Spacer Help

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2006, 11:07 AM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Spacer Help

Ok, I need a little help here. I've got an 06 6MT TL, I bought some new wheels and tires for it from TireracK. I also got the 5MM H&R spacers for it to clear the front Brembo's.

I'm now experiencing some vibration, I had the tire balance checked and it's perfect. This leads me to believe it's the spacers causing the vibration. They ARE NOT hubcentric and I was told that since they are only 5MM I don't hubcentric spacers.

Does this sound right?

2nd Part:

The wheels have a small black plastic ring that fits into them and it's coned in the center, I understand that this is what centers the wheel on the stock hub. But it seems like the ring should snap into the spacer and then into the wheel as this would center both the spacer and the wheel. The way it's mounted right now the spacer is against the stock hub but its just kind of "hanging" on the studs, the black ring is snapped into the wheel but never goes through the spacer so there's no way the spacer will ever be centered. Help!!!

One other comment, I could not find 5mm spacers that are hubcentric or else I would have just bought them.
Old 06-01-2006, 11:15 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When looking for rims I was told to NEVER get a rim where I would need spacers to make them fit. I was told that the spacers are never a perfect fit and would usually always cause some kind of vibration. While it narrowed down my choice of rims, I will know that the rim I chose will not have this problem.

Sell those rims and buy some that actually fit the car would be your best bet if you ask me...
Old 06-01-2006, 02:11 PM
Dragging knees in

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
http://www.drivewire.com/performance...eelspacer.html

^^ hubcentric spacer

Scroll down to the H&R list. Check under Acura. ITR/NSX rear axle, 64.1mm center bore, 5x114.3, 5mm width.

Seems like it should work.
Old 06-01-2006, 03:50 PM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for the replies guys.

Adam,

I agree the best bet is with wheels that are direct fit, I was just never able to find any that I REALLY liked that qualified. As a last resort I'll sell these and go with A-spec wheels. Just so you'll know I ended up buying ASA JH8's.

Pure Adrenaline,

The spacers I bought are H&R's and they are listed as hubcentric on H&R's homepage but after I opened them and inspected them I realized they really aren't.

That's what got me to asking around about the whole hubcentric deal. I've had three different people tell me that 5mm spacers shouldn't need to be hubcentric because the stock hub sticks through them far enough that the wheel will still mount on it. And I don't disagree with this after taking mine off and looking at it. What concerns me is the spacer itself because it isn't centered on the hub and that just doesn't seem right. In fact there's no way to center it on the hub.

Again, thanks for the replies!!!
Old 07-08-2006, 12:23 PM
not vtech... VTEC!!!

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by roybiggens
Thanks for the replies guys.

Adam,

I agree the best bet is with wheels that are direct fit, I was just never able to find any that I REALLY liked that qualified. As a last resort I'll sell these and go with A-spec wheels. Just so you'll know I ended up buying ASA JH8's.

Pure Adrenaline,

The spacers I bought are H&R's and they are listed as hubcentric on H&R's homepage but after I opened them and inspected them I realized they really aren't.

That's what got me to asking around about the whole hubcentric deal. I've had three different people tell me that 5mm spacers shouldn't need to be hubcentric because the stock hub sticks through them far enough that the wheel will still mount on it. And I don't disagree with this after taking mine off and looking at it. What concerns me is the spacer itself because it isn't centered on the hub and that just doesn't seem right. In fact there's no way to center it on the hub.

Again, thanks for the replies!!!
I was searching and stumbled upon this thread...

It's possible that the spacer you ordered has bigger centerbore (maybe for 03 TL's) than the 04 TL.
Old 07-16-2006, 01:53 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How many turns are you getting with the lugnut on the 5mm. With 5mm's on my old integra you had to replace the studs too. the h&r kit I bought included new studs too. did yours?