2012 TL or 2009 Lexus IS-F

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 05:04 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by compewterbleu
A suped up corrolla or an Acura, hmmmm.
I'm not too sure your statement is fair comparing the TL & IS-F. Which do you mean, Corolla vs Civic or Acura vs Lexus? A 2011 IS-F's base starts at $59,750 and loaded $65,160 vs 2012 TL starting at $35,605 or loaded $45,945. So I'm sure we can all agree the extra $20,000 for the IS-F is performance enhancements. If the OP is willing to do his intelligence and make sure the IS-F is up to par, he will have a faster and better handling car then the TL hands down. True he can buy new, but he's looking to step up the level of performance for a certain price point. Personally I think he should go with a Porsche being the backseat of the IS-F is as useful as the rear seat in a 911. IMHO of course.
Old 03-27-2011, 05:25 PM
Intermediate

Every time I see an IS-F jealously is like no where in the neighborhood. That dude will be like a co-worker of mine in a few years trying to fit a growing kid in his IS. It's the same size as a Corolla. I see the elderly couple and think smart consumers. Practically is a factor, I know folks with with cars similar in size, in fact I have a co-worker, 37, trying to get out of an IS because his kids are too big to fit in the back now. I shake my head wondering what folks are thinking when they have a young family with an Eclipse or small coupe with a child seat crammed in the back.
.... this is silly....

for the same price as the ISF or TL, the OP could also get a fully loaded Honda Odyssey, or an MDX, or any other numerous cars with more space.

Hell... why not save 30 grand and just buy an old Ford Windstar, has way more space than an ISF or TL for that matter.... plus you save a ton of money!

you might as well tell people that buy ferraris and lambos they are stupid because it has no room for kids.... his question wasn't what would be better for a family? because honestly neither are ideal for family situations, a minivan or SUV would be better.

for the record......

its ridiculous to even put the ISF in the same sentence talking about a corolla comparison... thats just ignorance. comparing an ISF to a corolla other than the fact they both have 4 doors, and are made by toyota is just out right stupid. unless you like to compare s2000's and NSXs to Civics???? it border line stupid to even compare an F to an IS 250 or 350, but obviously they share the same body, and name, lol, thats about where it stops though.

bottom line is this the OP wants to know our opinions on which would be a better car to pick up, and gave us 2 choices...

if your looking at it from a performance stand point... the ISF all day, no question about it (even not a performance stand point, in my opinion AND IVE OWNED BOTH)

if you want a full factory warranty a bigger, slower car, with a couple of added features (and a couple features you'll lose) then get the new TL

My vote is the IS-F. Even if they were the same price get the IS-F.

51k miles is not that bad, its not low by any means, but its not bad.... plus the OP already mentioned he would be looking maybe at a 2010 ISF, which would have much less miles. so thats a moot point.

Like i said, i currently own a 2010 SHAWD TL, and my previous car was an ISF, and i kick myself every day for getting rid of my F, not that the TL is a bad car, dont get me wrong, but the F was hands down the better car(my opinion of course)
Old 03-27-2011, 05:31 PM
Intermediate

Hey did you notice now Toyota is using Scions to create Lexus models? And they are about as cheesy as the Scions are....

... this cracks me up too...

coming from someone that drives a car that has been on many of the "top 10 ugliest cars" lists lol...

i personally dont mind the looks of the my 2010 TL, but we all know here that the 2009+ TLs are considered by many sources "very controversial" to say the least...
Old 03-27-2011, 05:45 PM
3rd Gear

I believe that the OP should get what fits his current needs and driving style. As long as the Lexus has been well maintained and has the service records to prove it, then he can not go wrong either way. I will say this, Acura does have some great lease and financing rates right now which he may want to include in his decision, although the Lexus has already taken its depreciation hit already.
Old 03-27-2011, 05:57 PM
Cruisin'

Glad to see there are some who noticed some of the rationalizations and comparisons offered were totally ridiculous!
Old 03-27-2011, 07:28 PM
Mademoiselle Chanel!!

Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts
Originally Posted by jmorton3381
... this cracks me up too...

coming from someone that drives a car that has been on many of the "top 10 ugliest cars" lists lol...

i personally dont mind the looks of the my 2010 TL, but we all know here that the 2009+ TLs are considered by many sources "very controversial" to say the least...
1.Last I checked the 2010 TL and 2009 looked the same.
2.I could care less what some paid critic says in a biased review, I think for myself.
3. I like the look, controversial doesn't mean ugly, reference Webster son.
Old 03-27-2011, 07:35 PM
Mademoiselle Chanel!!

.... this is silly....

for the same price as the ISF or TL, the OP could also get a fully loaded Honda Odyssey, or an MDX, or any other numerous cars with more space.

Hell... why not save 30 grand and just buy an old Ford Windstar, has way more space than an ISF or TL for that matter.... plus you save a ton of money!

you might as well tell people that buy ferraris and lambos they are stupid because it has no room for kids.... his question wasn't what would be better for a family? because honestly neither are ideal for family situations, a minivan or SUV would be better.

for the record......

its ridiculous to even put the ISF in the same sentence talking about a corolla comparison... thats just ignorance. comparing an ISF to a corolla other than the fact they both have 4 doors, and are made by toyota is just out right stupid. unless you like to compare s2000's and NSXs to Civics???? it border line stupid to even compare an F to an IS 250 or 350, but obviously they share the same body, and name, lol, thats about where it stops though.

bottom line is this the OP wants to know our opinions on which would be a better car to pick up, and gave us 2 choices...

if your looking at it from a performance stand point... the ISF all day, no question about it (even not a performance stand point, in my opinion AND IVE OWNED BOTH)

if you want a full factory warranty a bigger, slower car, with a couple of added features (and a couple features you'll lose) then get the new TL

51k miles is not that bad, its not low by any means, but its not bad.... plus the OP already mentioned he would be looking maybe at a 2010 ISF, which would have much less miles. so thats a moot point.

Like i said, i currently own a 2010 SHAWD TL, and my previous car was an ISF, and i kick myself every day for getting rid of my F, not that the TL is a bad car, dont get me wrong, but the F was hands down the better car(my opinion of course)
What's all this damn jibba jabba. The Corolla and it share the same platform...it may stop there but that's what I was stating. It's apples and oranges in the comparison of IS vs TL...size and design of purpose are totally different. The IS is better from whose perspective?
Old 03-27-2011, 07:39 PM
Mademoiselle Chanel!!

Originally Posted by Slaymaster
I'm not too sure your statement is fair comparing the TL & IS-F. Which do you mean, Corolla vs Civic or Acura vs Lexus? A 2011 IS-F's base starts at $59,750 and loaded $65,160 vs 2012 TL starting at $35,605 or loaded $45,945. So I'm sure we can all agree the extra $20,000 for the IS-F is performance enhancements. If the OP is willing to do his intelligence and make sure the IS-F is up to par, he will have a faster and better handling car then the TL hands down. True he can buy new, but he's looking to step up the level of performance for a certain price point. Personally I think he should go with a Porsche being the backseat of the IS-F is as useful as the rear seat in a 911. IMHO of course.
The IS is an different vehicle with a different demographics and and for a different purpose. Not sure if handling is just based on dry ideal situation or day to day true life road scenarios, give me the SH_AWD swiss knife any day.
My point was picking at the IS being based on the Corolla platform.
Old 03-27-2011, 07:41 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by 03tLsNBP
my next door neighbor has a black IS-F and every time he pulls into his driveway I get extremely jealous. the noise of that IS-F is . he is around 30-35 and married with one kid.

same cannot be said for my elderly neighbor across the street who has a 4G TL.
Old 03-27-2011, 07:42 PM
Mademoiselle Chanel!!

Glad to see there are some who noticed some of the rationalizations and comparisons offered were totally ridiculous!

Sad to notice that 3 chicks say my view point...I normally don't even respond to non_Acura or TL drivers because it appears that trolls get there jollies on bashing something they don't have or were indecisive or made a peer pressure choice.
Old 03-27-2011, 07:45 PM
Mademoiselle Chanel!!

