Child Booster Seats in 4G TL

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2013, 08:48 PM
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Child Booster Seats in 4G TL

Anyone have any recommendations for a booster seat for the TL?
I just bought a Recaro Vivo and wound up sending it back to Amazon. It seems like the back seats are partially a deep bucket on the outside but flat on the inside. The carseat completely covered the seatbelt buckle that would have been used to secure that side passenger. I wound up using the buckle from the other side when I tried it out with my 3 year old.
I'm not looking to spend a ton of money as this car is not our primary kiddie hauler. I think I need the LATCH fasteners as well as the front harness as well. Using the seatbelt seemed like a total pain on this car.
Old 01-07-2013, 12:24 AM
Mitch-S

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Honestly, if your kid is only 3, I'd stick with a carseat not a booster seat. Unless your 3 year old is over 48" tall and over 60 lbs.

My little one is 5 but she's tiny so I'm still using a britax carseat. She's nice and safe and I feel comfortable with the latch system over the seat belt.
Old 01-07-2013, 01:14 AM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SteveA2012
Anyone have any recommendations for a booster seat for the TL?
I just bought a Recaro Vivo and wound up sending it back to Amazon. It seems like the back seats are partially a deep bucket on the outside but flat on the inside. The carseat completely covered the seatbelt buckle that would have been used to secure that side passenger. I wound up using the buckle from the other side when I tried it out with my 3 year old.
I'm not looking to spend a ton of money as this car is not our primary kiddie hauler. I think I need the LATCH fasteners as well as the front harness as well. Using the seatbelt seemed like a total pain on this car.
OP, I had the same problem. After some trial and error, this one has worked for me:

Cosco No Back Booster Seat - $13 bucks from Target

http://www.target.com/p/cosco-no-bac...booster%20seat

Good luck!

PS. My child is 6 years old...
Old 01-07-2013, 04:20 PM
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I use the Britax Parkway:

Amazon Amazon

It is a close fit but it leave enough room for the seat belt buckle to be exposed.
Old 01-07-2013, 08:32 PM
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by tuxacura
I use the Britax Parkway:

http://www.amazon.com/Britax-Parkway...x+booster+seat

It is a close fit but it leave enough room for the seat belt buckle to be exposed.
Thanks, we have Britax Boulevards in my wife's car. I'll maybe use it once a week on weekends. The kids are a little small right now for it but I'd rather get something they grow into rather than grow out of. I'll check this one out
Old 01-08-2013, 08:38 AM
Racer

Received 74 Likes on 52 Posts
Steve A,
I'm in the same boat with my 3.5 year old. She is too big for the current car seat in my truck (fits fine in the one in my TL), but I don't think she is ready for a booster yet. I'm going to go find another large car seat for the truck, as I'm willing to drop 60 - 80 bucks for her safety. If I can afford a TL, I really can afford a few extra bucks to better protect the kiddies. (not meant a criticism, just trying to keep things in perspective and focus on what is REALLY important).
Old 01-08-2013, 12:30 PM
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Our kids are older so definitely in the booster range, but I use a slightly older model of these:

http://www.evenflo.com/product.aspx?id=379&pfid=5012

Evenflo AMP Performance Booster. They fit fairly well. Just slightly push on the side bolsters, but for the most part sit flat in the seat. Not sure how different they are now though. The kids really like them too because they come in "cool" colors. They were rated highly at the time, when I read a test article on boosters.
Old 01-08-2013, 02:12 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 133 Likes on 108 Posts
Does nobody use the yellow pages anymore?

In all seriousness, though, although it's worth spending the extra cash on a car seat that has a booster "function" (in other words, a 3 in 1), if you're talking about an actual dedicated booster, it's function is simply to raise the child up into proper position to allow the seatbelt to align properly. In that regard, I can't see there being much actual variation between models. Though I don't actually advocate the phone book.

Whatever you do, consider a mat of some sort to provide a layer of protection between the car seat and your leather. Although the seating surfaces of most car seats are very soft and forgiving, not as much care goes into the underside.
Old 01-09-2013, 12:00 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 609 Likes on 493 Posts
So much technology in our cars. They have a fold down arm-rest with dual cup holders in the rear passenger area, yet Honda can't make a seat that has fold down booster option. That shit should be standard. What the hell am I going to do if I need to give ride to my 8-year-old nephew?