MDX Order/Availability

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2022, 11:03 AM
Advanced

Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts
MDX Order/Availability

In early January we put a deposit down for an MDX Advance order looking for a May or June delivery - no immediate hurry. The dealer wasn't sure when the order would be in queue for build but thought our timing would be OK.

Dealer now saying that all of their January orders were cancelled by the factory (chip shortage) and that February orders may be cancelled as well - this putting our timeframe in question due to the stacking up backlog.

Are others finding this?? Trying to figure out if this is occurring with all dealers or just our dealer (or if our dealer is messing with us)...????
Old 01-29-2022, 01:17 PM
Safety Car

Received 3,429 Likes on 1,879 Posts
Originally Posted by wyliec2
In early January we put a deposit down for an MDX Advance order looking for a May or June delivery - no immediate hurry. The dealer wasn't sure when the order would be in queue for build but thought our timing would be OK.

Dealer now saying that all of their January orders were cancelled by the factory (chip shortage) and that February orders may be cancelled as well - this putting our timeframe in question due to the stacking up backlog.

Are others finding this?? Trying to figure out if this is occurring with all dealers or just our dealer (or if our dealer is messing with us)...????
It seems like all Acura dealerships are getting hammered by supply issues. For whatever reason it appears Honda is prioritizing Honda production over Acura.
The following users liked this post:
pilozm (02-24-2022)
Old 01-30-2022, 09:08 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 537 Likes on 346 Posts
Originally Posted by fiatlux
It seems like all Acura dealerships are getting hammered by supply issues. For whatever reason it appears Honda is prioritizing Honda production over Acura.
Because Honda is a bigger seller and has redesigned models that are getting good reviews and expected to remain big sellers. I also have my theories about the future of the Acura brand so I don't think there's much incentive to prioritize it right now.
Old 01-30-2022, 09:34 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by ESHBG
Because Honda is a bigger seller and has redesigned models that are getting good reviews and expected to remain big sellers. I also have my theories about the future of the Acura brand so I don't think there's much incentive to prioritize it right now.
It was a bit rhetorical but I have the same thoughts. I think the powers that be want to make sure Honda sales don’t drop more than Toyota or Nissan because otherwise it would be a sign of weakness and they would lose face. Whereas, nobody that matters cares about Acura, so a huge dip in sales there isn’t going to embarrass anyone on the mothership.
ESHBG (01-30-2022)
Old 01-31-2022, 01:30 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 1,598 Likes on 961 Posts

Very normal. I am helping my cousin to get a Lexus RX350 - FSport (Series 3). Wait time is 4-6 months. We found one with 3,500KM on it for $3K off, which is not bad at all. It's their director of finance's car and it was put in service since Nov'21. I will give you more update tomorrow after 6PM EST as we are going to secure the car. The Lexus dealership is packed with used cars just like Acura and the new NX is not even available for test drive. You will not believe there is no IS available and you have to put a special order. That clearly shows that Toyota is not prioritizing Lexus either. I think the only Lexus they are giving some importance is base RX-350.

We went to test drive the Highlander, and Venza and both cars are available to pick up next week. Be patient! All car companies are struggling and the situation is bad.
Old 01-31-2022, 04:48 PM
AZ Community Team

Also, it's very easy to blame Acura or Acura dealers. People love to point at Acura, but they have no clue about other dealers or they never visited to buy car in the last 24 months, so they are just giving you their free opinion....easy to type and post at FreeForallZine.com . But the world is upside down and I have purchased 2 cars for myself and now going on the 3rd one tomorrow for my cousin. I am sharing real life examples here. I got Acura, Mazda and now Lexus. All same problems. Supply and demand!

Old 02-02-2022, 01:20 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Tony Pac
Very normal. I am helping my cousin to get a Lexus RX350 - FSport (Series 3). Wait time is 4-6 months. We found one with 3,500KM on it for $3K off, which is not bad at all. It's their director of finance's car and it was put in service since Nov'21. I will give you more update tomorrow after 6PM EST as we are going to secure the car. The Lexus dealership is packed with used cars just like Acura and the new NX is not even available for test drive. You will not believe there is no IS available and you have to put a special order. That clearly shows that Toyota is not prioritizing Lexus either. I think the only Lexus they are giving some importance is base RX-350.

