 10:23 PM.
Old 10-06-2009, 11:01 PM
Burning Brakes

I've narrowed my list down to TSX, TL, Maxima.
What about the G37?

I would take the TSX off the list...after owning an RL you WILL miss the power
Old 10-06-2009, 11:02 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ggesq
Time for a test drive of the vehicles on your short 'short' list.

Personally, I would add the G37x to the list but that's just me.
The g37x is on my list.

I've driven the TSX and G37, I do need to drive the TL and Maxima.
Old 10-06-2009, 11:03 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Shift_Acura
What about the G37?

I would take the TSX off the list...after owning an RL you WILL miss the power
I know. That's what I am afraid of. Everything else about the TSX I can deal with. But when I put my foot down I expect the engine to make more power, the tsx just doesn't do that. But as long as I didn't floor it, it drove fine.
Old 10-06-2009, 11:07 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by BLACKURA_NY
oh, and the TL is (IMO) a more "Advanced" and technology based sedan.. but the Maxima (when fully loaded) has a separate rear audio system/control in the center armrest and temp control
Where and when did you buy your car??? It does sound like you got a pretty good deal.
Old 10-07-2009, 03:27 PM
Drifting

Don't get me wrong, all these cars are good but each offer distinction that is preferable by the individual and until we know more about what the OP's priorities are and what he likes than it will be hard to make a decision for him, which ultimately he will need to decide anyway.

The CC and Maxima have a more premium feel to them compared to the Accord but it comes at an average premium of $10k and none are considered a luxury make anyway. IMO too much of a higher price in relation too little more in offering. Again, the Accord may not be as premium as either of those other two vehicles but the Passat and Altima are not really as premium as the Accord and the CC and Maxima don't seem as premium as the TL to me, more like the TSX.

It would be the most obvious and recommended downgrade coming from an RL to suggest a TL SH-AWD, which should be looked at as being much more than just an AWD version model car in comparison to the others. It offers the most sport capability on all levels vs all the others as well as having the better platform for almost any individual preference and available 6MT. This is of course on top of what any Acura already provides over any non luxury premium model. When considering all those things and the small premium that comes with it and no real strict budget in place than most would agree here, but if those things don't entice one from the start and they could do with saving more money than I would not suggest that.

Now if that is established as being out of price range officially by the OP and the Maxima loaded can actually be acquired by the OP for the normal discounted amount than that puts the TSX, TSX V6, TL FWD, and Maxima up for discussion and suggestion being that we can rule out the other cars.

I know most of the list included leasing and if done within 36 months than warranty is not a big concern but if it is for buying or longer lease term than the Acura offers a better warranty with full converge at 4yr/50k vs 3yrs/36k, If that is a priority than so is reliability and most will say Acura is arguably the better in that regard. Important to note here that the CC offers a full 4yr warrnaty as well. That may also open up an option for one to allow for a 4 year lease making it cheaper monthly or in comparison to, that is if your objective was to only lease it for the term and simply return it.

Another thing I would look into is what the car was actually going to run monthly, in addition to selling price, especially when leasing. Sometimes a more expensive car can actually lease better making the payments more similar than expected or even cheaper when compared to less expensive vehicle. Payments often vary greatly even in the case of near identical sales prices so just be aware of that. Being that most of the discounts are likely based on 09 models keep in mind what the 10 model discounts are and how they price out as well.

Last edited by winstrolvtec; 10-07-2009 at 03:32 PM.

Quick Reply: Considering a TL...