Car and Driver-May 2012 comparison

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 03:12 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 2,599 Likes on 1,581 Posts
Originally Posted by winstrolvtec
Maybe so but what does that have to do with the specific suggestions that the TL has been written-off and it also having no appeal outside of this forum? Both highly inaccurate statements.
See this thread which has no help from me

https://acurazine.com/forums/4g-tl-2009-2014-123/5th-gen-tl-same-design-language-rlx-bye-bye-acura-854314/
Old 04-17-2012, 03:13 PM
Drifting

Received 96 Likes on 76 Posts
Originally Posted by cp3117
Im not sure why you created this thread if you get so upset because people have a different opinion. People here have provided facts and links supporting their opinion but It seems like you where hoping for people to grab the Acura banner and fall in blindly behind you. I think your starting to realise that there are auto enthusiasts here and not just people drinking kool-aid.
That's exactly the point. How is that any different than us being auto enthusiasts calling BMW out on their kool-aid drinking?

I would imagine we all own a specific brand car, some multiple but that doesn't mean we are enthusiats because we own the car, we own the car because we are enthusiats.

I think some of you guys need to check yourselves out when it comes to the anti-Acura/TL sentiment as opposed to all of us being blind fan boys, flag in hand just because we disagree as auto enthusiats. Remember who it is that attempting to label who while at the same time participating at a fan dedicated forum while having already established that you do not care for the particular vehicle.

Last edited by winstrolvtec; 04-17-2012 at 03:23 PM.
Old 04-17-2012, 03:17 PM
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 18 Posts
I understand what your trying to say and I even agree with a few of your comments, but obviously not all of them.

"Bear" has already clearly shown that if you look at the scoring in the comparo, the BMW actually had a disavantage buy being fully loaded and at a higher price point over a couple models, therefore losing some points overall.

I even provided you a link to a very similar comparo recently done by Motor Trend that clearly explains their decision when scoring the same loaded 328i in their test. I really dont understand how you can call people closed minded when you even admitted you couldnt open the link to read the article i provided....talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

In 2009 Car and Driver did a similar comparo where the 4G TL was included and it came in dead last. Over the last few years the TL has mostly come in behind vehicles like the A4, etc so who knows why it wasnt in the comparo. Maybe Car and Driver didnt want the vehicle there as it didnt meet the criteria for their test (Like Bear-Av has already explained) or maybe Acura didnt want any bad press against the 4G again and refused to give them a press vehicle which has happened to other mags and manufactuers in the past.

You have to understand that the majority of these mags are at the mercy of what the manufactuer PR teams have avaliable or want to give the mags. Its not like they wander onto some dealers lot and grab what they want all of the time.

Im not sure why you created this thread if you get so upset because people have a different opinion. People here have provided facts and links supporting their opinion but It seems like you where hoping for people to grab the Acura banner and fall in blindly behind you. I think your starting to realise that there are auto enthusiasts here and not just people drinking kool-aid.
how did the tl or tsx do in this article? and if acura "Maybe" didnt want to loan them a vehicle they should have put that in the article. UNDERSTAND MY POINT OR WANT TO ARGUE...

MY POINT IS HOW CAN THE ARTICLE CLAIM A WINNER WHEN THEY DIDN'T INCLUDE ALL OF THE PLAYERS.

how come you don't have a car???
Old 04-17-2012, 03:18 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by BEAR-AvHistory

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=854314
Sorry, I don't see it, can you elaborate? Just give me something factual that directly warrants those two statements.
Old 04-17-2012, 03:19 PM
Racer

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=854314
as you are aware and living proof. forum threads have a lot of shit talkers and ignorant people.

Threads don't prove anything.
Old 04-17-2012, 03:26 PM
Racer

I understand what your trying to say and I even agree with a few of your comments, but obviously not all of them.

"Bear" has already clearly shown that if you look at the scoring in the comparo, the BMW actually had a disavantage buy being fully loaded and at a higher price point over a couple models, therefore losing some points overall.