We went to test drive the Highlander, and Venza and both cars are available to pick up next week. Be patient! All car companies are struggling and the situation is bad.
Some just appear to be struggling more than others. Latest sales figures are out and Honda and Acura were hit the hardest in Jan, at least for automakers who release monthly data. We'll see in April what Q1 looks like across the board. Sure seems like Honda is holding back Acura again.

Honda: -18.5%
Mazda: -16.5%
Toyota: -6.4%
Kia: -5.5%
Subaru: -4.8%
Ford: +1.4%
Hyundai: +11.5%

Acura: -32.8%
Lincoln: -25.8%
Volvo: -12.8%
Lexus: +5%
Genesis: +29.3%
https://www.autonews.com/sales/janua...yota-kia-slips
pilozm (05-03-2022)
Old 02-02-2022, 09:29 PM
Intermediate

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts
Some just appear to be struggling more than others. Latest sales figures are out and Honda and Acura were hit the hardest in Jan, at least for automakers who release monthly data. We'll see in April what Q1 looks like across the board. Sure seems like Honda is holding back Acura again.

Kirk Kreifels put out a new video today About just that - titled:

Acura is not having a good start to 2022... here's why

pilozm (02-24-2022)
Old 02-04-2022, 01:15 PM
AZ Community Team

agreed! Honda in general is hit bad not just Acura. It's unfortunate as Acura is doing so well and there is a huge demand for Acura vehicles but now this chip and other shortages of material is hitting Honda/Acura hard!
Old 02-23-2022, 11:17 PM
Advanced

Wanted to follow-up that I'm still 'on hold' regarding getting an actual order placed

Something that rubs me the wrong way - there are multiple Acura dealers around and they've all sent emails listing multiple MDXs 'arriving' or 'in stock'. I contacted the one with the exact color combination we want listed as 'in stock' - I asked if it was available to come down and purchase and they said all of the listed vehicles listed were pre-sold and none were actually available.

Maybe I'm naive in thinking they shouldn't advertise pre-sold cars as 'arriving' or 'in stock'...???
pilozm (02-24-2022)
Old 02-24-2022, 12:16 AM
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
I have a build date for my Type S MDX. I placed my deposit on it in August. Build date is late March. My sales guy must be subpar. Drove a demo Type-S really liked it!
pilozm (02-24-2022)
Old 02-24-2022, 06:35 AM
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Angry Why try to sell me something you don't have?

Wanted to follow-up that I'm still 'on hold' regarding getting an actual order placed

Something that rubs me the wrong way - there are multiple Acura dealers around and they've all sent emails listing multiple MDXs 'arriving' or 'in stock'. I contacted the one with the exact color combination we want listed as 'in stock' - I asked if it was available to come down and purchase and they said all of the listed vehicles listed were pre-sold and none were actually available.

Maybe I'm naive in thinking they shouldn't advertise pre-sold cars as 'arriving' or 'in stock'...???
This drives me crazy and really makes me hate the current automotive sales industry. I am not only referring to Acura and Honda. When I was recently searching for a much needed vehicle, I would see lots of car adds and receive email ads, but actual dealerships would have zero inventory. Why try to sell me something you don't have?

Old 02-24-2022, 07:26 AM
Intermediate

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by pilozm
This drives me crazy and really makes me hate the current automotive sales industry. I am not only referring to Acura and Honda. When I was recently searching for a much needed vehicle, I would see lots of car adds and receive email ads, but actual dealerships would have zero inventory. Why try to sell me something you don't have?
Because it creates scarcity and drives up the vehicles value "when you do have" it. I believe many dealers are realizing it is less work and more profitable these days. They can make more money selling something hard to find. As a bonus, If the pre-sold deal falls apart and they actually get a vehicle on the lot not assigned to a buyer already, they can ask exorbitant ADM. Capitalism at its finest.
ESHBG (02-24-2022)
Old 02-24-2022, 06:25 PM
Advanced

As you note - dealers of all makes are doing this. I wound up talking with the sales manager where I'm working to order an MDX Advance - he admitted the marketing practice leads to frustrated customers and for someone in my situation, a "WTH" reaction thinking they've got vehicles available when I can't get mine ordered...

