AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   4G MDX Audio, Bluetooth, Electronics & Navigation (https://acurazine.com/forums/4g-mdx-audio-bluetooth-electronics-navigation-474/)
-   -   Waiting to test 5.1 content (https://acurazine.com/forums/4g-mdx-audio-bluetooth-electronics-navigation-474/waiting-test-5-1-content-992310/)

Stew4HD 02-02-2021 02:26 PM

Waiting to test 5.1 content

I had a '19 RDX that would play multichannel content .FLAC files via USB. I am planning on taking my thumb drive with me to test drive a '22 MDX tomorrow (2/3/21). I will let you all know how that goes and then can share info on how to create them

ELIN 02-03-2021 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by Stew4HD (Post 16686774)
I had a '19 RDX that would play multichannel content .FLAC files via USB. I am planning on taking my thumb drive with me to test drive a '22 MDX tomorrow (2/3/21). I will let you all know how that goes and then can share info on how to create them

You may also want to check out which version of the software the lot vehicle has. Thanks!

Stew4HD 02-04-2021 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by ELIN (Post 16686996)
You may also want to check out which version of the software the lot vehicle has. Thanks!

I would expect the version to at least play what the '19 RDX could play.. I didn't get to test the MDX yesterday.. too many people ahead of me wanting to look at and drive it so I left,.,. wasn't happy because I had an appointment..

ELIN 02-04-2021 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by Stew4HD (Post 16687448)
I would expect the version to at least play what the '19 RDX could play.. I didn't get to test the MDX yesterday.. too many people ahead of me wanting to look at and drive it so I left,.,. wasn't happy because I had an appointment..

The only reason for my suggestion is because folks on this forum have been saying there's a difference in sound quality before and after the update.

You may also want to make sure the treble and bass are in the "zero" position to compare apples to apples.

The looks will bring folks into the dealership but I think the TrueTouch interface will turn people away unfortunately. I have no issue using it myself but it appears to be an object of hate in discussion panels and forums.

Stew4HD 02-04-2021 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by ELIN (Post 16687450)
The only reason for my suggestion is because folks on this forum have been saying there's a difference in sound quality before and after the update.

You may also want to make sure the treble and bass are in the "zero" position to compare apples to apples.

The looks will bring folks into the dealership but I think the TrueTouch interface will turn people away unfortunately. I have no issue using it myself but it appears to be an object of hate in discussion panels and forums.

Honestly, all I want to see is if the system will play the multi-channel .FLAC files via USB. the settings are a different subject

Stew4HD 02-04-2021 11:51 AM

I went and sat in a '22 ASpec, tried out the USB audio port (under the armrest) and it plays the multichannel FLAC files beautifully! I didn't drive it though. It was on the showroom floor. They asked me if I wanted to drive.. not yet

yellowbalt 02-05-2021 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by Stew4HD (Post 16687581)
I went and sat in a '22 ASpec, tried out the USB audio port (under the armrest) and it plays the multichannel FLAC files beautifully! I didn't drive it though. It was on the showroom floor. They asked me if I wanted to drive.. not yet

Hey Guys where do you get multichannel .Flac?

Stew4HD 02-05-2021 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by yellowbalt (Post 16687904)
Hey Guys where do you get multichannel .Flac?

First you need multi-channel content such as DTS-CDs, SACD, DVD-Audio Discs (hard to find now) and Bluray Audio discs.The FLAC files are created by ripping the song from the discs using software that is made to do that.

I have many DVD-As that older Acura models used to play.

CLICK HERE for a full example on how to do it.

danny1010 03-13-2021 03:31 AM

I did! 🙋🏻‍♂️ Waited til I could test drive an Advanced, so I could get the full experience! 😁

The MDX’s ALS audio sounds incredible in full 5.1! I love the sound in my RDX Advance, but the MDX just takes it to another level! I didn’t think it was possible but the sound stage feels deeper and more rich.

gtgt 03-21-2021 03:34 PM

Nice, really can't wait to put all my DVD-A and DTS content on one big ssd drive.

gtgt 05-15-2021 11:14 AM

Hi Guys, Just got 2022 MDX ASPEC and can't get any 5.1 files to play. The vehicle just says can't play this format. I've converted a bunch of my own files and used the ones uploaded here that definitely are converted properly. Nothing seems to work. Any ideas? I'm using a Sandisk 1TB fall drive exfat.

ELIN 05-15-2021 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by gtgt (Post 16720054)
Hi Guys, Just got 2022 MDX ASPEC and can't get any 5.1 files to play. The vehicle just says can't play this format. I've converted a bunch of my own files and used the ones uploaded here that definitely are converted properly. Nothing seems to work. Any ideas? I'm using a Sandisk 1TB fall drive exfat.

I answered you in the other thread and here's what I wrote:

Originally Posted by ELIN (Post 16720053)
1) Typically there is only one USB connection that is "smart" and can play files. All other USB slots are for charging only. Are you using the right one?

2) It is well known that when using Wireless CarPlay/AA on the MDX, you can't use the USB to play music files simultaneously. In this regard, the limitation is the same for RDX and TLX.

gtgt 05-15-2021 09:51 PM

Thanks for the replies! Of course I use the correct USB port. I think I'll try deleting my phone completely from the mdx and try again. Funny that the mdx can see all the files on the drive but won't play any, even mp3s, just says it can't play that format. Does anyone know if Apple CarPlay uses bluetooth or wifi?

ChodTheWacko 05-17-2021 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by ELIN (Post 16720056)
I answered you in the other thread and here's what I wrote:

He's not getting 'usb not available'. He can see the files, but the files won't play.
That's a different issue.

ELIN 05-17-2021 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by ChodTheWacko (Post 16720486)
He's not getting 'usb not available'. He can see the files, but the files won't play.
That's a different issue.

That only takes care of possibility #1. Are we completely ignoring #2?

"2) It is well known that when using Wireless CarPlay/AA on the MDX, you can't use the USB to play music files simultaneously. In this regard, the limitation is the same for RDX and TLX."

ChodTheWacko 05-17-2021 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by ELIN (Post 16720516)
That only takes care of possibility #1. Are we completely ignoring #2?

"2) It is well known that when using Wireless CarPlay/AA on the MDX, you can't use the USB to play music files simultaneously. In this regard, the limitation is the same for RDX and TLX."

See this thread:
https://acurazine.com/forums/4g-mdx-...ilable-992695/

ELIN 05-18-2021 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by ChodTheWacko (Post 16720578)

Yes, that is the thread I'm talking about. I have many posts in that thread. ;)

The conclusion by Stew4HD (as told by Acura) is that CarPlay/AA won't work simultaneously with the smart USB port....by design.
This is the same limitation that the RDX/TLX have even w/o wireless CP/AA.

Originally Posted by Stew4HD (Post 16695768)
Does anyone know how I can contact someone within Acura's Engineering department?

I received a call back from Acura and the guy told me that The Engineering Dept told him to tell me that when Andriod Auto is active wirelessly, it takes control of the head unit so that no other sources are available.. I asked him why I could select AM/FM or SiruisXM.. he stumbled and just repeated what the engineering group told him. It makes no sense, to me anyway, that AA would deactivate the USB port.

Am I wrong in my thinking, maybe?

Tag4 07-08-2021 10:50 PM

The issue I have is AA no longer let's my phone play separate app sound (Samsung note). AA allowed the phone to play just fine on my 17 Explorer and 18 Tiguan. I even tried it with the usb connected versus wireless with the same result. Any resolve for that?