.... this is silly....

for the record......

Note, I'm sure there are probably a few currently happy TL owners who would fll in to provide you with the kick.
Old 03-27-2011, 07:46 PM
Cruisin'

2.I could care less what some paid critic says in a biased review, I think for myself.
personally dont mind the looks of the my 2010 TL, but we all know here that the 2009+ TLs are considered by many sources "very controversial" to say the least...

If I'm not mistaken, I'm sure his quote, "personally dont mind the looks of the my 2010 TL, but we all know here that the 2009+ TLs are considered by many sources "very controversial" to say the least...", meant they are the same. Read it again.
Old 03-27-2011, 07:46 PM
Mademoiselle Chanel!!

Originally Posted by 03tLsNBP
forgot to mention in addition to the IS-F, his wife has an RX350. i doubt their little daughter ever sees the back seat of the IS-F haha.
Forgot to mention who gives a F.....beeeeeeeeep.
Old 03-27-2011, 07:59 PM
Advanced

I Like to thank all of you guys for your input!!! Especially Jmortonm since you've owned all 3 of these cars!!! You've been a great help.

Ok, this is what it is, Tomorrow, I have an appointment at the Dealership (Lexus in Connecticut) For a 2010 Lexus IS-F. it has 10 miles on it for 61,000 which is CRAZY, but they are really having me come in to appraise the 2007 TLS of mine, of course their going to low ball the hell out of me I can feel it. And another appointment in for another 2010 Black on Black IS-F with 7,800 miles on it for $45,000. Which is close of that price with the TL.

And I am still waiting on Acura to return my call since I did an inquiry online the other day when I built my TL, my local Stealership hasn't contacted me yet, maybe monday.

I kinda just ruled out the 2008 IS-F that I seen with 50+k on it, and decided to look at the 2010, I don't really know what is the REAL difference of the 2010-2011, but I'm very sure I'm not going to get another $60,000+ car like I did with my M45.

JMorton you are similar to me it seems, I'm close to having 10 acuras and owned 2 hondas since I've been driving @16 and I am now going on 29 years old. I like what I like and I love Honda and Acuras, it was to a point I would never even consider another, but Acura has been kind of losing me lately with there designs, My brother is a nissan guy and I remember when the new design Maxima and 4g came out, I was arguing back and forward with him that the TL was better looking, well, I was lying through my teeth, I thought the Maxima was a weird looking car but the more I see it now it is a better looking car than the tl just my opinion, not a better over all car though. My rant is that I want something fast and that isn't seen by many, but has good tech inside and can can cruise when needed and easy on the gas sipping as well.

I will post back in a week and let you guys know what I've got and been approved on... Thanks, You Guys Rock!!!!
Old 03-27-2011, 08:03 PM
Mademoiselle Chanel!!

personally dont mind the looks of the my 2010 TL, but we all know here that the 2009+ TLs are considered by many sources "very controversial" to say the least...

If I'm not mistaken, I'm sure his quote, "personally dont mind the looks of the my 2010 TL, but we all know here that the 2009+ TLs are considered by many sources "very controversial" to say the least...", meant they are the same. Read it again.
It's okay T'wone, don't be mad
Old 03-27-2011, 08:09 PM
Mademoiselle Chanel!!

Originally Posted by kingmiller82
I Like to thank all of you guys for your input!!! Especially Jmortonm since you've owned all 3 of these cars!!! You've been a great help.

Ok, this is what it is, Tomorrow, I have an appointment at the Dealership (Lexus in Connecticut) For a 2010 Lexus IS-F. it has 10 miles on it for 61,000 which is CRAZY, but they are really having me come in to appraise the 2007 TLS of mine, of course their going to low ball the hell out of me I can feel it. And another appointment in for another 2010 Black on Black IS-F with 7,800 miles on it for $45,000. Which is close of that price with the TL.

And I am still waiting on Acura to return my call since I did an inquiry online the other day when I built my TL, my local Stealership hasn't contacted me yet, maybe monday.