I don't think it's all milk and cookies for dealers right now - the manager told me he was limited to 4 MDX orders in February and only one could be an Advance. It's easy to sell what they can get but that volume is likely not close to what a 'good' pre-shortage volume would be...

He did tell me I was first on the list for March MDX Advance orders - any wagers on if I'm the only person he told that to..???
Old 02-24-2022, 07:43 PM
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
The experiences folks are having are wild... Here in the NY/NJ/CT tri-state, I have only been able to find 1x dealer that was charging MSRP - and everyone else "has" vehicles until you show up/ email to talk to them about it - and pricing ranges from +$5k to +$10k for Type S, and +$1500 to +$3500 for the regular models

Seems that (and this is not surprising) none of the dealer systems were "setup" for this sort of a process. Fully relying on ordering, not having dealers swap inventory - none of that is in the standard operating model.

After finally making the decision to go Advanced, we moved our $500 down-payment (had previously reserved an S-Tech) over to a new vehicle. Was told March build > April delivery from the dealer's allocation. 2x weeks later, the vehicle has "disappeared" off of the allocation! Thankfully, (and all according to the dealer) they got their rep involved, found another being built on the Feb / March cycle and somehow got it allocated to us... Who knows!

Crazy how hard it is to give Acura money.
Old 02-28-2022, 12:44 AM
Pro

Received 130 Likes on 95 Posts

Incredibly frustrating and unbelievable. Wow!!!

pilozm (05-02-2022)
Old 04-29-2022, 03:30 PM
Advanced

Nearly four months after trading our previous vehicle and placing a deposit (January 6), we have a Fathom Blue MDX Advance in the garage.

Minimal driving until we have the PPF and ceramic coating completed - this is scheduled for next week.

Our order never did get placed and instead we took an earlier allocation that was available.

The sales manager spoke with us when we picked it up and thanked us for our patience. My wife asked if the delivery situation was getting any better.

His answer was "No, it's actually gotten worse". He said he had met with the sales team this morning and the dealership expects to receive 6 cars in June.

They had a couple of used cars on the lot and he lamented that was very much a challenge as most used cars are obtained as trades for new cars which they can't get....
pilozm (05-02-2022)
Old 05-02-2022, 08:18 AM
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
It seems to me that Acura has handled the entire "chip shortage" and "supply chain problem" very poorly. I think this is especially true for some regional areas like the Northeast and others. I lost an MDX Sport Hybrid last September, so I needed a replacement vehicle. My initial reaction was to get an RDX Advance, but my preferred dealers had almost zero inventory.. In October, my preferred Acura sales person was entirely disinterested in me getting a replacement vehicle, almost like he had given up on sales. He never called me back, even though I had previously bought 2 cars from him. I was desperate for a replacement car, so I seriously looked at Hondas, Cadillacs and Genesis. I ended up with a new 2021 Mazda CX-5. I visited and noticed that Genesis (South Florida) and Mazda (Long Island NY) had plenty of inventory, so I had to accept that these were the manufacturers that I had to choose from, if I wanted to get a car without being grotesquely gouged or needing to wait many months for delivery. Of course Genesis and Mazda offerings fit what I wanted to buy at the time.
I will probably keep the Mazda for 2-4 years. I dont know if I will get another Mazda, but I doubt I will get another Acura either.
Of course every manufacturer was impacted, BUT some manufacturer handled it much better than others. Also some manufacturers focused on gouging their customers as much as possible and this can leave a bad taste with loyal customers.
Question: Will there be long term negative impact on the Acura brand, due to the "chip shortage" and "supply chain problem" and the way they handled it?
Will Honda's lack of electrification strategy hurt them mid- to long-term?

Nearly four months after trading our previous vehicle and placing a deposit (January 6), we have a Fathom Blue MDX Advance in the garage.

Minimal driving until we have the PPF and ceramic coating completed - this is scheduled for next week.

Our order never did get placed and instead we took an earlier allocation that was available.

The sales manager spoke with us when we picked it up and thanked us for our patience. My wife asked if the delivery situation was getting any better.

His answer was "No, it's actually gotten worse". He said he had met with the sales team this morning and the dealership expects to receive 6 cars in June.

