Some advice for my A spec wheels...

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2009 | 08:35 PM
8th Gear

Some advice for my A spec wheels...

Hey guys, I'm fairly new to the forum and although I have not posted or commented much, I HAVE been surfing around and looking around quite a lot.

Anyways, I just recently picked up a set of 18x8.5 A spec rims for my TL that are powder coated black. I would like some opinions and help on the following:

1. I would like to first verify that my base 04 center caps and lug nuts will fit these rims (since they did not come with any). Additionally, I would like to paint my center caps black to match the rims and would like to know what type of paint to use is best. Should I use Duplicolor and apply several coats? I have read that many members used that to paint their wheels and center caps.

2. I am in the market for a brand new set of tires to go with my Aspecs and would like some recommendation. I am a calm driver and would like to get a good set of tires that are both smooth and quiet without jeopardizing performance. I will need an all season tire since I live in NY and the weather here is well.... lets just say horrible. What brand is suggested and what tire size should I run on these? I do not have any drop (although I might consider an aspec suspension in the near future) and I am at stock height with the original suspensions. I want a tire size that will look good and perform well without needing spacers or any further mods. I just want to mount them, balance them and go.

3. Lastly, I am looking for a nice set of black lug nuts that I could use for my Aspecs. I considered painting my OEM lug nuts black but I was wondering if there is any suggested lug nuts that are of good quality that I can use for a decent price. If there is no luck with those, I might still consider painting my OEM black when I do my center caps.

Any imput is greatly appreciated!! Thanks.
Old 05-21-2009 | 08:40 PM
LIST/RAMEN/WING MAHSTA 짱

Welcome to the forum:

1. Yes, they will fit.

2. There are many tire discussion threads here in the proper sub forum. If you find your way over there, you'll see them.

3. Muteki makes some affordable black lugs.

Hope I helped a little bit!
Old 05-22-2009 | 02:51 PM
Burning Brakes

^Agreed on all three counts. Tire type recommendations have been covered ad nauseum in many, many threads....do a search.
Old 05-23-2009 | 06:02 PM
8th Gear

Thanks for the pointers, been reading up on other threads about tires and asking around as well.

As for the lug nuts, I read on a Honda forum that there are black Honda/Acura OEM lug nuts. I believe they are from a particular generation NSX. Any advise on those? Will they be the proper lugs for my Aspecs? Any one know the part number for them so I can inquire with a dealer?

Any help is appreciated once again. Thanks.