Tire dressing?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2004, 08:01 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tire dressing?

Whats the best thing to use for tire dressing? I use a spray applicator (by turtle wax)and get some on the wheels too ( which I wipe off), but is there a really good one which will keep the tires black for a long time and are not applied by spraying? I am in Canada so the product variety is limited..
Thanks
Old 08-10-2004, 09:10 AM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have used Eagle One products for years. I have found their tire care products to be outstanding; imho

http://www.eagleone.com/
Old 08-10-2004, 10:25 AM
What's a TL?

I use Meguiar's NXT Plastic/Vinyl/Rubber protectant...it works well and does not spread while driving after you apply it. As for the application, I got an applicator from my local auto parts store...its nice because the applicator follows the lines of the tire and applies a very even coat.
Old 08-10-2004, 10:27 AM
Ak Ting Up

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by takkar
Whats the best thing to use for tire dressing? I use a spray applicator (by turtle wax)and get some on the wheels too ( which I wipe off), but is there a really good one which will keep the tires black for a long time and are not applied by spraying? I am in Canada so the product variety is limited..
Thanks
I don't like sprays either, but 'Black Magic' brand has a tire spray that has an ajustable nozzel for different tire heights (low profile, medium, and high). It works very well and lasts.
Old 08-10-2004, 06:39 PM
Team WD Member

I just started using 303 Aerospace Protectant on my tires. Originally bought it for dashboard after many rave reviews.

The 303 did a great job on the tires and wheels. Didn't leave a greasy/glossy looking tire, but more satiny - like it says on the side of the bottle.

Impressive.
Old 08-11-2004, 05:04 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by AcuraVic
I don't like sprays either, but 'Black Magic' brand has a tire spray that has an ajustable nozzel for different tire heights (low profile, medium, and high). It works very well and lasts.
Meguiars has the same.

i found most high gloss stuff leaves dirt attracting residue. i prefer rubber conditioner like Mothers vinyl/plastic/rubber conditioner, leaves tire looking new with no sticky crud left behind. Rubber wax is also good.
Old 08-11-2004, 11:59 AM
Team Anthracite Member

The best product I have used is Meguiars Endurance. (it comes in regular and then a shiny - I prefer the regular). It is a purple gel that you put on their special applicator and rub/wipe on, then you wipe off with an old rag. Looks great , does not spin off and lasts too for a decent amount of time. I like it cause it is not a spray.
Old 08-25-2004, 06:34 AM
Drifting

I use 303 and I like the satin look, it doesn't attract dust, and protects the rubber...what more could you ask for?
Old 08-26-2004, 10:21 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by TBone2004
The best product I have used is Meguiars Endurance. (it comes in regular and then a shiny - I prefer the regular). It is a purple gel that you put on their special applicator and rub/wipe on, then you wipe off with an old rag. Looks great , does not spin off and lasts too for a decent amount of time. I like it cause it is not a spray.

I was an auto detailer for over 10 years. I used to detail all 32 of Cecil Fielder's cars including Bentley's, Mercedes, Vipers, Ferrari's, and classic muscle cars. THE BEST tire gloss I have ever used is Meguiar's Endurance. There is two flavors to it though for two different kinds of people.

1) Meguiar's endurance - Low to medium gloss for a clean, sharp look for those people who don't like the high gloss look. This is the gloss I used on all of Cecil's cars, because he did not like the "glossy, wet" look.

2) Meguiar's endurance High Gloss - This is a clear purple gel that goes on easy and has a very high gloss, "wet" look to it. My personal favorite of all tire glosses. I cannot find it in stores anymore, but I ordered online from www.meguiars.com for about $5 per bottle.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
Old 08-26-2004, 01:10 PM
Intermediate

My tires turned a nice shade of brown after 2 weeks with an Eagle One spray-on dressing. I've since sprayed on 303 Aerospace protectant, which cleaned off the brown look and left a nice finish as others have described.
Old 09-01-2004, 12:04 PM
Team Anthracite Member

Check out Pep Boys or Car Parts - until a few weeks ago, the High Gloss is all they carried by me. Great stuff.

Originally Posted by tlzx9

I was an auto detailer for over 10 years. I used to detail all 32 of Cecil Fielder's cars including Bentley's, Mercedes, Vipers, Ferrari's, and classic muscle cars. THE BEST tire gloss I have ever used is Meguiar's Endurance. There is two flavors to it though for two different kinds of people.

1) Meguiar's endurance - Low to medium gloss for a clean, sharp look for those people who don't like the high gloss look. This is the gloss I used on all of Cecil's cars, because he did not like the "glossy, wet" look.

2) Meguiar's endurance High Gloss - This is a clear purple gel that goes on easy and has a very high gloss, "wet" look to it. My personal favorite of all tire glosses. I cannot find it in stores anymore, but I ordered online from www.meguiars.com for about $5 per bottle.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
Old 09-01-2004, 12:53 PM
Team Owner

Received 3,864 Likes on 2,031 Posts
Here's another vote for Endurance. It doesn't turn that awful shade of brown, goes on easy without messing up the wheels, doesn't spin off, and lasts until the next wash. I think that's about all you can ask of it except that it not reduce sidewall traction during very hard cornering .

Mike
Old 09-01-2004, 01:05 PM
Banned

a buddy of mine who worked for Ikon office solutions actually tried some copier liquid used to condition the rubber rollers of the copier, said it works awesome (just a few drops does the sidewall of one 15" tire and lasts a few weeks).

i use Mothers vinyly/plastic/rubber conditioner (red spray bottle). it leaves the rubber in like new condition and leaves no residue behind to collect dirt or turn brown. fairly inexspensive.