They had a couple of used cars on the lot and he lamented that was very much a challenge as most used cars are obtained as trades for new cars which they can't get....
ESHBG (05-02-2022)
Old 05-02-2022, 09:11 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 537 Likes on 346 Posts
It seems to me that Acura has handled the entire "chip shortage" and "supply chain problem" very poorly. I think this is especially true for some regional areas like the Northeast and others. I lost an MDX Sport Hybrid last September, so I needed a replacement vehicle. My initial reaction was to get an RDX Advance, but my preferred dealers had almost zero inventory.. In October, my preferred Acura sales person was entirely disinterested in me getting a replacement vehicle, almost like he had given up on sales. He never called me back, even though I had previously bought 2 cars from him. I was desperate for a replacement car, so I seriously looked at Hondas, Cadillacs and Genesis. I ended up with a new 2021 Mazda CX-5. I visited and noticed that Genesis (South Florida) and Mazda (Long Island NY) had plenty of inventory, so I had to accept that these were the manufacturers that I had to choose from, if I wanted to get a car without being grotesquely gouged or needing to wait many months for delivery. Of course Genesis and Mazda offerings fit what I wanted to buy at the time.
I will probably keep the Mazda for 2-4 years. I dont know if I will get another Mazda, but I doubt I will get another Acura either.
Of course every manufacturer was impacted, BUT some manufacturer handled it much better than others. Also some manufacturers focused on gouging their customers as much as possible and this can leave a bad taste with loyal customers.
Question: Will there be long term negative impact on the Acura brand, due to the "chip shortage" and "supply chain problem" and the way they handled it?
Check this out:

Why Honda, Acura dealer showrooms may shrink

Honda and Acura dealers have been coping with sales lots that have just single digits of days’ supply.

“I joined American Honda in May of 2020, and between our Honda and Acura brands, we had roughly 400,000 vehicles in dealer inventory,” Gardner said. “Today we’re sitting with about 25,000.”

The dealer networks have become more disciplined about selling into their pipelines to keep business moving forward, he said, and that means communicating production dates and estimated arrival times to their customers.

“These are things that in a 400,000-unit inventory environment we were not worried about, because every combination we built was somewhere sitting in a dealer’s inventory,” he said. But now, he said, having a robust 60- to 75-day supply is “a completely inefficient way to run our business.”

“We’re trying to be very cognizant of the dealer’s fixed costs as we move forward and not overburden them, perhaps as we historically may have done so,” Gardner said.

Also, there are benefits to running the business with a 30-day supply, or even 20. “Certainly we’re going to try to run the business with much lower inventory than we had,” he said.

https://americannewstimes.com/news/a...ms-may-shrink/
pilozm (05-02-2022)
Old 05-02-2022, 10:17 AM
Advanced

The complaints about pricing and availability are not confined to Acura and pricing above MSRP seems to be a dealer level decision. Many brands that had high-demand/low-availability models were subject to price gouging by some dealers (ie. Ford demanded that its dealers stop the practice - not sure if that was contractually supported?). Bottom line - supply and demand economics at play. It seems that many Acura dealers were selling at MSRP, albeit, subject to timing and selection constraints. Assuming there is a return to 'normal', the predatory pricing may come back to haunt dealerships; then again the next 'normal' may be entirely different as referenced by @ESHBG.

The electrification strategy is a great question that has largely not been a factor for me. I have specifically avoided consideration of hybrids as their benefits do not fit my driving norms. The majority of any driving I do is at 55 mph or higher which is generally beyond the electric operating mode - the technology presents more complexity and weight with little benefit. If I lived where many of my trips could be accomplished in electric mode, I'd be all over the technology.
Old 05-03-2022, 09:23 AM
Racer

Received 236 Likes on 148 Posts
It appears from what has been stated in many articles that the chip shortage will linger into 2024 and accordingly pricing power will rest with manufacturers/dealers so discounts and incentives will be non existent for a few more years. Dealers that are charging ADM's should be penalized by Acura by limiting their supply but who knows if Acura is cracking down? The biggest question is at what pricing level will affordability start to impact demand. MSRP's continue to increase as will interest rates for the foreseeable future. This ultimately will affect demand one would think, it always has in the past.

