2022 MDX drive mode auto select / auto start stop disable!

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2021, 06:25 PM
2nd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2022 MDX drive mode auto select / auto start stop disable!

Wanted to share this new module for the 2022 MDX. Got mine on Monday and it’s been working flawlessly since.

https://www.drivechipauto.com/produc...ids-controller

I’ve been pestering Matt (owner) of Idlestopper about getting his solution for my 2022 MDX for months. Looks like my dude has finally come through and created a new Auto Drive Mode module for newer Acura’s.

Not an Ad or being paid - just excited to see a solution finally in the market.

From his website -

The IDS Controller will Automatically set your drive mode to the Individual/Sport Setting at each startup. Both modes will allow you to turn OFF the idle stop system and Individual mode will also allow you set many other customized settings for Steering, Interior lighting, Suspension, Etc.
Unfortunately, Your Acura would only allow for Comfort and Normal modes to be saved for each startup. After installing the IDS Controller, You will now be able to start each time in your preferred mode, Individual or Sport (choose at time of install) Save it and keep it the way YOU want it.
The IDS controller will NOT affect normal operation of the IDS system. You are still able to switch drive modes anytime as you would normally through the drive mode knob switch below your radio. The IDS controller will retain your selection (Individual or Sport mode) no matter which mode was last used.
To switch between "saved" startup modes, unit must be removed and reinstalled with jumper on/off depending on startup mode preference.
Unfortunately, Your Acura would only allow for Comfort and Normal modes to be saved for each startup. After installing the IDS Controller, You will now be able to start each time in your preferred mode, Individual or Sport (choose at time of install) Save it and keep it the way YOU want it.
The IDS controller will NOT affect normal operation of the IDS system. You are still able to switch drive modes anytime as you would normally through the drive mode knob switch below your radio. The IDS controller will retain your selection (Individual or Sport mode) no matter which mode was last used.
To switch between "saved" startup modes, unit must be removed and reinstalled with jumper on/off depending on startup mode preference.
Old 08-25-2021, 07:51 PM
2022 MDX Advanced

Received 48 Likes on 27 Posts
BRILLIANT - I love this forum - ordered.
Old 08-25-2021, 07:55 PM
2nd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by joeliu2003
BRILLIANT - I love this forum - ordered.
the install was so much easier and quicker than what I thought it was gonna take. Totally plug and play, no splicing or cutting wires.

mine took about 2-3 mins with testing.
The following users liked this post:
joeliu2003 (08-25-2021)
Old 08-26-2021, 01:33 PM
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
I had installed the Idlestopper for my 2016 Honda Pilot and its an amazing little device! My Pilot would just stall completely at traffic lights, if I forgot to deactivate the Auto Shutoff, causing panic and a lot of embarrassment. Glad I got it...
Old 08-26-2021, 02:55 PM
2022 MDX Advanced

Originally Posted by bugsnest
I had installed the Idlestopper for my 2016 Honda Pilot and its an amazing little device! My Pilot would just stall completely at traffic lights, if I forgot to deactivate the Auto Shutoff, causing panic and a lot of embarrassment. Glad I got it...
WOW…we just sold our 2017 Pilot for this same reason!!!! Good riddance!!
Old 08-26-2021, 03:01 PM
Racer

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts
How long did it take to ship/receive after ordering?
Old 08-26-2021, 05:21 PM
2022 MDX Advanced

Originally Posted by usmarinedelta
How long did it take to ship/receive after ordering?
I ordered mine last night, it shipped this morning and I will have it on Monday. Very fast.
Old 08-30-2021, 07:22 PM
2022 MDX Advanced

Installed this today. Was a little nervous about removing the climate control and IDS knob, but it was quite simple. Following the video took less than 5min to install. Works perfectly. Car starts in normal mode and switches to individual automatically after about 5 seconds. Really impressive solution and I’m beyond happy!!!
Old 08-31-2021, 07:33 AM
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I am thinking about instead of the jumper ,which requires taking apart the dash to change modes, connect it to a toggle switch mounted and hidden out of sight.
The following users liked this post:
joeliu2003 (08-31-2021)
Old 08-31-2021, 08:07 AM
2022 MDX Advanced

Originally Posted by Beerhunter2
I am thinking about instead of the jumper ,which requires taking apart the dash to change modes, connect it to a toggle switch mounted and hidden out of sight.
Do it!! Show us where you mount the switch!
Old 08-31-2021, 03:16 PM
Intermediate

For those who has installed this, you can still startup in Normal or Comfort, in addition to Custom and Sport, right?
Old 08-31-2021, 04:41 PM
Pro

Received 182 Likes on 139 Posts
Originally Posted by Beerhunter2
For those who has installed this, you can still startup in Normal or Comfort, in addition to Custom and Sport, right?
Once you install this it will startup in either Individual mode or sport mode (if you remove the jumper). You can change the drive mode to any other mode like usual. You are basically changing the default startup mode.
Old 08-31-2021, 05:23 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Midwestuser1
Once you install this it will startup in either Individual mode or sport mode (if you remove the jumper). You can change the drive mode to any other mode like usual. You are basically changing the default startup mode.
got it..thanks