STANCE: Almost there...

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2009, 10:01 AM
Chapter Leader (NY/NJ)

Received 186 Likes on 146 Posts
more pics of the sick ride in the FDR State park photo thread. Thanks for coming thru rodney and letting us all admire the car.
Old 07-20-2009, 12:47 PM
too much money for

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Damn rodney u went all out there...that shit looks crazy and loving the exhaust can't wait to see it in person!!!!!!!!
Old 07-20-2009, 02:28 PM
Engineer

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
rodney,
more pictures of the front end plz...
Old 07-20-2009, 05:12 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I know that there are only a few pictures... BUT I CAN'T STOP LOOKING!
Old 07-20-2009, 06:12 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 104 Likes on 65 Posts
rodney, i should probably wait to see an actual photoshoot, but from the pictures provided, i have to be honest and say i dont like it. Imma be flammed but you seem like the kinda person who likes to hear honest opinions and constructive criticism. As you know, ive been interested in your build, i follow and love the vip style, and i even called the ls460 exhaust a while back (i pmed you asking where you were getting it done and you called me crazy :P) but it just doesnt seem to flow to me. the body work is amazing, and you definatly deserve props for pushing the limits, but from the rear shot, the flare looks too bulbous and like a shelf. it kinda just seems to end out of no where. the tail lights dont flow at all. ( i have the same problem on my car with the base lights, they only look good in certain lighting.) i like the exhaust, and it was executed perfectly, but something about that rear just keeps reminding me of the ron jon kit, especially from the 3/4 rear view. the front end, which ive always hated about the tl, just doesnt accomodate the wide, luxurious rear. The wheels are hard as hell tho, and im 100% certain you dont consider your car completed atm. the stance is hard as hell, and tahts always the most important part of any show vehicle, so props to that. You also said that rear tuck is the look you were going for, which isnt what i would go for, but still looks baller none the less. In any case, youre definatly rolling hard on the streets of NY right now, and im sure breaking a lot of necks. just look at that rear fitment, wow.

FLAME ON

EDIT: i just noticed something that might be the reason im turned off by the rear. I dont agree with removing the rear side marker, cus it leaves a big empty space in that area, compared to the highly detailed look of the type S rear lip.

Last edited by DecaFe1; 07-20-2009 at 06:17 PM.
Old 07-20-2009, 07:10 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree with...
Removing the sidemarker
And the base tails.

I disagree with....
The pull. Im sure he's going for more the OEM look. thats how the TL's fenders are originally they just drop off.
And the exhaust looks fine to me.

2 opinion from me. get creative with the frontend like you did with your rear, and get 07-08 base tails and DONT TOUCH IT leave it red/white. They look perfect on a white TL.

Last edited by EvansTL; 07-20-2009 at 07:14 PM.
Old 07-20-2009, 07:27 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by EvansTL
I agree with...
Removing the sidemarker
And the base tails.

I disagree with....
The pull. Im sure he's going for more the OEM look. thats how the TL's fenders are originally they just drop off.

2 opinion from me. get creative with the frontend like you did with your rear, and get 07-08 base tails and DONT TOUCH IT leave it red/white. They look perfect on a white TL.

Edit: I take that back, it doesnt have the OEM look, its a pull. but still nice IMO
Old 07-20-2009, 11:07 PM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
no rear sidemarker... jdm
redout tails... jdm
vip... jdm

rodney... jdm

even if the damn car aint jdm... its jdm enough for me
Old 07-21-2009, 08:12 AM
Instructor

i would photoshoot this car if it was local! its beautiful.
Old 07-21-2009, 08:15 AM
Retired!!! ON TOP!!!

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by jptl04
damn rodney your car looks amazing!!! they wheels are so hot! true VIP status right there! as for the paint and bodywork i'll give it up homeboy did an awesome job i have always like the LS tips and how they flowed so well with the rear bumper. i wondered how they would look on our cars. result............pretty fuckin badass!!!

i may have a nice WDP out here in the west, but your WDP is the king of the east air suspension, sick wheels, sick custom bodywork, custom tips, sound sytem, suede......... i've always liked your car, now i love it. awesome job brother! cant wait for the photoshoot.
Thanks Kid... I appreciate you taking the time and commenting. You are the man... It feels good that you like it

Originally Posted by stillhere153
I keep coming back to see more and more... um rod... test fit ur stocks... can you say sunken battle ship
Yeah... The bodyguy did that to see... it's like a 3.5" tuck up front and 5" tuck in the rear... I'm glad I didn't see it...

Originally Posted by Trew
You are a true PIONEER, Rodney...

If I ever come up there I'd wash and wax your car by hand just so I could get to stroke her.
Trew... Thanks for the kind words...

I think I might take you up on that offer

Originally Posted by 04TLSTER
My man! Ur car is sick! U out did everyone here fo sho! Only in the bronx! U got us the championship belt here the boogie down!
You already know... but I bet it's only temporary

Originally Posted by deematic
Why did you ditch the fogs?
It was time for a change... Some fogs will be back in Version 2.0...

Originally Posted by chill_dog
Very, very, very, very impressive.
Holy shit... my man Chill keeping it short and sweet...