Honda will increase hybrid production to bridge the gap until they introduce their electric offerings. Right now they are selling all they can produce so it seems they are in good shape until then.
Old 05-06-2022, 10:10 AM
Drifting

Received 565 Likes on 364 Posts
There is virtually no new Acura inventory where I live. The few that come in (no matter the model/trim level) get snatched up immediately, assuming they aren't already pre-sold. Tough market conditions out there right now.
Tony Pac (05-06-2022)
Old 05-06-2022, 07:23 PM
Advanced

My MDX is getting PPF, ceramic and front windows tinted - should be done by Tuesday. I've never been a fan of the Advance wheels and have been looking at different wheels over the last couple of months. When I dropped it off at the detailer, I showed him my top 10 wheel pics - he immediately cautioned on several of them due to Minnesota winter road conditions.

I reworked my list - unfortunately ALL of the wheels I really liked are out of stock (Tirerack, CarID, Audiocityusa, Vividracing, ElementWheels, etc. ) - and priced the same. I went to a local wheel and tire shop (recommended by the detailer) - he was able to order my first choice but was surprised when I said I'd wait 60-90 days for the specific wheel I wanted - I told him I waited 4 months for the car so 3 months for the right wheels is OK. The wheel guy said he has challenges getting many things these days.

The wait for wheels will let me decide if I want to get different tires - I'd likely move to Pirelli Scorpion AS Plus 3 if I find the Bridgestones too noisy.

FWIW - not wanting to push the tires out too far, I restricted my wheel choices to 8.5" 40mm+ offset and staying with 45mm offset minimum for 9" wheels (OEM is 9" with 55mm offset). I wound up going with 9" 42mm offset which will only move the tire out about 1/2 inch.

At least no issues getting a dashcam!
The following 2 users liked this post by wyliec2:
Curious3GTL (05-09-2022), wahoowa (05-07-2022)
Old 05-08-2022, 10:09 AM
10th Gear

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts
Hi All,

I've been lurking on the forum for a while. I put my deposit down for a Type S Advance with the Tiger Eye Pearl and Azurite Blue in early Jan/2022. I've searched the web and this site, but not able to see any combination of the colors. To my surprise, my dealer called me last week and informed me that they have found one allocation that they traded with a West Coast's dealership. It scheduled for production this coming and I should have it within a month. Can't wait to pick it up. Has anyone here order the same combination and able to get one?
Old 05-08-2022, 04:13 PM
Pro

Received 182 Likes on 139 Posts
Originally Posted by quanh79
Hi All,

I've been lurking on the forum for a while. I put my deposit down for a Type S Advance with the Tiger Eye Pearl and Azurite Blue in early Jan/2022. I've searched the web and this site, but not able to see any combination of the colors. To my surprise, my dealer called me last week and informed me that they have found one allocation that they traded with a West Coast's dealership. It scheduled for production this coming and I should have it within a month. Can't wait to pick it up. Has anyone here order the same combination and able to get one?
I haven’t seen any Inventory with the Azurite Blue accept for I think 1 Lunar Silver with the Azurite Blue. I really like that interior color and wish they offered it with more exterior colors: White, Red, Black would look good with Azurite blue interior also.
Old 05-09-2022, 04:03 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Received 432 Likes on 299 Posts
Originally Posted by JM2010 SH-AWD
There is virtually no new Acura inventory where I live. The few that come in (no matter the model/trim level) get snatched up immediately, assuming they aren't already pre-sold. Tough market conditions out there right now.
At most dealers, the units listed on the dealer's web site are pre ordered. Acura does that to the dealers. People look and think..."oh they've got some MDX's to look over, etc. NO...they are coming in...PRE-SOLD.
And, my dealer just sold the last TLX...actually the last 3 were Type S's that were pre-ordered many months ago. Mine is due to be built this week...we'll see!!! 9 mos. later!!!!
Old 05-09-2022, 04:09 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Originally Posted by Midwestuser1
I haven’t seen any Inventory with the Azurite Blue accept for I think 1 Lunar Silver with the Azurite Blue. I really like that interior color and wish they offered it with more exterior colors: White, Red, Black would look good with Azurite blue interior also.
Azurite Blue is only available on the Type S Adv model. The Lunar Silver and Tiger Eye.

I can say...for me....the Blue is "nice"...different, but, with good lighting that blue up against the black, does not look so good. Some other contrasting color or trim would help that blue leather.
Old 05-12-2022, 04:55 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Colorado Guy AF Ret.
At most dealers, the units listed on the dealer's web site are pre ordered. Acura does that to the dealers. People look and think..."oh they've got some MDX's to look over, etc. NO...they are coming in...PRE-SOLD.
And, my dealer just sold the last TLX...actually the last 3 were Type S's that were pre-ordered many months ago. Mine is due to be built this week...we'll see!!! 9 mos. later!!!!

