Will they fit???

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2017, 12:36 AM
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Will they fit???

Hey dudes, I've tried searching prior to posting and have found a couple relatively close results but without any real conclusive answers. Anyways, I'm looking into getting these Avid1 AV-20 wheels for the TL (I'm a college student with very little cash to spend so reps are basically my only option at this point since I personally don't trust used wheels) and I was wondering if fitment would be an issue. The size of the wheels I'm looking to get are 17x9 +35 with some Yokohama Avid Envigor tires at 235/45. Do you think these dimensions will cause any issues or require any rolling?

Link to the prospective wheels
One 17x9 AVID1 AV-20 AV20 5x114.3 35 Silver Machined Wheel Rim | eBay

Link to the closest answer that I could find through search
https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-t...advice-953964/
Old 03-04-2017, 06:54 AM
Andrew

Received 532 Likes on 314 Posts
That's an easy fit, wheel and tire...if you drive a base TL. There will be some rolling, some drop, and some camber needed, but nothing crazy. The wheel/tire will sit roughly where my 18 x 9.5 +40 sits.

However, if you have a Type S, all bets are off.
Old 03-04-2017, 07:45 AM
8th Gear

Okay sweet thanks for the quick response Visual! So just to clarify, I do have an 06 base, but as for this setup is having a camber kit a necessity? Without any of that stuff will there be any cutting, rubbing, and/or excessive negative camber? And lastly by drop did you mean lowering the car? Looking to spend as little money as possible (If I end up needing to roll I'll be sure to cut front tabs as per one of your threads) since like I said money is kind of tight at the moment.
Old 03-04-2017, 08:13 AM
Andrew

Originally Posted by imdeadst00pid
Okay sweet thanks for the quick response Visual! So just to clarify, I do have an 06 base, but as for this setup is having a camber kit a necessity? Without any of that stuff will there be any cutting, rubbing, and/or excessive negative camber? And lastly by drop did you mean lowering the car? Looking to spend as little money as possible (If I end up needing to roll I'll be sure to cut front tabs as per one of your threads) since like I said money is kind of tight at the moment.
Forgive me, I assumed you'd be lowering the car, which naturally tucks the wheel/tire combo, but may also present problems. The way it works is, as you lower the car you consequently gain negative camber, so these low-offset, and wider wheel combo's that everyone wants are easier to fit. If you don't lower the car at all they will fit just fine, but you may poke just a few mm in front. The problem, and solution is lowering the car, but it's a balance, that's why there are so many threads like this.

In general, with what you spec'd, you'll be fine at stock height, and when you lower...but every car is a bit different, so EXPECT that you will have to cut the tabs and roll the rear when you lower the car at all.

1. '06 Base, no problem with wheel style, that size will fit every time.
2. A camber kit is not necessary, but as you drop the car the rear may get out of spec and you may want a kit.
3. You are very close with that 235, so I'd assume you need to cut the front tabs, and roll the rear front section of the quarter.
4. Yes, lowering the car.

If any of this confuses you, just ask and I'll clarify.
The following users liked this post:
imdeadst00pid (03-04-2017)
Old 03-04-2017, 08:25 AM
8th Gear

Okay all perfect information and exactly what I was looking for! I do intend to install some coilovers in the future so dropping will be in the woodworks eventually! When all is said and done I'll try to post some pics of the setup! Thanks so much for helping Visual!
Old 03-04-2017, 05:17 PM
Andrew

Originally Posted by imdeadst00pid
Okay all perfect information and exactly what I was looking for! I do intend to install some coilovers in the future so dropping will be in the woodworks eventually! When all is said and done I'll try to post some pics of the setup! Thanks so much for helping Visual!
No problem, happy hunting.

The Arrival.
by Andrew Thompson, on Flickr
Old 03-04-2017, 09:27 PM
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
The concave look on those wheels are nice, OP. Remind me of Enkei NT01s.

I had Avid 19s on my last car and they were nice for knockoffs. Moderately weighted, balanced, and with no coating or material defects for over 2 years.
Old 03-26-2017, 06:44 PM
8th Gear

Just an update, wheels are on and they fit perfectly! Thanks all!
Old 03-26-2017, 09:02 PM
Andrew

Nice!
Old 07-28-2017, 05:37 PM
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
You could probably help me with this one VE.

I'm looking at the AV-30 18x8.5 ET35. I have a TL-S so I'm guessing it wouldn't clear the calipers? If so, how much of a spacer would I need? 5-6mm?
Old 07-28-2017, 07:52 PM
Andrew

Originally Posted by cprime
You could probably help me with this one VE.

I'm looking at the AV-30 18x8.5 ET35. I have a TL-S so I'm guessing it wouldn't clear the calipers? If so, how much of a spacer would I need? 5-6mm?
Dude, I'd love to help, but you lost me at TL-S. Along with the wheel size, it's spoke design that determines if the wheels will fit over the Brembo's, so I stay far away from giving people my guess. There are guys on this forum that are great with TL-S fitment though, just have to search the forums a bit.