Tire Choice - 18' Aspec wheels & Suspension

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 11:54 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tire Choice - 18' Aspec wheels & Suspension

Hello all,

With the warm weather here in northeast, I have decided to put new tires on my 18" Aspec wheels. I have posted 4 popular tires with TL owners and need your feed back.

Avon Tech M550 A/S
Conti ContiExtreme Contact
Pirelli's PZero Nero M+S
Michelin Pilot Sport -for 200 or so they seem expensive and the above 3 tires all perform better or just as good as Michelins. I have had bad experiences with Michelin ---rubber is too soft and suffered 2 blow outs with them in the past. Leaning toward the Conti's.

My 2nd questions is I need shocks and considering dropping the the car but not to low. Any considerations on choices of shocks and springs? Does the combo KONI FSD + Eibach Pro-Kit set fit 2004 TL.

Thanks,
Nick
Old 05-09-2007, 11:59 PM
Instructor

Conti ContiExtreme Contact!!!!!! very very good tire.
Old 05-10-2007, 12:10 AM
King of NYC

Received 216 Likes on 153 Posts
I put my vote down for the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S. Never owned a set but I used to sell them and I'll tell you that they were the best daym tires money could buy (I could never afford them, but if price were no object it would be my choice.) Plenty of people I know swear by them. PS2s also get positive feedback from owners though I personally don't care much for the tread design. I will agree with you they they are on the soft side and susceptible to sidewall damage as most Michelins are. Michelin and Goodyear do a lot of R&D, good tires.

PZeros would be my second choice but I would go with the Asimmetricos. They use them on Ferraris I'm sure they're good enough for a TL. Neros look kind plain jane.

I hear Avons are OK and I am definitely not a fan of Contis. Have had too many complaints on them. Seen people trade in lightly used sets to get rid of them. Fast wear and bad handling. Go Michelin!!
Old 05-10-2007, 07:57 AM
Pro

Pirelli PZero Nero M+S.

Extensive discussions on these and other tires in the Tires, Wheels, and Suspension sub-forum.