Anyone else have these small issues?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2012, 07:35 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 133 Likes on 108 Posts
Anyone else have these small issues?

Before the warranty is up on my TL, I'm inclined to have a couple of things looked at, but I thought I'd canvas the mambers here and see if the issues I'm having (all minor) are common or not.

First, on cold days, I notice I get some fogging in the raised stop lamp housing. You can see it in a picture I added to my album a while back.

On hot days, when the sun has really heated it up, the trunk lid creaks terribly (on opening and closing). Almost to the point of having a bit of a "clicking".

My windshield has a bit of a distortion when looking towards the the front passenger fender (not "at" the fender, but in that general direction). Almost like the glass is warped or "coke-bottled" a bit there.

All admittedly minor issues, but can be annoying. The windshield, for instance, seems like it could be ignored, but every morning when I do the "right-hand corkscrew" into my parkade, I can't help but notice it on every turn.

Is this unique to my ride, or have others seen these sorts of things?
Old 07-17-2012, 07:01 AM
Pro

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts
I have the creaking noise in the trunk. It is annoying and I was going to mention something to the dealer the next time I take it in.
Old 07-18-2012, 09:48 AM
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
My trunk also creaks - dealership should be able to fix it w/o charging you, as they did for my back window that was making noises when I would pull it up.

I have a passenger turn signal housing that needs to be replaced - there's a crack in it somewhere, because condensation is building up in there, and I'm sure it's going to ruin the bulb eventually.

My outside temp sensor is also out of whack. It's not correctly reading the temp, which is only slightly irritating, but I'm sure that will not be covered under a warranty ( neither will the turn signal ).

How much do these "minor" issues annoy you? Would you pay your insurance deductible to replace the windshield? And what happens if you get a replacement windsheild that's even worse (I've personally had that happen on a previous vehicle)? Then you have a whole new set of problems.

Personally, I'd get the lamp housing checked out, and see if the dealership can do a quick fix on the creaky trunk. The windsheild seems like it would be a large expenditure, and possibly not worth it, because Murphy's law will probably throw a rock your way and crack your new one
Old 07-18-2012, 09:57 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 609 Likes on 493 Posts
It is rare for a Windshield to have any sort of distortion. It is, after-all, a safety issue. However, short of checking for a recall for that issue (by vin#) you are prob SOL at dealer.