Tein Basic coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2011, 11:07 AM
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Cool Tein Basic coilovers

I know there are other choices. I know there's the Tein SS that is adjustable. I know that is a plus, it's worth it, etc.

Can someone tell me if Tein Basic is "too stiff?" Set to one of the higher settings and NOT slammed.

Would it be something your wife or mother would complain about?
Old 08-23-2011, 10:23 AM
Chapter Leader (Mid-Atlantic Region)

Received 269 Likes on 225 Posts
Originally Posted by cabanalane
I know there are other choices. I know there's the Tein SS that is adjustable. I know that is a plus, it's worth it, etc.

Can someone tell me if Tein Basic is "too stiff?" Set to one of the higher settings and NOT slammed.

the only thing you can adjust on the basics is the height. Back when i had the basic's my gf and often passenger would say how my ride is bumpy. After a few years i upgraded to the SS and problem solved. My GF is happy and my passengers love em
Old 08-23-2011, 09:06 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
function and forms are pretty comfyy
i just installed my V1's yesterday rides almost like stock
Old 08-24-2011, 07:44 AM
[Mod Censored Title]

Received 225 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by cabanalane

first off, disregard the basics...this is an obsolete product. they have been replaced by the street basis. anyways, i just installed the tein street basis (simply an upgraded version of the basics...however, they do allow you an additional max drop height of ~.4" compared to basics or super streets) and they ride very well...and i'm lowered about 1-3/4" (not slammed by any means). every passenger in my car (men & women) has said the ride is very comfortable.

on a side note, if you decide to get any of these tein products make sure you get the type-s bushings. they are far superior to the standard rubber bushings in the top mounts. they cost about $120 for all 8 of them (2 per top hat assembly).
The following users liked this post:
oemplusmore (05-31-2013)
Old 08-24-2011, 11:41 AM
takin care of Business in

Received 4,732 Likes on 4,064 Posts
^^^ I agree

the basis are not too stiff for the track and not too soft to be called stock....they are somewhere in the middle....i like em and have been rocking them for 70K miles....

they ride nice....they are stiff enough to corner quickly....never had complains.....
Old 08-25-2011, 01:46 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 624 Likes on 478 Posts
Originally Posted by swoosh
^^^ I agree

the basis are not too stiff for the track and not too soft to be called stock....they are somewhere in the middle....i like em and have been rocking them for 70K miles....

they ride nice....they are stiff enough to corner quickly....never had complains.....

The Street Basis is basically an improved version of the Basics. Firmer than stock but not stiff and at a very reasonable price.

PM me for pricing if you need a set.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:11 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by john_wrap
first off, disregard the basics...this is an obsolete product. they have been replaced by the street basis. anyways, i just installed the tein street basis (simply an upgraded version of the basics...however, they do allow you an additional max drop height of ~.4" compared to basics or super streets) and they ride very well...and i'm lowered about 1-3/4" (not slammed by any means). every passenger in my car (men & women) has said the ride is very comfortable.

on a side note, if you decide to get any of these tein products make sure you get the type-s bushings. they are far superior to the standard rubber bushings in the top mounts. they cost about $120 for all 8 of them (2 per top hat assembly).
What's total drop from stock height with these coils I have an 07 TL wanna slamm tryin to pick out good coils
Old 01-08-2013, 10:47 AM
takin care of Business in

Received 4,732 Likes on 4,064 Posts
^^^ you can drop anywhere between 0 and 2.5" if am not mistaken....you can go flush on them....if you are looking for SLAMMED, then this might not be or you....

also look into the XLR8 ISCN1 coils....they are awesome !!! Ask Josh (XLR8) to give a quote on them....

after almost 85K miles on my Tein Basics (ZERO Complains) I sold them and bought the XLR8 ISC N1's. These coils offered me height adjustment + preload adjustment + 32 way damper adjustment....and they come with top hats installed....I absolutely love these coils....

Josh being one of the premium vendors and always a helpful guy, I know if there are any issues he will address them as soon as humanly possible....definitely look into those as well
Old 01-08-2013, 11:38 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by swoosh
^^^ you can drop anywhere between 0 and 2.5" if am not mistaken....you can go flush on them....if you are looking for SLAMMED, then this might not be or you....

also look into the XLR8 ISCN1 coils....they are awesome !!! Ask Josh (XLR8) to give a quote on them....

after almost 85K miles on my Tein Basics (ZERO Complains) I sold them and bought the XLR8 ISC N1's. These coils offered me height adjustment + preload adjustment + 32 way damper adjustment....and they come with top hats installed....I absolutely love these coils....

Josh being one of the premium vendors and always a helpful guy, I know if there are any issues he will address them as soon as humanly possible....definitely look into those as well
How do I get ahold of this josh I'm lookin for maximum drop from stock on coil with good ride n stiffness... N camber kit suggestions
Old 01-08-2013, 12:23 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 624 Likes on 478 Posts
Originally Posted by bakers13
How do I get ahold of this josh I'm lookin for maximum drop from stock on coil with good ride n stiffness... N camber kit suggestions
Send me an email to sales@excelerateperformance.com