I even provided you a link to a very similar comparo recently done by Motor Trend that clearly explains their decision when scoring the same loaded 328i in their test. I really dont understand how you can call people closed minded when you even admitted you couldnt open the link to read the article i provided....talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

In 2009 Car and Driver did a similar comparo where the 4G TL was included and it came in dead last. Over the last few years the TL has mostly come in behind vehicles like the A4, etc so who knows why it wasnt in the comparo. Maybe Car and Driver didnt want the vehicle there as it didnt meet the criteria for their test (Like Bear-Av has already explained) or maybe Acura didnt want any bad press against the 4G again and refused to give them a press vehicle which has happened to other mags and manufactuers in the past.

You have to understand that the majority of these mags are at the mercy of what the manufactuer PR teams have avaliable or want to give the mags. Its not like they wander onto some dealers lot and grab what they want all of the time.

The reason i didnt read the article is because I don't care if the Acura won or lost im not upset that they didnt grab the banner. Honestly I like driving one of 3 Zdxs on this island or prob in the state. I like having a car no one likes.

I just wanted to discuss how c&d didn't do this article any justice by stating the bmw won with the clear ommision of other competing vehicles. C&D should be embarressed publishing this kind of article
Old 04-17-2012, 03:30 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by g37guy01
^^^ Remember at one point, Acura transmissions were falling out of the car.

Regarding the sales bump, was Acura offering incentives for January?

I do agree, you can protest CD/RT/etc by cancelling your subscriptions and writing the editors.

You can look at sales rankings on goodcarbadcar.net and see what the relative rankings are of the 3 series, G, TL, etc.
totally ot

I dont know if they did offer incentives but honestly why does it matter. because no one offers incentives to increase sales right?????

Ive seen some pretty good incentives from all manufacures including infiniti and bmw. (stupid point)
Old 04-17-2012, 03:45 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 63 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by HAWAII-TSX
totally ot

I dont know if they did offer incentives but honestly why does it matter. because no one offers incentives to increase sales right?????

Ive seen some pretty good incentives from all manufacures including infiniti and bmw. (stupid point)
Not ot. Why else would a sales bump occur so late into a product cycle? And you might b correct there are other incentives going around.
Old 04-17-2012, 03:56 PM
Suzuka Master

Not ot. Why else would a sales bump occur so late into a product cycle? And you might b correct there are other incentives going around.
It didn't bump just came back to its normal low in Jan 12 with 2200 units after a disastrous Jan 2011 where they only sold 1600 cars.

The leap in sales was just Honda’s PR guys playing with period to period percentages to try to generate excitement among the troops. Looks like it worked in some cases.

Last edited by BEAR-AvHistory; 04-17-2012 at 04:03 PM.
Old 04-17-2012, 05:22 PM
Racer

because the thread titles "TL sales figures" and might b correct????

It didn't bump just came back to its normal low in Jan 12 with 2200 units after a disastrous Jan 2011 where they only sold 1600 cars.

The leap in sales was just Honda’s PR guys playing with period to period percentages to try to generate excitement among the troops. Looks like it worked in some cases.
when you write things like normal low and disastrous thats your opinion and honestly your opinion is worthless so please don't pass judgment.

PR is just doing there job. you really are just picking fights. You are a bitter old man with nothing better to do... I'm glad most 70 y/o cant use the computer or we might have more of you old crazies on here trying to create things to cause arguments. I'm glad you no longer drive an Acura. I'd be embarrassed to be associated with you if you did.

Wheres your grand kids? go play with them instead of us. Or did you offend them also with your confrontational arrogant attitude.

Go drive your car and have a good day. stop wasting it on the computer.

FYI im not upset i'm just messing with an old man. Hahaha
Old 04-17-2012, 06:01 PM
Suzuka Master

You really need to do a better job of it. Just explaining why the 46% jump in sales had no substance & was nothing but smoke & mirrors. You might want to ask yourself why they need to try to BS people about sales improvements that don’t exist.

