TLs on Bags...

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 03:12 PM
New York state of mind

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TLs on Bags...

......after seeing it done right (rodney, wrxyboy) i am certain i wanna go this route, but have a few questions before i order the kit

regarding height, how low can you go while still being drivable?

when it drops to the lowest setting how do the wheels in the back auto camber in?

is it as reliable in terms of handling and performance as other suspensions ?

is there any maintenance invloved?

and lastly where do i order the air runner kit?

sorry if these are n00b questions but i am fairly new to alot of aspects in tuning as ive only been into modding cars less than a year ^__^

heres some pics of my inspiration ( pics will eb taken down at owners request)

wrxyboys type s

rodneys WDP

some other random ones i found

any help would be great. thanks guys!
Old 04-25-2010, 07:36 PM
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
it looks great, but I would never put it on my personal car. The bags do leak over time, and you have extra stuff like lines blowing out an what not.
Old 04-25-2010, 07:59 PM
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
It woud be ideal if u maintained, understood and did all the work yourself. And if its more along the lines of a show vehicle, NOT your daily driver. U cant take your bagged vehicle to sears or your local car-x to have a bagged issue fixed although custom shops may deal with it.

when it drops to the lowest setting how do the wheels in the back auto camber in? IN GENERAL, the lower u go the more negative camber u will have. Alignment is only correct if u align it at a said ride height, and only drive it at that height. Any raising or lowering will throw it off.

how low can you go while still being drivable? when u hear scraping/grinding, air it up a few psi.

is it as reliable in terms of handling and performance as other suspensions ?
could be debatable but IMO, no...BUT it looks cool!

is there any maintenance invloved? YES. Aside from it being adjustable(more things to go wrong) U have things to worry about such as draining water traps, and/or air tanks. leaky, freezing or sticking valves, electrical gremlins (all kind of wiring....IE valves, switches, compressors, pressure switches, relays..etc) Also depending where u live, I wouldn't drive a bagged vehicle in extreamly cold, freezing weather.

I dont have a bagged TL, as it is my daily..BUT my show vehicle is this,

and it can be a pain in the ass sometimes. but worth the looks, and I only drive it a few times a week, MAYBE 8 months outta the year. these NW Indiana winters can be harsh.

Hope this helps u decide.

Last edited by Dino81; 04-25-2010 at 08:01 PM.