Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2010 TL Clear Coat Cracking

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2013, 09:16 AM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 TL Clear Coat Cracking

While I was waxing my TL I noted what looked like small web like cracking of the clear coat on the roof. The cracking is symmetrical in that you can see a perfect straight line where the cracking is and isn't, like where it was taped off.

I took it to my Acura dealer and the Service Manager said it was definitely a manufacture defect and they will need to repaint the car. It also said that it may take a while because they are backed-up. after about a month, I called them and they told me to bring it to the dealer because they have a factory rep their today. I took my car up this morning and dropped it off and they gave me a loaner car. I'm waiting for them to call me back. So...the Service Manager said it was a defect and it needs to be repainted...I'm afraid now this "Factory Rep" may say something different....! I guess I will wait and see.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks
Old 07-12-2013, 09:23 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 609 Likes on 493 Posts
Originally Posted by Kruzen
While I was waxing my TL I noted what looked like small web like cracking of the clear coat on the roof. The cracking is symmetrical in that you can see a perfect straight line where the cracking is and isn't, like where it was taped off.

I took it to my Acura dealer and the Service Manager said it was definitely a manufacture defect and they will need to repaint the car. It also said that it may take a while because they are backed-up. after about a month, I called them and they told me to bring it to the dealer because they have a factory rep their today. I took my car up this morning and dropped it off and they gave me a loaner car. I'm waiting for them to call me back. So...the Service Manager said it was a defect and it needs to be repainted...I'm afraid now this "Factory Rep" may say something different....! I guess I will wait and see.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks
Tape line is probably where the protective flim from the manufacture was. Most cars are shipped with a thin sheet of vinyl in select areas that is designed to protect the paint while the vehicle is on the truck/boat.
Old 07-12-2013, 12:37 PM
Drifting

Received 554 Likes on 387 Posts
I'm assuming it's CBP? A few of us have experienced the same issue.

Click here