Teaching my grandson to fly aerobatics but he is at soccer practice today & granddaughter is at ballet; I don't do ballet. That being said I do teach them both Martial Arts 4 nights a week which they enjoy & have done well in local tourneys.

Having some work done in the back yard today & need to hang around so will be posting on occasion, could care less if that bothers you.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:04 PM
Racer

You really need to do a better job of it. Just explaining why the 46% jump in sales had no substance & was nothing but smoke & mirrors. You might want to ask yourself why they need to try to BS people about sales improvements that don’t exist.

Teaching my grandson to fly aerobatics but he is at soccer practice today & granddaughter is at ballet; I don't do ballet. That being said I do teach them both Martial Arts 4 nights a week which they enjoy & have done well in local tourneys.

Having some work done in the back yard today & need to hang around so will be posting on occasion, could care less if that bothers you.
I really dont know why you care or who even brought up sales in my C&D article post.

Honda motor corp doesn't need a bailout like GM so who cares. Acura just came out with 3 new products and 1 new prototype and that's just Acura not Honda. They are moving forward without a hitch. So who really cares about the sales or how they word things.

As long as they make enough money to stick around in the game and create new technology.

Can't wait to see some honda jets flying around. I don't think they will make it to hawaii but oh well kinda cool to think of them moving into airplanes.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:32 PM
Racer

bear this totally describes you. You agree??? Hahaha

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
"Do not feed the trolls" and "DNFTT" redirect here. For the Wikipedia essay, see Wikipediaeny recognition.

The "trollface", first appearing in 2008, is often used to indicate trolling in contemporary internet culture.[1] Modern usage of the word itself dates from 1980s.In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[3] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[4] The noun troll may refer to the provocative message itself, as in: "That was an excellent troll you posted".

While the word troll and its associated verb trolling are associated with Internet discourse, media attention in recent years has made such labels subjective, with trolling describing intentionally provocative actions and harassment outside of an online context. For example, mass media has used troll to describe "a person who defaces Internet tribute sites with the aim of causing grief to families."[
Old 04-17-2012, 10:39 PM
Suzuka Master

There is no need to act out, its not my fault you bought a car that makes the Pontiac Aztec look like a work of automotive high art.
Old 04-17-2012, 11:33 PM
Racer

There is no need to act out, its not my fault you bought a car that makes the Pontiac Aztec look like a work of automotive high art.
if it looks like a troll acts like a troll guess what it must be a troll Hahahaha not acting out just calling it the way it is. If you don't like who you are you should change. I know old people are set in their ways but you can always try. You prob have a year or two left in you.

Troll say what???
Old 04-18-2012, 12:16 AM
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
Hawaii-TSX, take a chill pilll. seriously.

You're complaining that a magazine didn't include a car in a comparison test. I want you to take 10 steps away from the keyboard and contemplate that.

You'll feel better if you let it go.
The following 3 users liked this post by DannyZRC:
cp3117 (04-19-2012), g37guy01 (04-18-2012), HAWAII-TSX (04-18-2012)
Old 04-18-2012, 12:29 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by DannyZRC
Hawaii-TSX, take a chill pilll. seriously.

You're complaining that a magazine didn't include a car in a comparison test. I want you to take 10 steps away from the keyboard and contemplate that.

You'll feel better if you let it go.
Thanks I'm gonna do one step better and head to the gym.
Old 04-18-2012, 07:29 AM
Suzuka Master

Thanks I'm gonna do one step better and head to the gym.
Sounds like a plan...think I will go break some concrete while I still have some life left.

The following users liked this post:
g37guy01 (04-18-2012)
Old 04-18-2012, 12:03 PM
Drifting

Received 565 Likes on 364 Posts
This is great. Make a comment like this on this forum and then cry why oh why do people jump on my posts.

Can't you think of better things to do than insult owners on this forum? Seriously?
The following users liked this post:
HAWAII-TSX (04-18-2012)
Old 04-18-2012, 01:19 PM
Burning Brakes

^^^^ saturno has been insulting BMW owners as long as I've been a member of the forum.
Old 04-18-2012, 01:32 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by JM2010 SH-AWD
This is great. Make a comment like this on this forum and then cry why oh why do people jump on my posts.

