Wheels that FIT 07 TL-S Brand/Size, Etc.

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2007, 07:23 PM
Safety Car

Received 133 Likes on 129 Posts
Wheels that FIT 07 TL-S Brand/Size, Etc.

Please post what wheels you bought for your 07 TL-S. What fits with the Brembo brakes. Please put make, size, offset, all info. Price and where you purchased if you don't mind. Its HARD to find wheels that fit. Also put what type of lowering kit if it applies. And how much lower it is. Tire size also. THANKYOU VERY MUCH
Old 04-23-2007, 07:53 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
haaa, haaa!!! subscribed!!!
Old 04-23-2007, 08:36 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by gunner252
haaa, haaa!!! subscribed!!!
What exactly is in you mind
Old 04-24-2007, 08:36 AM
Racer

i'm in the same boat man.
Old 04-24-2007, 10:32 AM
Safety Car

i'm in the same boat man.
Sorry, I thought you were making fun of a newbie Its sick about these problems. Sure I love the stopping power of the Bremb's, but it BULL. I had an 06 TL but liked the 5 star design. These TL-S wheels only look good when their clean and the tires are gloss black dressed. I just talked to a rep at WheelFire.com and he said ANY wheel for this car will need front spacers. I have been going nuts on this forum for a week, 4 hours a day, calling all over and I don't know what to do I should of kept the 06 TL BUT the 07 TL-S is so much MORE IMO
Old 04-24-2007, 10:34 AM
Racer

yeah, you can't go wrong w/the 07 TL-S, but it is a pain in the ass trying to find wheels. i was wondering if spacers would fix the "problem" or not. but, if you run w/spacers, does that mean you can put pretty much any wheel on it, or does it still limit what wheels will fit (as far as clearing the brembos).
Old 04-24-2007, 11:29 AM
Safety Car

yeah, you can't go wrong w/the 07 TL-S, but it is a pain in the ass trying to find wheels. i was wondering if spacers would fix the "problem" or not. but, if you run w/spacers, does that mean you can put pretty much any wheel on it, or does it still limit what wheels will fit (as far as clearing the brembos).
I just talked to somebody who seamed to know what they were talking about. They use only MAXIMUM 5mm spacers if wanted. BUT he said it puts a lot of stress on the lug nuts. Didn't soung good to me I FINALLY!!! Talked to Raffi @ eWheels.com He GUARANTEED these wheels WILL fir the 07 TL-S. 5Zigen Sports Engine SC 3000 Hyper Black 19" x 8.5" with a +38mm offset. NO spacers. I told him 3 times that the 07 TL-Type S has Brembo brakes. He double checked while I was on hold. I asked again and he said they are GUARANTEED to fit. I wanted to get just the wheels from them. I wanted to get Bridgestone Pole Position due to great reviews. He said they have a package deal. The 19" x 8.5" wheels, Hankook K-104 235/35/19" mounted, balanced, shipped, total $1,895

What do you think? ANY EXPERTS OUT THERE???? IS THIS CORRECT, TRUE, A FACT, DEFINATE, FOR SURE, NO PROBLEM, NO SPACERS, +38 OFFSET, ANSWERS ARE GREATLY APPRECIATED
Old 04-24-2007, 11:48 AM
Instructor

Did you try calling Ron Jon for wheels. They specifically design them for the Acura/Hondas. If your not sure about the other place give them a try. Getting wheels is a slippery slope and your never sure if the person on the phone is just saying yes to get you to buy.
Old 04-24-2007, 11:50 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by VT06TL
Did you try calling Ron Jon for wheels. They specifically design them for the Acura/Hondas. If your not sure about the other place give them a try. Getting wheels is a slippery slope and your never sure if the person on the phone is just saying yes to get you to buy.

i'm not a fan of ron jon, dont really like the design. but, yeah you cant be 100% sure that the person on the other end knows what they're talking about all the time.
Old 04-24-2007, 11:53 AM
Safety Car

Thankyou I really like the 5Zigen Sports Engine SC 3000 Hyper Black Somebody here has a white TL lowered 1" with them and it looks Classy, Sexy, sweet I like the Inspire RonJon, but not as much as the 5 Zigens. I will go check them out again
Old 04-24-2007, 12:31 PM
Safety Car

i'm not a fan of ron jon, dont really like the design. but, yeah you cant be 100% sure that the person on the other end knows what they're talking about all the time.
Before I spoke to Raffi @ eWheels.com I e-mailed them in FULL detail. I just got off the phone with Vic @ eWheels and he guaranteed they fit. I di checkout RonJon wheels, and they are nice, but not my favorite. Don't get me wrong, they look nice in silver. I am NOT a fan of wheels that are 100% GLEAMING CHROME Vic suggested this set-up vs. Raffi @ same place. 19"X 8.5" with 245/35/19" in the front, and 19"x 9.5" with 275/30/19" for rear. 5 Zigen Sports Engine SC 3000 Hyper Black with Hankook K-104 tires. Total price shipped $2,090.