My dealer actually has one TLX-S on its lot (with Y-spoke wheels) that appears unsold. White with red interior. That's it for sedans at the moment.

They list a small handful of SUVs, but I'm guessing they are spoken for already.

Crazy turnaround in the car buying/selling world. Wonder if we'll ever go back to "normal."
Old 05-12-2022, 07:49 PM
6G TLX-S

Received 1,146 Likes on 818 Posts
My dealer actually has one TLX-S on its lot (with Y-spoke wheels) that appears unsold. White with red interior. That's it for sedans at the moment.

They list a small handful of SUVs, but I'm guessing they are spoken for already.

Crazy turnaround in the car buying/selling world. Wonder if we'll ever go back to "normal."
How much ADM is on the unsold Type-S ?

Old 05-13-2022, 10:47 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Edward'TLS
How much ADM is on the unsold Type-S ?
Not sure. I'm not in the market so didn't bother asking/looking. This dealer does not have a history of slapping ADM on its cars, but these are unprecedented times.
Old 05-13-2022, 11:19 AM
6G TLX-S

Received 1,146 Likes on 818 Posts
^^^^^

Some forum members are still waiting for their Type-S orders to arrives, while others are searching high and low across the continent for reasonably-priced dealership stocks in their favorite colors.

So if there is any TLX Type-S sitting in dealership lots unsold, it must have insane ADM added to the price tag, or some odd-ball color(s) that no one wants.
Old 05-13-2022, 04:55 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

My real concern is that when "car building and buying" get back to "normal"....the "new normal" will be electrified. And then we've lost the ability to
stay with ICE vehicles...for the most part...or at least hybrids will be the norm. Speaking for those that prefer ICE engines. The ONLY new version of
what is under the hood..or frame would be a hybrid for me. Mostly ICE with a "little electric" help. I know there are many car folks and car lovers...who may be
somewhat "older" prefer the same.

I can and have predicted this....the pace of electric veh. building is moving so fast that...LOOK OUT...manufacturers and buyers....the infrastructure will be
beyond "overload"....literally!! The fun of long drives will be gone....trust me on that. And, what's going to create the electricity for these vehicles?? Fossil fuels
of course! How are are planes going to be propelled? By electric motors....uhhh, NO. Need fossil fuels. Current Gov't idiots don't get all that. Rush to electrify without
understanding the consequences that are for sure going to be there in a negative way. We went from an energy independent country to a very dependent one. Sad, and
will have dire consequences SOON.

My dealer gets periodic deliveries of vehicles, but, these are pre sold and long awaited by the buyers. No veh. to put on the lot...at least not new ones!! Ugly for sure!
Old 05-13-2022, 10:41 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 390 Likes on 272 Posts
I have been in the Type-S market for about two weeks. In SF bay area, there are plenty of Type-S in stock and in transit. It seems to me Acura biased the rest of the 2022 Advance quota to Type-S, as there are few regular Advance to be found.

I walked away paying $1.2k above msrp, coming from the original $5k markup. I instantly fell in love with the car on my way home, so the markup is what it is. This batch of Type-S Advance for the dealership have only been on the lot for a week and I am the first taker, so I honestly do not know where the market is. There are also few comments here and elsewhere about Type-S Advance transaction price. But with the sinking equity market, the markup is bound to go down. By the way, the $1500 3G sunset coupon Acura sent out last year cannot be applied to Type-S.
Old 05-17-2022, 01:41 AM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I put my $2500 deposit down last month, so far the dealership has told me they don't know when my MDX will arrive. I have been told sometime at the end of the year. Anyone else facing a similar timeline?
Old 05-18-2022, 12:48 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Originally Posted by sonyfever
I have been in the Type-S market for about two weeks. In SF bay area, there are plenty of Type-S in stock and in transit. It seems to me Acura biased the rest of the 2022 Advance quota to Type-S, as there are few regular Advance to be found.

