Thinking about PIAA Super rossa's...

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2005, 11:44 PM
P.I.M.P.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Thinking about PIAA Super rossa's...

I am thinking about going with the gunmetal colored PIAA super rossa's in 19's(http://www.piaa.com/Wheels/Wheel_Rozza.html). I would also like to get gold plated cross-drilled rotors to go behind them. I have a WDP TL and think this color combo would look great. Has anyone seen these wheels (or by any chance actually own them)??? Any suggestions? I have mixed opinion's about the gold rotors but I think they would look great behind some nice gunmetal wheels w/a deep lip. Anyway I'm just looking for some suggestions/opinion's so feel free. I also just dropped my car w/the Tein basic's so I'm dying to fill my wheel well. Any suggestions on similar wheels would be great too. Lastley I am curious about how strong/weak these wheels would be since they are 2 pieces and the spokes are so thin. Thanks guys, I'll try to take pictures as soon as the weather clears up over here in NJ!!!
Old 01-19-2005, 11:57 PM
Drifting

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by ShansTL23
I am thinking about going with the gunmetal colored PIAA super rossa's in 19's. I would also like to get gold plated cross-drilled rotors to go behind them. I have a WDP TL and think this color combo would look great. Has anyone seen these wheels (or by any chance actually own them)??? Any suggestions? I have mixed opinion's about the gold rotors but I think they would look great behind some nice gunmetal wheels w/a deep lip. Anyway I'm just looking for some suggestions/opinion's so feel free. I also just dropped my car w/the Tein basic's so I'm dying to fill my wheel well. Any suggestions on similar wheels would be great too. Lastley I am curious about how strong/weak these wheels would be since they are 2 pieces and the spokes are so thin. Thanks guys, I'll try to take pictures as soon as the weather clears up over here in NJ!!!
I don't have the PIAA rims, but I have the Work Meister S2R,which is basically what the PIAA rims were based off of. The PIAAs are cast, the Works are forged. Personally I think the PIAA rims are a little spendy for cast rims, but they do look awesome. If you are worried about strength, I'd personally opt for the Work VS-SS which is the forged 2 piece bolted rim, or the Work Meister S2R which is the forged 2 piece welded rim. They are stronger and lighter than the PIAA rims. The only downside is they only go up to 18". But I still think they look sweet. Here's my S2R's in Burning Black.

And here is the Work VS-SS I was talking about:

As for your rotors. Are you talking about the little "hat" of the rotor that is gold plated, or the rotor itself? Because if it's the rotor itself, it's going to wear off. I also am not sure if it is really gold plated. The slotted rotors I put on my other car were cadmium coated, but that coloring wore off were the pads scrubbed the rotor. In fact to this day I can't remember if I got them coated red or black, because the part that didn't rub off, is covered in brake dust...

Personally I think gold colored rotors would look tacky. It would look better if you just powder coated or painted your calipers gold. (especially if you have brembos)
Old 01-20-2005, 05:07 PM
Racer

wut do u think about this rim? it's from Motegi, in fact, i think i mite get this in 18" next summer for my WDP....

anyhow, do u think this rim fit on our TL? cuz when i look @ the spec, wut's backside?? do u c our botl pattern size on it?

Old 01-20-2005, 05:26 PM
I'm Baaack!

I'm w/ avs007 .. great rims (one of my favorites on the TL) don't do the gold rotors ... if you want to paint your calipers that's one thing (personally I'd go w/ black) but gold rotors?? too rice!
Old 01-20-2005, 10:19 PM
Drifting

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
The TL's bolt pattern is 5x114.3mm which is equivalentto 5x4.5" I'm not sure what the optimum offset it. I think 35mm or 40mm would work. I have no idea what backside is. I'm guessing it's the backspacing, which is just another way to measure offset.
Old 01-20-2005, 10:43 PM
tehLEGOman

Received 1,982 Likes on 1,335 Posts
PIAA rossa 19x8.5 42-43 offset with 35 series tires will be nasty.
Old 02-16-2006, 07:36 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by ShansTL23
I am thinking about going with the gunmetal colored PIAA super rossa's in 19's(http://www.piaa.com/Wheels/Wheel_Rozza.html). I would also like to get gold plated cross-drilled rotors to go behind them. I have a WDP TL and think this color combo would look great. Has anyone seen these wheels (or by any chance actually own them)??? Any suggestions? I have mixed opinion's about the gold rotors but I think they would look great behind some nice gunmetal wheels w/a deep lip. Anyway I'm just looking for some suggestions/opinion's so feel free. I also just dropped my car w/the Tein basic's so I'm dying to fill my wheel well. Any suggestions on similar wheels would be great too. Lastley I am curious about how strong/weak these wheels would be since they are 2 pieces and the spokes are so thin. Thanks guys, I'll try to take pictures as soon as the weather clears up over here in NJ!!!
Please post your pictures I also have a WDP 6sp and am strongly considering the same wheel.
Old 05-09-2006, 07:41 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ACCURATEin
PIAA rossa 19x8.5 42-43 offset with 35 series tires will be nasty.
Sorry for the misunderstanding but, is that "nasty" in a good or bad way?

