Very good tire info website, and tire info

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 11:09 PM
Fresher the Better

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very good tire info website, and tire info

I've never seen a website that has so much tire-brand history, as well as up-to-date information on the newest, not-yet-even-released tires.

www.tiremedia.com

Anyone been wondering why General tire has been giving $50 gift-cards for purchasing four of the Exclaim UHPs? Looks like the General and Uniroyal share tires, and the Exclaim UHP is Uniroyals' Rainsport 1 tire. Uniroyal is coming out with a Rainsport 2, so can an Exclaim UHP 2 be far behind?

Not all companies are on this site though, such as Nitto. I had to dig around to get a photo of the yet-to-be-released Nitto NT850 performance luxury tire:

Now, aside from tread design, can anyone figure out the difference between the Toyo Tourevo LS and the Toyo Versado LX?? I can't figure it out.

Old 08-07-2008, 11:32 PM
Fresher the Better

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bah! After driving myself crazy with the Tourevo/Versado question, I figured it out. The Versado (on the right) has better cornering (note elongated shoulder blocks and elongated blocks marked by the No. 2). The Tourevo's main differences are the rib (No. 2) and the high-angle groove (No. 3) which is for straight-line stability and hydroplane resistance. So, if you were considering either the Tourevo or Versado, get the Versado if you like to corner hard, or get the Tourevo if you like to travel fast and straight.