I kinda just ruled out the 2008 IS-F that I seen with 50+k on it, and decided to look at the 2010, I don't really know what is the REAL difference of the 2010-2011, but I'm very sure I'm not going to get another $60,000+ car like I did with my M45.

JMorton you are similar to me it seems, I'm close to having 10 acuras and owned 2 hondas since I've been driving @16 and I am now going on 29 years old. I like what I like and I love Honda and Acuras, it was to a point I would never even consider another, but Acura has been kind of losing me lately with there designs, My brother is a nissan guy and I remember when the new design Maxima and 4g came out, I was arguing back and forward with him that the TL was better looking, well, I was lying through my teeth, I thought the Maxima was a weird looking car but the more I see it now it is a better looking car than the tl just my opinion, not a better over all car though. My rant is that I want something fast and that isn't seen by many, but has good tech inside and can can cruise when needed and easy on the gas sipping as well.

I will post back in a week and let you guys know what I've got and been approved on... Thanks, You Guys Rock!!!!
oh well, to each his own. I'm single and I definetly get out and mingle, the TL cathes the eyes of several ladies, okay the lady part might be a stretch some have a few issues, but I digress be it Savannah, Charleston, Chattanoga, Atlanta, Richmond, Charlotte, or Columbia...the chicks dig the car
Old 03-27-2011, 08:32 PM
Cruisin'

It's okay T'wone, don't be mad
What exactly is, "T'wone"?
Old 03-27-2011, 08:34 PM
Mademoiselle Chanel!!

What exactly is, "T'wone"?
C'mon, you never seen In Living Color? There was a skit called "Men on Films" Youtube it, it's hilarious...
Old 03-27-2011, 08:41 PM
Cruisin'

C'mon, you never seen In Living Color? There was a skit called "Men on Films" Youtube it, it's hilarious...
Oh geez, that one blew over my head!
Old 03-27-2011, 09:27 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by kingmiller82

im choosing to reply to you first, since this is your thread....

yes we are very similar drivers/car owners, we have (clearly) the same type of style, and let me tell you, you will not be disappointed whatsoever with any ISF 08 09 10 11, doesnt matter.

they adjusted some suspension settings and added the real LSD in 2010(main changes, there were a couple others too), in 2011 was the refresh with a bunch of interior updates, the LED headlights, and a few other things... that 2010 for 45 grand sounds like a great deal, and you still have a ton of warranty left, thatd probably be the one id go with...

had honda and acura given 2 shits about their loyal owners, and kept with their performance roots, chances are i never would have bought an ISF, i would have bought the honda version, unfortunately they just refuse to make a RR V8, which is really disappointing. because with the M3s, the RS4, S5, AMG cars, hell even the CTS-V had me thinking... but honda just wont do it.

the ISF is decent on gas, about the same as the TL, its fast, you wont see very many of them, and youll get plenty of eyeball driving it. trust me.not to mention the limited quantities of them on the market, it will hold its value really well, and be sought after for years to come im sure.
Old 03-27-2011, 10:14 PM
Intermediate

now on to you....

Im no troll, i drive a 2010 SH-AWD TL which ive said numerous times in this post that i think its a good car, i dont mind the looks, however with that being said... Ive been on Acurazine for years, this is a new profile because i deleted my old one when i got my ISF... but now have a TL

my comment was in reply to you ranting about the ISF being a souped up corolla, and you talking about it being scion based, or talking about scions being ugly, which they may indeed be ugly... with that being said.... its no secret to any of us the 2009+ TL has been a huge topic of ridicule, both here on this forum, critics, and the general public (believe me i know, i used to work for an Acura Dealership) people hated this car when it came out...

so isnt that kinda the pot calling the kettle black??

"souped up corolla or an ACURA?" seriously?

WTF do you think you drive? how many honda platforms do our TLs share????

And just because any of these cars share a very very small amount of the design you think they share a platform? thats ridiculous, and ignorant.

