Tein Street Basis Blown out of the box?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2015, 02:28 AM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tein Street Basis Blown out of the box?

I have stock struts with H&R lowering springs, but one strut finally blew (as expected), so I had to change them anyway.

Some friends and I got the rears installed tonight but the sun decided it was done, so we're going to do the front in the morning but when I parked the car for the night, I noticed an absolutely god awful noise coming from the rear, so we were pushing on the trunk/rear quarters and it sounds like dying, the car also bounces like its on hydraulics, we both pushed it down and when we let go the rear wheels actually lifted off the ground.

I'm not sure what's going on but I can't drive the car like this.

My second issue is the height adjustment collars are bottomed out. But the ride height is actually about 1/4" taller then it was with stock struts and H&R lowering springs.

All we did was took them out of the box exactly as they were, lowered the collars to the bottom, and put on the existing factory top hats (until the Type S ones come in)

Any suggestions? Is there some kind of spring preload pieces I'm missing? Does anyone have any pictures of what is suppose to be included because I feel like I'm missing something, I'm tempted to put the blown struts back in and send the Teins back.

So far, it is the worst suspension I have ever seen in my life, it bounces until the rear wheels come off the ground, something isn't right, the struts have to be blown right out of the box or they had them assembled wrong or something, I don't know.

I'm out of ideas, any help or install pics would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 06-10-2015, 11:30 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 624 Likes on 478 Posts
I would recheck your installation. I would recheck the bolts. And I would raise the car up. Lowering all the perches to the bottom thread is asking for trouble, noise and poor ride quality.