WheelMax

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2002, 01:01 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down WheelMax

Never use WheelMax to get wheels, or anything for that matter. I learned that the hard way this weekend. After receiving a set of rims, and putting them on my car, they rubbed; the offset was way off, so I had to shave my fenders(these people assured me on two occasions that these wheels would not have any problem on my car. Unfortunately I believed them). Then I noticed that one of the wheels was pitted. I can't believe it even got shipped to me. After noticing this, I called them all day Saturday, and was only able to sit on hold for hours at a time, while leaving multiple messages; Messages that were never replied to. It gets worse; I took the car for an alignment and found out that EVERY single wheel and tire had a drastically different pressure in them, and were ALL out of balance. I called them today again, and after getting one full hour of busy signals, I finally got through to customer service, who could not do anything for me. They transferred me to their head man who, after arguing with his customer, wants to refund me only $60 from my original invoice (an invoice he made $500 profit on) and give me a new wheel at cost. I suggested he should do more to satisy me, and his only retort was, "Are you trying to tell me how to run my business?" On that note I put him on on hold for a second to pick up an incoming call. He used this as an opportunity to hang up on me. I called back, not more than 15 seconds later, and he told one of the girls there to tell me he had gone into the warehouse, and that he was firm on his deal. So here I sit; My next step is to call the wheel manufacturer (something he should have been doing for me) and see if there is anyone over there with an ear. Wish me luck, -Brian
Old 06-25-2002, 01:14 PM
Instructor

also

hey if its not to far from u...
try visiting them with a few big guys...and beat the crap out of dem...
also call the better business bearu
and let them know ..
Old 06-25-2002, 01:21 PM
Burning Brakes

Better Business Bureau sucks...all you have to do is pay to be a member. The best thing to do is call the wheel manufacturer and tell them about the lousy service and poor quality products that you received. Most manufacturers don't want bad middlemen, and chances are if you talk to them long enough, they could even pull his account.
Old 06-25-2002, 01:41 PM
Suzuka Master

same thing

My buddy ordered M5's from the Wheelmax the other day and they called him back 4 days later and told him that they were on back order... Luckly he pulled out of it and dropped the order... I will tell him about this .... he will be glad...

Smitty
Old 06-25-2002, 02:24 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,080 Likes on 661 Posts
I had a similar problem with them as well. Ordered a set of wheels and tires and he assured me they were 18x7.5 +45 offset. Well I got them and they were +40 offset and they stuck out a lot.

Called him and *****ed him out for a while and was able to get my money back. The issue was that what was on the invoice was not the wheels I got.

I ended up ordering my Racing Harts from Tim and all has been good.

Good luck man.
Old 06-25-2002, 02:31 PM
Banned

yeah

Thanks for the votes of confidence guys. It's just a shame WheelMax had to turn what could have been a great P.R. opportunity into such a negative event.
Old 06-26-2002, 01:03 PM
Daddy

Did you pay via credit card? If so, dispute the charge.
Old 06-26-2002, 01:18 PM
Instructor

What rims and offset did you order?
Old 06-26-2002, 02:30 PM
Burning Brakes

you can take them to small claims court.
Old 06-29-2002, 03:31 PM
Safety Car

Arrow

Just wanted to give my input on this. I ordered my wheels with tires from Wheelmax and got them in about a week. They were brand new with brand new tires. I checked for the offsets and damages before I put them on. Everything went great and I'm very please with them. It's unfortune that others are having problems and I was skeptical about them as well since I saw this post a week ago, but I guess I'm one of the lucky ones.

I don't know what size you ordered or who you talked to at Wheelmax, but I think you should of do some homework about what type of rims and offsets before you place an order, especially mail orders from other states.

Bottom line is that my wheels are on my car without any problems and I got them for a great price. Sorry to hear that your having so many problems with them, hopefully you can work things out.

my 2 cents.
Old 06-29-2002, 07:05 PM
Three Wheelin'

most times those tire shops only go by a chart telling them what fits on what and sometimes those charts are wrong because of one thing or another.....ive also found that different tire manufacturers offsets differ slightly why this is i dont know but i can tell you from experience that i had two different rims on my car same size/offset/and tire and one was out more then the other. Let me add onemore thing...those guys that ur placing your orders with ....one word...commission !!
Old 06-29-2002, 07:14 PM
Banned

As most of you guys know,
I own a shop myself, and have heard of simmilar problems from Wheel Max. I read the beginning of this post, and thought I might enter my point of view. As for one of the posts on this thread that said the genterlmen should have done his homework, I agree, but also disagree in some ways. When you walk into a store, or call a company, especially a wheel company, you are purchasing more then just the wheels. The profit that the company makes, is all inclusive of the expertise and knowledge of the salesperson, which is imparative to be infallable. With people working as salespeople that don't care to know the details of every sale, are where problems such as the start of this thread occur. I sympathize with you man, and if I can do anything as a shop owner to provide you information about the main wheel company of your wheels....let me know.
Luck.
importcult@aol.com
Old 07-02-2002, 02:46 PM
Banned

F' WheelMax

Thanks for the input guys. To date, I have succumbed to the Gods of frustration, and have given up. What is a buyer to do? Nothing. The problem with business today is that there is ZERO accountability. No one wants to take responsibility for anything. No one wants to make a call on their own. No one wants to stick their neck out. They all do as little as humanly possible to get by. They hope to fly through life below the radar. They don’t care about their customers. All they know is what time the work day is over, when their next evaluation is, and how best to avoid life. How many companies have you seen that carry the slogan “Service First?” Service first!?!?! I can’t remember the last time I had a problem with a purchase and actually walked away happy with a fair remedy. It just doesn’t work that way anymore. Show me someone that is going to REALLY take care of me (i.e. take care of my problems and take away headaches, rather than add to them), and they’ve got a customer for life. Amen, and F’ WheelMax!