Hankook is owned by Michelein. Very good tires, but not the best by far. He said if I was doing a lot of real racing the Bridgestone Pole Position RE 05A is a better tire. At about $250 more for a set. On TireRacks website the Bridgestone is the #1 rated.

I HOPE more people (EXPERTS) read this and respond. That is what makes the internet so great BUT only time will tell.

I don't want to get them by mail from Flo. or Cal. and have to return them!
Old 04-24-2007, 12:32 PM
Racer

^^^ are you going to swap or replace your TPMS?
Old 04-24-2007, 01:00 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I know that Vic over at e-wheelz.com has done a lot of TLs with Brembo brakes. Mine is one of them. If he says the wheels will clear the Brembo brakes, I'd say 99% the rims will clear.

BTW, you'll want to talk to Vic about pricing and fitment. I think he's the head honcho in that place. I've been to this store in person and they do a LOT of imports. I heard that this store is one of the largest Rays (Volk Racing, G-Games, Gram Lights, etc) retailers.

Although, if you are ordering from them, make sure they put EVERYTHING in writing. That includes how many lug nuts and hub centric rings are included in the purchase and so on.

245/35 R19 on 19x8.5" with 38 offset should be OK with the car. I have 245/35 R19 on 19x8.5 and 35 offset and no rubbing, even with 5 heavy guys on board.
Old 04-24-2007, 01:11 PM
Safety Car

^^^ are you going to swap or replace your TPMS?
Exactly what do you mean? I will get sensors for the new wheels also. I will use the stock grey fast & furious wheels/tires for the winter. Oct-May
Old 04-24-2007, 01:13 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by 260 HP
I know that Vic over at e-wheelz.com has done a lot of TLs with Brembo brakes. Mine is one of them. If he says the wheels will clear the Brembo brakes, I'd say 99% the rims will clear.

BTW, you'll want to talk to Vic about pricing and fitment. I think he's the head honcho in that place. I've been to this store in person and they do a LOT of imports. I heard that this store is one of the largest Rays (Volk Racing, G-Games, Gram Lights, etc) retailers.

Although, if you are ordering from them, make sure they put EVERYTHING in writing. That includes how many lug nuts and hub centric rings are included in the purchase and so on.

245/35 R19 on 19x8.5" with 38 offset should be OK with the car. I have 245/35 R19 on 19x8.5 and 35 offset and no rubbing, even with 5 heavy guys on board.
Great Thanks alot What do you think of the Hankook tires, and going staggered? Your input is appreciated
Old 04-24-2007, 01:27 PM
Three Wheelin'

I haven't tried Hankook myself, so I can't comment on those tires. They should be decent though.

In regards to going staggered, I personally don't like it. Staggered with wider tires on the rear will cause more understeer, prohibits you from rotating the tires and generally more expensive to name a few reasons. It does look good, although improper because it's an FWD car.

I know there will be 2 billions people posting here to defend their decision of going staggered though.

JP TL-S, I saw your post that you put the 5 spokes OEM rims from 04-06 TL on your car and the spokes don't hit your Brembo. It's simply because 04-06 TL with MT also have Brembo brakes, the same calipers as what you have right now.

I don't know your budget, but a lot of Japanese rims fit this car and clear the brakes as well. A lot of Volk Racing, G-Games, Gram Lights, Work, Racing Hart (the true Racing Hart) have models that their spoke design curve outward enough to clear the brakes. You just need to find the wheels that has either High Pad/disk.

Rims that fit Mitsubishi Lancer Evo most likely will also clear the Brembo brakes.
Old 04-24-2007, 01:40 PM
Safety Car

I haven't tried Hankook myself, so I can't comment on those tires. They should be decent though.

In regards to going staggered, I personally don't like it. Staggered with wider tires on the rear will cause more understeer, prohibits you from rotating the tires and generally more expensive to name a few reasons. It does look good, although improper because it's an FWD car.

I know there will be 2 billions people posting here to defend their decision of going staggered though.

JP TL-S, I saw your post that you put the 5 spokes OEM rims from 04-06 TL on your car and the spokes don't hit your Brembo. It's simply because 04-06 TL with MT also have Brembo brakes, the same calipers as what you have right now.

I don't know your budget, but a lot of Japanese rims fit this car and clear the brakes as well. A lot of Volk Racing, G-Games, Gram Lights, Work, Racing Hart (the true Racing Hart) have models that their spoke design curve outward enough to clear the brakes. You just need to find the wheels that has either High Pad/disk.