Can't you think of better things to do than insult owners on this forum? Seriously?
I must have missed the part where you bought one of the few ZDX's ever sold. Sorry if it offended you but like the Aztek that is one ugly car.

Have no problem with people going after my posts, its to be expected here. Of course https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=854314 is pretty interesting even without my input.
Old 04-18-2012, 01:57 PM
Banned

Received 198 Likes on 147 Posts
^^^^ saturno has been insulting BMW owners as long as I've been a member of the forum.

Can you point at any of my posts "insulting" BMW owners?? Can you?

By the way, I do not think Bear has insulted anyone...not liking a car does not mean insulting its owners...to each his own...
Old 04-18-2012, 02:05 PM
Burning Brakes

You called them badge worshippers, which have a subtext of being mindless sheep hypnotized by the blue and white BMW badge on the car.
Old 04-18-2012, 02:27 PM
Banned

Received 198 Likes on 147 Posts
You called them badge worshippers, which have a subtext of being mindless sheep hypnotized by the blue and white BMW badge on the car.

I never used the term "worshippers" and yes some peole buy a car (or any other object) for the badge and status (yourself admitted that).
It is not an insult by the way.....
Maybe you are the only one on this forum that has not realized the fact aht I actually like BMWs....
Old 04-18-2012, 02:56 PM
Racer

I must have missed the part where you bought one of the few ZDX's ever sold. Sorry if it offended you but like the Aztek that is one ugly car.

Have no problem with people going after my posts, its to be expected here. Of course https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=854314 is pretty interesting even without my input.
You honestly didn't offend me. I knew what people thought about my ugly 05 525 and ugly 07 550 and my ugly 10 zdx but still bought them cause in Hawaii way to many people drive 3 series, c class, tsx, lexus is, audi a4 etc.

I like to be different. Not follow the norm. And honestly I get to talk to a lot of people asking me what kind of car it is and how much it is? how fast is it? how does it drive etc? But honestly no sense in telling this to a old troll.

My car may be ugly but at least im not. I can always buy a car to please other people or that others think are nice (my bmw dealer still has a 2011 335 is bet i could trade my zdx and get a good deal on that). but you can't change your age, personality, or face to make you less ugly. Haha (at least I type all facts)

Last edited by HAWAII-TSX; 04-18-2012 at 03:11 PM.
Old 04-18-2012, 03:05 PM
6G TLX-S

Received 1,143 Likes on 817 Posts
Originally Posted by saturno_v
I never used the term "worshippers" and yes some peole buy a car (or any other object) for the badge and status (yourself admitted that).
It is not an insult by the way.....
Maybe you are the only one on this forum that has not realized the fact aht I actually like BMWs....
In Vancouver, not just SOME people buy BMW's and MB's for the badge and status; it's actually A LOT of people buy BMW's and MB's just to show off their wealth and/or to artificially elevate their perceived class status.

Like I mentioned before, my cleaning lady drives a base 3-series, and my sister's cleaning lady drives a base 5-series. After work, they feel particularly proud driving around in their BMW's, because they believe that no one is gonna "look down" on them after seeing them able to afford expensive (badge effect) luxury cars.
Old 04-18-2012, 03:21 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Edward'TLS
In Vancouver, not just SOME people buy BMW's and MB's for the badge and status; it's actually A LOT of people buy BMW's and MB's just to show off their wealth and/or to artificially elevate their perceived class status.