The Civic and YOUR TL have more similarities than an ISF and corolla!! its just absurd to make statements like that, and think they hold some validity.
All car companies share designs and materials between multiple different cars in their line-up. thats nothing new, may be new to you but not new in the car business, they've been doing that since the beginning of time.

and even if the corolla and IS share a few parts in the frame somewhere, thats about where that stops....

-the corolla is a front drive 4cyl transverse mounted engine
-the IS is a rear drive or AWD car with a standard mounted engine
-different wheel bases
-different track widths
-different structures all together

you seriously think they could use the same platform/chassis in a corolla as a rear drive 5.0L V8? what are you smoking?

You know whats funny too??

We are on an ACURA forum and the majority of the people on here are telling the OP to get the IS-F, isnt that strange?

Go to the ISF forum and post this same thing and see if ANYONE recommends the TL over the ISF.
Old 03-27-2011, 10:37 PM
Mademoiselle Chanel!!

now on to you....

Im no troll, i drive a 2010 SH-AWD TL which ive said numerous times in this post that i think its a good car, i dont mind the looks, however with that being said... Ive been on Acurazine for years, this is a new profile because i deleted my old one when i got my ISF... but now have a TL

my comment was in reply to you ranting about the ISF being a souped up corolla, and you talking about it being scion based, or talking about scions being ugly, which they may indeed be ugly... with that being said.... its no secret to any of us the 2009+ TL has been a huge topic of ridicule, both here on this forum, critics, and the general public (believe me i know, i used to work for an Acura Dealership) people hated this car when it came out...

so isnt that kinda the pot calling the kettle black??

"souped up corolla or an ACURA?" seriously?

WTF do you think you drive? how many honda platforms do our TLs share????

And just because any of these cars share a very very small amount of the design you think they share a platform? thats ridiculous, and ignorant.

The Civic and YOUR TL have more similarities than an ISF and corolla!! its just absurd to make statements like that, and think they hold some validity.
All car companies share designs and materials between multiple different cars in their line-up. thats nothing new, may be new to you but not new in the car business, they've been doing that since the beginning of time.

and even if the corolla and IS share a few parts in the frame somewhere, thats about where that stops....

-different wheel bases
-different track widths

you seriously think they could use the same platform/chassis in a corolla as a rear drive 5.0L V8? what are you smoking?

You know whats funny too??

We are on an ACURA forum and the majority of the people on here are telling the OP to get the IS-F, isnt that strange?

Go to the ISF forum and post this same thing and see if ANYONE recommends the TL over the ISF.
Like I give a "F" what the ISF forum post, I'm not interested in it. Smoking, you're ass if you ever came at me in person using the word ignorant, you don't know me.
Old 03-27-2011, 10:46 PM
Intermediate

Your right....

I should have known better to try and talk sense into someone with this advertised:

" splash guards, trunk tray, wind deflector, front plate and license frame, and Acura valve caps "

congrats on the valve caps, thats really impressive.... did you find out about those on the "4G TL Gay Mod Forum"

too bad they dont have 35% Grigio colored tint, you could make it look like your old car....

what do you got planned for the next mod? a "super street" or "nos" sticker? maybe a giant "powered by acura" across the windshield? curb feelers?

Last edited by jmorton3381; 03-27-2011 at 10:53 PM.
Old 03-27-2011, 10:49 PM
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 6 Posts
-different wheel bases
-different track widths

Meh, IsF Still just reminds me of a souped up Corolla/Lexus Is250. It puts down impressive performance numbers no doubt. Still looks like a Corolla to me.
Old 03-27-2011, 10:53 PM
Mademoiselle Chanel!!

Okay, now that I'm over the insult. You can have your view and I'll have mine. I don't require affirmation from others to be satisfied with a choice I make. I gave an opinion. This now on to you stuff and ignorant thing didn't sit well with me. When you engage in conversation with some one civil tongue need be engaged. My bad on going off.
Old 03-27-2011, 10:57 PM
Mademoiselle Chanel!!

Your right....