Rims that fit Mitsubishi Lancer Evo most likely will also clear the Brembo brakes.
Thanks Bro I was thinking the same thing you said about staggered. Great for show cars, but in the real world its not a good Idea. As far as budget, anything I buy I can't afford. But I will spend up to $500 per wheel, plus tires. I have been considering taking out a loan to pay off my Credit cards. 20k in 20 months should take care of it. I owe about 17k now, I will just add the tires/wheel into the loan. I have done it many times. I just pay 1k a month. I wish I could just see a page with all the wheels/brands/models/sizes/cost and pick one. I won't spend $700-$1000 for 1 wheel I figure about $3k for package, but I want to spend $2k.
Old 04-24-2007, 02:31 PM
Three Wheelin'

If you like Privat Netz, you'll save some coins there. A member here RevolutionSignworks has or had Privat Netz in 19x8 with 30 offset and it clears the Brembo brakes. I personally think the rims look very good in a TL and they are also inexpensive. Search for RevolutionSignworks or Privat Netz in this forum. He also posts how much he paid for them and where he bought them from.

Also take a look at G-Games. Trancemission has them on his car and these rims are also quite affordable and also made in Japan by Rays Engineering, the maker of Volk Racing. Trancemission's rims are also 19x8 and 30 offset.
Old 04-24-2007, 03:15 PM
Instructor

I agree Staggered looks good but is wrong for all the reason 260 HP gave.

I looked at Ron Jon wheels but ended up taking a chance and getting Volk GT-C's. Now if I can just get in some place to get the Toyo T1R's mounted on them....Couldn't get an appointment till next Wednesday so I have to wait!!
Old 04-24-2007, 03:17 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by JD TL-S
Exactly what do you mean? I will get sensors for the new wheels also. I will use the stock grey fast & furious wheels/tires for the winter. Oct-May
yeah, thats what i was getting at, are you going to get new sensors for the new wheels. i've been quoted about $80/sensor.
Old 04-24-2007, 03:32 PM
Safety Car

yeah, thats what i was getting at, are you going to get new sensors for the new wheels. i've been quoted about $80/sensor.
I read its about $200 for a set. I hope their not $80 each. $320 set I won't get any wheels and tires until I am 1,000% sure. Plus I need to make sure its the style I really like. Many wheels look great off the car, then look only good on the car, and vise versa. I will be back, I going to check out some of the suggestions from you awesome people
Old 04-24-2007, 07:59 PM
Racer

I read its about $200 for a set...
i think you're right... $200 a set.
Old 04-24-2007, 08:16 PM
Advanced

Add me to the list of Type S people seeking wheels that fit. I want 18"s I dont want to go 19"... I just don't want the harsh ride. I like that 5Zigen Sports Engine SC 3000... but again... who knows if they will fit in 18". I orginally wanted the TSW Catalunya in 18x8. I learning today that they won't fit.. so back to the drawing board. :-(
Old 04-24-2007, 08:41 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Scott P.
Add me to the list of Type S people seeking wheels that fit. I want 18"s I dont want to go 19"... I just don't want the harsh ride. I like that 5Zigen Sports Engine SC 3000... but again... who knows if they will fit in 18". I orginally wanted the TSW Catalunya in 18x8. I learning today that they won't fit.. so back to the drawing board. :-(
I spoke to 2 people about 5 Zigen SC Sports Engine, they will fit in 19" wheels. Will definately fit in 18"
Old 04-24-2007, 09:13 PM
Racer

I spoke to 2 people about 5 Zigen SC Sports Engine, they will fit in 19" wheels. Will definately fit in 18"
that sucks, because i talked to someone last week that said those would not fit the 07 type s and neither would the LX9000's. i thought i called 5zigen about it, but i talked to so many places about so many wheels, i'm not 100% sure. don't mean to say what you're saying is wrong, but this is just a classic case of getting different info from different sources. sounds like yours is pretty reliable though???
Old 04-24-2007, 09:26 PM
Safety Car

that sucks, because i talked to someone last week that said those would not fit the 07 type s and neither would the LX9000's. i thought i called 5zigen about it, but i talked to so many places about so many wheels, i'm not 100% sure. don't mean to say what you're saying is wrong, but this is just a classic case of getting different info from different sources. sounds like yours is pretty reliable though???
I e-mailed first then called eWheels.com. I talked to 2 different people at different times. I explained ALL about the 07 Acura TL-S and the brembo brakes. He said several times that he guaranteed they will fit. The second time I called I talked to a different person. I did the same thing, he put me on hold, came back and guaranteed they will fit an 07 TL-S with Brembo brakes with no spacers. 19"x 8.5" with a +38 offset. If 19" fit, 18" will also.
Old 04-24-2007, 09:41 PM
Instructor