Like I mentioned before, my cleaning lady drives a base 3-series, and my sister's cleaning lady drives a base 5-series. After work, they feel particularly proud driving around in their BMW's, because they believe that no one is gonna "look down" on them after seeing them able to afford expensive (badge effect) luxury cars.
Jeez, I feel equally proud driving around in my g as well as my wife's rav4. What does that say about me? I guess driving around in the rav4 people who drive clunkers will look up at me and be jealous because I can afford a rav4 and they can't.
Old 04-18-2012, 03:26 PM
Racer

In Hawaii not only cleaning ladies drive bmws or MB its hotel maids, fast food workers, Korean bar maids, etc. I don't think they buy them for performance cause they are normally base models. You must be on to something. Im enlightened.
Old 04-18-2012, 03:30 PM
Racer

Jeez, I feel equally proud driving around in my g as well as my wife's rav4. What does that say about me? I guess driving around in the rav4 people who drive clunkers will look up at me and be jealous because I can afford a rav4 and they can't.
That says you drive your car cause you like it. Not to impress others. You are not shallow.

If you did buy based on badge or to elevate your status you would have bought a base 3 series prob for less than you bought your infiniti for.
Old 04-18-2012, 03:31 PM
Drifting

Similarly to what you are saying and how it ties into the TL, I know a few people who would readily admit that the TL is a great car for them and also a great value and they don't mind the styling, can't see what all of the fuss is about but don't think there is nothing to it either but because of the perception around that and perhaps of the brand and other brands overall, plus the typical and useless sales comparisons (in this regard), they can't seem to pull the trigger.

Then they tell me the "other" cars don't suit them as well, their lifetsyles and their budget but it was a "safe" pick and more accepted. IMO these folks lack a strong individuality and rely on others for approval and to tell them what is ok or not.

I take it there are a number of people who try to "swallow" their decision against the TL despite their better judgment and one of the best ways to do that is attempting to convince themselves the car is much much worse than it actually is. In essence one becomes a "bully" of said vehicle and the people who drive them. I think we see a lot of that here as this would be one of the best places and also one of best ways to "try" and convince one's self of that.
Old 04-18-2012, 03:34 PM
6G TLX-S

I don't think any one would interested in what says about you.

I'm merely stating the mindset of the Vancouver (and possible elsewhere) people.

But one thing I'm certain is that Toyota will NEVER have the same "luxury badge effect" that comes with the highly desirable BMW and MB brands.
Old 04-18-2012, 03:37 PM
6G TLX-S

In Hawaii not only cleaning ladies drive bmws or MB its hotel maids, fast food workers, Korean bar maids, etc. I don't think they buy them for performance cause they are normally base models. You must be on to something. Im enlightened.
Wow, BMW's and MB's in Hawaii must have a very cheap price tag, compared to most of the world outside Europe.
Old 04-18-2012, 04:35 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by winstrolvtec
Similarly to what you are saying and how it ties into the TL, I know a few people who would readily admit that the TL is a great car for them and also a great value and they don't mind the styling, can't see what all of the fuss is about but don't think there is nothing to it either but because of the perception around that and perhaps of the brand and other brands overall, plus the typical and useless sales comparisons (in this regard), they can't seem to pull the trigger.

Then they tell me the "other" cars don't suit them as well, their lifetsyles and their budget but it was a "safe" pick and more accepted. IMO these folks lack a strong individuality and rely on others for approval and to tell them what is ok or not.

I take it there are a number of people who try to "swallow" their decision against the TL despite their better judgment and one of the best ways to do that is attempting to convince themselves the car is much much worse than it actually is. In essence one becomes a "bully" of said vehicle and the people who drive them. I think we see a lot of that here as this would be one of the best places and also one of best ways to "try" and convince one's self of that.
I totally agree. (People dont get upset)- this is why I started this thread about this article. The magazine passed judgement on Acura from the beginning by not including it in the article. I understand everyones points about the car being older and being tested before but honestly other less biased magazines still put the MDX into comparisons and it came out in 2007. I feel its the magazines responsibility to give all the facts when making a comparison like they did and not to pass judgement. They should have at least mentioned the other cars in its class and or say something like the bmw 328 is the winner of this small bunch.

BMWs are great cars I know I've owned some but the reason I didn't buy a bmw this go around is partly because this image they project. Honestly stepping out of the norm and being an individual has really made me happy with my decision.