I should have known better to try and talk sense into someone with this advertised:

" splash guards, trunk tray, wind deflector, front plate and license frame, and Acura valve caps "

congrats on the valve caps, thats really impressive.... did you find out about those on the "4G TL Gay Mod Forum"

too bad they dont have 35% Grigio colored tint, you could make it look like your old car....

what do you got planned for the next mod? a "super street" or "nos" sticker? maybe a giant "powered by acura" across the windshield? curb feelers?
Sad, your attempt at humor.
Old 03-27-2011, 10:57 PM
Intermediate

Okay, now that I'm over the insult. You can have your view and I'll have mine. I don't require affirmation from others to be satisfied with a choice I make. I gave an opinion. This now on to you stuff and ignorant thing didn't sit well with me. When you engage in conversation with some one civil tongue need be engaged. My bad on going off.
exactly opinions.... which is what the OP asked for.

everything was civil until you started bashing other opinions and making statements that have nothing to do with the OPs questions.
Old 03-27-2011, 11:02 PM
Mademoiselle Chanel!!

Originally Posted by wakattack
Meh, IsF Still just reminds me of a souped up Corolla/Lexus Is250. It puts down impressive performance numbers no doubt. Still looks like a Corolla to me.
That was part of my point. Amazing the TL owners who suck on here though, sad.
Old 03-27-2011, 11:07 PM
Mademoiselle Chanel!!

exactly opinions.... which is what the OP asked for.

everything was civil until you started bashing other opinions and making statements that have nothing to do with the OPs questions.

There was no bashing, I didn't call anyone stupid or ignorant, gay or anything like that. Civil, from a guy who swoops at the chance to call some one he's never meet gay? Childish, I made my amends about my comment about smoking you. So I'll just move past this and ignore you like the other few who can't seem to come up with anything better than personal attacks. You're not worth my time nor effort.
Old 03-27-2011, 11:10 PM
Intermediate

anyway, yah who cares...

OP: get the IS-F, it shits on the TL in every aspect, believe me ive owned both.
Old 03-27-2011, 11:11 PM
MechEng

Received 486 Likes on 403 Posts
lol its funny how the IS-F is being looked at by some as "just a souped up" IS. well, yeah it is.

just like:

the C63 is just a souped up C300
the M3 is just a souped up 3series
the CTS-V is just a souped up CTS
the Type S is just a souped up TL

etc.

i dont get what the big deal is if its based on a Corolla or base IS or whatever. its fast as f*ck.

though, according to Top Gear, its not as good as an M3.
Old 03-27-2011, 11:57 PM
Cruisin'

Your right....

Hysterical! I thought the same thing! I could never figure out why splash guards, trunk tray, wind deflector, front plate and license frame, and Acura valve caps rank as Mods worthy of adding to a signature. It must be a teenager thing.
Old 03-28-2011, 12:04 AM
Intermediate

Hysterical! I thought the same thing! I could never figure out why splash guards, trunk tray, wind deflector, front plate and license frame, and Acura valve caps rank as Mods worthy of adding to a signature. It must be a teenager thing.
So I guess my attempt at humor wasn't so sad was it?

And for the record I didn't call YOU gay, I called your Acura valve caps gay....
Old 03-28-2011, 02:19 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 169 Likes on 101 Posts
The misinformation on threads like these always slays me

First of all, the IS-F's fuel economy is not "about the same" as the TL. The F gets 16/23mpg; the TL's 3.5L gets 20/29mpg and the 3.7L gets 18/26mpg.

Second, OP, if you can afford $60K, why are you even talking about the 2012 TL? Yes I know you saw a used 51K mileage example for mid-30s, maybe that sparked the comparison, but this comparison is WTF

The real question is: if you can afford $60K+, why aren't you looking at the M3 or CTS-V?