I got my wheels from e-wheelz.com, actually I went and had them installed at their shop which is really a discount tires center. I have the 5Zigen SC3000 on my G35 sedan with the fronts being 19x8.5 +38. I'm positive that they will fit the brembo because I still have about 2 inches of clearance in the front between the spokes and the caliper. Keep in mind my stock calipers are 2 pots and kinda beefy.
Old 04-24-2007, 09:48 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by limited
I got my wheels from e-wheelz.com, actually I went and had them installed at their shop which is really a discount tires center. I have the 5Zigen SC3000 on my G35 sedan with the fronts being 19x8.5 +38. I'm positive that they will fit the brembo because I still have about 2 inches of clearance in the front between the spokes and the caliper. Keep in mind my stock calipers are 2 pots and kinda beefy.
Cool I usually am curious if its true, but when I spoke to 2 diff people, Raffi and Vic, they were serious about a guarantee they would fit.

The problem is I really like the look and was getting wood about them until I saw JJaber06 with his awesome Ray Lexion 203 NOW I found out they don't sel them anymore. This has happened to me twice this week. I think the A-Spec coilovers will go on soon instead of wheels. My A-Spec body kit is going on friday. Then maybe I will tint my own windows 50%

Thanks much for the reply I need to go do some pushups or something.
Old 04-25-2007, 09:15 AM
Racer

I e-mailed first then called eWheels.com. I talked to 2 different people at different times. I explained ALL about the 07 Acura TL-S and the brembo brakes. He said several times that he guaranteed they will fit. The second time I called I talked to a different person. I did the same thing, he put me on hold, came back and guaranteed they will fit an 07 TL-S with Brembo brakes with no spacers. 19"x 8.5" with a +38 offset. If 19" fit, 18" will also.
maybe i'll call the local discount tire direct store, that i've been talking to several times in my quest for new wheels/tires; and see what they say about the SC3000s. if they say that they'll fit, then i'll trust they know what they're talking about.
Old 04-25-2007, 12:04 PM
2007 TL Type-S

Are spacers that bad? I was on Tireracks site and found some Modas i liked but they need the spacers. What problems could occur?
Old 04-25-2007, 07:35 PM
Advanced

I'm not sure I would agree that because 19's fit the 18's will also. I originally wanted the OZ Superlegerra III's in 18". Then found out they do not fit over the brakes. The 19" Superlegerra III's fit fine.
Old 04-25-2007, 07:50 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Scott P.
I'm not sure I would agree that because 19's fit the 18's will also. I originally wanted the OZ Superlegerra III's in 18". Then found out they do not fit over the brakes. The 19" Superlegerra III's fit fine.
Yah that makes sense because of the bigger diameter.
Old 04-25-2007, 07:57 PM
Racer

guy at discount tire direct called me back & said that he spoke w/the guys at 5zigen & the sc3000 18's wont fit, but 19's will. he said that the reason the 18's wont fit is because they're 7.5, not 8 in wheel.
Old 04-25-2007, 08:28 PM
Instructor

i think you're right... $200 a set.
Got mine for $35.00 each plus shipping on Ebay.
Old 04-25-2007, 08:36 PM
Racer

Got mine for $35.00 each plus shipping on Ebay.
will the tpms's for the 06's fit 07's?
Old 04-26-2007, 05:39 PM
Instructor

It would seem so... according to this ebay listing, the TPMS they are selling is for both the 06 and 07 models

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ACURA...spagenameZWD1V
Old 04-26-2007, 06:23 PM
Instructor

I have an 06 mt with brambos and I already had a set of 20's I wanted to put on my car. They did not clear the brembos at all. (wheels came off of my 03 CL-S. So the offset was real high +45 and the rim is only 7.5 inches wide. I bought a set of spacers from H&R. They came with longer studs and were a pain in the ass to put on. Had to pull the hub and everything. My spacers were 15 mm and yes that is a lot!! But with the longer studs it clears the brakes and wont have to worry about the studs breaking. It has worked great and never have any vibrations or problems.

Hope this helps
Old 04-26-2007, 09:25 PM
Safety Car

guy at discount tire direct called me back & said that he spoke w/the guys at 5zigen & the sc3000 18's wont fit, but 19's will. he said that the reason the 18's wont fit is because they're 7.5, not 8 in wheel.
COOL, so the width is the reason. Nice to get all the info.
Old 04-27-2007, 09:14 AM
Racer

COOL, so the width is the reason. Nice to get all the info.
yeah, if you want to go with 18's it has to be at least an 8" wheel.
Old 04-27-2007, 09:16 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by MC82
It would seem so... according to this ebay listing, the TPMS they are selling is for both the 06 and 07 models

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ACURA...spagenameZWD1V

thanks!

Quick Reply: Wheels that FIT 07 TL-S Brand/Size, Etc.