(Acura)te invoice pricing on this specific config with wooden trims?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2009, 11:33 PM
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
(Acura)te invoice pricing on this specific config with wooden trims?

Greetings people, my first day on the forum. This comes from Long Island, NY. I went to the Smithtown Dealership today. Loved the wood grain interior but upon looking over the internet I see most people don't have that on. On the Acura website, there's no 'wooden trim' option either - I just see a wooden steering ($510) and a wooden gear knob ($150) option. How do I learn about the rest of the wooden trim costs? The sales person said something around $725 so I'm guessing that includes this $510 + $150... but I'm trying to find some accurate source for this to compare the INVOICE pricing for these add-ons.

Also, one of the TL's had the nice chrome window molding around it, and that seems like a dealer option too since I couldn't see that listed on the Acura website. So any ideas if I can exclude that for my purchase and get it done aftermarket?

For the 2010 TL + AWD + Tech package, their invoice pricing + 8.625 NY sales tax was coming to around $40,059 including delivery charge. I'm assuming if I want the wooden trim + the chrome molding that would be an extra dealer addon on top of this amount.

I also noticed on sites like Edmunds, they don't let you add each option individually and it just gives an MSRP/Invoice on the 'national base' or so... I was looking at other cars on these sites where I can find out the invoice pricing on each option too... anyone know any site or have a list of invoive pricing on individual options for the TL?
Old 11-17-2009, 08:11 AM
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Well invoice on that model is $39759 incl destination charges. Acura really doesn't have options like other car manufacturers, they sell different trim levels. The other items you mentioned are most likely "dealer installed options". No good way to get the actual cost of them.

I remember there used to be a wood interior option for the 3G TL, but haven't seen that for the 4G. You could check pricing on 3G wood and it may be similar for the 4G.

By my calculations invoice price + NYS sales tax would be $43188. At that price it's great deal. I was able to buy mine for $500 over invoice, so if they are selling at invoice, I'd jump on that.
Old 11-17-2009, 10:05 AM
Thbbbbbbbbbbbt

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by StuartMMVITL
Well invoice on that model is $39759 incl destination charges.

By my calculations invoice price + NYS sales tax would be $43188. At that price it's great deal. I was able to buy mine for $500 over invoice, so if they are selling at invoice, I'd jump on that.
x2 Holy crap... if you are getting it for $40059 including sales tax I would be jumping ALL over that. Are you sure that you are getting a 2010 TL SH-AWD w/Tech?
Old 11-17-2009, 10:45 AM
Instructor

That is a really good price, make sure they don't add anything on the tail end.

That is bascially the would grain nothing more to it and those are the ball park prices for those parts. Around $382 for the wood steering and $122 for the wood shift knob. If that is the final sales price I would jump all over it sounds a little too good to be true.
Old 11-17-2009, 02:01 PM
8th Gear

Let me talk to them once again and get more clear numbers. I did talk with a lot of pressure and 'demanded' to see their invoice pricing straight up. I said I'm not buying right now I just want to calculate based on those numbers rather than on MSRP numbers. They mentioned that maybe next month there'd be some dealer cash back discount deals for the winter? Anyone any idea?
Old 11-17-2009, 02:10 PM
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by dudafunk
Let me talk to them once again and get more clear numbers. I did talk with a lot of pressure and 'demanded' to see their invoice pricing straight up. I said I'm not buying right now I just want to calculate based on those numbers rather than on MSRP numbers. They mentioned that maybe next month there'd be some dealer cash back discount deals for the winter? Anyone any idea?
There usually are good deals to be had in December especially right before the new year. They need to not only meet the monthly quotas but also try to bridge the gap of meeting the yearly sales if they have not met them. Add to the fact that most people are spending their $$ on christmas presents, it makes sense that great deals could be had in december.
Old 11-17-2009, 04:28 PM
Advanced

Wow, $40059 including TTL plus all that options?
Sounds too good to be true.
If that becomes the final deal, let me know their contact number.
I'm driving all the way over there to buy one. Seriously.

Dan
Old 11-17-2009, 04:36 PM
I have car ADD

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts
Damn, i got a sweet deal on mine, and it was like 41,100 OTD
Old 11-17-2009, 04:52 PM
Thbbbbbbbbbbbt

Originally Posted by BLACKURA_NY
Damn, i got a sweet deal on mine, and it was like 41,100 OTD
Yes you did! and it is an awesome specimen given what you have done to it, however yours is an 2009 and he is quoting a 2010.
Old 11-17-2009, 05:12 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts
I always go to that dealership, they are the best. Their service department is also top class.

The wood trim and exterior chrome pillars are aftermarket accessories. I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to negotiate it into the selling price.

Good luck on whatever you decide to do and keep us updated
Old 11-17-2009, 05:56 PM
Thbbbbbbbbbbbt

Sorry Blackura..... I totally did not read your post correctly... pulling my head out of my ass now
Old 11-17-2009, 09:25 PM
8th Gear

I found this link to get some basic prices of the wooden kits (minus the wooden steering + wooden gear knob which are official options):

http://www.carid.com/2009-acura-tl-w...n-dash-kits-1/

$222.30 for the full kit + $31 for the overhead kit + $70.20 for the exterior kit that includes the window pillars. Thats under $400 for these extras. They're asking for $983 for the (222 + 30) combo so thats just ridiculous.

Does anyone know the kind of costs involved in installation if I just order these kits online?

I test drove today. It was as expected, no complaints. Just that the technology package nav does not play video DVDs, only recognizes DVD audio, and neither can I change the factory radio with my current pop out DVD player :-(

I decided to opt for the FWD instead of AWD so we crunched those numbers today. I doubt they're going to agree to throw in the wood trim on the selling price.. really doubt it, but I can ask other dealers to see if THEY could give me this as an incentive..