WheelsDirectOnline.com horror story

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2007, 06:46 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WheelsDirectOnline.com horror story

It has been a couple months since I posted due to a deployment. I ordered wheels from WheelsDirectOnline.com back in February of this year. I order Volk GT-AV's with Toyo T1R's. I was excited about the prices they had on all of their wheels. I ordered the 23rd of February and they took the money from my account the next day. Two weeks passed by and there was no confirmation on my order or any correspondence whatsoever so I emailed them to ask for a reciept. They then told me that they had no information on any such order but that they would put the order in that day. So I start saving all of my emails. Two months pass and I am preparing for deployment without recieving my wheels. They tell me there is a 90 day wait on Volks, so I change my shipping address to one where someone will be available to recieve the wheels. I leave for deployment imagining they will be waiting for me when I get back. I email 6 times over the course of deployment asking for a status on the shipping with no reply. Finally on the 7th email (over 6 months after purchase) I recieve an email in return saying my wheels were shipped over 2-3 months ago and they are sitting in San Fransisco. I live in Hawaii so needless to say they are not at the address I listed. So then I track down the information from the shipping company and I am told it will be $500 in storage charges and shipping fees to get them the rest of the way to me. I already paid for shipping since I am in Hawaii despite WheelsDirectOnline's free shipping in the United States policy. So I contact WheelsDirectOnline to resolve the issue with the shipping and get the wheels the rest of the way to me. They assure me they can do it because they use the shipping company a lot. 3 weeks pass and still no word so I call again. Now they are saying they made it to me but no one was availbable to pick them up so they went back to San Fransisco. This is made up because even though I changed my address there was still someone staying at my old address and the new one listed. I talk to a manager (although I was told 3 times there was no managers available) and he assures me that they will pay the fees and get them out to me the next day. Another 3 weeks pass by and still no word so I contacted a lawyer. Now I have payed the shipping company to recieve the wheels and they are in the mail to me now (no thanks to WheelsDirectOnline.com). I asked for the shipping information from the shipping company and when the wheels were shipped WheelsDirectOnline.com had my address right but for some reason had my city, state and zip code wrong. In fact they weren't even close. The city and state was San Fransisco, CA explaining why the shipping company couldn't deliver them. Every time I called they assured me they would resolve the problem then did nothing. It is now the 29th of December and I had to spend more money to recieve my wheels. There will definately be a small claims suit to follow.
Old 12-29-2007, 08:37 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 293 Likes on 253 Posts
Maybe you should e-mail your contact at Wheels Direct and show him this thread ...

Nice way to appreciate our boys over "there"
Old 12-29-2007, 08:48 AM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
thanks for the heads up I was on their website a couple of days window shopping, won't be ordering from them at all
Old 12-29-2007, 08:56 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by stillhere153
thanks for the heads up I was on their website a couple of days window shopping, won't be ordering from them at all

Keep in mind this is one issue ... and one side of the story ... maybe Wheels Direct had 100,00 good stories too .. see how it plays out.
Old 12-29-2007, 09:34 AM
AZ Community Team

Received 7,771 Likes on 4,342 Posts
That is F'd up. You ought to get them for free - after a year and all that crap.

(Uhmmm, btw .... 3 words for ya Par-A-Graphs. )
Old 12-29-2007, 09:35 AM
AZ Community Team

Received 7,771 Likes on 4,342 Posts
Originally Posted by Jesstzn
Keep in mind this is one issue ... and one side of the story ... maybe Wheels Direct had 100,00 good stories too .. see how it plays out.

Maybe they should've worked a little harder to make it 100,001.
Old 12-29-2007, 11:04 AM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

mmmh ok that is how enron started
Old 12-29-2007, 11:30 AM
Retired!!! ON TOP!!!

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
They are known for that type of stuff... you can actually search this forum about them and plenty of horror stories would come up...

Sorry to hear this stuff happening...

Good Luck with the lawsuit...
Old 12-29-2007, 12:04 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,137 Likes on 1,067 Posts
While their service in this case was worse than poor, you have to understand about "shipping in the usa" pretty much means the lower 48.
You know how much it cost to ship goods to Hawaii just on the price of food items!

The seller contracted to send parts to a valid contiguous USA address. The misspelling of francisco is not an issue. Computer scanners track everything so the ZIP code is all important. You say that was wrong on their records- and you did not receive any shipping confirmation that would have allowed you to see it was incorrect.
Then you changed address and one person said ok- not knowing there are always extra charges for Alaska- Hawaii and Canada.

As for tracking- every step should be on a computer and easily found.

Before you do court and its hassle. simply send this forum thread and a printout of it to the company HEAD or Manager if thats as far as you can go, of the seller and the shipper.
Ask for the extra $$ actually out of your pocket because they really should have known an item was on backorder and refunded your money if you didnt want to wait.
And any item not delieverable needs a notification to the shipper!!!

Remind them: a Happy customer tells 2 friends
An UNHAPPY customer goes online and tells 11 Million people about their experience
Good luck
Use the Aloha spirit to get what you want
Old 12-29-2007, 05:52 PM
Cruisin'

come on.... they used to be a sponsored vendor on G35driver and they had many similar situations there...