I walked away paying $1.2k above msrp, coming from the original $5k markup. I instantly fell in love with the car on my way home, so the markup is what it is. This batch of Type-S Advance for the dealership have only been on the lot for a week and I am the first taker, so I honestly do not know where the market is. There are also few comments here and elsewhere about Type-S Advance transaction price. But with the sinking equity market, the markup is bound to go down. By the way, the $1500 3G sunset coupon Acura sent out last year cannot be applied to Type-S.
I've been buying Acuras for over 10 yrs, and have owned many new ones in that time. RDX, MDX, TLX's. It seems that the East and West Coasters are getting their share of MDX's. I'm in Colorado. Here, hard to find.
Only ones are those that are pre sold on orders. NONE on lots. In New York region there seems to be a lot of Type S on the lots, NOT pre sold. Now West Coast?? I don't know why...except there are more buyers avail
in those areas. But, I do know, my dealer can't get near enough of them. The demand is great, supply to order LOW. Within a month they can start ordering '23's. Production is supposed to begin in June. No '22's are
being built now. Loyalty Program does not include Type S vehicles.

I had a '22 MDX Adv for about 1,200 miles. Liked it a lot! Wife felt it was too big for her...it's her veh. to drive, I have my own veh. So, I traded it for the newly redone RDX A-Spec/Adv. and she loves it. We had a '19 A-Spec,
but, it rode way too hard. This new version is perfect. But, I've driven the MDX Type S Adv. and it is amazing too. That ELS sound system is THE best of all built for Acura over the past many yrs. And they've all been very
good. Plenty of power. Those gripping about.."need more power...NOT a BMW...all that BS....no one is taking it to the drag strip. Well, some idiot might. There's always that one nut job.

Ride, handling, quiet, room, strong eng/trans combo....just like my Adv. model really...just more torque and HP. Lux. inside, great seats...and the list goes on. Is it worth the price of admission? I believe it is.
pilozm (05-23-2022)
Old 05-18-2022, 05:49 PM
Racer

Received 84 Likes on 74 Posts
Here in NJ, my biggest problem was not finding an MDX Type S that was unsold, but rather the color combination that my wife and I wanted for our MDX Type S Advance. The consensus was that the car had to be Liquid Carbon Metallic with an ebony interior. There were plenty of LCM MDXs with the red interior available at various dealers as well as other colors. Price varied from one dealer to the next with almost all asking $2-3K over MSRP. After many phone calls, I was ultimately able to find one at a dealer in my area who had it in their allocation and to be produced in late April. I put a deposit down at the beginning of April and took delivery of the car in early May. Ended up paying slightly under MSRP too, so that was an added bonus.
The following 2 users liked this post by MBP 03:
Pens Fan (05-21-2022), pilozm (05-29-2022)
Old 05-28-2022, 11:31 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by quanh79
Hi All,

Did you end up getting yours? My local dealership has a Tiger Eye Pearl / Azurite Advance coming in, although last I checked there's still a $5000 markup: https://www.marinacura.com/inventory...yd8h89nl004684.
Old 05-29-2022, 07:58 AM
10th Gear

I am scheduled to pick it up this coming Tuesday (05/31). It was agreed as MSRP. However, the destination fees went up 100 bucks from previously agreed prices. But the dealer and I agreed on the $100 credit for the accessories. Will share once I picked it up.
The following 2 users liked this post by quanh79:
Beamer (06-07-2022), pilozm (05-30-2022)
Old 07-15-2022, 09:40 PM
10th Gear

I apologized for not follow up... been busy with works. Anyway, I picked up my Type S Advance in early June. I pick the tiger-eye with the azurite blue interior. I also get the black chrome which totally worth it. I just finally get the front PPF and ceramic the entire car.

Overall, very happy with the ride, totally different then the MDX advance.

The following 6 users liked this post by quanh79:
alexdv1 (07-15-2022), JandS Canada (07-22-2022), Legend2TL (07-18-2022), pilozm (07-18-2022), sonyfever (07-20-2022), wahoowa (07-20-2022) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 07-21-2022, 09:34 PM
Advanced

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts
Just received a bunch of emails from Acura dealers. Looks like they are doing $4k off MSRP plus $1k loyalty. We might have to get rid of our 13 Advanced and upgrade to a Base Type S….. hmmm
pilozm (08-01-2022)

Quick Reply: MDX Order/Availability