Thanks for the kind words...

Originally Posted by elkechon
Damn rodney u went all out there...that shit looks crazy and loving the exhaust can't wait to see it in person!!!!!!!!
Thanks Kels... You know I'm in the streets all day... (except when I'm bullshitting here)

Originally Posted by DecaFe1
rodney, i should probably wait to see an actual photoshoot, but from the pictures provided, i have to be honest and say i dont like it. Imma be flammed but you seem like the kinda person who likes to hear honest opinions and constructive criticism. As you know, ive been interested in your build, i follow and love the vip style, and i even called the ls460 exhaust a while back (i pmed you asking where you were getting it done and you called me crazy :P) but it just doesnt seem to flow to me. the body work is amazing, and you definatly deserve props for pushing the limits, but from the rear shot, the flare looks too bulbous and like a shelf. it kinda just seems to end out of no where. the tail lights dont flow at all. ( i have the same problem on my car with the base lights, they only look good in certain lighting.) i like the exhaust, and it was executed perfectly, but something about that rear just keeps reminding me of the ron jon kit, especially from the 3/4 rear view. the front end, which ive always hated about the tl, just doesnt accomodate the wide, luxurious rear. The wheels are hard as hell tho, and im 100% certain you dont consider your car completed atm. the stance is hard as hell, and tahts always the most important part of any show vehicle, so props to that. You also said that rear tuck is the look you were going for, which isnt what i would go for, but still looks baller none the less. In any case, youre definatly rolling hard on the streets of NY right now, and im sure breaking a lot of necks. just look at that rear fitment, wow.

FLAME ON

EDIT: i just noticed something that might be the reason im turned off by the rear. I dont agree with removing the rear side marker, cus it leaves a big empty space in that area, compared to the highly detailed look of the type S rear lip.
No doubt... everyone is entitled to their opinion...

You Pmed me asking about a conversion... I did call you crazy cause there wasn't going to be any... Prove and point is shown in the pictures... Everything is OEM except for the LS460 muffler tips... unless is consider installing some other car's muffler tips a conversion????

I built it the way I wanted... and my vision on how the TL will execute a decent "VIP Style" STANCE... at the end of the day that's what is important 'cause I have to drive it everyday...

That's the beauty about the VIP Style... there isn't anything set in stone about how to build it... well except a Platform Car and Stance... I completely fcuked up the Platform car ... but I think I got the stance ON the MONEY...

DeCaFe1 I really appreciate your honesty buddy... says a lot about you I look forward to seeing your build in the near future. I'm interested to see your vision...

Originally Posted by EvansTL
I agree with...
Removing the sidemarker
And the base tails.

I disagree with....

You know... that rear sidemarker give the car too much of a SPORTY look... that's why I removed it... I love the base tails... In all my builds I try to tie everything together... the base tails match my red BBK... and the 07-08 Tails aren't as rubby red as the base... That's just me... You will never see those ugly looking base tails on my car... Ever... I hate those things since the first time I seen them...

Thanks for the comment though...

Thanks everyone for y'all kind words... This build was all worth it... I love the way it looks and the way it rides... and the reaction from people seeing the car is just priceless... Definitely something new to the streets of NYC... No I know how WidebodyQ feels...

Remember... EXECUTION is EVERYTHING....
Old 07-21-2009, 08:23 AM
Retired!!! ON TOP!!!

EDIT:

What other means are you guys going to attempt to get wheels that stick out over 3" out the fender to fit??? other than pull and radius the fenders and tube the inner fender???
Old 07-21-2009, 08:42 AM
Oderint dum metuant.

Received 534 Likes on 446 Posts
Originally Posted by rodneyc77
Holy shit... my man Chill keeping it short and sweet...

Thanks for the kind words...
No point in blathering on about it: your car is unique, the work is top notch and well done, and overall, it's one hot car. I know it will probably never happen, but I would love to see it in person. I'm definitely looking forward to more pictures, though, preferably hosted so I can see them at work .
Old 07-21-2009, 09:18 AM
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)

Received 19,966 Likes on 14,484 Posts
I want more pictures please...
please.
please.
Old 07-21-2009, 10:39 AM
Engineer and Machinist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Amazing work!
Old 07-21-2009, 11:10 AM
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Bunch of pics of your car in this thread.. I am sure you know.. but for those that don't here ya go:
https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-photograph-gallery-96/fdr-state-park-ny-meet-7-19-2009-over-150-pictures-736401/
Old 07-21-2009, 11:36 AM
Advanced

looks really good mad probs for the fender work 1 of a kind!!!you guys love the vip look up in the states to bad toronto is all about JDM ftmfw!!! we should have a niagra meet soon
Old 07-21-2009, 09:21 PM
Retired!!! ON TOP!!!

some pictures I stole...

Old 07-21-2009, 10:55 PM
Advanced

"if sparks dont fly your too HIGH!!!"....lol
Old 07-21-2009, 11:37 PM
I have car ADD

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts
wow... you and jptl04 make me miss my WDP 3G

ya know, alot of people bashed on xclusiv's ride... but looking at your cars ass... i think that rear a-spec molded, would be FRESH
Old 07-22-2009, 12:11 AM
Racer

Car looks amazing!! the Lexus muffler tips, were they a direct fit or did they have to do some cutting to fit in there?
Old 07-22-2009, 07:13 AM
Retired!!! ON TOP!!!