Acura showed they could get the folks that "lack a strong individuality" in the past and compete quite well (3g tl for example) Acura tried to be different with the TL and for this they don't get the credit they deserve. I think its performance is better in every way then the 3g tl but the looks don't follow the norm so people pass judgement. I myself didn't love the looks of the 4g tl but ended up buying it after a test drive.(simply amazing and it wasnt even the sh-awd) . Then I got a sh-awd as a loaner (simply more amazing) and knew I needed it in my next vehicle. I always loved the ZDX since it came out (before I bought the TL) but didn't want to admit it cause of what everyone else thought about the design/price but after driving my not much loved by others 4g tl for a year I ended up loving the design and not caring what other people thought. The ZDX now was a no brainer for me. Get the car I loved from the beginning and the sh-awd performance I wanted. Thank you Acura for building a vehicle that seems custom tailored to me (not the normal guy).
Old 04-18-2012, 04:46 PM
Suzuka Master

Must really suck having a fast food kid driving a more upscale car or at least buying one perceived to be a more upscale car then your ZDX. A choice between a 3 series or a ZDX. Amazing what you can do on minimum wage these days, ain't America great.

Interesting thing about this forum; there are about 12 members (will have to add tsx/mdx not sure if that counts for one or two) who form the core fan group. The other car forums I go to have much larger member bases & core groups but this forum spends the more time talking about other cars then all the others put together.

On the other forums cars not germane to the forum rarely ever come up & when the do in a lot of cases the get pretty good support from the members. There is one long running M3 vs. Mustang for track day on a BMW site & the Mustang is getting a lot of positive points, including mine, as a better track day car.

That being said I really enjoy my truck which my grand daughter wants when she gets her license next year.

Old 04-18-2012, 05:03 PM
Racer

Wow, BMW's and MB's in Hawaii must have a very cheap price tag, compared to most of the world outside Europe.
its the lease specials. Our Bmw dealer can lease a car to almost anyone. People who can't purchase a KIA cause of bad, little or no credit can lease a bmw.

Even lots of the people who live in our city housing developments with 5 people living in a 2 bd room apt drive bmws here.

Hawaii is a small place with lots of people with large families. Id say about half of the island is in retail or hospitality work or somehow tied to it so even though it seems like an entry level job elsewhere its really quite the average here I think (no facts on this). I feel this creates a superficial pecking order between each other. We have a hawaiian word "Niele" (pronouced "knee-el-ay") is a Hawaiian word that means curious, nosy or inquisitive). Hawaii has a lot of Niele people. we all talk about each other and each others business. Its like one giant family. This makes everyone feel the need to peacock.
Old 04-18-2012, 05:30 PM
Racer

Must really suck having a fast food kid driving a more upscale car or at least buying one perceived to be a more upscale car then your ZDX. A choice between a 3 series or a ZDX. Amazing what you can do on minimum wage these days, ain't America great.

Interesting thing about this forum; there are about 12 members (will have to add tsx/mdx not sure if that counts for one or two) who form the core fan group. The other car forums I go to have much larger member bases & core groups but this forum spends the more time talking about other cars then all the others put together.

On the other forums cars not germane to the forum rarely ever come up & when the do in a lot of cases the get pretty good support from the members. There is one long running M3 vs. Mustang for track day on a BMW site & the Mustang is getting a lot of positive points, including mine, as a better track day car.

That being said I really enjoy my truck which my grand daughter wants when she gets her license next year.

Im joining the other 30216 members you cant see cause they blocked you and block you too. Enjoy your remaining years. ( I really feel sorry for you and was trying to help you be more open minded I guess old guys really are set in your ways)
Old 04-18-2012, 05:36 PM
Drifting

The way I see it, and I would imagine the others do as well, there are a few reasons why "other cars get talked about so much" and I think you would be doing yourself (and the rest of us) a good service by investigating your role in that.

You see, a lot of the discussion starts out as other cars in relation to the TL which is relatively normal, but there are a handful of people here who do not make up the core group but they might as well, the only issue is they do not actually own the vehicle, which would be ok except that they have ultimately expressed that they do not actually care for the vehicle, which clearly means they are present for the opposite reasons as the rest.

