Those with TEIN SS

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2005, 10:33 AM
Bring It

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Those with TEIN SS

I will be purchasing the TEIN SS Coilovers in the spring. How easy is it to raise and lower the vehicle? i don't plan on getting the EDFC. How easy is it to change the damper settings?

Do these adjustments need to be done in the shop or can I do them in my garage? Please advice. Thanks.
Old 09-02-2005, 11:57 AM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
pretty easy bro. the coilover kit comes with a pair some clamps, keys, handles or whatever you want to call them to help you raise and lower the car. the damping is easy to change also cause its just a twist of a tiny knob on the top of the strut. if you dont get the edfc, you should set the damping before you install the rear coilovers. puttin the rears on requires takin out the rear seats and its a bitch to have to remove the rear seats to just set the damping. the front is pretty easy cause their right there. you dont need to take out anything except the plastic pieces. i got the edfc in mah car. its kinda fun to play with. the sound of the motors is fun to hear them working. i set the car at the near softest setting at 14 and it rode pretty good. i felt the bumps but not to the point where i felt the car was gona break apart. then i set it at 2 and went down these twisties in my friends neighborhood and it was pretty stiff and responsive. can't really feel much of a difference if you change the settings unless you start to hit shit roads. invest in teins bro. i rode in a-spec and it didnt do it for me, and i like the slammed look.
Old 09-02-2005, 12:30 PM
I pimp an Audi A4.

Originally Posted by xxvietxb0ixt0ixx
pretty easy bro. the coilover kit comes with a pair some clamps, keys, handles or whatever you want to call them to help you raise and lower the car. the damping is easy to change also cause its just a twist of a tiny knob on the top of the strut. if you dont get the edfc, you should set the damping before you install the rear coilovers. puttin the rears on requires takin out the rear seats and its a bitch to have to remove the rear seats to just set the damping. the front is pretty easy cause their right there. you dont need to take out anything except the plastic pieces. i got the edfc in mah car. its kinda fun to play with. the sound of the motors is fun to hear them working. i set the car at the near softest setting at 14 and it rode pretty good. i felt the bumps but not to the point where i felt the car was gona break apart. then i set it at 2 and went down these twisties in my friends neighborhood and it was pretty stiff and responsive. can't really feel much of a difference if you change the settings unless you start to hit shit roads. invest in teins bro. i rode in a-spec and it didnt do it for me, and i like the slammed look.
with everything you said
Old 09-02-2005, 02:47 PM
Bring It

Thanks for the input! I think I might invest in the EDFC after all, after i read your post.

About the ride height, i guess you can do that too by opening the hood? How about the rears? I know VA, the winter weather is unpredictable. My Mustang got stuck in the snow so many times, because it was too low.
Old 09-02-2005, 10:46 PM
Instructor

im thinking of getting the SS too, but i live in toronto where the winters are pretty bad... is there any horror storys of tein's seizing up ? thats my only main concern
Old 09-03-2005, 11:39 AM
Team NightHawk VP

dont you have to take off the strut tower bar in the front to install edfc?
Old 09-03-2005, 11:53 PM
Advanced

yeh, you gotta take off the front strut bar. i tried to keep the strut bar with the edfc motors on by modifying the stock strut bar but it didnt work out. the motor is too big and it is protected by a rubber cover. the motors have better chance of breaking if the rubber cover is taken off. i took off the rubber cover and it still didn't work. still too big so im rolling without it. you can kinda feel a diffefrence with the strut off, not big. if you take a turn at high speeds, it oversteers a lil bit but with teins and rsb i didnt really feel much. ill show you pics of the install if you want
Old 09-05-2005, 08:05 AM
Bring It

It would be great if you can take come pics. Thanks.