It's not an isolated case... they are well known for doing this type of thing...
Old 12-29-2007, 06:28 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
The important thing we all can remeber and if anyone orders from this website, is that you need to get everything on paper or email from them every single time. If you order on Jan 1 and they tell you jan 27 deliver date, have them put it on paper, not over the phone.

If jan 27 comes and they are not at your door, call them up reference your emails and have them email or mail you a new delivery date, always keep all info and have paper records and not phone calls, they are worhless...

I would also have them gaurantee a date at the point of inital order, if they can't meet the date have them issue your money back if you want it!!!

Good Luck and Get your $$ back!
Old 12-29-2007, 08:02 PM
'06 750Li Sapphire/Creme

Originally Posted by desper
The important thing we all can remeber and if anyone orders from this website, is that you need to get everything on paper or email from them every single time. If you order on Jan 1 and they tell you jan 27 deliver date, have them put it on paper, not over the phone.

If jan 27 comes and they are not at your door, call them up reference your emails and have them email or mail you a new delivery date, always keep all info and have paper records and not phone calls, they are worhless...

I would also have them gaurantee a date at the point of inital order, if they can't meet the date have them issue your money back if you want it!!!

Good Luck and Get your $$ back!
Why would ANYONE, EVER order from that website? A year-long wait for a wheel that is produced in 90 days? Why didn't the original buyer simply cancel the order do to non-performance and simply let his credit card company fight the battles. Really sorry to hear that this happened to one of our nation's finest representatives.

Companies like this need to be made aware that it's not ALWAYS about price. Sometimes, it's about service. A few hundred more to do business with a reputable company may well be monies well spent.
Old 12-29-2007, 08:24 PM
Your Friendly Canadian

Received 1,485 Likes on 1,049 Posts
sucks...good luck with small claims.

does your lawyer think you have a good case?
Old 12-29-2007, 08:36 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by rodneyc77
They are known for that type of stuff... you can actually search this forum about them and plenty of horror stories would come up...

Sorry to hear this stuff happening...

Good Luck with the lawsuit...
If you do a search on WheelsDirectOnline you get this thread and one other ... and how would he know what goes on in the G35 threads ???

I'm not defending WheelsDirectOnline but more the OP against the likes of "Why would ANYONE, EVER order from that website?"

and "They are known for that type of stuff... you can actually search this forum about them and plenty of horror stories would come up... " I wouldn't think 2 threads = plenty.
Old 12-29-2007, 08:39 PM
FizzyStatus!

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
Damn, I was looking at that side earlier for rims
Old 12-30-2007, 01:39 AM
Instructor

I did read some horror stories before my purchase but I read some from other sites too. I have talked to managers I have demanded my money back and pretty much covered most of the bases. I have a ton of emails back and forth so it is well documented.
The address thing I didn't go into much because I felt it might be too confusing. My original address was Hawaii and yes I knew it would be extra. My change of addres was FPO AP address (Floating Post Office Armed forces Pacific) If you know much about those all mail is sorted in San Francisco and sent to where ever the FPO is going next. Apparently instead of asking when they noticed the shipping didn't accept FPO's the looked up the zip code and just changed it to the city. Big mistake!
They are a company that has had happy customers, so I am not saying to not use them, but definately take caution.
Old 12-30-2007, 09:52 AM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

Originally Posted by 01tl4tl
While their service in this case was worse than poor, you have to understand about "shipping in the usa" pretty much means the lower 48.
You know how much it cost to ship goods to Hawaii just on the price of food items!

The seller contracted to send parts to a valid contiguous USA address. The misspelling of francisco is not an issue. Computer scanners track everything so the ZIP code is all important. You say that was wrong on their records- and you did not receive any shipping confirmation that would have allowed you to see it was incorrect.
Then you changed address and one person said ok- not knowing there are always extra charges for Alaska- Hawaii and Canada.

As for tracking- every step should be on a computer and easily found.

Before you do court and its hassle. simply send this forum thread and a printout of it to the company HEAD or Manager if thats as far as you can go, of the seller and the shipper.
Ask for the extra $$ actually out of your pocket because they really should have known an item was on backorder and refunded your money if you didnt want to wait.
And any item not delieverable needs a notification to the shipper!!!

Remind them: a Happy customer tells 2 friends
An UNHAPPY customer goes online and tells 11 Million people about their experience
Good luck
Use the Aloha spirit to get what you want
dunno about ups and fedex
but USPS ships to hawaii a dollar a pound
Old 12-30-2007, 11:09 AM
'06 750Li Sapphire/Creme

If you do a search on WheelsDirectOnline you get this thread and one other ... and how would he know what goes on in the G35 threads ???

I'm not defending WheelsDirectOnline but more the OP against the likes of "Why would ANYONE, EVER order from that website?"

and "They are known for that type of stuff... you can actually search this forum about them and plenty of horror stories would come up... " I wouldn't think 2 threads = plenty.
I think this all comes down to the "screw one person and they will tell thousands" statement that was made earlier in the thread.... Point being is that it does not have to be a multitude of posts but rather one (or two as you pointed out) pissed off customer's that will hurt you. IMHO, they should be doing everything they can to put this right and then come on this thread (and the other) to state what they did to reconcile the issues. Otherwise, the list of internet threads they are listed on will grow and their business will slow.