Originally Posted by draztic1011
Car looks amazing!! the Lexus muffler tips, were they a direct fit or did they have to do some cutting to fit in there?
no direct fit... there was cutting, welding, molding and repaint...
Old 07-22-2009, 08:54 AM
Oderint dum metuant.

Glad you rehosted some pics...can't see squat in that linked thread. The car really does look good. I love the front wheel that has every bit of open space filled with brake...that's how it should look. The wheels themselves (design/style) are really sharp, too.
Old 07-22-2009, 09:01 AM
Retired!!! ON TOP!!!

Exactly Chill... The devil's in the details...

Wheels look like the stockies
Old 07-22-2009, 09:12 AM
zaino'd

Yo thats siiiiiiiiick!! Love the work you put it.

Old 07-22-2009, 09:34 AM
Oderint dum metuant.

Originally Posted by rodneyc77
Wheels look like the stockies
Not really. Five spokes is about the only similarity I see. The more I look at them, the more I like them...definitely one of the best sets of wheels on a 3G. And that would be the case even if you hadn't gone with the aggressive set up that you did that required the body work. It's just a great looking wheel that works really well with our car.
Old 07-22-2009, 03:27 PM
Feenin on some 20's

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts
Jus loving this.. Great car man, love this build.

So i took my dear time to actually look at the rear pull. It looks really extreme but at least it sits pretty flush to the wheel.

IMO,One thing that would set it off is the get the rear pull shaped like the OEM... Right now, the fenders just look flared, but it's w/e rocks your boat.

The REAR, however is amazing.. Totally VIP Styled. GJ man! And these wheels flow real well with this car.
It's too bad the front end is too dam sporty, especially with the lights/a-spec lip kit, making it a sporty lookin ride.

So when we gonna get a video of you"ridin dirty" =)

Last edited by ILLustriousUA6; 07-22-2009 at 03:31 PM.
Old 07-22-2009, 03:48 PM
Retired!!! ON TOP!!!

Thanks Illustrious

Yeah... that's the first thing I told the body guy to do... but after he started building the fenders... he was going to have to radius the fenders really high in order to get me rolling low (dirty) without any rubbing issues... he made it such that I'm flush while rolling and slight tuck while slammed in the rear and poking while 10 - 15mm while rolling and flush while slammed in the front... without any rubbing... I love it...

Videos and pics coming soon... I just been enjoying driving the car trying to find the NYC road suspension sweet spot with these wheels... I've had no time to meet with my friends...
Old 07-22-2009, 05:09 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 104 Likes on 65 Posts
Rod, side profile is amazing, and front fitment is spot on
Old 07-23-2009, 07:38 AM
Retired!!! ON TOP!!!

Rear View Mirror View...

Old 07-23-2009, 07:46 AM
Instructor

drive it to import alliance this weekend and ill shoot it

...in TN.
Old 07-23-2009, 08:03 AM
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)

Received 19,966 Likes on 14,484 Posts
^^^That's an offer I wouldn't pass up if I was local. I've been eye f*c*ing the heck out of the Canon EOS cameras for years...I really want to get into the hobby. Your pic of your car in that 10 year old paint thread was very cool.
Old 07-23-2009, 09:40 AM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
rod, if you have to parralel park you are assed as soon as you back up the curb will be right next to you... its like parking a damn hummer
Old 07-24-2009, 02:26 PM
Retired!!! ON TOP!!!

Al...

I parallel park just fine... two (2) feet away from the curb

Once again... Thanks everyone for such an overwhelming possitive response to a very radical modded TL...
Old 07-24-2009, 03:24 PM
Chapter Leader (New England)

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
Holy fuck the car looks sick!! Is this your DD?? I hope you have a winter beater......
Old 07-24-2009, 09:11 PM
Retired!!! ON TOP!!!

Thanks playa...

I drive this thing everyday.... Unless I'm too hung over to drive...

this car is in the streets daily... No winter beater... This thing is going to roll year round... The most I'll do is winter beater wheels with good fitment
Old 07-24-2009, 10:06 PM
Chapter Leader (NY/NJ)

Received 186 Likes on 146 Posts
Old 07-24-2009, 10:49 PM
10th Gear

Hmmmmmm.... I got a chance to see it today for a short while.

the teasers...

and finally...
Old 07-24-2009, 10:58 PM
Retired!!! ON TOP!!!

HOLY SHIT!!!!

Those pictures came out CRAZY!!! I was on the phone and was thinking ... Why are you taking pictures if the car is dirty...

You are the man Soup... No bullshit... WOW!!!
Old 07-24-2009, 11:21 PM
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Black Rob says "WHOA".

classy shots Soup, Rod ya car is right!

kudos fam
Old 07-25-2009, 12:14 AM
Burning Brakes

^^^^ That is some precise fitment right there! I can't believe those are 19"s they look huge! Shots are great!

Quick Reply: STANCE: Almost there...