Bling or no bling?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 10:18 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bling or no bling?

OK, I've considered getting the Sport trim ever since I heard of it. I've seen both sets of photos. One looks like chrome, one looks much darker. I don't like the uber-chrome one, but do like George's darker one.

FWIW, my car is grigio/black, and I'm considering adding the 19" Diamonds along with the grille and rear trim. What I can't get a handle on is how dark the grille really is. My local dealer can get it, but I don't really want to commit to $4-500 for something I'm going to hate.

For those who have one, would this look good on a grigio car? Better yet, does anyone have the trim on a grigio car?
Old 03-03-2010, 11:12 AM
Grandpa

Received 2,609 Likes on 1,475 Posts

http://is.rely.net/1-92-94108-l-HJY2...UVg7SRZP2w.jpg

The link is a large image that I wouldn't want to attach with IMG tags.

The "midnight chrome" is not a huge change over the "satin chrome" but I like it a little more.

If you have the OEM 18" wheels, you can imagine a grille that is the same colour. It pretty much matches the wheels and other trim on the car, like the door handles and the chrome on the flying buttresses at the rear glass.

It also changes colour slightly in weather and lighting. It is an overcast, grey day here in Virginia.
Old 03-03-2010, 11:37 AM
The Sicilian

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by George Knighton

http://is.rely.net/1-92-94108-l-HJY2...UVg7SRZP2w.jpg

The link is a large image that I wouldn't want to attach with IMG tags.

The "midnight chrome" is not a huge change over the "satin chrome" but I like it a little more.

If you have the OEM 18" wheels, you can imagine a grille that is the same colour. It pretty much matches the wheels and other trim on the car, like the door handles and the chrome on the flying buttresses at the rear glass.
I totally agree with George. I think it looks great especially if you have the OEM 18" wheels. I think it makes a complete package and it actually looks like that's how the car should have come originally.
Old 03-03-2010, 12:13 PM
2010 TL AWD 6MT: New King

Received 165 Likes on 104 Posts
George, the sports grill looks very nice on PM. Thanks for posting/linking the pics. The "chrome" definitely matches the rest of the car (ie. rims, door handles). Hmmm...
Old 03-06-2010, 10:19 PM
Drifting

Received 364 Likes on 190 Posts
It looks great! I think that especially from the side (usually the ugliest angle of the grille) it is now flowing much better with the rest of the car. Though it is more reflective than the satin one, it is actually LESS obnoxious and less obvious than the original one.

The price on the Acura website is about $400 for both front and back - would they also charge installation fee for this?
Old 03-07-2010, 11:42 AM
Racer

Received 58 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by Milliron
OK, I've considered getting the Sport trim ever since I heard of it. I've seen both sets of photos. One looks like chrome, one looks much darker. I don't like the uber-chrome one, but do like George's darker one.

FWIW, my car is grigio/black, and I'm considering adding the 19" Diamonds along with the grille and rear trim. What I can't get a handle on is how dark the grille really is. My local dealer can get it, but I don't really want to commit to $4-500 for something I'm going to hate.

For those who have one, would this look good on a grigio car? Better yet, does anyone have the trim on a grigio car?
I say go for it, I seen the midnight chrome installed in the showroom and I was hooked. I have purchased mine and will be joining the party shortly (car is the shop minor rear bumper damage). It definetly does hide some of the plenums defects. I have PMM, Grigio was my first choice (loved it) but could not find one with umber interior (also my first choice) and best color combo Grigio/Umber or PMM/Umber but Acura got rid of it. I recieved 20% of the parts, price is a little steep considering no change in looks so had to do some bargaining, but I have no problem with the looks of the plenum (with the exception of crawling on the hood). If the price is right do it.