It's a lot of these individuals' inflammatory remarks and pointless judgments that trigger those beaten to death, off topic discussions and keep them going but that's not necessarily a bad thing because it does go to show that this community is actually an enthusiats based one that actually has the ability to openly discuss other cars as opposed to blind, cult-like fan bases on other sites (that "they" also belong to) where it's basically an unwritten rule or you will catch a lot of heat for it that it isn't even worth it.
Old 04-18-2012, 06:22 PM
Suzuka Master

Sorry but I don't bring the "other cars" up here the core group does to compare with the TL, hopefully I guess to add some weight to the TL’s image, so at that point I feel free to respond. Its nice to see at that point it does not become a group hug with no views & no posts.

About my posts, notice which threads get the most hits/posts on this site which is good for the sites owners revenue. As for other sites being cult like & this forum being a bastion of freedom & light you have to be kidding me. The general reaction here when some one commits the heresy of going to another brand is very cult like.

Congratulations on your new car but you know its going to be in the shop all the time. Congratulations on your new car to bad it has no resale value. Congratulations on your new car to bad its overpriced. Congratulations on your new Hyundai/Kia you know its not as good as a Acura & on & on. You notice a pattern here?

The iinternet to me is good for two things, information & entertainment. Some fan site tend to be light on well rounded information & this one is certainly great entertainment.

I guess one out of two ain’t bad.
The following 2 users liked this post by BEAR-AvHistory:
Costco (04-18-2012), cp3117 (04-19-2012)
Old 04-18-2012, 06:39 PM
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Actually they cost a bit more because of the destination charges and lack of competition. Here in Hawaii the social/economic structure is very different. There are many immigrants who have several generations living in 1 home. There are multiple incomes for the one house hold. Housing here in Hawaii is expensive, so for many esp the immigrants who have just come to the states this is the only way to survive. For instance my home which is only 2k sqft on a 5k sqft lot was just appraised for 1.25mil. I myself cannot pay the 5k mortgage myself. I live with my twin brother (hawaii-TSX). Gas is now $4.75 a gal for reg thankfully the island is small so commutes are relatively short. Actually I think the maids here make a lot of money, prolly close to 6 figures most of which is not taxed.

So no the cars are not cheaper, but there are people who sacrifice having a home to themselves, and spend their money on cars (Status symbols).
Old 04-18-2012, 06:59 PM
Drifting

Sorry but I don't bring the "other cars" up here the core group does to compare with the TL, hopefully I guess to add some weight to the TL’s image, so at that point I feel free to respond. Its nice to see at that point it does not become a group hug with no views & no posts.

About my posts, notice which threads get the most hits/posts on this site which is good for the sites owners revenue. As for other sites being cult like & this forum being a bastion of freedom & light you have to be kidding me. The general reaction here when some one commits the heresy of going to another brand is very cult like.

Congratulations on your new car but you know its going to be in the shop all the time. Congratulations on your new car to bad it has no resale value. Congratulations on your new car to bad its overpriced. Congratulations on your new Hyundai/Kia you know its not as good as a Acura & on & on. You notice a pattern here?

The iinternet to me is good for two things, information & entertainment. Some fan site tend to be light on well rounded information & this one is certainly great entertainment.

I guess one out of two ain’t bad.
It's far from perfect or ideal here but I'm pretty sure most are a lot worse, and comments like that are nowhere near exclusive to just this board. If you would like to participate in an experiment, why not pick your favorite 3 series board and make up thread about replacing your 335is with a new TL SH 6MT. Make it as convincing as possible, do it justice and post a new thread with a link here, then we can compare.

At least you openly admit why you frequent here, although I am not so sure that's not borderline trolling but regardless, this experiment would be very entertaining, and maybe we can all learn something as well.

Last edited by winstrolvtec; 04-18-2012 at 07:02 PM.

Quick Reply: Car and Driver-May 2012 comparison