Shans,

Great choice in wheel. I just placed a order for those same wheels. I ordered them in hyper black 19x8.5 . Can't wait to get them. So did you get them or not?
Old 05-09-2006, 08:30 PM
Shift_faster

Originally Posted by rced
Sorry for the misunderstanding but, is that "nasty" in a good or bad way?
In a good way...
Old 05-09-2006, 08:41 PM
Tristate ViP Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exactly don't think about getting PIAA just do it, those wheels are sick
Old 05-31-2006, 02:49 AM
Advanced

Super Rozza wheels 19 by 8.5

I just ran across this forum and actually i have the rims sitting in my room.I will be putting them on tomorrow so ill get some pics posted up.There the hyper black ones.I mite need some help tryin to put pics on this forum.Im new to this forum
Old 05-31-2006, 07:26 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by SleeperPnoy04
I just ran across this forum and actually i have the rims sitting in my room.I will be putting them on tomorrow so ill get some pics posted up.There the hyper black ones.I mite need some help tryin to put pics on this forum.Im new to this forum

Sleeper,

Where did you get them from. The place I ordered from told me they should have been here 3 weeks ago (hyper black too). Then I found out those were backorder another 3 weeks. They offered me the super black chrome that were to be here yesterday. Now there saying another 2 weeks. I'm getting tired of this waiting.
Old 05-31-2006, 11:45 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 624 Likes on 478 Posts
If any of you guys need PIAA wheels let me know. I just had a distributor start stocking these wheels and I usually get them shipped air for very competitive prices.
Old 06-01-2006, 01:33 AM
Advanced

super rozzas

i got my rims at a place called island motor sports in buena park.I actually had the same problem i actually got dem from someone elses order but den one of them ended up being the wrong size.So i waited for three weeks and it came in just yesterday ive actually had the other three for over a month.THe rims look sweet and it feels like these rims are a lot lighter den my stock black chrome wheels.The car doesnt rub either and it has a 2.25 inch drop.When i have some time ill post up some pics
Old 06-01-2006, 02:04 AM
9.5+10.5 22m=Hella Flush

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
i got my rims at a place called island motor sports in buena park.I actually had the same problem i actually got dem from someone elses order but den one of them ended up being the wrong size.So i waited for three weeks and it came in just yesterday ive actually had the other three for over a month.THe rims look sweet and it feels like these rims are a lot lighter den my stock black chrome wheels.The car doesnt rub either and it has a 2.25 inch drop.When i have some time ill post up some pics

Yes we need to see some PICS!!!!!!!!
Old 06-06-2006, 02:03 PM
Intermediate

Sleeper

Do you know if your using or if it is required to use hubcentric rings with the super rozza's? If you are what size are the rings? Oh we need pics!!! Thanks
Old 06-06-2006, 08:40 PM
Instructor

I also have the PIAA Super Rozza 2 piece wheels. 19x8 45mm offset in silver with chrome lip in 245/19/35 tires.

These wheels are sweet and not that common on a 3rd gen TL. I got it from Vick at wheeloptions/e-wheelz. Got a deal from him that really fit my budget. I will post pics soon.
Old 06-07-2006, 01:43 AM
Advanced

Super rozzas

Sorry about the delay in response ive been really bz.Havent had pics of the rims yet but they fit on without any spacers on my 6 spd.I have a 19 by 8.5 with a 42 offset.
Old 06-07-2006, 08:56 AM
acura-cl.com OG

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the gold color, as mentioned above, is only zinc/cadmium spray coating. this lasts until the pads make contact with the rotors and then its gone for good. Any other part of the rotor will retain the color tho.
Old 06-13-2006, 01:41 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by cjhurtado2
I also have the PIAA Super Rozza 2 piece wheels. 19x8 45mm offset in silver with chrome lip in 245/19/35 tires.

These wheels are sweet and not that common on a 3rd gen TL. I got it from Vick at wheeloptions/e-wheelz. Got a deal from him that really fit my budget. I will post pics soon.
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...70#post1478870
Old 06-14-2006, 04:58 AM
Advanced

piaa wheels

Sorry about the delay have been really bz.Anyways about the rims i broke my digital camera so i havent been able to post pics.I didnt have to use any kind of spacers.I think the wheels have to be at least 8.5 wide.I have a 42 offset.I have a 6 speed but everything fits fine ive been on bumps and no rub im running 235/35/19 inch tires.As soon as i get another camera ill post pics.