4G TL Tech - Remote start - some answers

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2010, 06:43 PM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
4G TL Tech - Remote start - some answers

Does anyone have a solution in their TL that will let you remote start it and then use the hand sensor handles to get in without turning the car off first?
Old 08-20-2010, 11:27 PM
I have car ADD

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts
acura website lists remote starter as an option... ive still yet to probe into that

i've had a viper (or other DEI brand) remote starter on every car, ive ever owned... ever.

this is the first car without... kinda bugs me.
Old 08-21-2010, 10:16 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by BLACKURA_NY
acura website lists remote starter as an option... ive still yet to probe into that

i've had a viper (or other DEI brand) remote starter on every car, ive ever owned... ever.

this is the first car without... kinda bugs me.
the standard acura one requires you to turn the car off via the remote, then unlock you car, get in and start it again.

If GM can make their remote starts work without having to kill the engine im sure someone can make an acura do it...
Old 08-23-2010, 08:37 AM
Instructor

Looks like i found out some details...

using the flashlogic module you can indeed have the car running and unlock the doors. it will however unlock all of the doors. This is RE a honda accord so i hope its similar.

Explaining you the way the ADS-DLSL HA works with the doorlocks will certainly help to demistify what's going on.

When the vehicle Ignition is turned OFF; the ADS module will send the doorlocks codes through Data (using doorlock Data) at this point, we are emulating the OEM remotes. Using this method with Ignition OFF gives you the ability to control the driver priority unlock, lock, trunk and OEM alarm.

When the Ignition is ON; the vehicle doesn't accept the remote Data anymore (it's the way the vehicle is built) at that point (when we receive ignition on the Pink wire) we change our doorlocks control to hardwire mode (this is when we start sending (-) pulses on the Grey & Blue wires behind the fuse box). This way you still control the doorlocks (no driver priority Unlock with ignition on). The way the plug is shown on the schematic is Pin sides when the plug is disconnected from the fuse box (this is confusing and we will change it to wire side). The Grey and Blue wires are the same going in the driver door in a Grey enveloppe.

When you remote start, there's another factor which is important;
As soon the ADS module will receive GWR, it will stop all doorlock activities and go in what we call a Immobilizer Ready mode (the module waits for the Immobilizer code). When the engine is started (we received (+) start signal on the Black/White wire) we return to doorlocks operations.

Wish it will help you to debug the problem you have!
http://www.12voltdata.com/viewtopic.php?f=69&t=1402
Old 12-10-2010, 09:14 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sorry to bring back an old thread but, is this possible now? i hate that my car shuts off when i open the door
Old 12-10-2010, 10:30 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts
Viper's remote start is compatible with the smart key, it just needs a different module

http://www.viper.com/BuildYourSystem/Default.aspx
Old 12-10-2010, 10:31 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by kenny powers
sorry to bring back an old thread but, is this possible now? i hate that my car shuts off when i open the door
there is no way of getting around that with the oem system
Old 12-11-2010, 08:44 AM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
You can get it through an Acura dealership as a manufactures accessory per Acura's website.
Old 05-03-2011, 11:55 AM
Instructor

welp i lasted this long. guess im gona go for it without figuring out how to bypass it.
Old 05-03-2011, 01:25 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was not able to get that by-passed. Talked to 2 good remote starter installers (Cincinnati area) and no luck.
Old 05-03-2011, 01:46 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,092 Likes on 714 Posts
Why would you want to bypass that security feature? It isn't that hard to restart the engine. It's a bit of a hassle but still better than not having the remote start, IMO.

Someone could break the window and drive off with your car.... which is why the open door-kill engine feature exists.

Old 05-03-2011, 02:51 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Stew4HD
Someone could break the window and drive off with your car.... which is why the open door-kill engine feature exists.

most remote start systems will shut the engine off (by pressing the brake) if you don't have a key.
Old 05-03-2011, 03:33 PM
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by 007Acura
most remote start systems will shut the engine off (by pressing the brake) if you don't have a key.

That works for cars that use a key in the ignition. With push button start, the remote start bypass overrides the need for the keyfob to be nearby to start the car and then kills it when the door is opened. If not anyone could drive off with the car. I had this same conversation with several local installers when I was pricing alarm/remote start for my car.
Old 05-03-2011, 05:07 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by blkhwkz
That works for cars that use a key in the ignition. With push button start, the remote start bypass overrides the need for the keyfob to be nearby to start the car and then kills it when the door is opened. If not anyone could drive off with the car. I had this same conversation with several local installers when I was pricing alarm/remote start for my car.
Push button start cars can have a remote start that stays on when you open the door. You have to press the on button twice to turn off the rs and resume normal control. I've seen aftermarket units installed on infinitis and altimas etc. The acura oem system doesn't do this & I haven't seen any aftermarket systems installed on the 4g tl.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTF3g3t8VpA
Old 06-28-2013, 12:52 AM
Leather so soft.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Stew4HD
Why would you want to bypass that security feature? It isn't that hard to restart the engine. It's a bit of a hassle but still better than not having the remote start, IMO.

so can they break the window, climb in through the window and drive off?
Old 06-28-2013, 04:01 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,092 Likes on 714 Posts
Originally Posted by AcPimpin
so can they break the window, climb in through the window and drive off?
Necro bump alert
Old 06-29-2013, 06:09 PM
8th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
you can ABSOLUTELY do it and quite easily, however not via the door handle/sense unlock. . . you can have it running with remote start and unlock it via your viper/dei remote (any installer who tells you otherwise is probably not MECP certified) . . . As far as running with remote start and unlocking via the door handle/sense I or anyone else would need a diagram and I am SURE it can be done but will be EXTREMELY DIFFICULT and cost $$$$
Old 06-29-2013, 06:55 PM
Pro

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by EGmmBAH
you can ABSOLUTELY do it and quite easily, however not via the door handle/sense unlock. . . you can have it running with remote start and unlock it via your viper/dei remote (any installer who tells you otherwise is probably not MECP certified) . . . As far as running with remote start and unlocking via the door handle/sense I or anyone else would need a diagram and I am SURE it can be done but will be EXTREMELY DIFFICULT and cost $$$$
I did it on my car.. Used a compustar alar, because they have a disarm/arm programmable input.
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...ight=Compustar