Cuz for my money, right or wrong, I can't help when I see an IS-F I think of it as "Lexus dropped a V8 in a chick's car". Maybe it's because I'm 35 and perhaps more conservative, or maybe because I know several chicks who drive IS's, but that's how I view the IS-F...
Old 03-28-2011, 02:49 AM
Drifting

Received 103 Likes on 79 Posts
if I was looking at an IS-F, I'd check out the M3. maybe the CTS-V.

i don't think an IS-F is a chick car.. I think it's way cool... but i'd consider the M3 sedan as it seats 5..

heck, why not check out CPO M5s.. i've seen those in teh 50k range... 505hp... have you heard what an M5 sounds lke with a Dinan exhaust.. OMFG... it souns like a carrera Gt...

go to youtube and search for sound clips of M5s with exhaust systems... you'll cum in your pants...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDKGJ_dn8pU
Old 03-28-2011, 12:49 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Type34
The misinformation on threads like these always slays me

First of all, the IS-F's fuel economy is not "about the same" as the TL. The F gets 16/23mpg; the TL's 3.5L gets 20/29mpg and the 3.7L gets 18/26mpg.

Second, OP, if you can afford $60K, why are you even talking about the 2012 TL? Yes I know you saw a used 51K mileage example for mid-30s, maybe that sparked the comparison, but this comparison is WTF

The real question is: if you can afford $60K+, why aren't you looking at the M3 or CTS-V?

Cuz for my money, right or wrong, I can't help when I see an IS-F I think of it as "Lexus dropped a V8 in a chick's car". Maybe it's because I'm 35 and perhaps more conservative, or maybe because I know several chicks who drive IS's, but that's how I view the IS-F...
Sorry the 2010 SHAWD TL gets 17/25, and the isf 16/23, that's pretty close as far as I'm concerned. I know the 2012 went up a little but my point was it's not a big enough difference to factor in when buying either of these cars. Both cars get shitty mileage. And like I said I've owned both and there were many times on long freeway trips I got well over 23mpg my isf. It cruises at 60-70mpg below 2000 rpm. It does pretty well for being a 400hp+ V8.

The OP clearly likes the ISF and TL over a CTSV or the M3, which is why he's considering both of them, and asking our opinions of those 2 vehicles.
Old 03-28-2011, 01:17 PM
Advanced

Ok guys. So the Lexus is-f in Mass was just sold!!! Idiots had me drive all the way up there to appraise my car and to fill out the app just to then tell me by another manager that it was sold last week during their sales bash!!! Wtf.

BTW, I like the CTS-V, but won't consider it to buy. And same goes for a M3 its just a great car but really nothing inside it, its so plane like painting all my walls chalk white in my house, its stale on the inside!!!

And JMorton, Me too, I used to work for an acura dealership back 8-9 years ago!!! Crazy huh.
Old 03-28-2011, 03:06 PM
Intermediate

and for what its worth for 50-60k dollars there are tons of cars out there that will stomp the ISF or the M3 or CTS-V for that matter

for 60k you could probably find a used
-GTR
-Z06 Vette
-911 Turbo
-Viper
-M6

Hell you may be able to find an older used Gallardo or 360 Modena for 60k if you really tried.

But thats not the point...

He likes the TL or IS-F those are the two we all get to choose from
Old 03-28-2011, 05:49 PM
Drifting

Received 96 Likes on 76 Posts
Op, seems like you are shopping used IS-F's to me and just for the sake of the similar costs, are considering a new car as well, which would be the TL.

Honestly these are very different cars. Cost is a big part of the purchasing decision as is new vs old but take them out of the equation for a sec and decide what TYPE of car you want or prefer of the two, first and foremost.

Did you mention which 2012 TL trim you would get?
Old 03-29-2011, 12:34 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by winstrolvtec
Op, seems like you are shopping used IS-F's to me and just for the sake of the similar costs, are considering a new car as well, which would be the TL.

Honestly these are very different cars. Cost is a big part of the purchasing decision as is new vs old but take them out of the equation for a sec and decide what TYPE of car you want or prefer of the two, first and foremost.

Did you mention which 2012 TL trim you would get?
SH-AWD with Tech Package, Black on Black, with front, rear, and side under spoiler kit, with the 19 inch diamond cut alloys. I am a bit confused though with the tech and advance package though, but thats the one I built for the dealer to have shipped in case I decide to get it.

Quick Reply: 2012 TL or 2009 Lexus IS-F