Sevas and Maya Wheel Gurus

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 02:08 AM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sevas and Maya Wheel Gurus

First for the Sevas guru's. Do any of you know when the forged line is going to hit the market and the estimated costs of these boys (i'm expecting 700+ per wheel but hopefully they'll make these things somewhat affordable)

Second for those who own Maya wheels. I've seen some guys on this board with STM's...what are the average weights of these wheels (19x8.5) and what costs did you guys get these for?

Thanks!
Old 07-13-2007, 11:29 PM
All the world's a stage

I don't know when the new Sevas Forgeline will be coming out but if it's anything like the current Sevas out, it'll be terribly hard to get. I'm actually losing faith in Sevas because of their TERRIBLE customer service. And I mean TERRIBLE with a capital "T".
Old 07-14-2007, 04:19 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by -sNaFu*
I don't know when the new Sevas Forgeline will be coming out but if it's anything like the current Sevas out, it'll be terribly hard to get. I'm actually losing faith in Sevas because of their TERRIBLE customer service. And I mean TERRIBLE with a capital "T".
wow i didn't know they were that much of a pain in the ass. I figured with so many peeps on here that have them they were the shit. Slammed_JDM, dkid23, ed99, rodenyc77, and yourself to name a few. I'm also hoping there is a wide selection in 19's because the were limited as hell with the current lineup. I refuse to go 20 and have rub issues with seating 4 people in my car. F that. I appreciate you giving me your sNaFu. I'm going to keep that in mind when doing my wheel selection. I want something original. I don't want to break the mold with some wheels we haven't seen on a TL yet. Props to RevolutionSig with the sick ass gold Volk GT-S's...
Old 07-14-2007, 03:48 PM
All the world's a stage

Both ed99 and me are having issues with them. Basically, they keep giving us the run-around about the status of our wheels. ed99 has been waiting for 4 months already for his and I'm only waiting for a replacement wheel (I bent one wheel already).

It's been almost 3 months now and still no wheel. After waiting the 30 days they said it would take, my wheel wasn't in yet. I called and called 3 times a week and kept getting the same answer: "Oh, it's on it's way. You should get it soon." When I would ask for the tracking number on the item, they said they didn't have it and to call back tomorrow to get it. I'd call the next day and they would say the same thing, "We don't have it."

Now after 2 months of the run-around, we were finally fed up, so we called bitching that we need some answers. Here is the answer they gave me. " Can you fax over your order sheet? Apparently, we don't have it in our system." WHAT THE F*CK! We fax it over to them and said we need that wheel ASAP because it's been 2 months already. They replied, "Well, our next container arrives in 30 days. We'll call you when it's in."

Terrible customer service, if you ask me. I'll never recommend their business to anyone ever again.

Sorry for venting...
Old 07-14-2007, 05:16 PM
'06 750Li Sapphire/Creme

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maya's can be had on the open market (used) for around $400/wheel. New they are around $625/each. Our bolt pattern is the same as the infiniti's (114.5) so sometimes you can find them on their online forums but be careful about the offset's. Some of the ones you see on eBay may not fit (like these may not work...)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...6028390&rd=1,1
Old 07-15-2007, 01:44 AM
Racer

Sorry? noway snafu..its peeps like yourself the keep my ass from getting into this mess so if anything THANK YOU for filling me in. This is useful information for sure. I'll take your word and avoid Sevas like the plague. I don't want that headache if the customer service sucks. That is the worst. Reminds me of DirecTV fucking up my bills every single month for NFL ticket. Good looking out my man and best of luck getting your wheels.
Old 07-15-2007, 01:50 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by ndabunka
Maya's can be had on the open market (used) for around $400/wheel. New they are around $625/each. Our bolt pattern is the same as the infiniti's (114.5) so sometimes you can find them on their online forums but be careful about the offset's. Some of the ones you see on eBay may not fit (like these may not work...)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...6028390&rd=1,1
ndabunka..I get a little timid buying such expensive stuff on ebay because you don't know if its a knockoff or not(especially when used will probably come from individuals and not stores). I've had a solid experience buying a ton of stuff there but this isn't $1-$500 were talking here. Its $2000+. Also if I'm paying that much I might as well fork out for brand new ones. I just registered to the clublexus forum a couple days ago because they seem to have a ton of vendors for wheels there. We'll see where that gets me. Sofar I've been striking out as I got a couple quotes for $850+ per wheel on 19x8.5's..F that! Thanks for the advice bro. Much appreciated.
Old 07-15-2007, 09:26 AM
'06 750Li Sapphire/Creme

Originally Posted by pellepelle_10
ndabunka..I get a little timid buying such expensive stuff on ebay because you don't know if its a knockoff or not(especially when used will probably come from individuals and not stores). I've had a solid experience buying a ton of stuff there but this isn't $1-$500 were talking here. Its $2000+. Also if I'm paying that much I might as well fork out for brand new ones. I just registered to the clublexus forum a couple days ago because they seem to have a ton of vendors for wheels there. We'll see where that gets me. Sofar I've been striking out as I got a couple quotes for $850+ per wheel on 19x8.5's..F that! Thanks for the advice bro. Much appreciated.
Yea, I understand the eBay waryness. In the end, there are a few things you can do to protect yourself during high-cost transactions but once eBay bought paypal I think that some of the consumer protections were reduced (to reduce the cost of doing business to their new owner, eBay) so I can't blame you there. As an FYI though, I did buy a $43K car off eBay one time and it turned out fine (Car was actually local so the cash transaction went through in person but all the bidding was done on eBay). Keep looking for the dealers, you will find one willing to make a measley $200/wheel eventually (and keep your price down around that ~$600 mark I mentioned). There was a guy on here who bought his from a local shop for $2,400 I think. Go search the picture gallery and look for a black TL with the RonJon kit on it. Looks VERY sharp and (if I recall correctly), he got his reasonably priced (if you call over $2K for wheels alone reasonable).
Old 07-15-2007, 10:13 AM
Cruisin'

If anyone is looking to purchase a set off SEVAS Wheels I'am selling my wheel SEVAS S-22 Silver with a chrome lip. 20x8.5 front and 20x10 in the rear, had them for about four months.